Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Hogwarts Six by Catark
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Hogwarts Six

Catark

This chapter was automatically imported from the story archive available on /r/HPharmony.

Please report any issues by using the Report as broken button!

The Hogwarts Six

A/N: This was the first fan fic I ever wrote. I orginally posted it about 3 months ago. I have completely revised it and hopefuly made it better.

Disclaimer: Al the Harry Potter stuff does not belong to me, as you already knew. This story is losely based on the story line of the game Lunar-Silver Star Story Complete.

Harry Potter leaned forward in his chair in front of the Gryffindor common room fire. His eyes raced across the large book that laid open his lap. He was completely engrossed in his present reading choice. It was a book about his current favorite subject, the four founders of Hogwarts. Ever since sixth year, when Harry had learned about the four greatest witches and wizards in History of Magic, he had been almost obsessed. He was entranced with the many adventures of the four founders. It didn't matter to Harry that half of them weren't believed to be true. He craved any book that contained adventures of the four, especially Godric Gryffindor.

Harry's green eyes grew wider as he pushed his glasses up his nose and bent even lower to examine a piece of information he had never read before.

It is widely known that Salazar Slytherin left Hogwarts after the other three founders decided to admit muggle born wizard and witches. What is not more commonly known is the events that took place just before and after Slytherin left.

Slytherin and Gryffindor, who were best friends through most of their lives, had a falling out about a year before Slytherin left. After this, Slytherin took the path to dark wizardry. By the time he decided to leave, he was unrecognizable by anyone who knew him. He vowed revenge on the other three founders.

Three years after Slytherin left, he returned altered by dark magic. The other three founders knew of only one way to stop Slytherin. They entered the sacred Dueling Circle. No one really knows what went on in the three days the founders were within the circle. At the end of the three days only Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff exited. They never spoke of what happened in the Circle.

Harry looked up from his book and became lost in his thoughts. He had read about the Dueling Circle. The only people allowed inside where those deemed worthy by the Goddess. The Goddess was a magical being of no real name. She alone chose who was worthy to yield magic. For thousands of years she descended to earth as a human and lived a normal human life. Somewhere in history the cycle stopped. She no longer returned to earth.

Harry signed. No one really believed the Goddess ever existed. Harry probably thought it was untrue as well, but something inside him stirred every time he thought of her.

Harry became even more lost in his thoughts of the four founders and their mysterious lives. Harry was also engrossed in his thoughts that he was totally oblivious to his surroundings. That included his best friend, Ron Weasley, who had been trying to get his attention for several minutes.

Harry was suddenly taken out of his deep thoughts when something hit the side of his head. Harry looked down in his lap and picked up the chocolate frog that had hit him. His eyes traveled from the frog in his lap to the red haired boy who stood in front of him.

"Harry, have you heard a word I've said? I've been trying to get your attention for five minutes."

"I'm sorry, Ron," said Harry messaging his head where the frog had hit him, "I guess I just got lost in my reading again."

"Hmm," said Ron lifting up the book in Harry's lap to read the title. "Adventures of the Hogwarts Four That No One Really Believes. Not those blasted Hogwarts founders again. I mean I admire them as much as the next guy. Well, except for Slytherin. What a nut case."

"You know earlier in his life, Slytherin did a lot of good things too. One time he actually…"

"What I'm trying to say," said Ron cutting Harry off, "Is you are becoming worse than Hermione, with your nose in a book all the time. I don't know the last…"

Ron stopped as Harry suddenly jumped out of his chair looking very pale.

"What did you say, Ron?"

"I said you are getting to be worse than Hermione."

Harry looked down at his watch and groaned.

"I was supposed to meet Hermione thirty minutes ago to practice for the dueling tournament. She already thinks I am not taking it seriously enough. She's going to kill me."

Ron smiled mischievously and replied, "Oh, I'm sure you can think of someway to convince her to let you live."

Harry blushed a little. He didn't really have time to defend his friendship only status with Hermione to Ron. Harry tucked his book under his arm and ran out of the common room hoping she would still be in their meeting place.

Harry ran out the door and across the grounds toward the lake where he hoped she would still be. Harry came to a stop once he spotted Hermione. She was sitting under a large tree next to the lake. She had shed her robe and taken of her shoes and stockings, as the evening was warm. Harry smile as he watched her tuck a piece of her wild, bushy, brown hair behind her ear as she turned a page in the big book she was holding in her lap. Harry didn't want to spoil her peaceful moment with his late entrance, but decided it was best to not let her think he had forgotten her all together.

Harry walked up to Hermione, who was so engrossed in her own reading that she didn't seem to notice his presence.

"Hello, Hermione."

Hermione looked up from her reading with a small smile oh her face. She quickly got rid of it and replaced it with a scowl.

"Harry Potter, do you have any idea of how late you are? You promised to meet me here forty minutes ago. Where have you been all this time?"

Harry went to say something, but Hermione spotted his book.

"Reading about the founders' adventures again I see. Harry, haven't you had enough adventures of your own to satisfy you?"

It was true Harry's life had never been boring, but he enjoyed the adventures he read about in books much more than the ones he undertook in real life. The adventures in books were different. They couldn't cost him or his best friends their life.

"I'm sorry, Hermione. I lost track of time. I did want to practice with you. Please don't be mad. I'll make it up to you, I promise," said Harry giving what he hoped was his most charming smile.

Hermione's stern expression faded immediately to be replaced with a sweet smile.

"Oh, what am I going to do with you, Harry?"

Harry's mind instantly filled with enjoyable answers tot this question, but he quickly squashed them. He had these thoughts frequently lately. He wondered where they came from.

"What are you reading, Hermione?" asked Harry sitting besides her.

"Oh, its just a book of dueling charms. I thought they might come in handy for the tournament."

Harry and Hermione had been partnered up in the annual dueling tournament for seventh years.

"I was hoping we could have practiced some of these tonight, but its almost dinner now. I guess they can wait for later."

Harry felt guilty. She had obviously been putting more effort in this than he had.

"Well tomorrow is Saturday and at exactly 9 o'clock I plan to go to the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom and practice all mourning. Care to join me?"

"I'll go to your room and drag you out of bed if I have to, Potter," said Hermione with a sly smile.

Harry had some more interesting thoughts that he quickly got rid of.

"Now, now, Miss Granger, how would it look if the head girl was caught in the head boy's dorm room that early in the morning?"

"Well that's the beauty of it. We're head boy and girl. Who's going to catch us?"

Harry smiled if possible even more brightly at her.

"I guess I have no choice then. Come on, its time for dinner," said Harry getting up.

"All right. I suppose we can plan out our practice later then."

"Will you let me escort you to the castle to make up for my inexcusable lateness?" asked Harry bowing and extending his free arm to Hermione.

"How about you carry my book for me instead," answered Hermione plopping her heavy book onto Harry's arm.

Harry stumbled slightly as he juggled the two books he held.

"You know Hermione, sometimes you are a difficult woman to please. Most women would love to have a dashing young man escort them to dinner."

"Most women aren't me, " said Hermione as she started towards the castle.

'There's no doubt about that,' thought Harry as he walked after her.

****************************************************************

Far away from Hogwart's grounds, in a place and time few knew existed, a man and his servant watched the two happy friends make their way to the castle through a special potion.

"There's no doubt about the boy. I've known that for years, but is she really the right girl? I hope you have collected the right information, Wormtail. If she is not the right one it will ruin the plan"

"What is the plan, Master?"

"You need not know my plans. You need only to do what I ask of you. Now, I have a little job that you should be able to do quite nicely."

**************************************************************

Harry and Hermione walked into the great hall and took their usual place at dinner in front of Ron.

"I see you're still in one piece, Harry. I can't believe you actually forgo