Unofficial Portkey Archive

What About the Rehearsal by Gaya Hriive
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

What About the Rehearsal

Gaya Hriive

A/N: Hello Ladies and Gents. I have a special treat for you all tonight! My friend Eric wrote the following piece. This is his first attempt at creating Pumpkin Pie, so we kind. Up until last night he didn't even know what fan fiction was! BUT! I informed him of the wonderful world of the HMS Harmony, and he lured in immediately. So, without further ado, oh, wait, PLEAE REVIEW!!!!

"What About the Rehearsal?"

"Hermione are you almost ready? The rehearsal starts in less than an hour!"

"I'm going as fast as I can dammit! It's your fault that I'm moving so slowly anyway!"

"I couldn't have done it by myself!"

At about that time Hermione was approaching the top of the staircase, slowly grabbing the rails and edging her way down. Seeing Hermione in her black and green dress robes brought back memories of the Yule Ball in school. Harry smiled as the memories began to race through his head.

"Hermione I'm sorry that Ron was being such a prick," Harry had said to her the day of the ball. "I think that he wanted to ask you himself, but he could never get the courage." But in the back of Harry's mind he knew that he too had wanted to ask her to the ball but she had no idea that Harry was in love with her at the time.

"Oh Harry don't worry about him, I think that he is just jealous because I would rather go with y…I mean Victor instead of him…" Hermione looked up at Harry with an embarrassed smile. Harry couldn't help but realize how astounding Hermione was in her gown and he could think of nothing else but holding her close, but he wouldn't dare. She didn't feel the same way about him…or so he thought.

"Why the devil are you staring at me like that?" Hermione asked her open-mouthed husband after a few seconds.

"I just can't get over how beautiful you are! I feel like I'm looking at you for the first time…and I've fallen in love!"

"Ha, I'm glad that I didn't look like this the first time that we met. I'm the direct comparison of a big, fat cow!"

"That's rubbish! I think that the pregnant look is good for you."

"Well don't get too used to it, Mr. Potter."

Hermione was in her ninth month of pregnancy. She had gotten pregnant the night of the Hogwarts graduation. She and Harry had been dating for two years at that time and sex was not a new thing to them anymore. It was never solely about physical pleasure for them though, it was more about giving their all to each other…emotionally and physically. That comfortable May night at Hogwarts was one that neither of them would ever forget.

"Hermione, can I speak to you?" Harry had whispered into her ear.

"Of course, what is it?"

"I mean in private..." Hermione, her interest peaked, followed Harry from the party at Hagrid's down to the Black Lake.

"Harry, what's wrong with you? You're shaking and stumbling! Are you all right? Has something happened? Is everyth…"

Harry cut her off. "Everything is fine, nothing is wrong…nothing at all." Even now he could hear his voice trembling. He had been through many nerve wrecking situations throughout his life, including his near death experience in his final battle with Voldemort, but Harry had never been as never as he was at that very moment. "Hermione, we've been together for two years now and you know that I love you so much. You are my life and you are my heart. We've shared so much together. We've been best friends for seven years. You were the first person that I ever loved…and I want you to be the last."

"Oh…Harry…"

"Let me finish. There will never been anyone that I'll love as much as I love you and…ugh! Words can't describe what I feel." He placed her hand on his heart. "You have my heart in your hands and now you have to decide what you will do with it." With that, Harry began to kneel. Hermione began to cry, but only slightly so that she wasn't disruptive. "Hermione Granger, will you do me the honor of becoming my world, my soul, and my heart? Will you marry me?"

Hermione watched as Harry whirled his wand around her hand and conjured a beautiful amethyst and diamond ring that fit perfectly on her finger. Astonished by what had just happened, she let out a small whimper. After a long pause Harry spoke. "Mione, you kind of need to say something!"

"YES! Yes, Harry Potter I will marry you!" Harry was tearful with excitement and they embraced and kissed fiercely. It was later that night in Harry's new condo in Hogsmeade that he and Hermione had agreed that they wanted a family together…starting right then. There on the condo floor in front of a blue flame fireplace they made love as the night wore into morning and the sun dawned a new day.

"Well, we don't want to be late to our own wedding rehearsal now do we? I've already pulled the car around. Too bad the doctor said that you shouldn't Disapparate when pregnant!" Harry smiled slightly.

"It wouldn't bother me, maybe I can Disapparate and leave this baggage behind!" Hermione had just reached the bottom of the stairs and was now walking toward Harry. She leaned in for a quick kiss as she passed, but immediately Harry grabbed her waist and kissed her passionately.

"You'll always be beautiful to me." At that time Harry felt something wet slightly lower than his hand. "Damn, does one kiss from me turn you on that much?! I'm good!" However, Harry's gloating was stopped short by the look of panic on Hermione's face.

"Harry, I'm not wet from your kiss, you pervert! My water just broke!!"

"What?! It's time now?! But the rehearsal…?"

"Fuck the rehearsal, we have to go NOW!" Harry sat staring at Hermione for a second, not sure what to do. "I said NOW, Harry!" In an instant Harry cast a levitation charm on Hermione to help her to the car.

"We'll have to go to a Muggle hospital, it's the closest and in your condition we don't have much of a choice!"

"That's fine, let's just go!" The drive to Self-Memorial of London was about 10-15 minutes and Harry was driving as fast as he could safety drive. As he was driving it suddenly dawned on him that in a couple of hours he was going to be a father! Oh, how he had begged Hermione to find out if the baby was a boy or a girl but she insisted on letting it be a surprise. He was overjoyed and scared all at the same time.

"How are you doing, Mione?" Harry asked louder than he had intended.

"I'm fine at the moment but the faster we get there the…AHH!!" Hermione was having a contraction.

"Are you ok?! What's wrong?!" Harry swerved the car, barely dodging the fire hydrant on the right side of the street.

"Contractions are getting closer…just drive!" Soon they were at the hospital. Harry whipped out his wand to cast another levitation spell, but just then Hermione yelled for him to stop. Harry, caught in all the excitement, had forgotten that they were at a Muggle hospital.

"Stay here, I'm going to grab a wheel-chair." He returned in a split second with a wheel chair and two nurses. Upon seeing Hermione they immediately sprung into action.

The next thing that Harry knew the doctor was handing him scrubs to put on for the delivery room. "You look like a fit young man, but be warned: when she starts having closer contractions even strength can't withstand the pain she might inflict upon you!" With that, the doctor let out a small laugh and he and Harry went to the delivery room.

When they entered Harry could see that Hermione was already in birthing position and panting. Her curly brown hair was hanging in her face and she was sweating profusely already. "How are you doing?"

"WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME?!" Harry could barely make out what Hermione had said through the screaming.

"It'll be over soon…" Just then Harry gave Hermione his hand and she looked at him with knowing eyes. She felt safer now that he was holding her. This is our child, she thought, I've been waiting for this all my life. Another second and her contractions grew closer together.

Harry felt a searing pain run up his arm and he noticed that Hermione was squeezing his hand with all of her might. Her face looked as red as Fawke's feathers and she was straining and pushing. "Just a few more big pushes," the doctor was saying.

"Oh…Harry! I can'ttttttt!!!"

"C'mon Mione just a little more!" Finally with one more big push, Hermione let out a sigh of relief. The baby was out and crying as loud as a mandrake! The doctor approached Harry and asked if he would like to cut the umbilical cord. Excited, Harry said yes and when the doctor brought the baby over to him and Hermione, he froze. Time stood still for the two of them as they gazed upon their child, their creation. Even though it was messy, they thought it was the most beautiful little creature they had ever seen in their lives. Slowly, Harry cut the cord and the doctor gently handed to the baby to him. Harry just stood there, eyes filled with tears, holding his baby boy. He was speechless.

"Ok Daddy, let his mommy see him!" Harry handed the newborn to Hermione and the two of them cried together staring at their son. "Oh, he has your beautiful green eyes, Harry!" Indeed, the baby did have Harry's eyes.

"Let's just hope that he is as smart as you!" Harry barely managed to talk through the lump in his throat. This was the beginning of the family that Harry and Hermione had always dreamed of together. "What should we name him? Harry Potter, Jr?!"

"No! I was thinking that we would name him Jillian because of your parents."

"My parents?"

"Yes, James for your father and Lillian for you mother. Jillian." Harry's eyes filled with tears once more. Jillian Potter.

"Welcome to the world, Jillian!"

Harry looked at his new son, then to his fiancée and for the first time in his life, he knew that he would never be happier and suddenly missing their rehearsal dinner wasn't such a bad thing.

-->


-->