Unofficial Portkey Archive

Extraordinary by FieryStar90
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Extraordinary

FieryStar90

Summary: In light of Harry's sixth year, what do Lily, James, Sirius, and Dumbledore think of Harry's relationship with Ginny?

0 0 0

Extraordinary

"How has Harry been doing?" Lily asked Dumbledore as they settled down to drink tea.

Heaven really wasn't all that different from Earth, except all of your dreams, in heaven, came true. People could become their favorite age at any time of their life, as well.

Lily and James looked the very same that they did when they died. They liked their age, as did Dumbledore, who was the same, except his hand was a true hand again.

"Harry has done very well," Dumbledore said. "I am only sorry that I could not be with him for his last year."

Though Lily and James checked up on their son, there were certain rules as to how often, and the last time they had seen him was at Christmas.

"Is he still at odds with Ron and Hermione?" James wanted to know.

Dumbledore shook his head. "I believe he has reconciled with Mr. Weasley and Ms. Granger."

Lily smiled. "That's wonderful. Those two are good for him."

"How's Remus?" James asked. "Last I heard… he and Tonks were having some issues."

Dumbledore smiled. "From what I saw moments before I spiritually left the earth, Remus has finally gained some happiness."

Sirius, having appeared suddenly and hearing that last bit of information, said joyfully, "That means Moony and I would be related… if I had lived, that is." This was finished on a more somber note.

"You may be deceased, Sirius, but as I told young Harry once, death is just another adventure."

Sirius smiled grimly. "I suppose so. How is he, anyway? Did he and Hermione ever…?"

Dumbledore shook his head. "No. In fact, Harry has shown interest in Mr. Weasley's younger sister, Ginny. From what I gathered, they are a couple."

Lily frowned. "Ginny? She's a nice girl, don't get me wrong, but…"

James cut her off. "You don't approve? But Lily, it would be like history repeating itself." He smiled at her fondly. "She has your hair, love."

Lily sighed. "I know… it's just… she's so… ordinary."

"Yeah," Sirius agreed. "Hermione's so full of life. Full of substance. Not that Ginny isn't, it's just… while Ginny is ordinary, Hermione is extraordinary."

Lily added, "And besides, James: Hermione is more like me than Ginny. We're both muggleborn, and if I do say so myself, quite clever."

James looked at her, grinning. "Since when did you acquire such an ego?"

She grinned right back. "Since I married you, of course."

"I believe," Dumbledore said, "that Harry likes Ms. Weasley for a number of reasons: firstly, he is so close with her family. Perhaps Harry feels that if he and Ginny ever married, then he would officially be part of a family, something he has longed for his entire life. Secondly, yes, while a nice girl, Ms. Weasley is quite… normal. Harry, I know, scorns his fame, and only wishes for normality, which I don't blame him for. By becoming a couple with Ms. Weasley, he would achieve some normalcy. By becoming attached to Hermione, an extraordinary girl, it would just add to his lifestyle. And besides," his eyes twinkled, "I don't believe that he realizes his true feelings for Ms. Granger, who has stood by him even when Mr. Weasley has not. No, hopefully in good time Harry will come to his senses."

The four were silent for a few moments, three of them processing this speech.

After a while, Sirius said, "Or, you know, it could be the hormones."

Dumbledore's eyes twinkled with humor. "It could very well be that, Mr. Black. It could very well be."

WRITTEN: July 17

0 0 0

Last Thoughts: Firstly, I just want to say THANK YOU to everyone who reviewed my last one-shot. A couple of you are my favorite authors and I am really pleased and flattered that you liked it.

Secondly, this was done in about fifteen minutes. I had the idea spinning around in my head since I went to bed last night and I had to jot it down. Sorry it's so short, though. I wanted it to be short, sweet, and to the point.

And thirdly, this is my interpretation of heaven. Don't quote me on it-I'm not very religious, you see, so I had to have my own perspective.

Feedback and constructive criticism would be great!


-->