Unofficial Portkey Archive

Addicted by Phantom Keeper
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Addicted

Phantom Keeper

Addicted

< > < > < > < > < > < >

He's like a drug. Drawing her back repeatedly with his aristocratic beauty. Tempting her, teasing her. Luring her in for another fix. She knows he'll hurt her once more in the end. But she can't help it. She's addicted.

Songfic to Kelly Clarkson's Addicted.

I am in no way affiliated or gaining profit from any parties included in this fan fiction.

I.E. I don't know Kelly Clarkson, J.K. Rowling, and have no connections to them in any possible way.

< > < > < > < > < > < >

It's like you're a drug 
It's like you're a demon I can't face down 
It's like I'm stuck

It's like I'm running from you all the time

And I know I let you have all the power 

It's like the only company I seek is misery all around

She had no idea why she'd agreed to go to this stupid new club in Prague. She hated going to clubs. Her friends said going to clubs in foreign countries was dangerous, and gave you a rush. Then again, so were the Portkey's, but she kept her mouth shut, and went along for the ride begrudgingly. She usually ended up at the bar, wallowing in her misery, repeatedly ordering vodka martinis, and eating stale peanuts, which that in itself was a dangerous thing. Don't get her wrong. She loved her friends for trying to cheer her up. She knew they meant well. But Ginny Weasley had no one to blame but herself for being so depressed. She went back to him. He always hurt her in the end. But she couldn't help it. She was always drawn to him.

He watched her from across the club. His stormy grey eyes narrowing as he followed the wall towards the bar, eyes never leaving her back as he did so. He was drawn to her. Her blood colored wavy hair that cascaded down her back to the small of her back, her fiery aura, dark hazel eyes, which changed colors during different moods of hers, most of all, he was drawn to her mouth. It did such deliciously sinful things; it'd been so long since he'd experienced such things… with her at least. He'd tried seeking release in the arms of another woman, but nothing could quench his hunger like she could. He was afraid of becoming his father, so he pushed her away, time and time again when he was ready to confess how he truly felt for her. It was to protect her from his dark world. Draco Malfoy was in love… but no one could know that.

It's like you're a leech 
Sucking the life from me 
It's like I can't breathe 
Without you inside of me 
And I know I let you have all the power 

And I realize I'm never gonna quit you over time

She wore an interesting top, which he knew had been designed by her friend Gabby Delacour. It was a shimmery silvery white, like a unicorn's mane. The back was void of cloth, rows of flesh colored beads hanging from a silver chain. The sides dipped in like an hourglass, revealing the creamy flesh of her sides. A rainbow shaped arc removed the material from above her breasts; flashing cleavage to whomever she came face-to-face with. A circular cutout revealed her navel, a small chain in the center of it hung five different lengths of lines of beads, the same color as the ones hooking across her back. The inwardly arched sides slipped down to her hips, circling around to meet below the small of her back to hide beneath the hem of her skirt. Her skirt was a charcoal mini, barely covering her rear, tempting men to come closer and inspect how short it really was. It was loose and airy, and bounced with every move she made while dancing. He'd noticed that, and hadn't been the only one, when she'd first danced with Gabby, Lovegood, Pansy, and Granger when they arrived. Silver straps from her open heels crisscrossed their way from her knees to her ankles. Red hair stood out especially with the outfit, but in an attractive way. Ginny was a Goddess.

His gaze was fixed upon her. She could feel it. She knew it was his. Only he could pierce through her skin and straight into her soul when he looked at her. What was he doing here? In Prague of all places. He couldn't go to a club in England? That's why Gabby, Luna, Pansy, and Hermione thought taking her to another country would be a good idea. They wouldn't run into him. She turned in the uncomfortable stool, hazel looking into charcoal. He looked amazing, even in such casual clothes. Well, casual for him. Slacks surrounded his long lithe legs like a black encasement. A dark red business shirt had black pinstripes, which started at the folded collar, and ended at the pointed tails. Cufflinks discarded somewhere, wrist of his sleeves loose and open. Three buttons undone, wispy hairs of silver contrasting against the dark material of the shirt. The same silver hair framed his eyes as fringe fell into the darker silver hues. Thin, yet supple lips twisted up in that smirk as he made his way along the row of uncomfortable stools, heading right for her. Draco was amazing.

It's like I can't breathe 
It's like I can't see anything 
Nothing but you 
I'm addicted to you 
It's like I can't think 
Without you interrupting me 
In my thoughts, in my dreams 
You've taken over me 
It's like I'm not me 

It's like I'm not me

He knew that smirk of his excited and infuriated her at the same time. Exactly what he was aiming for. He wanted her to want him, but have her fiery attitude too. For that excited him. He came to a stop in front of her, wordlessly watching her, eyes taking in her expression of puzzlement. A pale hand lifted, back of fingers lightly brushing along her cheekbone, trailing along her jaw. He leant close as his fingers continued their decent. Fingers brushed her collarbone, lips parted. Lower through her cleavage, a breath inhaled. The back of his fingers felt the void of skin at her navel, and as his hand flattened against the bare expanse of skin, he spoke. "Dance with me." He breathed into her ear, hand sliding to curl around her hip. "One last time." He muttered before his left hand wound around her back to press against the small of it, gently pushing her off the stool. His hand around her hip added pressure with the heel, forcing her to turn around, her back pressed against his chest. "Don't be afraid." He said, a slight pleading in his voice as he led them out to the dance floor.

One moment her finger was trailing the rim of the near empty martini glass, the next his hands are on her, exciting her with the simplest of touches. She allowed him to lead her to the dance floor, already feeling light headed, heart racing, blood pumping. Gods, in his presence for less than three minutes and she was already ready to run back to him. The song playing was very reminiscent of their situation. Of her situation. Very reminiscent. She opened her eyes once they stopped, noticing they were in the middle of the dance floor, surrounded by throngs of people. Somewhere in them were her friends, but they couldn't help her now. She was already willing to give into Draco Malfoy, and they hadn't even begun dancing yet. They were just standing there, his arms around her waist loosely, so she didn't feel trapped, she knew. Her arms hanging limply at her side, head resting back against his left shoulder, eyes slowly closing once more as she enjoyed the feeling of being close to him once more.

It's like I'm lost 
It's like I'm giving up slowly 
It's like you're a ghost that's haunting me 
Leave me alone 
And I know these voices in my head are mine alone 
And I know I'll never change my ways 

If I don't give you up now

He looked down at her as her head lulled backward to rest on his shoulder, eyes closed. She looked angelic. But he knew she wasn't just an angel, she was his angel. He closed his own eyes as he began leading them into a sway, rocking back and forth slowly to the rock enthused song. His nose caught the scent of coconuts, one of his favorite scents, mainly because Ginny bathed in that scent. It was her shampoo, or maybe her body wash, or maybe her lotion. Either way, it was coconuts. He buried his nose into her soft tresses, inhaling the scent, arms winding tightly around her midriff as he did so. Pulling her closer, a small groan barely audible over the rumble of the music. "What do you do to me?" His voice asked, taking on some of the groan as he pressed against her back firmly, unsure if she heard him over the music. It was an odd song to play in the club, but perhaps Prague had a different way about their clubs than the ones in England.

Her hands lifted to wrap around his neck, as his nose buried deep into her hair, inhaling what she knew was the scent that drove him wild. Coconuts. It'd always been one of her favorites, but after Draco told her that she smelt amazing while wearing that particular scent of body lotion, it became her favorite. She'd heard his groan, heard his question, heard the uneven breaths he exhaled as she pressed back against him, buttocks pressing against him as her hips swayed along to their own seductive beat, but still following the bass of the song. Her fingers ran up into his hair, tugging lightly at the soft strands as she pulled her hand away, trying to figure out what exactly it was that drove her back into Draco's arms every time.

It's like I can't breathe 
It's like I can't see anything 
Nothing but you 
I'm addicted to you 
It's like I can't think 
Without you interrupting me 
In my thoughts, in my dreams 
You've taken over me 
It's like I'm not me 

It's like I'm not me

His right hand, which was curled around her left hip, traveled along her stomach to press against her side, the side of his thumb stroking the flesh of her hip, which was revealed from the arched sides. His body dipped to the left a bit as his arm stretched out to reach the silky skin of her thigh. Fingers slowly trailed up the sensitive flesh, never completely touching, tickling her with the whisper. Lips pressed to the column of her throat as his fingers reached the hem of her skirt, dragging the material up briefly as his hand made it way to it's destination: her hip. Both hands gripped, roughly turning her around, dragging her against his body. One arm tightened around her waist, trapping her against him, his other's hand traveled along her spine, beads from the chains creating an uneven journey to her neck. His hips rotated, grinding against her as the song's bass coursed through their bodies. His hand tangled in her hair as it splayed out against the curve of her skull, lips traveled along her jaw line to her ear, inquiring once more, "What do you do to me?"

She'd been surprised at the sudden movement. She'd been caught up in his teasing of her thigh. He loved doing that to torture her; it was a particularly sensitive spot for her. She'd recognized the song now, her lips moving in sync with the words, exhaled breaths taking shape of the lyrics she mouthed. She wrapped her long arms around his neck, elbows perched on his shoulders after a few moments, hands weaving into his hair, "I've been asking myself that same question." She breathed into his ear, before stepping away slowly. "I don't want you to hurt me again, Draco." Her eyes radiated sadness, voice thick with the same emotion.

I'm hooked on you 
I need a fix 
I can't take it 
Just one more hit 
I promise I can deal with it 
I'll handle it, quit it 
Just one more time, then that's it 

Just a little bit more to get me through this

He stepped closer, hands cupping her cheeks as his eyes looked into hers, past irises, and deep into her soul. "I'd never hurt you Ginny. I…" He stopped himself from adding two powerful words to that. "I could never live with myself if I knew I'd hurt you." He covered, snapping back into action when her head tilted into his left hand. He wished he could tell her how he truly felt about her, but he wouldn't let her worm her way into the blackness that surrounded the Malfoy name. She was much better without it. As much jealousy and pain he felt, he knew she should be with someone like Harry-fucking-Potter. Someone that could keep her safe and happy.

She'd seen the love radiated in his eyes. She knew the family he came from. They'd never been very comfortable with revealing emotions. Especially one so powerfully life altering as love. Her hands met his elbows, slowly traveling up his arms to where his strong, Quidditch roughed palms warmed her cheeks. Her hands wrapped around his before she slowly pulled away once more. She held his gaze for a few moments, before turning her back to him. She wasn't leaving him. She was leading him. Her hands pulled him with her through the crowds, towards the back exit.

I'm hooked on you 
I need a fix 
I can't take it 
Just one more hit 
I promise I can deal with it 
I'll handle it, quit it 
Just one more time, then that's it 

Just a little bit more to get me through this

Things between them had always been passionate. From sex to fighting, they always did it passionately. And tonight, those two elements of their relationship were intertwined. They Apparated into his apartment, both attacking the other immediately. Lips pressed together in hunger, hands pulling at fabric, undoing buttons. Feet kicked away shoes, hands pressed against bare flesh as they fought for dominance. Husky moans reverberating through the room as they explored the other's body with their hands, no territory uncharted.

He shoved her against a wall, hands forming around buttocks to lift her up, hands sliding down across thighs as she wrapped them around his waist. Her hands pulled roughly at his hair as they continued their never-ending bruising kiss, unsure on whether she wanted to cause him pain or if the want and lust that had been building up for weeks since their last departure was finally exploding. His left hand went to the waist of his boxers, shoving them down to free his aching member as his lips left hers to suction on that spot of her neck as he rocked his hips forward, entering her in one smooth movement. Her breathy moan caused him to groan himself, stilling for a moment to revel in the feeling of being surrounded by Ginny. Her arms around his neck, her legs around his waist, he was completely surrounded by her. His arms surrounded her waist as he pulled away from the wall, turning to walk them towards the bed. Once they crashed down on to the cerulean sheets, Draco kissed Ginny's lips softly before his hips started moving.

It's like I can't breathe 
It's like I can't see anything 
Nothing but you 
I'm addicted to you 

It was one of their most passionate nights, lasting into the early morning hours. Eventually both were spent, and Ginny had rolled off of Draco to lay next to him as they both basked in the afterglow, both drifting into a peaceful slumber sometime soon after.

Dawn was breaking when Draco shifted in the bed, reaching out blindly to snuggle Ginny close to his body, wanting to be enveloped in her warmth once more, but was greeted with a pillow, a sheet of paper sat atop. He opened his eyes, pushing away the empty feeling that grew steadily in him as he lifted the piece of paper and read what Ginny had left for him. As he read towards the bottom, he realized it was the song that they had danced to at the club. As his eyes scanned her loopy script, he couldn't push away that empty feeling when it snuck up on him as he was distracted with the note. A single tear made it's way down the Slytherin's face as he read the last lines. 'This is what we do to one another. We're addicted to each other. I may love you, but I don't want to be an addict. Goodbye Draco Malfoy.' The only person to ever love him, and he ruined it. The paper was crumbled up in his hand as he raised his closed fists to his forehead, willing himself not to cry.

It's like I can't think 
Without you interrupting me 
In my thoughts, in my dreams 
You've taken over me 

It's like I'm not me

Ginny entered her flat through the Muggle way, the door. She'd just left Draco's not twenty minutes before. She'd wanted to stay with him forever, wrapped in his warm embrace… but she knew eventually that he would hurt her again. With a sigh, Ginny closed the door behind her slowly, and the soft click of the lock turning into place broke her. She leant back against the door, sinking down slowly as tears formed in her eyes. Sobs tore from her through and racked her body as the events of the night set in. As the realization that the love of her life would no longer be there for her to go back to for another fix.

It's like I'm not me

< > < > < > < > < > < >

I was in a car accident a week and a half ago, right after I started writing this. The Doctor says rest and relaxation will help heal me faster, but I think reviews will! *lol* Please read and review. I tried out a new writing style, not sure if it came out well.