Unofficial Portkey Archive

Teacups and Frogspawn: The Confessions of Petunia Dursley by Herminia
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Teacups and Frogspawn: The Confessions of Petunia Dursley

Herminia

TEACUPS AND FROGSPAWN

Or, The Confessions of Petunia Dursley

AN EVANS SISTERS Fan Fic

PROLOGUE

The years have come and gone - a procession of seasons, each blooming and wilting in its time. Every spring, the lilies come up in their many forms: the gaudy tiger lilies splaying their freckled orange petals, the fragrant Easter lilies, the delicate lilies-of-the-valley like tiny white wedding bells.

We were aptly named, Lily and I. Sisters, born in the spring - one breathtakingly beautiful, dizzyingly sweet, the other unremarkable. You do not plant a row of petunias for the frivolity of it. They are not the flashiest of flowers. They exist for the sake of practicality, and so do I. They exist to fill the empty spaces where lilies cannot flourish…

* * * * *

She was the baby of the family, the happenstance, or - as my parents called her - `The Miracle.' I should have loved her; I should have been charmed by her, as everyone else was. Lily enchanted, I endured.

It was always the same after Lily was born. Family and friends would kneel down before my perfect sister, fawning over her vibrant green eyes and pouffy red pigtails, while I hovered awkwardly in the background.

"Oh, Lily!" they would coo. "This must be your big sister - Patty, Peony?"

"-Petunia."

"Petunia, yes," they would say distractedly, already forgetting my name and overlooking my presence. I was but an overgrown weed, doomed to share the same garden plot with a beautiful blossom. Worst of all, I knew it.


-->