Unofficial Portkey Archive

Complete by Ella Marie
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Complete

Ella Marie

Disclaimer: All of it belongs to the goddess we all adore, J.K. Rowling. No money is being made. It's just to appease the plot bunnies.

Summary: These days, Harry's mind is filled with thoughts much more pleasant than war.

Author's Note: Thanks again to Ben (bentheslayer), for everything. Not only is he a brilliant beta and writer, he a wonderful friend who never fails to soothe my worries and encourage me. I truly cannot thank you enough, love.

I hope you all enjoy this. It's a rather short one-shot in Harry's POV that I wrote a few days ago. If you have anything to comment on, good or bad, don't hesitate to leave me a review or send me an email. I'm always eager to hear from people who've read something of mine. Thank you.

Complete

I'm watching you silently, but I'm certain you can feel my gaze upon your sweet face. You say you're plain, not at all pretty. You say the freckles peppered over your nose are awful, and your brown eyes dull. Your hair is a mess, you say, far too curly and coarse. But I can't help disagreeing.

I told you once, long ago, that those freckles were kisses from an angel, before begging you not to tell Ron how I was being so sentimental. Your eyes are anything but dull. They dance and they shine, never failing to hold me captivated. And your hair, far from coarse, is soft as silk when I run my fingers through it, savouring the soft feeling of each curl.

You're beautiful, but your complaints don't stop there.

You insist your lips are too thin, but when they touch mine or curl into a smile, I melt. Your hands are rough and ink-stained, according to you, but again, I must disagree. For when your slender fingers are laced with my own, they make me feel complete, telling me, without words, that you're there, as you always have been, ready to face whatever I may encounter with me, by my side.

I never knew you thought about such things. You never seemed to care. You say you want to look and be your best for me. But don't you know, you already do? You already are?

As I expected, you sense my stare, and though you do not look at me, you take my hand. I feel complete.

A smile teases the corners of my mouth at your gentle touch. I watch you lift a glass of water to your pink lips, as you pause in your conversation with Luna and Ginny.

When did I become so unbelievably lucky? For years it seemed as if the world was against me, and then… then you turned that world upside down with a simple kiss. Thinking of that kiss even now, ten years later, sends a warm shiver down my spine. That was the first moment I ever felt truly happy. At seventeen years of age, I had never before felt love like that, but you were there to show me what love is. You were always there, but I didn't realise it until that magical moment.

And each time you tell me you love me, it feels like the first time. But now, you don't even have to speak the words. I just look into those brown eyes that glow, silently telling me all I need to know.

What I did to deserve you is something I simply cannot comprehend. I don't think of myself as a hero or anything so great, but when people say that I am, you tell them, "No, he's mine."

Do you know how good that feels, to hear you say I'm yours? You're my heroine, my anchor, my protector. You help me, guide me, support me. You're my best friend, my lover, my wife. You stand beside me, listen to me, love me. What more can I ask for? You complete me.

You're everything I've always wanted, and so much more. I don't know what I would do without you. You're my world, my life. I'm always surprised to find that with each passing day, I love you more than the one before.

I look down at the little one nestled in my arms, and my eyes water. You gave me my son, so tiny and perfect, with messy black hair and deep, shining brown eyes. I can already tell he's just like you, quiet and thoughtful. And as he wakes from his sleep with a cry of hunger, I realise he's bossy, too.

You react instantly, stopping mid-sentence and turning to us, your boys. I let go of your hand almost reluctantly to carefully place our small child in your arms. As you murmur softly to our little Evan, I reach into his bag for a blanket that I gingerly place over your swollen breast and shoulder, to give you and our son privacy in the midst of our second family.

Looking up at me, you smile and melt my heart. I kiss your forehead lovingly. Catching my eye, yours tell me you love me, and I return the silent vow before you go back to your discussion with your best friends.

I continue to watch you, oblivious to the dinner party in the Burrow's garden. The noise doesn't effect me, really, it's only a distant hum of happiness.

I raise a goblet of wine to my mouth and drink. Gazing at you, I breathe a sigh of happiness and peace, of love and completion. I never knew joy like this existed before you. You gave me the world, and I will spend the rest of my life making myself worthy of it… of you.


-->