Unofficial Portkey Archive

My Confession by Green_Eye_Sparkle16
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

My Confession

Green_Eye_Sparkle16

DISCLAIMER: Everything Harry Potter belongs to J.K. ROWLING! (I'm so jealous).

DISCLAIMER2: The song, `My Confession' belongs to Josh Groban and the record label he is with.

A/N: Here's another Josh Groban song-based story. I've got that man on my mind. He provides me with wonderful material! I might end up doing a lot of my stories based on his songs. I know that in the future that I will be writing a story to his song "Per Te" (For You). For those of you who know it, you know it's beautiful.

I'm not too impressed with the finished product though, this story...I just had stuff running through my head and threw this together! Hope you like it anyway! If you find something wrong with it, don't hesitate to tell me. Reviews would be greatly appreciated. Good or bad, I'm taking them both on this story!

My Confession

With only the firelight to read by, Harry sat silently in the Gryffindor common room

pouring over notes that Hermione had given him. NEWT's were only a week away.

Harry had been studying diligently for the past four hours. Ron had already gone up

to bed, claiming that he studied better in his dreams, and that if he studied

consciously he was likely to be distracted. Sure. Harry thought. Ron's studying in his

dreams alright...not homework though. During the summer before their sixth year,

Ron had become very interested in Luna Lovegood. Harry remembered getting a

letter from Ron, saying that Luna had come to visit Ginny for a week during the summer, and that she'd kissed him one night after dinner. Ron then mentioned in his

letter that "She's DEFINITELY not Loony Lovegood anymore." Harry remembered laughing.

He mused on a sight he'd seen earlier that day. Ron and Luna were down by the lake, just talking, laughing, holding hands. They both were very happy to be with each other. Harry liked seeing Ron happy, mainly because he'd found someone who sincerely...loved him? Did Luna love Ron? Did Ron love Luna? Harry didn't know. It certainly seemed that way. In any case, Harry was happy for the both of them.

Harry thought about it for a moment. It must be nice, love. Harry wondered what it would be like to be in love. Cho, the one girl he'd ever "dated" never entered his

mind. Instead, he thought about...Hermione.

Hermione. Harry thought. It's Hermione.

Anyone at Hogwarts could tell you that Hermione had always been a tad on the

annoying side, but that wasn't her fault. It wasn't her fault that she knew everything,

or that she wanted to excel. It wasn't her fault that she was always right - although,

that part was annoying on occasion. However, those annoying know-it-all moments

had saved Harry's life more than once. It wasn't Hermione's fault that she cared so

much.

Hermione cared so much. Now that Harry thought about it, he was lucky to even know Hermione.

Forgetting all about studying, Harry began to think about the events that had taken place in the past 6 years; he stared death in the face countless numbers of times, and prevailed over each encounter. Through all his tribulations though, he'd always had someone by his side. Hermione. True, Ron had been Harry's best friend, but Hermione had always been the most loyal to him. She had never left his side. She was always with him, and for that he loved her. It wasn't just that he loved her, there were so many things that he loved about her.

Hermione was a beautiful young woman - definitely not the bushy haired girl he'd met so many years ago. He loved the way she smiled at him for no apparent reason. He loved the sound of her voice, and her ever-consoling words. He loved the way she twirled her hair during an exam...she made the test look so easy when she did that. Harry loved the way Hermione made him feel. Yes, at times she made him feel a bit stupid, but who didn't around Hermione? The way she made him feel was something that he'd never experienced before. It was something about her, it was everything about her that made him feel loved.

Harry kept his mind on Hermione, letting the thoughts of her put him to sleep. He couldn't believe he hadn't realized it the moment he'd met her, just how wonderful she really was.

I have been blind, unwilling
To see the true love you're giving
I have ignored every blessing
I'm on my knees confessing

The next morning, Harry awoke, still on the sofa in the common room. When did I fall asleep? He thought. He moved around and noticed that he was covered with a soft wool blanket. Who...

"Morning Harry." said a sweet voice in his ear.

Harry's eyes shot open, wide to see Hermione leaning over him. He leapt off the sofa at lightning speed.

Hermione laughed. "Sorry I scared you."

Harry blinked, trying to wake up, and rubbed his eyes. "Hermione, what are you doing up? It's like..." Harry turned to look at the clock. "It's 3 o'clock in the morning."

Hermione laughed again, and sat down on her knees. "I was up...just to check on you."

"Oh." Harry said calmly, sitting back down. "Why?"

"Well, you were asleep on the sofa when I walked in last night." Hermione said. "I thought something might've been wrong."

Harry looked at Hermione's eyes. Those were her worried eyes.

"Hermione," Harry said taking her hand in his seriously. "I'm fine. I was just studying that's all."

"Oh. I just...I didn't see any of your notes...and I..." Hermione stammered.

"Dobby must have picked them up." Harry said.

Hermione continued to talk fast-paced.

"...and I just...you've been having more dreams about the battle a few months ago..."

"Hermione."

"...and I, I just want you to know that..."

"Hermione."

"I want you to know that I'm here for you Harry, I am. I - "

"Hermione!"

Hermione stopped talking and looked up at Harry. "What?" she asked.

Harry looked into her anxious, tear-filled eyes. Oh, how those eyes made him melt.

That I feel myself surrender
Each time I see your face
I am staggered by your beauty
Your unassuming grace
And I feel my heart is turning
Falling into place
I can't hide
Now hear my confession

Harry took both of her trembling hands in his. "Hermione, I'm fine." He assured her.

This was a complete lie of course. Though it wasn't the reason for his being up so late last night, Harry had been having difficulty sleeping. He'd killed someone. Someone evil it was true, but he'd killed nonetheless. It was a horrible feeling that Harry had been trying to get rid of since it had happened. The night he killed Voldemort, was the day he let his anger take complete control over him, such control that Harry hadn't even felt like himself that night. He was bitter and nasty to anyone who talked to him. He secluded himself for days, hiding in various parts of the castle. He let himself slip into a deadened consciousness, making him feel like an empty shell. It had been Hermione who brought him back. Somehow...she had made him feel alive again.

Hermione didn't look convinced at all that Harry was okay.

"Harry, I - " Hermione began, shaking her head at him.

Harry pulled her up so that she was sitting on the sofa next to him. "Really Hermione...I'm fine. You don't have to worry so much anymore."

"Yes I do." Hermione said, looking him back in the eyes, and then down at their conjoined hands. "I do Harry, I just...I want everything to be okay for you now."

Harry pulled Hermione into deep hug and held her to him. Hermione cared SO much...she cared about him.


I have been wrong about you
I thought I was strong without you

For so long

Nothing could move me

For so long

Nothing could change me

Harry felt Hermione let herself go in his arms and cried on his shoulder. "Hermione," Harry said, reluctantly pulling away from her. "Thank you."

Hermione wiped her eyes and looked at Harry, quite confused. "For what?"

"For being you." Harry said softly. "I've never told you that before. You're just so..." Harry paused, and just stared into her sweet, brown eyes.

Now I feel myself surrender
Each time I see your face
I am captured by your beauty
Your unassuming grace
And I feel my heart is turning
Falling into place
I can't hide it

Now hear my confession

"What am I Harry?" Hermione asked. "I'm nothing...I'm just..."

Harry let go of Hermione's hands and put his on her face, bringing it closer to his. "You're amazing Hermione." Harry said. "You're incredible. You're loving. You're caring. You're smart, funny, brave. You're..."

Harry couldn't say anymore. He felt a large lump form in his throat. He tried to swallow, but he couldn't. He just stared into Hermione's lovely eyes.

"Harry - " Hermione began. But before she could get another word out, Harry pressed his lips to hers, and kissed her softly, catching Hermione completely off guard. He let his hands glide across her cheeks and slip into her hair. I'm kissing Hermione. Harry thought.

You are the air that I breathe
You're the ground beneath my feet
When did I stop believing

Harry hadn't planned on kissing her. It just felt like the natural thing to do. It felt right. It was a tender kiss, soft and slow, backed up with every ounce of love Harry felt for Hermione.


'Cause I feel myself surrender
Each time I see your face
I am staggered by your beauty
Your unassuming grace
And I feel my heart is falling into place
I can't hide
Now hear my confession
I can't hide
Now hear my confession
Hear my confession

Harry broke the kiss, slowly, gently, and backed away from her to look into her eyes once more. And before Hermione could even open her mouth, Harry pressed a finger to her lips. "You Hermione, are my everything." Harry whispered.

Harry could see that Hermione's eyes were glazed with tears. "You...you're the one person Hermione." Harry said. "You're the one person who has never left my side. You've been with me through everything, risked your life for me even, and I love you for that."

"You...you do?" Hermione asked.

"Yes." Harry said. "I love you so much. I just hope you love me the same way."

Harry let his head fall slightly before Hermione took his face in her hands and brought his eyes level to hers. "I always have Harry." she said. "Always."

Harry kissed her again, and pulled her closer to him. He felt Hermione melt into his arms. It's not this easy is it, love? Harry thought as he kissed Hermione.

As they broke apart, nearly a whole minute later. Hermione settled herself in Harry's arms as he wrapped the nearby blanket around them. Just as they had gotten comfortable in front of the still-burning embers in the fireplace, someone had crept downstairs.

"It's about BLOODY TIME!" a familiar voice said aloud.

Harry and Hermione wheeled around on the sofa to see Ron standing in his pajamas, holding the notes that Harry had dropped over the edge of the sofa.

"Ron!" Harry and Hermione said together.

"Studying..." Ron muttered. "Studying my arse!"

"Ron," Harry said. "Ron, we...we were just..."

"Snogging." Ron chortled. "Yeah, I saw that."

"Ron," Hermione began. "We...wait a minute, what do you mean, `It's about bloody time'?"

Ron came `round the sofa and sat in an armchair, and looked at his best friends.

He laughed.

"I've been wondering when you both would realize that you're in love with each other...well not realize, confess actually."

Harry and Hermione looked at Ron, and then at each other. Then they watched as Ron stood up and handed Harry the notes that he had dropped. "Here you go." he said. "Have fun umm...studying." He walked away shaking his head and laughing. "It's about bloody time." Harry and Hermione heard Ron mutter.

Harry and Hermione looked at each other. "Well that was..." Hermione started.

"So Ron." Harry finished, laughing. Hermione smiled at him, making Harry's heart melt. He brushed his hand along her cheek, "I love you." he said.

Hermione gave him another breathtaking smile. "I love you too." she whispered.

Harry slowly brought her face to his. "I like studying now." he said. Hermione laughed lightly, and then Harry kissed her. He was in love, and it felt wonderful.

A/N: Thanks for reading. BTW...I am aware that parts of this story uploaded weird...I'm still trying to fix them...and failing! :( Sorry....I'll keep trying.


-->