Unofficial Portkey Archive

When You Say You Love Me by Green_Eye_Sparkle16
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

When You Say You Love Me

Green_Eye_Sparkle16

Disclaimer: I wish I made up Harry Potter, but I didn't...I wish I wrote this song...but I didn't! Only the little story is mine!

A/N: I needed a break before I started up on `Secrets From the Past' again...this was just stuck in my head all day.

It's a small one-shot song fic. Based on the song "When You Say You Love Me" by Josh Groban. (My favorite song in the world.)

I hope you like it. Call it a Valentine's Day gift. Please R/R.!

@>---,--`---- HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

When You Say You Love Me

It was all over. Voldemort had finally been defeated three months prior, and they had just graduated not twenty minutes ago. There was a grand ball taking place in the Great Hall, but all they wanted was silence. All they wanted was one last time down by the lake, one last time to hold each other under the moonlight before ending this amazing journey they had shared together at Hogwarts.

The night was warm, and a small breeze blew across the lake, letting ripples move through the water. Harry led Hermione to a spot next to "their tree", and down to the water's edge. The lake never looked more beautiful, its clear water was glistening under the ethereal shimmer of the moon. However, it simply paled in comparison to Hermione's beauty.

They stood facing the water, listening to it swish along beside them, Hermione leaning back against Harry's chest, his arms wrapped lovingly across her front. Hermione smiled out towards the lake and sighed as bliss overtook her.

"I love you Harry." Hermione whispered into the night air.

Like the sound of silence calling,
I hear your voice and suddenly
I'm falling, lost in a dream.

"I love you so much."

Harry hugged her tighter to him and kissed her neck.

"And I love you `Mione." Harry said. "I love you with all of my heart."

Harry had never expected to ever feel this way about anyone.

Like the echoes of our souls are meeting,
You say those words and my heart stops beating.
I wonder what it means.
What could it be that comes over me?
At times I can't move.
At times I can hardly breath.

But with Hermione, it felt as if the only thing he'd ever need to live was her. After all, it was because of her that he had survived. Her tenderness, her love, and her faith in him was what kept him fighting. The sound of her voice in his head was all he heard as he defeated the Dark Lord, Voldemort.

Hermione turned around to look into Harry's eyes. There was so much behind those gorgeous jade eyes of his. Behind them lied the youthful spirit of the 11 year-old she'd fallen in love with all those years ago. Behind those eyes was the strong, loving man that she knew and loved today.

She told him again.

"I love you."

When you say you love me,
The world goes still, so still and silent.
When you say you love me,
For a moment, there's no one else alive.

Harry looked into her eyes - those radiant brown eyes. The depth of their beauty always seemed to take over Harry's thoughts. He stared into them and was immersed in pools of loveliness. In those eyes he saw that brainy girl he'd come to know as his best friend, and the woman that now made his heart melt when she said those words. She was his home, she was his life, she was his everything.

You're the one I've always thought of.
I don't know how, but I feel sheltered in your love.
You're where I belong.
And when you're with me if I close my eyes,
There are times I swear I feel like I can fly

For a moment in time.

Somewhere between the Heavens and Earth ,
And frozen in time,

Oh when you say those words.

Harry smiled at Hermione as he brought a hand on her face. Her eyelids closed as she savored his touch. His fingers ran over her cheek, her chin, up her jaw and lingered around her lips. Harry traced their outline and ran his fingers back up to her cheek. He drew her to him and kissed her passionately, yet with such tenderness.

"I love you Hermione."

When you say you love me
The world goes still, so still and silent.
When you say you love me
For a moment there's no one else alive.

Hermione smiled warmly as he took her back into his arms. They sat down against the aged tree that they'd come to appreciate as one of the many memorable places that lied within the grounds of Hogwarts. They both had learned nearly one year ago, under this tree, that they both loved each other. They learned they both loved each other more than either could express. All they needed to say was `I love you', and that was enough.

Hermione now lie in Harry's arms, both of them basking in the warmth of the night. Their last night before their grand adventure ended...only to begin a new one.


And this journey that we're on.
How far we've come and I celebrate every moment.
And when you say you love me,
That's all you have to say.
I'll always feel this way.

"Hermione." Harry whispered.

"Hmm?" Hermione moaned, keeping her eyes closed, taking in this night for all that it was worth.

"Will you marry me?" Harry whispered once more. He held out a shimmering diamond ring that seemed to mirror the reflection of the moon that danced across the lake's water.

Hermione stared at the ring for a moment, then turned to meet Harry's eyes again. She searched them once more for that boy she'd fallen in love with.

He was gone.

All she saw in his eyes, was the man that she loved with all her heart. The man she was going to marry.

She leaned in close to him and placed her lips next to his ear. "Yes." she whispered.

Harry smiled into the night as she wrapped her arms around him, and was now in glorious, shimmering tears of joy. He placed the ring on her finger and kissed her eyes after brushing away the drops of water that dotted her cheeks.

"I love you. Harry, I love you so much."

Harry kissed her sweetly on the lips, and in an instant felt all the happiness in the world filling his heart.

When you say you love me
The world goes still, so still and silent.
When you say you love me
In that moment I know why I'm alive.

"I'll love you forever Hermione. For all eternity."


When you say you love me.
When you say you love me.
Do you know how I love you?


A/N: I'd really appreciate your thoughts on this one. I hope you liked it!


-->