Unofficial Portkey Archive

HULK by Classic Cowboy
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

HULK

Classic Cowboy

Chapter 2: The Return of Umbridge

---

I do know that for the sympathy of one living being, I would make peace with all. I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.

- The Creature (Frankenstein 1994)

---

"Well that was interesting …" Harry sighed rubbing his eyes, as he, Ron, and Hermione walked out of the potions classroom. "What ever I said must have really upset him. Snape isn't even acknowledging me before taking points anymore."

Hermione looked down sadly not saying a word as Ron shook his head, "You have no idea …"

They looked at the still blocked off lavatory, it would remain sealed until Crabb and Goyle's bodies are removed from the stone wall. How they got driven so far into the solid stone walls was a question even to Professor Dumbledore. All evidence seemed to point to a Mountain Troll loose in Hogwarts, but how could any troll strong enough to drive two young men the size of Crabb and Goyle five feet through solid stone, and level a bathroom, just disappear?

They then continued on to the Gryffindor Commons room, "Any luck remembering what happened, Harry?" Ron asked as they stopped before Fat Lady.

"Not a single memory," Harry shook his head, and then looked up at the painting, "Mr. Fixit," Harry recited the password and the painting swung open.

"I'm telling you, Luna," The three heard Ginny's voice, "There is no such thing as a Hulk, and it is definitely not here at Hogwarts!"

The three teens spotted Ginny sitting on a couch of the commons room, and the Ravenclaw student, Luna Lovegood, setting across from her, with her nose set in the tabloid news paper, the Quibbler. "I know what I know, Virginia," said Luna, not even looking up from her paper, "there is such a thing as the Hulk and it is at Hogwarts."

"Are you aloud to be in here, Luna?" Hermione asked sternly, in her 'Prefect' mode.

"Yes, Professor McGonagall," Luna smirked, "any student is aloud in any commons room as long as they are invited by a student in said house. Only rules are no student from outside the house are aloud in the dorm rooms or aloud in or to remain in the commons rooms after curfew."

"Oh …" Hermione said, backing away, with a faint blush.

"Don't worry, Hermione," Luna said shutting the paper, "I'm about to leave anyway. Goodnight Virginia, Harry, …Ronald," She said blushing brightly on Ron's name. The Gryffindor teens watched as Luna trotted out of the commons room, her oversized earrings bouncing as she went.

"I don't like her," Hermione stated crossing her arms as the door closed.

"She's not that bad," Ginny said standing and rubbing the wrinkles from her robes.

"Are those you're good robes?" Ron asked eyeing her carefully, "Makeup? Hair curled? Where are you going? Who are you going with?"

"The flavor of the week," teased Harry, giving Ginny a wink.

"You boys are horrible!" Ginny exclaimed, "But if you must know it is Sebastian, I am going to have an evening picnic with tonight."

"Sebastian?" Ron questioned, "Sebastian Banks? Ginny, he's a Slytherin! I forbid it!"

"Ron, you're overreacting," Hermione smiled, sitting next to the red in the face Ginny, "Personally I am proud of Ginny's new outgoing personality she's developed, and you should be too."

"But … but … but …" stuttered Ron, as Harry sat down on the other side of Ginny.

"She's just going to have dinner with him, it's not like she's going to run off and elope." Harry smiled as Ron as he sat down roughly, "I surrender, but if he so much as hurts you in any way, I will hex him until he can no longer walk in a straight line."

"Thank you, big brother," Ginny chirped, as she jumped up and kissed Ron on the cheek, "I better go, I don't want to keep Bastion waiting!"

Ron watched her run off, and then looked down with a sigh, "She's going to be the death of me …" Ron groaned as Harry stood up and started toward the dorm room. "Where are you off to?"

"Get my cloak so I can keep an eye on her," Harry said, sticking his thumb toward the dorm rooms.

"Good idea!" Ron said standing up, "Lets go,"

"Oh no you don't Mr. Weasley," Hermione said sternly, "You have Prefect responsibilities."

"But, if that's true, I shouldn't let Harry leave with the invisible cloak or Ginny leave for her date!" Ron complained.

"Harry leaving with the invisible cloak? Date? I don't know what you're talking about, Ron," said Hermione, with a wink toward Harry who was already on his way out with the cloak.

--

"Where did they go?" Harry asked no one in particular as he wondered around outside the walls of Hogwarts, "They've got to be around here somewhere!" He then heard a loud scream, "GINNY!" He cried throwing off the invisible cloak and dashing toward the scream.

Harry found them at the base of a large tree by the lake, and the scene he saw made his blood boil. Ginny was now only wearing her skirt, and bra, the shirtless Sebastian had her pinned to the ground. And on the Slytherin's forearm was the mark of a Deatheater.

"You really shouldn't seen my mark, Ginny," Sebastian said, unaware of Harry's presence, "I hate to do this to such a beautiful girl, but …" He said as he brought his hands around her throat to strangle her.

"GET OFF HER!!!" Harry cried throwing himself on the larger teenager.

Sebastian kicked Harry off him, jerked out his wand, and aimed it at Harry, "Petrificus Totalus!" He cast, and Harry found his body frozen, "I've always wanted to kill with an audience, you stay right there," Sebastian smirked, "I'll take care of you in a moment. Now my darling Ginny, now that you know that I'm a Deatheater, it's time to die," he said turning back to the girl, and slowly started walking toward her, "I've been looking forward to a chance to try the Killing Curse, now here it is."

Harry felt his rage growing and then he felt it coming again, what he felt that day in the lavatory. He felt the energy beginning to flood his body, his muscles burned, and his scar felt as though it was on fire. He began to feel his clothing grow tighter and tighter and his mind grow fuzzier and fuzzier to the point all he could think about was saving Ginny and stopping Sebastian.

"Oh my … oh my god … Harry?" Ginny whimpered from looking past the approaching Sebastian.

"Harry can't help you now, Gin-" Sebastian started but then gasped in pain as a large green fist clamped down on his shoulder.

"HULK SMASH!!!" a deep voice behind him cried as Sebastian felt himself lifted off the ground. He then felt himself fly through the air and bounce along the ground.

Sebastian sat up and shook his head steadying himself, he felt like his shoulder and arm was broken. But all pain was forgotten when he looked and saw what was looking down on him. It stood a massive nine foot six inches and was covered in massive muscles under neon green skin. Its shaggy hair blew across its human-like face revealing a lightening bolt scar on its forehead.

"Ginny friend," It growled as its face contorted in rage, "You hurt Ginny. So, me hurt you … worse."

"What are you?" Sebastian choked out, as he pulled his wand, "STUPEFY!!" He cried as the spell hit the beast directly on its bare chest, but it only roared angrily and appeared to grow even bigger.

"You hurt Ginny," I growled louder, "Hulk make you pay!" It cried and it lunged at him as fast as lightening. Its massive green hand wrapped completely around Sebastian's head, and picked him up as a child would a rag doll. The hulking giant then brought Sebastian's body up and swung him as a whip making his neck make a loud cracking sound then a equally sickening thud as it hit the ground. Then reared back, and slung his body a good three hundred feet into the lake.

The beast then turned and slowly walked toward the terrified Ginny. The cause of its rage gone, the beast slowly began to shrink till it became Harry once again. Harry took a deep breath and then dropped to his hands and knees gasping for air.

"H-Harry?" Ginny whimpered before climbing to her feet and slowly walking toward Harry, "Harry … what … what happened… what was that?"

"Did … did it hurt you?" Harry asked sitting back, his once fitting pants now terribly baggy.

"No it saved me …" Ginny said, squatting next to him, "but … but I think it killed Sebastian …"

"Ginny, was he a Deatheater?" Harry asked looking at her, then quickly looking away with a bright blush from seeing her almost topless.

Ginny, becoming self-conscious, covered herself with her arms, "I didn't know till the picnic got … a little heated, then I saw the mark and I screamed… then you showed up and turned into … into that Hulk and fought, no slaughtered him."

"I wish it wouldn't kill …" Harry whispered, trembling slightly.

"What … what was that?" Ginny asked eyeing her former crush, now practically her brother, worriedly.

"I don't know, but people's started calling it the Hulk, so that's something …" Harry explained with a weak smile, "I … I started last week, the first change came right after Neville splashed a vial of Trigalicerium in my face. It's broken free five, six, I don't know maybe even seven times since then. I think Trigalicerium did something to what ever Voldemort did to me when I was a baby. But what ever the reason, whenever I get extremely angry I … I turn into that you just saw. That's the only thing I can figure out that could of cause this." He sighed, resting his face in his hands, "Bloody hell, I don't even know what it is! It might not even have anything to do with that! Maybe I'm just some cosmic joke. Yes that's it, lets see what Harry Potter can take, lets put some more on his shoulders and watch for him to buckle!" he said, punching the ground.

"I'm sorry," she said, placing a hand on his shoulder, "That is possible reason. Trigalicerium is the main ingredient for almost all emotion effecting potions, that would explain why the change is triggered when you're angry."

"You've been around 'Mione too long," said Harry with a weak smile, "She better watch out, her title as the most intelligent witch may up for grabs." He complimented.

"Have you told Professor Dumbledore yet?" Ginny asked, changing the subject with a slight blush crossing her cheeks at his comment.

"No, he has enough on him with Voldemort and the Order of the Phoenix," Harry said emotionlessly.

"Hermione, Hermione will know what to do!" Ginny said excitedly.

"No I don't want to worry her, she's got enough on her trying to earn Head Girl next year," Harry shook his head, "I don't want to be a burden to anyone else, not anymore."

"Harry, you're no burden, and Hermione likes worrying about you!" Ginny said gripping his arm, "Besides, this is important, Harry, you … it just killed Sebastian, like life meant nothing to it … when it did that … it was … it was so scary … Harry what happens if Dracobaby or someone rubs you the wrong way in the great hall around everyone? Do you think you have enough control to keep it from coming out there?"

"I … I don't know," Harry sighed looking down sadly, "Wait, what did you mean by Hermione likes worrying about me? And … Dracobaby??"

"That doesn't matter," Ginny said shaking her head, hiding the blush, "Harry, you must get help with that. There has to be a way to reverse that, or at least gain some control!"

"I've been looking," Harry snapped, but then took a breath to calm down, "but there has never been a case like mine, ever. I even snuck into the restricted section, and nothing, all I know to do is try to not get angry. And I figured that out by blowing up a few broom closets and up rooting a few trees from the Forbidden Forest. It only happens when I get extremely angry. So if I don't get angry, I don't lose control. Might as well give up and learn to live with this …"

"You can't give up, but I do think you need to at least tell Hermione. She always knows what to do. But I won't tell her so don't worry about that, though. It would be best coming from you," Ginny said, reaching for her robe and placing it over his shoulders, "Can you stand?"

Harry tried to stand up but stumbled, Ginny shot under one of his arms, and steadied him, "I'm sorry," He whispered, "the change takes a lot out of me …"

"It's ok," whispered Ginny, blushing at their closeness, "You know, a couple of years ago I would've died to be in a position like this."

"Not now?" Harry asked curiously as the two slowly made their way to the castle, "What changed your mind?"

"Just before my fourth year," Ginny whispered, "The night before we all met at the Order's Headquarters, Hermione and I had a long talk. It lasted all night."

"What about?" Harry asked, helping her open the back door to Gryffindor Tower.

"She'll tell you," Ginny smiled, "sooner or later."

The two slowly made their way up to the common room, easily dodging any witnesses.

"Easy, Harry," Ginny whispered, as she helped Harry up through the seemingly Gryffindor common room. She then helped him up the stairs to the dormitory, not knowing that a pair of cinnamon eyes was watching their every movement from the couch by the fireplace.

--

The next morning Ron was eating his breakfast happily at the Gryffindor Tower, when Hermione came stomping in and threw herself down next to him, "Ron, we have to talk," She said boldly, "it's about Ginny."

"What about her, Hermione?" Ron asked taking a bite of eggs.

"Her outgoing personality is getting far out of hand," Hermione said, sounding like a young McGonagall, "You must put a stop to it, immediately!"

Before Ron could respond, Harry, Ginny, and Luna came in and sat down before them. "Good morning, guys," said Harry, taking a pancake. "What's up?"

"Nothing much, Harry," said Hermione with a smile, "I got a letter from Victor this morning." She said proudly, while watching him carefully.

"You did?" Ron asked in confusion, and then grunted as Hermione brought her hill down hard on his foot, "OUCH! Yes you did!"

"May I have your attention, students," Professor Dumbledore said cutting off the conversation, "I have news of the utmost importance. I am sure everyone has heard rumors of a beast called the Hulk roaming the halls of Hogwarts. I am here to reassure you that there is nothing to worry about." He then looked directly at Harry, "But the Ministry of Magic has sent a representative, Professor Umbridge, to investigate the rumors. If anyone has any information, any at all, please step up to Professor Umbridge or myself at your earliest convenience. Thank you, that is all."

Professor Umbridge then stood up, "Thank you, Professor Dumbledore. Hello students, I'm sure you have all missed me as much as I've missed you," She said pausing for the groans, "I have no doubt that this Hulk is nothing but a figment of someone's imagination and I will prove this post haste, until then I look forward to spending some more time with each of you."

"This is getting better … and better … and better …" Harry sighed rubbing the back of his hand were the remnants of the scar she gave him remained. 'I've got to find a to stop this … now …' he thought looking up at Umbridge's triumphant gaze.

Harry then stood to his feet, "Harry, where are you going?" Hermione asked, eyeing him worriedly.

"I just don't want to be in the same room as her right now," He said thumbing toward Professor Umbridge, "she gets on my nerves, so I'm going to go on and get to Charms class early." He said, then turning toward the door.

"Don't let your temper get the best of you, Harry," Ginny said seriously.

"So, Ginny," said Hermione icily, "what happened last night? Forget our conversation summer before last?"

"What are you talking about, Hermione?" Ginny asked, cocking her head to the side in confusion.

"Nothing," She snapped, "Now if you'll excuse me, I must go to the Library."

Ginny and Ron then looked at each other as she left the table, "What was that about?" Ginny asked her elder brother.

"I don't know," Ron shrugged, "They're both nutters if you ask me."

--

Harry made his way toward Fat Lady and, just behind her, the Gryffindor common room, when a voice from behind him stopped him cold, "Does the Mudblood let her Lapdog just roam around free? That isn't very responsible," Draco Malfoy smirked walking around in front of Harry.

"Just leave me alone, Malfoy, please," Harry pleaded, "It's for your own good …"

"Listen here, Potter," Draco shot, "I told you I would make you pay for what you did to my father, and I'm here to make you pay up, right now!"

"Don't make me angry, Malfoy," warned Harry, "you won't like me when I'm angry."

"Don't make me laugh, Potter," Draco laughed, "You-Know-Who will owe me after I am finished with you."

Harry felt his anger rising but before it could hit the breaking point, "Mr. Malfoy, If you would excuse yourself," Professor Dumbledore said walking toward the teenaged boys, "I would like to have a private conversation with Mr. Potter,"

"Yes, Professor," Draco said, giving Harry one last smirk before walking off.

"Do not mind him, son," Dumbledore said resting a hand on Harry's shoulder, I'll get straight to the point though, so as not to hinder you, Harry. I just would like to know if you know anything, anything at all, concerning this 'Hulk'?"

"No, Professor," Harry said looking away, "I don't know anything about it …" It wasn't necessarily a lie.

"Are you sure?" Dumbledore said, his eye boring into Harry's emerald pools, "Very well, I apologize for the inconvenience, I shall see you later, Harry," Dumbledore said, turning to walk a way but stopped suddenly, "And Harry … mind that temper, sometimes you can be … quite uncontrollable."

"Yes Professor," Harry nodded, feeling his insides tighten in distress and his mind wondering if Dumbledore truly is psychic.

To Be Continued …

C. Cowboy: Well I can't say much without giving away the story so I'll just say thanks to Xavien for Beta Reading and to everyone who read don't forget to drop me a review! TTFN Ta-ta for now!

Next Chapter: Beauty and the Beast