Unofficial Portkey Archive

Destined For Completion by LadyGinevraMalfoy
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Destined For Completion

LadyGinevraMalfoy

A/N: This story was first posted under the title "An Ordinary Beginning To An Extraordinary Destiny". I re-wrote and edited the piece, and hopefully I have corrected any and all problems. This is my first fanfic, and I would really appreciate reviews. Please try to make any criticism, constructive, that's what I do for others. I've tried to make the story correspond with the MAJOR points in the books. Please keep in mind that any events that blatantly stray will eventually be explained. Oh, I could also use a beta…although I am not quite sure what one is, so if anyone is interested, or could at least explain to me what one is, I would really appreciate the help! Thanks! Amy

Disclaimer: I own nothing except this story's plot. J.K. Rowling and her infinite perfection and creativity deserve all the credit, without her, there would be no world for me to play in. I grovel at her genius, I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy!

Spoilers: All Five Books at some point.

Chapter One: There's Nothing About Ginny.

Ginevra Morgaine Weasley was as ordinary and mundane a witch as could be found in the wizarding world. Yes, Morgaine, not Molly like most people believed. After seeing the middle initial `M.', people assumed that her parents named her after her mum, Molly. Curiously, no one in her family ever attempted to correct this incorrect assumption. She was the youngest of seven Weasley children, so she was certain that the birth of yet another Weasley was of no great or special importance. The one novelty she supposed was that she was the only girl born to the family in as many generations as anyone could remember. She supposed that was why she was given such a strong, mythical name. Ginevra was the name from whence Guenivere, the legendary King Arthur's queen's name was derived. Morgaine was the name of the Arthur's sister, the one time High Priestess and keeper of the legendary land of Avalon. Name and gender; Ginny Weasley knew that was all that made her special.

She sat on her bed in the quaint, simple room and pondered these thoughts as she had done hundreds of times before. One would think that the fact that she has her own room, though it was not much larger than a pantry, would count as special. Ginevra knew better. This was more common sense than uniqueness. It would simply not be proper for her to share a room with her brothers. Truth be told, it had often served as more a hindrance that a blessing. There had been countless times when she and her brother Ron, the two being the youngest, had been sent to their rooms so the family could discuss matters they felt were not suitable for such young ears. While Ron had roommates that would happily fill him in on the missed conversation, Ginny had only her four walls staring back at her.

She got up from her tattered blue and yellow quilt and walked over to her weathered and worn white dresser. It had at one time belonged to her eldest brother Bill. Actually, Bill owned it, then Charlie, then Percy, and come to think of it, Bill probably wasn't the first owner. Nonetheless, when her parents presented it to her on her eighth birthday she was thrilled. Her father had refinished it, and the dresser could almost pass as new. After four years of wear and tear, though, it was beginning to show its true age.

"Oh, well, just the joy of being the youngest," she sighed.

Ginny, no one ever called her Ginevra, was used to this, being the youngest and all. Though she was the only girl, the Weasleys had many friends who were more than willing to provide hand-me-downs. Since the family was on a tight budget, when "new" clothes were the only option, Mrs. Weasley would find suitable wears in one of the second-hand shops in Diagon Alley. Yes, second-hand rose, that was Ginny Weasley. Actually, more like second-hand dandelion. She glanced up to the mirror over her dresser to look at herself.

"Ugh!" She huffed. "I'm a twelve year old woman. You'd think I'd at least begin to look a little special! Thank Merlin for my long hair; otherwise people would refer to me as Jimmy Weasley rather than Ginny! But, what did I expect? I've always been ordinary, and I always will be."

She was a petite girl with curly shoulder- length hair in the trademark hue of Weasley red.

"Well, at least its not blazing red-orange like my brothers," she murmured in a defeated tone while plopping herself backwards on her bed.

True, her hair was more of a dark auburn color, much like her grandmother's had been before turning white. She did, however, have the pale, almost white Weasley complexion sprinkled with freckles. She had not yet begun to develop, and her figure was non- existent. She did have the most spectacular eyes, though she failed to notice them. They were dark brown, almost black, actually. When she was happy or excited they twinkled. And when she was angry or feeling mischievous they flashed. The times she smiled, that is truly smiled, those eyes lit up brightly, and captured the room.

But lying on her bed in her tiny room, on her hand more down quilt, Ginevra had little to smile about. In about a week she would be returning for her second year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Yes, she enjoyed school, but even Hogwarts, the most wonderful and safest place in the entire wizarding world held its own problems for Ginny. Afterall, she did have six older brothers who attended before her, leaving quite a legacy to live up to.

First, there was Bill. He had been Head Boy, and one of Hogwarts' most popular alumni, with both the students and professors at the school. He was now a curse breaker for Gringot's Wizard Bank working in Egypt on ancient tombs. He was highly regarded, for the bank was run by goblins, which were known to be very clever, and did not trust wizards very much. Yet he was one of the best employees they had. Then there was Charlie, though he was not Head Boy, he was a Prefect. After graduation, he went to Romania to work with dragons, some of the most dangerous and awesome beasts on earth. It took a special type of wizard to work with these creatures, and much like Bill, Charlie was one of the best in his chosen profession. Oh, and let's not forget that this was a big turn on to the ladies! Ginny couldn't count the times she'd heard silly witches giggle about what a turn on her two older brothers were!

Next was Percy, the perfect child. Yes, he was stuffy and pretentious, and could easily be mistaken for a man in his fifties by his demeanor, but there was little doubt he'd go far in life. He'd most likely end up working for the Ministry of Magic, and then marry his equally stuffy girlfriend Penelope Clearwater. They would have a respectable number of children, all a result of straightforward, boring missionary sex. `Oh my gosh, did I just think that!!!!!!Mental picture! I'm scarred for life! This is PERCY!' Ginny grimaced at the idea.Unlike their father, Percy was ambitious. Ginny had little doubt that he would one day be the undersecretary to some high ranking Ministry Official.

Fred and George arrived next on the list. They were her identical twin brothers. That alone made them unique, but never ones to settle for the minimum or to be just like the other boys; they had a level of greatness all their own. Neither were prefects, and no one would accuse them of being model students. They were not dumb; no, they used their intelligence to pursue different ventures. They were the masters of mayhem; the official school clowns and pranksters. If they had spent half the time on scholastics as they did developing magical pranks and goofing off, they would make Percy look like a dunce. She would not be surprised at all if one day they opened their own joke shop and put Zonko's out of business.

Finally, there was her brother Ron. He was the youngest boy, and one year older than Ginny. Because of this, they were always close. Ron's best friend was The-Boy-Who-Lived himself, Harry Potter. Harry was the boy, who, at the tender age of one, survived an attack by the most powerful Dark Wizard ever known, Voldemort. Voldemort, whose name struck fear into the hearts of wizards everywhere had his reign of terror on the wizarding world ended when he tried to kill young Harry. No one really knows how it happened, but that attack stripped he-who-must -not-be-named of his power and body. Thus, Harry was the most famous and admired wizard in the world. Ron's claim to fame was not just his friend Harry, though. Plain and simple, Ron was brave. In his first two years at Hogwarts he had not only been into the Dark Forest, and area off limits to students due to the danger it contained, twice, but he'd helped Harry thwart two of the plans the Dark Lord had to rise back to power. Simply said, Ginny Weasley had a lot to live up to.

Voldemort. The name struck fear into the hearts of all in the wizarding world, He was yet another reason Ginny did not smile much. She knew first-hand just how evil and powerful he was. Ginny had been him. Well, rather a form of him. During her first year he possessed her and made her do terrible things.

It started simple enough. Upon arriving at school, Ginny discovered a diary amongst her books. When she began writing in it she quickly realized that it was magical. It actually talked back to her! Thinking her parents knew she'd be lonely, she figured this new friend was a gift from them. She'd tell the diary everything, from silly happenings, to her crush on Harry Potter, to how lonely she felt. The diary, which called itself Tom Riddle, was only too happy to listen and commiserate. She was so happy; she finally had a friend all her own. She did not realize that as the year went on, there would be periods of time in which she would have no recollection of her actions. Whilst this was occurring, students were being attacked by the "Heir if Slytherin" who, by opening the Chamber of Secrets, was trying to rid the school of witches and wizards who were muggle born.

It was not until she woke up in the Chamber, with Harry by her side after he defeated a basilisk, that she learned that Tom Riddle was the teenage Voldemort. He had used the diary to possess her and open the Chamber.

Although it had not really been her that opened the Chamber and attacked her fellow students, she still felt awful. Her one real friend had used and betrayed her. It was of little comfort to know that she had been used by one of Voldemort's biggest supporters, Lucius Malfoy, in an attempt to bring the Dark Lord back to power. Though few knew of her involvement, and despite the fact it was not her fault, she still felt very guilty about the whole event.

All in all, between the shadows of her brother's success and the guilt over the Chamber, she was NOT looking forward to returning to Hogwarts

A/N: First of all, I KNOW that Ginny's real middle name really is Molly. I believe that I neatly explained that difference in the story. Stick with the story, and you will learn why I gave her this name. The name Morgaine is from Mists of Avalon, and as for the origination of Ginevra, I believe I read on mugglenet.com that this was her given name. I know we all know most of the info in this story so far, but I am attempting to show how ordinary Ginny feels…as the story progresses, you will see the importance of this method. I warn that the next Chapter, which is already written, is much the same, though I am concentrating on Draco. Please stick with me, and I PROMISE, ch.3 will begin the interesting part on the plot. Yes, this IS a Draco/Ginny story, and it will get racy at some point, think of it like this…all good things are worth the wait…Ginny isn't a quick wham bam, and neither is this story. Please review, can't wait to hear some unbiased comments, as I feel my husband's opinions don't really count!!!!!


-->