Unofficial Portkey Archive

Pensive’s Pieces of Pumpkin Pie by Time Pensive
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Pensive’s Pieces of Pumpkin Pie

Time Pensive

Pensive's Pieces of Pumpkin Pie
A Harry Potter Short Fanfiction Collection

Disclaimer: Harry Potter and all associated copyrighted ideas are used without permission and are the sole property of J.K. Rowling and her associates. This means they are not mine, and I am not attempting to derive any profit from using the wonderful world provided by JKR. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I only hope I can live up to that standard. So again, not mine. After all, if it were, I'd write this and keep it to myself until it was published so I could be even moreso the richest woman in Britain. Except I'm not rich, female, or British. Anyways, I think that's enough of a disclaimer.

Overall Rating: NC-17

Spoilers: Books 1 - 6

Description: This is a collection of one-shots and possibly short stories that will take place in the Harry Potter universe, detailing, as the title indicates, the Harry-Hermione relationship.

These short stories, unless otherwise indicated, are unrelated to each other, and take place in separate, individual timelines of the Harry Potter Universe.

Each story will receive its own individual rating. Not all of them will be NC-17. Further, each story will be classified, in the author's (with input from the beta reader) judgment, from one (1) to five (5) on its level of angst, romance, adventure, and humor. It will also be ranked on its status relative to the main canon plot - i.e., the Second War with Voldemort.

Further, the whole point of this activity is to return my short stories to the front page each time I write a new one, so that I get more hits and more reviews. So read and review.

I hope this is clear.

Stories:

Either Must Die

Rating: PG-13
Canon Plot: Summer Before Sixth Year
Word Count: 1,077
Description
: Harry's just told Hermione and Ron the full extent of the prophecy, and now Hermione has to make a decision while Ron and Harry sleep in another room… one that explains certain aspects of Half-Blood Prince.
Excerpt: Ginny Weasley was asleep.

Which meant that Hermione Granger was left free to contemplate a horrible, horrible reality.

"From what it said, it looks like I'm the one who's got to finish off Voldemort…At least, it said that neither of us could live while the other survives."
Genre Rankings:
Angst:
1 Romance: 4 Action/Adventure: 0 Humor: 0

------------------------------------

Faking It

Rating: NC-17
Canon Plot: Post-Voldemort
Word Count: 4,726
Description: It took six bloody years to defeat Voldemort, in which many things, including significant others, were lost. A year and a half later, Harry and Hermione are trying to forget their pain by faking that it is gone, not remembering that every action has a consequence. Even fake ones.
Excerpt: The sound of it filled her senses and she was filled with happiness. She knew he needed this, this escape, to get away from the grief, the pain, the loss. She was the only one he trusted, the only one he let his guard down with.

The only person he dared reveal it to.

His breathing slowly returned to normal. "I'm sorry, Hermione," Harry Potter whispered.
Genre Rankings:
Angst:
4 Romance: 4 Action/Adventure: 0 Humor: 0

------------------------------------

Through Another's Eyes

Rating: PG-13
Canon Plot: Late Seventh Year, One Horcrux Remaining
Word Count: 1,556
Description: As the end of the war approaches, Harry and company have one thing left to do before facing Voldemort, but fortunately, another makes their seemingly impossible task much easier. REPOSTED from a separate story on Portkey because I want more reviews.
Excerpt: He had to admit, she had grown attractive of physical form, and there was no denying her intelligence, yet it was the blood flowing in her veins that made her worthless.

For that matter, even Potter was half a Mudblood, so there was certainly no harm, perhaps, from a bit of dalliance from his perspective. But cuddling her, with her draped all over him, in public…

Disgusting.
Genre Rankings:
Angst:
0 Romance: 1 Action/Adventure: 4 Humor: 0

------------------------------------

Shadows

Rating: R
Canon Plot: Approximately five years post-Hogwarts, before the Final Battle
Word Count: 4,218
Description: Harry's bid to hang on to the one thing he cannot lose could result in a disastrous end to the Second War, and more importantly, his friendships.
Excerpt: His wand had just come out, and Ron, currently kissing Hermione rather chastely on the lips, had gone flying backwards into a fortunately soft pile of rubbish located directly behind him. "How could you?" he had finally snarled at Hermione, sitting with a shocked look on her face, staring at the violence etched on his face, displayed for the entire world to see.
Genre Rankings
:
Angst:
3 Romance: 4 Action/Adventure: 2 Humor: 0

------------------------------------

Just Another Quiet Friday Night Alone

Rating: PG-13
Canon Plot:
Three Years Post-Voldemort, Approximately Four Years Post-HBP
Word Count: 3,604
Description:
Just another hard week of Auror training gone by, and Harry comes back to the Trio's flat for a night of light reading.
Excerpt: It was the fact that it was Friday night, and he was sitting alone in his flat that he shared with his best friends in the entire world. Who were together, somewhere, doing something. It was the sensation that everything was completely unfair - he had been the one who suffered his entire life, had unspeakable horrors inflicted on him, suppressing who he really was, and by the time he had figured out what he really wanted, it was too late.
Genre Rankings:
Angst: 3 Romance: 4 Action/Adventure: 1 Humor: 0