Unofficial Portkey Archive

Spoken by AquamarineCrystal
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Spoken

AquamarineCrystal

A/N: Well, here's my second H/Hr one-shot here on Portkey. Hope you like it! FYI, the reason why the little bits before and after the journal entry sort of sees awkward is because they were added into it so I could post this story here. (Read the Author's Note at the end for more info.)

Enjoy!

~*~

Seventh year Head Girl Hermione Granger sat on her window seat in her own private dormitory writing in a little sapphire blue leather bound book. Holding up her quill with a thoughtful look on her face, words suddenly rushed into her mind, practically forcing themselves out of her hand and into her quill where they were being furiously, but some how still delicately, written.

~~~~****~~~~

The word love is such an odd word. It's so blunt, yet so intricate. You'd think this four-letter word would be so simple, when really it's very complex. It almost sounds rough at first, but then once you explore the different letters of it, you'll see how delicate it really is.

What is love, really? It must be more than a word; it must be more than the expression you hear tossed around so easily and without a care: "I Love You." It must have folds in it that are hidden in different layers of emotions. It can't be all flat with sharp edges and no curves, right?

Does it wrap around you and intoxicate you until you can't breathe? Does it start to suffocate you until it leaves your breathless? Do you feel it creep into you and plant itself on some part of your body so that it can't be removed? Or does it just hang there so loosely that anyone could come by and tear it away from you?

Does it get you all excited, so that the only thing you can think about is it itself? Is it that kind of excitement that you get when you suddenly hear your favorite song being played on the radio? Or is it that kind you get when you know an event is coming up that you just can't wait for, but know that it's always gently creeping up on you? Is it like that feeling you get when suddenly, everything feels right in the world?

Is it dangerous? Can is suck all of the life out of you leaving you without a soul? Can it harm you like a murderer would? Or would it make you suffer forever more?

Can you see through it? Can you tell when it's going to be beautiful or when it's going to turn dreadfully bad? Do you know ahead of time what it's going to do?

Does it die? Or does it possess immortality so that it can always keep on going on and on and on and on and on…..

Does it always know what its doing? Does it always contain sanity?

Is it pure? Is it so fresh and real that you can taste drops of it on your tongue when you breathe in its scent?

Does it have a way of captivating you when you think everything's wrong in the world? Does it pull you in and try to save you from your nightmares?

Is it haunting? Does it always linger in the air around you?

Do you know for sure when you feel that it's captured your heart? Do you know that that feeling you get whenever you see him is really that word you're so afraid to think about it because of the fact that it could ruin everything you've ever had….

I would not know. I have never been loved in that way before.

But I do love someone.

Oh Harry can you love me back?

~~~~****~~~~

Hermione placed her quill down on her lap. Turning her eyes away from her diary, she stared out of the window into the beautiful starry night.

Right before her eyes, a shooting star shot through the sky. At first she through it was her imagination, but then she realized that it was real. She closed her eyes and made a wish, just like the stories she heard when she was little told her to do.

`I wish that Harry Potter could love me with all his heart.' Hermione silently pleaded. `I wish that he could love me just like I do.'

Little did she know, in the next room over, the person she loved in question was wishing the exact same thing, only this time, he was wishing she would be the one to love him.

The End

~*~

A/N: Second story done! I actually wrote this for myself a couple of months ago, only it obviously wasn't Harry Potter I was wishing would love me. Like I always say, on Fanfiction, and now Portkey, reviews are appreciated along with viewing my other stories! Please and thank you!

~AquamarineCrystal:)


-->