Unofficial Portkey Archive

I'm Already There by Muirnin
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

I'm Already There

Muirnin
I'm Already There

By Muirnin Cocan

Dedicated to: My beloved Lord Logan and my two brilliant and beautiful babes Rose and Christopher… because as the song says: We may be a thousand miles apart, but I'll be with you wherever you are ... This one is for you...

July 31, 2010 - Cambridge, England

The music flooded in the kitchen from the radio on the counter. It's words struck a private chord within Hermione's heart. She had loved listening to the muggle western music, with its lyrics so pure and honest.

As she listened to the words, she could feel the power behind their meaning.

Wish I was in your arms
Lying right there beside you
But I know that I'll be in your dreams tonight
And I'll gently kiss your lips
Touch you with my fingertips
So turn out the light and close your eyes.

I'm already there
Don't make a sound
I'm the beat in your heart
I'm the moonlight shining down
I'm the whisper in the wind
And I'll be there until the end
Can you feel the love that we share
Oh I'm already there.

We may be a thousand miles apart
But I'll be with you wherever you are

I'm already there
Take a look around
I'm the sunshine in your hair
I'm the shadow on the ground
I'm the whisper in the wind
And I'll be there until the end
Can you feel the love that we share
Oh I'm already there
Oh I'm already there...

Silent tears spilled out of her dark brown eyes, the memories of his touch, his kiss - accentuated by the words of the moving song. She knew someday it would be all over, they would be together again… but the unintentional separation that caused her the most grief… because it was out of her control.

She had been planning for this day for weeks and soon their family and friends would soon be filling their home. The delicious dinner she had painstakingly prepared was already in the oven and would be ready soon; she looked at the confectionary delight before her and smiled. It was not every day that your little girl turned 11 and she wanted everything to be special for her darling daughter's special birthday.

The cake was spectacular with loads of light milk chocolate cream topping a deep fudge cake with raspberry filling. The decorations upon the cake were shavings of rich dark chocolate and sugared rose and violet petals.

There was still a couple of hours left before guests would arrive giving her plenty of time to shower and change for the party to come. She was surprised when the doorbell rang; she wiped her hands off on the towel and headed towards the dark mahogany doors. The glass panes showed two figures standing there and her heart began to beat faster. 'It can't be' she thought as she opened the door.

"Hello Mione." He said as he started to close the distance between them.

"Harry? Ron?" she said looking from one man to the other. Tears withheld for over a decade slid down her cheeks as she stared at the men in disbelief.

"Hey ya Herms." Ron said as he moved quickly past Harry and gave her a big hug, her eyes still not off Harry's face. "Where's the little one?"

"She's in her room." Hermione said quietly. Ron left them alone and took off to search for Hermione's daughter.

"Mione…" Harry said breathlessly as he gathered her into his arms, holding her tightly.

"Oh Harry… " She wept into his shoulder, her body melting against his tall frame, his body not as strong and muscular as it had been, but every bit her Harry.

"I'm back… I'm never leaving you both ever again." Harry said as he cupped her face in his hands and kissed her tenderly.

"DADDY!" came a high-pitched scream from across the room. A small built girl with jet-black bushy hair and wide hazel green eyes came bolting towards the embraced pair.

Breaking apart Harry had just enough time to lean down and scoop up his only daughter for the very first time. She began planting kisses all over his face causing all of them in the room to laugh with delight.

"Oh my, I finally come home and the first thing you do is smack me silly!" Harry grinned.

"Lily-Beth, you give your daddy a chance to catch his breath." Hermione said in a mock form of scolding. Her eyes beaming with joy at the sight of finally seeing father and daughter together.

"You're home… you are really home?" Lily asked her father.

"Yes, I'm never going back to Azkaban ever again. I promise…"

"You really, truly promise Daddy?" Lily asked again and Harry with a huge smile and tears in his eyes he nodded, receiving another hug that was just as tight and welcoming as before. "You're the best birthday present I could ever receive Daddy!"

"You are as well baby... you are as well." Harry murmured as he held his beautiful daughter close.

The very mention of Azkaban sent a shiver of fear through Hermione's body. She had given up the wizarding world and had chosen to raise young Lily as a muggle when the Ministry for Magic under the direction of Cornelius Fudge had chosen to send The Boy Who Lived to Azkaban.

May 31, 1999

It had been 2 years since they had graduated Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Ron, Harry and Hermione had lived together in an old Victorian style home in Cambridge, England all working for the Ministry for Magic as Aurors. Ron had been steadily dating Lavender Brown; one of their friends and a fellow Gryffindor from school, while Harry and Hermione had been living together.

They had chosen not to get married, while the threat of Lord Voldemort still hung over their heads; until that menace had been eliminated, they would not complete their vows. They had vowed to each other during their 7th year that they would be with one and other body and soul. However, the vows of teenagers was not seen as legal in the eyes of the Crown of England nor in the eyes of Hermione's parents.

Jack and Elizabeth Granger were disappointed in their daughter's choice to not be legally wed, but stayed on good terms with her and Harry. Jack had taken to pestering Harry about making an honest woman of his only daughter every chance he got. Jack and Harry had gotten along very well despite this minor problem.

The upcoming birth of their first child was an exciting time for both Harry and Hermione, who had stopped working as an Auror during her pregnancy. Harry and Ron on the other hand were busy chasing down leads and terminating death-eaters wherever possible.

When the time came to battle Lord Voldemort, Harry had searched deep within himself and found a source of dark magic that he used to destroy the dark Lord. Upon Lord Voldemort's death, Lucius Malfoy fought to destroy Harry Potter, which would be his own downfall.

When Harry had killed Lucius Malfoy, there had been an outcry from many, who felt that Malfoy's death was a grievous and malicious error. They felt that Harry had not been within his mandate as an Auror to use an unforgivable curse on the suspected death eater.

No matter how much wicked destruction Lucius Malfoy had caused, many still did not consider him allied with the Dark Lord. When Cornelius Fudge responded to the chorus of disapproval, he had Harry arrested and sent straight to Azkaban without a trial.

It had been only 2 months later that, Hermione gave birth to their daughter whom she had named, Lily Elizabeth Potter-Granger.

Ron had fought against the Ministry of Magic along side Albus Dumbledore and Sirius Black trying to get Harry released. It had taken over 11 years when after the death of Cornelius Fudge, they were finally able to convince the new Minister of Magic of Harry's innocence.

Harry had stayed sane within the walls of Azkaban using the same principals that had kept his own Godfather alive and sane during his own imprisonment. He knew he was innocent, which was not a happy thought. He knew he was not able to see his beautiful child or the woman he loved and that brought him no pleasure as well.

It had been Harry who told Ron to have Hermione go muggle if she so wished… both so angry at the wizarding world they both felt they could not involve themselves in the affairs of the ministry and the pretense that had become commonplace amongst many in the wizarding community.

So it was as a muggle that Hermione found work, teaching school and studying at the nearby University. She was still the bookworm and had passed this gift off on her daughter Lily.

Lily had no idea she was the child of such magical people, nor did she know that she too had the opportunity that her parents had been given.

Present

When Lily was out of earshot of Harry and Hermione, he asked, "Has she received her Hogwarts letter yet?"

"It came a couple of days ago. I still hadn't decided whether to give it to her or not."

"They will keep coming you know." Harry said, his own memory harkening back to the hundreds of letters they had been received when Harry had turned 11 years old. His own Aunt and Uncle had tried to keep him from ever becoming a wizard.

"I know. We received a couple more yesterday as well as today." Turning towards Harry she looked at his emerald green eyes, "I didn't think this was a decision I could make without asking you. I was going to have Ron ask you, since I knew you wouldn't want to talk to me while you were… there."

Tears began to fill her eyes as she thought about the torment he must have gone through over the last 11 years.

Harry gathered her back into his arms, holding her close as he whispered, "I have missed you so much Mione. You know what?"

"What?" She asked as he pulled away from her.

Getting down on one knee Harry took her hand and said, "Hermione, my love… I can now make an honest woman of you… if you will have me. I love you with all my heart, and want you to be my wife and spend the rest of our lives together."

Nodding she pulled him up and kissed him passionately. "I've waited since I was 16 years old to say yes, I want to be your wife… My soul and body are yours, always have been... always will."

Standing back up Harry took her into his arms and kissed her with so much passionate that she could feel it in all parts of her body. "I need you," she said quietly.

"I have missed your body… it has been so long…" he whispered back.

"Let's go to our room. Ron can play host and godfather for awhile" Hermione said.

As the couple moved past their daughter's bedroom Hermione gave Ron a look that told him to keep Lily occupied for a while…

Entering their room, Hermione went over to the dresser and get her wand and placed a silencing charm on the room and put a locking charm on the door.

Harry looked at her with so much love and passion. She took him by the hand and led him over towards the bed. She pulled the ivory jumper over her head and let her khaki slacks drop to the floor so that she was only standing in her knickers and bra.

With calm fingers, she began to unbutton his shirt and remove his pants. His boxers were already beginning to tent from his arousal. Shedding the shirt and all other parts of his clothing she ran her hands over his body….

"Happy Birthday my love…" Hermione said as she captured his lips with hers and pushed him back onto the bed. He maneuvered himself towards the center of the bed bringing Hermione with him.

No matter what decision they would have to make regarding Hogwarts or the hordes of people who would be there later that day… this was their time to reacquaint themselves with each other… Because Daddy had come home… and they were already there…

Disclaimer: I do not now, nor at any time own any of the Harry Potter characters. This is an original plot, based on characters created by J K Rowling with additional characters created by Muirnin Cocan. In no way is any money being made, nor copyright or trademark infringement intended. J K Rowling owns all rights as well as various publishers including but not limited to Bloomsbury Books, Scholastic Books and Raincoast Books, with additional rights belonging to Warner Bros., Inc. Some parts may be of an adult nature that may not be suitable for all readers. Reader discretion strongly advised. Lonestar wrote the song "I'm all ready there)". I do not now, nor at any time claim ownership to the song and the same disclaimer applies!

Musing's From Muirnin (aka Author's Notes): This story was originally written prior to the publication of Order of the Phoenix…After learning the fate of our favorite Animagus (silently weeps for Sirius), I had chosen not to upload this story…However, as I was going through some of my files… I found it… and after re-reading the story and the song that goes along with it… I KNEW that I had to add it to my growing list of stories I had already published online…

Peace - As Always,
Muirnin - who firmly believes "An imaginative mind is a terrible thing to waste..." @}>---'---,---

I'm Already There - Lonestar

He called her on the road
From a lonely cold hotel room
Just to hear her say I love you one more time
But when he heard the sound
Of the kids laughing in the background
He had to wipe away a tear from his eye
A little voice came on the phone
Said "Daddy when you coming home"
He said the first thing that came to his mind.

I'm already there
Take a look around
I'm the sunshine in your hair
I'm the shadow on the ground
I'm the whisper in the wind
I'm your imaginary friend
And I know I'm in your prayers
Oh I'm already there.

She got back on the phone
Said I really miss you darling
Don't worry about the kids they'll be alright
Wish I was in your arms
Lying right there beside you
But I know that I'll be in your dreams tonight
And I'll gently kiss your lips
Touch you with my fingertips
So turn out the light and close your eyes.

I'm already there
Don't make a sound
I'm the beat in your heart
I'm the moonlight shining down
I'm the whisper in the wind
And I'll be there until the end
Can you feel the love that we share
Oh I'm already there.

We may be a thousand miles apart
But I'll be with you wherever you are

I'm already there
Take a look around
I'm the sunshine in your hair
I'm the shadow on the ground
I'm the whisper in the wind
And I'll be there until the end
Can you feel the love that we share
Oh I'm already there
Oh I'm already there...