Unofficial Portkey Archive

September by Green_Eye_Sparkle16
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

September

Green_Eye_Sparkle16

A/N: I've been out of writing for awhile. This is my first attempt at a one-shot in awhile! It's just fluff...no real plot!

Hope you like!

Reviews would be nice.

------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the 2nd day of September. Everyone was thrilled to be back at Hogwarts. People had settled in, and the first day of school was complete.

From the castle windows, out in the distance, two people could be seen walking along the lake. A young man, and a young woman.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Deep oranges, pouty pinks, and lush yellow hues were dancing behind the rolling hills that surrounded the lake. The water was glass-like, reflecting the radiant colors of the sunset in it's ripples. The wind was wisping through the grass, making it sway in rhythmic patterns. The elderly trees lining the lake's edge let their seasoned leaves fall gracefully, showering the ground with rusty colors to match the sunset.

If ever there were a sight more beautiful, it was the look in her eyes. The golden rays that were escaping over the hilltops were illuminating her face, her cheeks, her lips...those eyes. Merlin, she was breathtaking. He'd never wanted anything more, than to stand there and watch her look out on the sunset.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" she sighed.

"Yes, it's gorgeous," he whispered, not taking his eyes off of her.

She must have noticed, because her cheeks suddenly matched the pink in the sky. She grinned and turned to him, her eyes fixed on his.

He suddenly felt as if his legs would no longer support him. Her eyes...those deep pools of dark brown, tinted with gleaming strands of gold...they made him want to melt.

Slowly, she moved closer to him, her eyes still on his.

He didn't blink, he didn't breathe...he couldn't breathe. He just stared at her. When she was within inches of him, he reached out to her and took her in his arms.

She sighed as his strong arms enveloped her. With him, there was always a sense of safety, a sense of warmth, and love. She wrapped her arms around him, and rested her head against his chest, humming to the steady beat of his heart.

He rubbed her back with his hands, and pulled her closer to him. He brought a hand up to her face and caressed her cheek. She smiled as he kissed her forehead.

"Shall we dance?" he asked.

"We have no music."

"I'll take care of that," the young man replied. He pulled out his wand and conjured up a baby grand piano and it began to play. Soft, melodic notes came from the enchanted piano.

Smiling, the young man whisked his love across the grassy plains, twirling her, loving her.

"You're amazing," she said to him.

He smiled tenderly as he dipped her. "No," he said. "You are amazing." She blushed in his arms. "Come here," he said. He led her over to the lake and pointed his wand at the water. Silvery wisps shot out the end of it and part of the lake was turned to ice. "Would you like to dance on water?" he asked, holding out his hand to her.

She smiled and took it.

Within seconds, the couple was gliding across the ice, laughing.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Back on land, the two stood, wrapped in each other's arms. The ice had melted, and the piano had disappeared. The only sounds around them were the whistling winds, and the peaceful chirps of some crickets nearby.

"What are you thinking?" she whispered as she closed her eyes.

He rested his cheek against her head. "I'm thinking," he took a deep breath and pulled away to look at her. "I'm thinking that falling in love with you is the best thing that's ever happened to me."

She smiled back at him, her eyes touched with emotion as tears began to fill them. "I...I - ".

"Shh," he said, pressing a finger against her lips. She clearly couldn't find her words, which was rare. All she could do was smile. He felt her shiver in his arms. The air was cool and crisp on this autumn evening.

"You're cold," he said, pulling away from her and taking off his cloak.

"No, no, it's alright," she protested. But he wouldn't have it. He draped the cloak around her and took her by the hand. "Come here," he said, leading her to a spot beneath a tree. He sat down and helped her to the ground. She settled herself between his legs, leaning back against him, her head once again on his chest.

He wrapped his arms around her front, pulling both sides of the cloak together to make sure she was completely covered from the chilly wind. "Better?" he whispered in her ear.

She put her hands over his and smiled. "Much," she said.

They sat in silence, wrapped in each other's arms as the last bit of twilight faded from behind the hills. In an instant, the sun had fully set, and the sky was blanketed in darkness. The couple leaned farther back against the base of the tree (which was nearly robbed of all it's leaves by the September wind) and looked up at the blackened sky.

The moon had fully risen, and the stars were appearing at their own pace, forming the constellations one by one. Soon the sky was illuminated with glistening diamond-like stars.

Looking up at the stars, the young couple moved to lie on the grass. Still tight within each other's arms, they gazed up at the little wonders.

"I love you."

"And I love you."


-->