Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter's Shameful Secret by Leonhart17
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter's Shameful Secret

Leonhart17


Harry Potter has a secret...

He has carried this secret for many years.

Of all of the many people that were devoted and dedicated to helping Harry deal with all of his many issues, not the least of these, the prophecy fortelling his doom or the upcoming doom of his greatest enemy.

Dumbledore doesn't know. McGonagall doesn't know. Ron doesn't know. Ginny doesn't know. Mrs. Weasley or Professor Lupin don't know.

Only Hermione knows.

They have carried the secret together. Meeting in dark corners of the common room, early in the morning, hiding what they are doing from everyone.

Harry grins sheepishly as he hands his maroon and gold striped tie to Hermione. With an answering smile she takes it and threads it around his neck.

Harry Potter can't tie a tie to save his life. Hermione had become his salvation in this as she was in all other ways.

Quick, agile fingers tie the knot securely in the front while his hands straightened the collar of his shirt in the back.

Smiling at him, she pulls him closer, using his newly tied tie as a lead. As she kisses him soundly, his arms wind around her waist and he holds her tightly to him.

In the beginning, after Harry had confessed his secret shamefacedly to Hermione, it was just innocent. Just a friend helping a friend. In the six years they had been friends, something had changed, however. Their feelings toward each other had evolved, becoming a deeper, more exclusive love. Their time in the corner each morning was a reflection of that. This was their time to be together without having to pretend that everything was still the way it had always been. They had decided that being together publicly was something they couldn't let themselves do as long as Voldemort was still a threat. Of course, the rest of Gryffindor knew of their feelings toward each other and was careful to respect their privacy.

A sound of laughter coming down the girl's stairs separates them. She backs quickly away, standing at a distance that was normal for them.

"Ron and I have a prefects' meeting this morning before breakfast, but save us some seats, okay?" she says as she backs toward the portrait hole.

He nods with a wink that is only seen by her. She shoots him a smile in return as she ducks out the door.

The second the portrait hole closes behind her, he tugs on his tie.

He means to have it undone by lunch time.

AN: This was just meant to be something silly and short...hope you liked it!