Unofficial Portkey Archive

All Hands On Deck by dumbles
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

All Hands On Deck

dumbles

Title: All Hands On Deck

Rating: PG-13 (some coarse language)

Summary: Draco and Ginny's volatile relationship has ended and neither quite knows what to do. So whilst Ginny sulks, Draco plans a solo world trip. Will Ginny be able to realise what she's about to lose? Or will she abandon ship and let Draco sink without her?

Authors Notes: This is my first D/G fic so be kind. Started this many moons ago, just after OotP I think- can't quite remember. Just finished it and so I'm posting it all now :D No waiting for updates for this one- I'm posting it at once because it's easier for me with my schedule.

All hands on deck

Don't abandon the ship

You'll never know what could have been

All hands on deck

My ship is sinking

Don't let me go

Don't let me drown

All Hand On Deck: Waking Ashland Memories Of You…

It was summer. The school year was almost over, again. The flowers around the grounds of Hogwarts were in full bloom and the last Quidditch match of the year was approaching.

Only two students seemed to not be bothered by the upcoming match, despite the fact that one of them was the captain of the Gryffindor team. Ginny and Hermione were hunkered down in the very back corner of the Prefect Common Room, frantically revising. Hermione's NEWT exams were beginning on the Monday, as were Ginny's sixth year exams.

The door to the common room banged open and Hermione slammed her books shut. Draco Malfoy had arrived and she was not staying one moment longer than she needed to.

'C'mon, Gin,' she said, shoving her books back into her bag.

'I'm right thanks,' Ginny said evenly. Hermione looked like she was going to say something, but at the last minute changed her mind and swept out of the room.

Ginny kept her eyes on her books for a few more moments, before getting up and heading over to the windowsill where they kept a jug of water and pouring herself a goblet full. She was raising the glass to her lips when a hand as white as snow took it from her and placed it back on the windowsill. She looked up, her heart beating wildly as she stared into Draco's grey eyes.

'Alone,' she said, smiling. 'Finally.'

'Ginny,' he whispered hoarsly. She said nothing, just allowed herself to be carried away in his…

'GINNY!'

Ginny opened her eyes and almost screamed out in frustration. Her bathwater had gone cold around her and Hermione had just interrupted her day dream. Again.

'Ginny, unlock the bloody door or I'll get Ron!' Hermione bellowed. Smirking to herself, Ginny climbed out of the bathtub and began to dry herself off as Hermione stomped around in the hallway.

'Don't do it, Ginny,' Luna's dreamy voice said quietly. 'She's gone to get Ronald.'

Ginny ignored Luna as well- she didn't know why Hermione got so uptight when she took a few moments and had a quiet bath. She realised she had been in there for several hours, but Hermione should just chill out.

'Gin, open the door,' Ron said quietly, making Ginny smirk again as she pulled on her pyjama's. 'I'm giving you until the count of three! One- two-'

Ginny opened the door and looked at the crowd gathered in the small hallway.

'Can't a girl have a bath?' She said, pushing her way through them and into her bedroom.

~*~

'I'm worried about her,' Hermione said a few moments later in the kitchen. Ron, Luna, Neville and Harry were seated around the kitchen table, sipping Butterbeers. Only Hermione was on her feet, pacing in circles around the kitchen.

'Why?' Harry asked and the others breathed a sigh of relief. Harry was the only one who would ask Hermione questions like that.

'She shouldn't be acting like this! It's-' she paused to give her words impact. 'Malfoy!'

No one said a word. They were all thinking the same thing.

Ginny and Draco's romance had been discovered in the dying days of the older members final year at Hogwarts. It had come as quite a nasty shock, but they had adjusted quickly. The year after they all left, Harry, Ron and Hermione moved into the house together and every weekend Ginny and Draco would come and stay. And in that year they had broken up five times, only to be back together by the following weekend. And that pattern stayed the same for the next two years after Ginny finished at Hogwarts and she and Luna moved in. Every few days they would fight and every few weeks they'd break up.

The cycle had finally ended a month ago, with Ginny pushing him out the front door for the final time. She had cried for a week and ever since then had taken to locking herself in the bathroom for hours on end.

'Hermione, she just broke up with him. Give her time,' Harry said, getting up and wrapping his arms around her waist to stop her from pacing.

'I just- I just worry, alright?' She replied, more to Harry than the others, leaning back and resting her head on his shoulder. 'I'll give her time.'

'She might not have time,' Neville said suddenly, in a voice that they hadn't heard since their first year- timid and almost like he didn't want to say anything.

'What!' The others all said at once, Ron and Luna jumping to their feet.

'I- I didn't say this, alright? I'm breaking the law here…'