Unofficial Portkey Archive

Do You Remember Love? by Classic Cowboy
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Do You Remember Love?

Classic Cowboy

Do You Remember Love?

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter, or any related Characters, nor do I own Macross or (Robotech as it was called in English) or any related characters. Harmony Reed is my own creation though.

I am completely revamping the Macross and Robotech idea so you don't have to know much about it to get something from this story.

Chapter 1: The Beginning …

Harry Potter's eyes flew open and quickly adjusted to the darkness of his private quarters. He started to sit up but found Hermione still snuggled up using his chest as a pillow. He let out a soft sigh and looked over at the alarm clock on his nightstand. It was 3:15 A.M.: five hours till it ends. It finally ends, the time that most of the survivors has come to call the Year of Hell.

He softly eased out from under Hermione, and climbed out of bed. He then grabbed his pajama bottoms from the disarray of discarded clothing that belonged to both himself and Hermione. He looked down at her sleeping form before bending over the bed and giving her a light kiss on the forehead. "I'll be right back, Love," Harry whispered as he tiptoed out of the bedchamber.

Harry walked out of the quarters and immediately caught sight of the three other men looking out the window separating the inside of the Macross to the cold unforgiving space. "Can't sleep either?" Harry asked walking over, looking out at the same thing the others were looking at. Surrounding the earth completely was a dense cloud of nothing but Zentradi spacecraft.

"Think anybody survived?" Rick Hunter asked nervously.

"Ah don know," Oliver Wood nodded, "But it should ne matta, we're gonna fight no matta what."

"Right," Harry agreed as all four men gave each other a brave nod.

"Alright," the fourth man, Max Sterling said passing around a bottle in a paper bag, "here's some liquid courage, should be enough for all of us."

Harry took a swig of what he discovered to be whisky. How Max seemed to be able to sneak whisky onto the Space Fortress was just one of those questions that no one asked for fear of the answer. It amazed Harry how it all came down to this. With a few hours left till what will surely come to be known as Armageddon, Harry finally allowed himself a moment to relax and reflect on how he came to be on the SDF-1 Macross.

--

Ten years earlier …

"Boggy on me six!" Lt. Oliver Wood cried, pulling his F-22into a spin. A moment later the fighter exploded behind him and a third fighter shot through the smoke cloud.

"You can thank me later, Ollie," Harry joked as he did a loop in the air before taking up position beside his wingman. "I think that's all of them, ready to head home, guys?"

"I am," the third of the F-22 fighters flew up beside them, its pilot, Lt. Harmony Reed, yawned before popping tilting her head to pop her neck, "I need my beauty sleep."

"No kidding," Harry joked, before pushing the throttle of his jet.

"HEY!" Harmony shrieked, "I hope you realize I still have two bloody missiles, you know, and I could accidentally blow your sorry arse out of the bloody air!"

The three jets made their way to their Scotland Air Base and landed safely. "I won this time," Harry said with a smile, "Four kills in two sorties."

"Bloody hell, Harry," Oliver sighed, "You scare me sometimes."

Harry smiled at his friends before looking down with a sad sigh, It had been over two years since he had defeated Lord Voldemort, Graduated Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry, and most importantly, seen from his best friends Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. Sure they'd owled each other, but letters can only do so much. Harry tried to stay in the wizardry world, but he could only handle life in the spotlight as the savior of the world so long. A month after graduation he left the wizardry world behind for good, and unfortunately that meant Ron and Hermione as well. He wondered around England for a while then he met up with the most unlike person, Oliver Wood.

Oliver had told Harry of the fact that a major war was about to break out and there was no way around it. Professional Quidditch had almost completely shut down because several of the players were enrolled into the Wizard and or Muggle armies. He said he was going to enter into the Muggle military; more exactly the Royal Air Force, and asked Harry if he'd go with him. Harry, having nothing better to do, followed. At the academy the two met a spirited girl by the name of Harmony Reed, and the three hit it off nicely, Harry and Harmony especially.

"Well guess this is goodnight," Harry said as he and Oliver started to leave Harmony at her mini-apartment.

"Harry … you don't have to run off so quickly, you know …" She said giving him a meek smile and a knowing look.

"I thought … uh … you wanted a beauty sleep?" Harry asked pushing his glasses up on his nose as his face flamed with a blush.

"Yeah, well," Harmony said walking in, but leaving the door open, "It can wait a little while."

Harry blushed slightly before giving her a mischievous grin and following her in, closing and locking the door behind him

--

"You just sent her a letter at the beginning of the week," Harmony sighed rising up in her bed, holding a sheet to cover her chest, "She hasn't returned a letter in months. Why do you still bother?"

Harry looked back, at her from where he was writing, "Sorry, did I wake you, love?"

"Don't 'did I wake you, Love' me, Harry Potter," Harmony smirked, "You know a girl could get jealous of you always thinking about another girl."

"She's just my best friend, Harmony," Harry said smiling, as he tied the parchment to his old owl, Hedwig's leg.

"Some best friend," Harmony said narrowing her eyes, "If she was your best friend, why hasn't she responded to any of your posts?"

"Maybe she's just busy," answered Harry as he was coming back to the bed, "Now, Love … what do you say we get busy," he said before playfully tackling her to the bed.

Harry then moved in for a kiss and as their lips met a blaring alarm sounded through out the military base. "Well so much for that, Harry," Harmony sighed as Harry climbed off her. "Rain check?"

"Rain check it is," Harry smiled pulling on his flight suit.

"Yes, for tonight," Harmony ordered, pulling on her own suit, "Don't expect any sleep t'all."

"Alright then, I have no problems with that suggestion," He said heading toward the door, "Shall we depart to see what's the matter?"

"We shall," she said shoving him out of the way and darting out the door, "Race you to the hangar!"

--

"Alright ladies and gentlemen," Commander Gloval spoke up before the group of pilots, "Lt. Reed, please take a seat some where other than Lt. Potter's lap please. Thank you. Radar shows that we have enemy confirmation, setting up a temporary command center, TCC, on Macross Island, In the South Pacific."

He then turned and showed the map. "Your mission is to fly in, bomb the TCC, and come home. You will be taking two seaters and ride the Aircraft Carrier Prometheus. I think you know your flight-mates so get a move on, dismissed."

--

Five fighter jets flew at top speed toward the forested isle known as Macross Island, which was one and a half times the size of Manhattan Island.

"Ok, we go in blow the thing up, and go home, right?" Harry asked looking along the beach for the temporary base. "Harmony?" Harry asked looking back at his lover/wingman.

"Um … Harry?" She asked, nervousness showing in her voice. "Was there an eclipse scheduled today?"

"Um no, why?" Harry asked looking back, to see her pointing to the sky.

"That …" She said her voice trembling, "What's that?"

"Oh fuck," Harry gasped as he saw what looked like a giant comet falling from the sky, "ALL FIGHTERS RETREAT TO THE CARRIER!!"

The five fighter jets turned around as quickly as they could and sped away from the rapidly falling object. "Faster you bloody hunk of junk, faster!" Harry grunted as he shoved the throttle and afterburners to their max.

Then it hit with the sound of a nuclear bomb, "We have to get out of the blast radius!" Harmony shouted what Harry already knew, as the jet flew as fast as it could.

Then the shockwave finally hit their fighter, and sent it spinning out of control. "Harry!" he heard Harmony cry fearfully, "We're going to crash! Can't you do that apparating thing to us and get us out of here?"

"Tell me, Harmony," Harry grunted fighting with the control stick, "What do you think would happen when you Apparate from a vehicle traveling mach 4 to a vehicle that completely still?"

"Point …" Harmony gulped, "Eject then?"

Harry then hit the eject lever, but a warning light began to flash, "Damn, the canopy release is damaged!"

"Oh God …" Harmony whimpered finally starting to cry, "Harry …Listen … I love you, I have since the moment we met, and I always will!" she confessed as the plane continued to spiral toward the ground.

"We're not dead yet, Harmony," Harry grunted pulling out his old wand which he still carries with. "Alohamora!" Harry yelled as a beam of magic shot from the tip of the wand and hit the hatch of the canopy, throwing it off. Harry immediately pulled the eject level, throwing himself and Harmony out of the falling fighter.

Harry made it away from the debris safely, but Harmony collided neck first with the flying canopy, causing a crunching sound to emit from her neck.

"Harmony!" Harry cried as he jerked off the cables connecting him to his parachute and fought to keep his head above the waves. "Harmony! Where are you?" He finally spotted her floating still attached to her parachute, and the water around her was taking a crimson color. "Oh Merlin no …" Harry gasped as he swam to her side, feeling his heart drop to his feet.

Harry pulled her into his arms, "Harmony? Harmony!" he cried, but got no response, her body was completely lifeless, "HARMONY!!!!!"

--

The object that crashed was revealed to be a strange alien spacecraft. It was 1,210 meters long, 339 meters wide, and 312 meters tall, and weighted around 18,000,000 tons. The study team that examined the ship discovered it was in fact a warship, and this news terrified and quickly united all the nations of the world, even the Ministry of Magic. With the combination of the salvaged alien ship, human, or Muggle, technology, and the Wizarding World's magic, the ship was finally restored, but it took almost a decade to complete. The ship was dubbed the 'SDF-1 Macross'.

The combination of newfound technology from the combination of the three factors, Alien, Muggle, and Wizarding came to be known as Robotechnology, or Robotech for short. The threat of other ships and aliens like those who the Macross belonged to, as well as others taking the battle fortress for themselves, caused the United Earth Government to form the RDF, the Robotech Defense Force.

--

Twenty Eight year old Lt. Harry Potter stood under the nose of his gold and red Valkrye VF-1J Veritech Fighter, double checking specific components.

Though Harry left the military after Harmony's death, he remained a pilot, arguably the greatest stunt pilot in all of England. He was approached again by Oliver Wood and his former commander, Henry Gloval, the Captain of the Macross, and offered the position as a pilot and commander of the ship's main fighter squadron, the Skull Squadron. Harry turned down the position of Squadron commander but did agree to go back to piloting for the military, if only to keep an eye on his fellow stunt pilot, Rick Hunter, who was also joining the defense force onboard the Macross.

"Well, Well, Well," a voice called from behind him, "You have a nice sparkling plaything, Harry."

Harry knew the voice anywhere, even though he hadn't heard it in years. He spun around to see the red hair, blue eyes, freckles, and broad smile that could only belong to Ron Weasley. "RON!" Harry gasped, pulling his childhood friend into a bear hug.

"Bloody hell, you're an Auror!" Harry gasped looking his friend over, "And a commander at that! My goodness, Ron, you've come along way!"

"I've come along way, Mr. Potter?" Ron smirked, "Look who's mastered flying all Magical and Muggle aircrafts? I don't think it was I. Oh and it's GRAND Commander Ronald Weasley now."

"And that's Lieutenant Potter, Grand Commander," Harry teased before the friends hugged again.

"Bloody hell, Harry, I've missed you!" Ron said, his voice trembling lightly, "I wish you could have been at the wedding, I'd have liked nothing more then my best mate to be my best man."

"You're married??" Harry gawked.

"With children," Ron smirked, "Let me introduce you," He then turned back to the door. "Hey, Hermione sweetheart, you and demon child come on in!"

"H-Hermione?" Harry choked, feeling his blood drain, but not really sure why the thoughts of his two childhood best friends being married together with children bothered him so very much. But his fear turned to confusion when a young girl no older then six with long blonde locks and wild eyes came in dragging a four year old by the belt loop.

"You called, Papa?" the girl beamed up at Ron, and to Harry, the girl was a miniature Luna Lovegood with Weasley freckles, and the boy was Ron made over.

"Harry, let me introduce you to my son and Daughter," Ron said, grabbing the boy's shirt and turning him around to face Harry, "Harry, this demon child you see before you is Harold James Weasley, and the beautiful blonde bombshell here," he said ruffling the girl's hair, "Is Hermione Lily Weasley. Kids this is your Uncle Harry."

The two kids immediately pounced on Harry almost taking him to the floor, "Spirited, just like their father," Harry smiled at his blushing friend, "Not like a Weasley to settle for two."

"Four, Albus is the youngest, he was born last February, and then there's …Sirius," Ron said pausing at the name of his eldest son, awaiting a reaction.

Harry bristled[T1] for a moment, at the sound of his late godfather's name, but smiled, "Shouldn't you name your children after your own family, Ron?"

Ron smiled at his friend affectionately "I did, Harry."

"Ron …" Harry said letting the children down, but was cut off by a voice outside the hanger, "Hey, Potty, you around here?"

"Right here, Roy!" Harry said as a man around Harry's age walked in. He had an almost overconfident feel to him, with his slightly shaggy blond hair and cocky blue eyes. He stood at a tall 6'5", and had a pilot's build.

"Potty?" Ron asked smiling ear to ear.

"Ron, I'm a soldier, I can kill you in more ways then you could possibly imagine," Harry hissed under his breath.

"Shutting up now."

"So who's this, Lt. Potty?" The man said walking up to the two men.

"Ron, this is my commander, Lt. Commander Roy Fokker," Harry introduced, ignoring Ron's snickering, "Roy, this is my best friend from school, Grand Commander of the Aurors Ronald Weasley."

"Nice to meet you Grand Commander, I've heard great things about you," Roy said taking Ron's hand in a handshake, then turning to Harry, "I was wondering if you'd like to meet the Representative from the Ministry of Magic, Harry."

"Representative from M.O.M.?" Harry asked cocking his head to the side.

"Yeah, they sent somebody to make sure none of us abuse the magical stuff on the ship, ya know," Roy said, sounding slightly disgusted, "But on the bright side, word is she's a real hottie, great full C size and a great ass to match!"

Ron almost fell over but covered his mouth, Harry wasn't sure if he was coughing or laughing or a mix of both.

"Sure, I'll meet her," Harry nodded, "You coming, Ron?"

"Na, I've already met her, Mate," Ron snickered, "He's right, she's a fox alright, but she's got a great brain to match too." He said with a wink.

"Ok," Harry said slowly, eyeing his friend suspiciously, "Ok, Roy, lead the way!"

The two pilots walked out, and Harry could easily hear Ron burst out laughing from behind the now closed hangar door.

--

Harry and Roy walked toward the main loading elevator to the massive battle fortress, and in front of the loading dock, stood a woman in a brown skirt at her knees and a matching uniform jacket. But what caught Harry's attention was the long bushy brown hair. 'No way, it can't be,' He thought shaking his head.

"There she is," Roy said nodding to the woman, who still had her back to them, "nice ass huh, Harry?"

"Madam Representative," Roy spoke up as the girl turned around and her eyes went wide as emerald eyes met and locked with cinnamon eyes. "Doctor Granger, I'd like you to meet one of my best pilots, this is Lt. Potter …"

"H-Harry?" she asked timidly, as if she didn't even hear Roy's words.

"Her-Hermione?" Harry choked out, both old friends in a state of complete shock.

"Um …" Roy blinked, unsure of the situation, "You two know each other?"

To Be Continued …

C. Cowboy: first off I'd like to thank Xavien for beta reading for me. secondly, for some added info and pictures on the Macross and Robotech side of things here's a couple of pieces of eye candy that help the story

This is a painting the Super Dimensional Fortress One: Macross: http://www.robotech.com/gallery/galimage/viewgalimage.php?id=5

This is basic info and schematics of the SDF-1 Macross:

http://www.robotech.com/infopedia/mecha/viewmecha.php?id=6

This is the F-22 Raptor, the jet Harry was piloting in the first part of the story:

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/f-22.htm

This is info and schematics on the VF-1J Fighter like Harry's: http://www.robotech.com/infopedia/mecha/viewmecha.php?id=4

I'll have more bits of info and eye candy as the story goes. Enjoy and don't forget to put up a review!


[T1]"Bristled" sounds better