Unofficial Portkey Archive

Skater Boy by husker_fan_2006
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Skater Boy

husker_fan_2006

Skater Boy

Summary: I know this song is somewhat old, but it was on a mix CD my friend gave me, and I was inspired for a songfic. Two rivals meet one day to talk about the man they fought for, and how the one missed out on how great he was because she was worried about what everyone else thought rather than what her own heart wanted. To the song, Skater Boy by Avril Lavigne.

A/n: To make it easier, here's a sort of legend for the font.

Bold: Song Lyrics

Italics: Past happenings

Regular font: Present happenings

……………..

In a small coffee shop in Diagon Ally, two women were sitting at a table in a corner. They hadn't seen each other in almost six years. The one woman sipped her coffee with her right hand, careful to keep her left hand under the table, and the other said,

"Well, Hermione, we've talked about…well, everything, and I know we've never been friends, so what was this meeting really about?"

"Well, Cho, I want to tell you a story. It's a story about a boy and a girl. Of course, right, that's what most stories are about right?"

He was a boy; she was a girl
Can I make it anymore obvious?

"They both were Quidditch players, though he was better than her. He lived dangerously, she always wanted to be safe."

"How many times have you been to the hospital wing in your life, Harry?" Harry smiled.

"Enough to have my own specific bed in there. Seriously, it even has my name on it."

"You should be more careful, and not try to get hurt."

"Cho, do you really think that I try to injure myself? I just have a natural tendency to do so."

He was a punk; she did ballet;
What more can I say?

"He liked her for the longest time, then one day they went out, and the date didn't go the greatest, to say the least. He still liked her, she did too, but she'd never admit it."

"Cho? Can I talk to you?" Her friends and her went into a fit of giggles.

"Yes?"

"Um…"

"What is it Harry?"

"Wangoballwithme?"

"Sorry?"

"Do you…do you want to go to the ball with me?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, I'm already going with someone else."

-------------------------------------

She couldn't stop staring at him, despite what her friends had told her, she still couldn't help not liking Harry Potter. Her thoughts were interrupted by Marietta saying,

"Cho? Are you alright?"

"I'm fine."

"What were you thinking about?"

"Um…Quidditch." Marietta rolled her eyes.

"Always with the Quidditch."

He wanted her; she'd never tell
secretly she wanted him as well.

"All of her friends turned up their noses at him, and had a narrow-minded opinion about him. He's just the Boy Who Lived, he's different, everyone feels sorry for him before even knowing him. He'll never live happily. He's not good boyfriend material; he cares more about his friends than his girlfriends. Especially the one friend."

"If I were you, Cho, I wouldn't go with him. He's so different from the rest of us. I mean, I know he's famous, but he's the Boy Who Lived. He's not really meant to have a happy life."

"And look at him, he cares more about his friends than girlfriends. Especially Hermione Granger. I mean, come on, she's not pretty and she isn't that popular."

But all of her friends stuck up there nose
they had a problem with his baggy clothes.

"So one day, she decided to dump him. He wasn't good enough for her, but she'd never tell that to his face. She was living in the clouds, had her mind set on better guys, when she had the best one right in front of her."

"Harry, we need to talk."

"What about?"

"Um…I don't really know how to say this…but…"

"Just say it, Cho, how bad can it be?"

"Um, I don't think this is going to work between us."

"Why not?"

"We're two different people, Harry, we aren't really meant to be together."

"Like how different?"

"Well, you're the Boy Who Lived, I'm just a plain girl. You're a Quidditch star, I'm just a mediocre Seeker."

"When did you realize this?"

"When my friends pointed out to me, and I saw they were right."

"So Hermione was right about that."

"She heard the conversation?"

"Yep, and she told me." Cho scowled.

"Probably trying to break the two of us up since then, hasn't she?" Harry's bright green eyes turned dark as they narrowed in anger, and he said coldly,

"No. She'd never do that."

He was a skater boy, she said see ya later boy
he wasn't good enough for her
She had a pretty face, but her head was up in space
she needed to come back down to earth.

"Five years later, the girl had met someone new, got married and had a baby, but after the baby was born, he decided to leave. Now she's at home alone, taking care of her baby boy, when she turns on the TV and sees the boy being interviewed for winning one of the greatest Quidditch matches in history.

"Shh, shh, don't cry sweetie." Cho rocked the baby in her arms, and slowly he drifted off to sleep. Setting him down in his crib, Cho turned on the TV to the wizard news. The sports were on, and the sportscaster was interviewing the Quidditch players that just won the game. Cho froze when she heard Harry's voice.

"So Harry, what kind of strategies were different in this team from the Tornadoes last week?"

"Well, they're pretty much the same, but the Irish do a lot of feinting and it throws you off sometimes, but then we use some different tactics too, and as you can see, came in handy."

"Thanks, Harry. Good luck on Thursday. That was Seeker Harry Potter for the Cannons, this is Martin Hilliard with the sports, back to you, Gina." The regular newscaster came back on, and Cho couldn't believe it, she hadn't really heard much about Quidditch lately, she couldn't believe that Harry actually made it pro.

Five years from now, she sits at home
feeding the baby she's all alone
she turns on TV guess who she sees
skater boy rockin' up MTV.

"She calls up her friends, tells them, and of course they already know, and have tickets for the next match on Thursday. They have one for her too, so on Thursday she gets a babysitter, and goes with her friends to the match. She sits in the crowd and looks up at the man she turned down so many years ago.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the Chudley Cannons!" The Cannons players all flew out onto the field, and applauded politely as the other team was announced. Cho's eyes followed Harry around, marveling in her mind how well he flew. She started to wish she hadn't dumped him so long ago, and wondered how he was doing in the relationship department. When she got home she decided to write him a letter and find out.

She calls up her friends, they already know
and they've all got tickets to see his show
She tags along and stands in the crowd
looks up at the man that she turned down.

"She turned him down so many years ago, he wasn't good enough for her. Now he's a famous Quidditch star, and she started to see what's he's worth, and sees he was good enough all along. She sends a letter to him to hook up again and go out. He receives the letter, and of course, she's too late.

"Did you see this?"

"What is it?" Harry's wife looked over his shoulder to read the letter in his hand.

"It's a letter from Cho Chang. She wants to meet up again and maybe go out." The new Mrs. Potter smiled.

"What are you going to tell her?"

"The truth. I never tell a lie." She snorted and laughed.

"Ok, Pinocchio."

"Oh you think I'm lying?" He tickled her, she squealed.

"Hmm?" She squealed again as he tickled her again. In between tickles and squeals, she screams and laughs,

"Stop!" Harry stopped tickling her and kissed her. He overdramatically sighed and said,

"I guess, but only for you."

He was a skater boy, she said see ya later boy
he wasn't good enough for her
now he's a super star slammin' on his guitar
does your pretty face see what he's worth?

"He didn't just not want to answer her, but he's really busy lately, because with practice and everything, he's starting his Auror training. He decided he needed a steady job that'll always be there for him, unlike professional Quidditch, because his wife's expecting a baby. And so, he sent me. I don't want to sound like a snot, but tough luck, Cho, that boy's mine, this is how the story ends." Hermione took her hand from under the table and set her elbow on the table, holding her hand up so Cho could see her wedding ring.

"Sorry girl, you missed out, Harry and I are way more than just good friends. We're married now, and are about to be parents in a few months."

"I don't know how I'm going to tell her all that's happened in the past five years. I don't have time anymore." There was a short silence until Hermione said,

"I'll go. I'll go meet her. Tell her the truth, as only you always tell." Harry smiled and said,

"You sure you want to?"

"Yeah, I'll go."

"Ok, but don't be a snot."

"I'm never a snot."

"Ok, now who's lying?"

"Hey!" She punched him playfully in the arm. He grabbed his arm and said,

"Ow."

"Oh that didn't hurt, Mr. Rock hard muscles."

"I know. But are you sure you want to go?"

"When are you going to have time to meet her?"

"You're right."

Sorry girl but you missed out
well tough luck that boys mine now
we are more than just good friends
this is how the story ends

"Too bad that girl couldn't see the man that boy could be. There was more than met the eye. Now it's too late, I see the soul that's inside."

"I love you."

"I know." Hermione waited.

"Um, aren't you supposed to say something else than just, `I know'?" Pretending like he forgot and it was just coming back to him, Harry said,

"Oh! Sorry." He paused, pretending to think.

"What am I supposed to say again?" Hermione frowned and taking her arms from around Harry's neck, she started to walk away, but Harry laughed and grabbed her by the waist and pulled her back to him.

"No, I'm joking, `Mione. I remember. But three words aren't a good enough answer. There needs to be more." He leaned his head forward so his forehead met hers, and looking her directly in the eyes he said sincerely,

"I love you more than anything in this world or the next. And I always will." Hermione smiled and tears welling up in her eyes she said,

"Damnit Harry."

"What? That definitely wasn't the answer I was expecting."

"You always know what to say to make me cry." She wiped away her tears and put her arms around his neck again. She looked into his emerald eyes with her teary brown ones and said,

"I love you, with all my heart, forever and for always." Harry smiled and kissed Hermione, the love of his life, forever and forever.

Too bad that you couldn't see
see that man that boy could be
There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

"So that's how that story ends, and another's starting to begin. He's just a boy, I'm just a girl, and again, that's how most stories start, isn't it?"

He's just a boy, and I'm just a girl
can I make it anymore obvious?

"We're in love, since you hadn't heard, how we rock each other's world. I've got to be going, tomorrow is Harry's last Quidditch match, and I have to be there for it."

We are in love, haven't you heard
how we rock each others world

"You're a lucky woman, Hermione. You're with him, he loves you, and you're story isn't entirely true."

"How so?"

"He never really loved me. He loved you all along, he just didn't see it. Tell Harry good luck tomorrow. And I wish you both all the happiness in the world."

"Thanks, Cho, and good luck to you too, I hope you find happiness too."

I'm with the skater boy, I said see ya later boy
I'll be back stage after the show
I'll be at a studio
singing the song we wrote
about a girl you used to know

"Hey, I know this is your second to last Quidditch match, but I gotta go right now, otherwise I'll never make it on time to meet Cho."

"Ok, I'll see you later."

"I'm really sorry, babe."

"Don't worry about it."

"I'll see you after the match, I'll be waiting for you in the box."

"Alright, love ya." They kissed briefly.

"Love you too." The captain of the team, Oliver Wood, came over to say hi to Hermione. He said,

"You staying, Hermione?"

"I'm sorry, I can't. I have to meet someone. Good luck today, and in case I don't get a chance to talk to you before the match tomorrow, good luck tomorrow too." Wood nodded and said,

"Yes, about tomorrow. Have you any big things planned for this evening?" Hermione shrugged.

"I dunno."

"Well, whatever you do, no sex before a match." Both Harry and Hermione grinned. Hermione tsk'ed and said,

"Damnit, Wood, there goes my whole evening plans. You just had to ruin it, didn't you?" Wood smiled and said,

"Well, I don't want the team to be tired tomorrow, so I've been telling this to all the wives of the players."

"Do you really think anyone will pay heed to you?"

"Probably not. But it doesn't hurt to try." Harry said,

"Well, Oliver, I can't say I know many Quidditch players who have talked with their captain about their sex lives, but I can I'm one of them, and I don't want to make it a regular thing." Wood laughed and so did Harry and Hermione. Wood said,

"Well, I've got to be going, got some other team members to be talking to, we'll see you later, Hermione, Harry, see you on the field." Hermione waved goodbye as Wood left. Hermione said,

"You're not going to listen to him, are you?"

"Oh, hell no, I've never listened to him when it comes to that sort of thing."

"Good. I guess the evening plans aren't ruined after all." Harry smiled and so did Hermione. Hermione said,

"Sweetie, I've got to get going, otherwise I'll never make it. You have to get onto the field so you can practice."

"Ok. I'll see you later." They kissed, and Hermione broke it and started walking away. She called back and said,

"Fly well, and make sure to catch the Snitch!"

"I will, love you!"

"Love you too!"

Harry grabbed his broom and bag and headed to the locker room while his wife and the love of his life apparated to the small little coffee shop in Diagon Ally where the girl she was meeting would be there at a table in a corner.

I'm with the skater boy, I said see ya later boy
I'll be back stage after the show
I'll be at a studio
singing the song we wrote
about a girl you used to know.

A/N: Hey hey, here's a songfic for ya, I hope you all like it. Hopefully you understood the italics, bold, and all that other stuff. Please review, let me know what you think of Skater Boy.

Husker-fan-2006


-->