Unofficial Portkey Archive

Beautiful Disaster by Gaya Hriive
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Beautiful Disaster

Gaya Hriive

He drowns in his dreams

An exquisite extreme, I know

He's as damned as he seems

And more heaven than a heart could hold

If I try to save him

My whole world would cave in

It just ain't right, Lord it just ain't right

Everything was so dark. All around people where screaming. There were curses flying and people dropping like flies. He was in the middle, encompassed by all of the fighting. He was standing his ground and never backing down. Then he saw me. He dropped everything; he stopped fighting and came to me.

He grabbed me in his arms and kissed me for what seemed like forever. I refused to believe that it would be the last time that his lips would move under mine. We snuck away and hid behind a grouping of trees. He just looked at me for a moment, seemingly trying to remember everything about me. He was etching me into his memory so that he would always know me as the woman he saw now. I began to cry; I couldn't help it. I knew he was going to die-unless I tried to save him.

"I love you." That was all he said before he dashed back into the fray.

I ran as fast as I could behind him. I knew he was going to run straight for Voldemort. I knew he would never stop until that evil being was no more than an unpleasant memory. They were in front of each other now. Good and Evil, facing off in the final moment of this tragic war. Either way, it would all be over. He looked back at me, then fired his curse. He wasn't fast enough. I saw the blue light racing towards him and threw myself in front of him. He stepped out of the way and the curse hit him. He crumbled to the ground and lay in a heap, barely breathing.

He's magic and myth

He's strong as what I believe

A tragedy with

More damage than a soul should see

But do I try to change him

So hard not to blame him

Hold me tight, baby hold me tight

I couldn't breathe. I fell to the ground beside him and took him tenderly into my arms. There was no stopping the tears now. They splashed down onto his still face. I could barely feel his heart beating. I knew he was going to die. I knew my heart would die with him.

He opened his eyes just enough to see me. He looked confused, like he wasn't sure where he was or how he got there. I'm sure that all he could see was me. I held him as we stared into each others eyes. He blinked away a tear and it rolled down his smutty face, leaving a clean trail in its wake. I leaned down and kissed him softly, pouring my soul into him, willing him to live. It was no use. He looked at me one last time and all I could see was him dying. All I could see was my life, empty and alone, and my heart dead and broken.

"I love you." That was the last thing he said before he died.

He's soft to the touch

But frayed at the ends, he breaks

He's never enough

But still he's more than I can take

I held him in my arms in that spot, rocking his lifeless body back and forth. Everyone was coming to look now. They formed a circle around us, many crying out, others remaining silent. Dumbledore bent down at my side, shedding tears with me. It was over. Everything was finished. Our world was finally safe. He said that my love was brave, and stood his ground. He sacrificed his life for us all. He was a true hero. The words did nothing to comfort me. My heart was destroyed for all time and the Boy-Who-Lived was dead.

Oh, and I don't know

I don't know what he's after

But he's so beautiful

He's such a beautiful disaster

And if I could hold on

Through the tears and the laughter

Would it be beautiful

Or just a beautiful disaster


-->