Unofficial Portkey Archive

Spring Love by AquamarineCrystal
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Spring Love

AquamarineCrystal

A/N: Hey everyone. Here's just a little short, fluffy, one-shot based on a journal entry I wrote last year on spring. I know this type of story has been done literally millions of times, but hey, what's H/HR without a little cliché? Plus, I've been extremely bored lately what with not having school for the past two days due to the major flooding occurring in my area. (The Floods of 06, as the media is dubbing them, in New England.) Luckily, my area is okay but others, well, let's just say they don't look too good. I don't think I've ever seen it rain this long before. We got almost a foot of rain! And I've never known there to be school cancellations due to rain up here before. Snow, yes, plenty, but rain? Wow, this is a once in a life time experience. Anyways, enough with my rambling!

FYI, it's told in Hermione's POV. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I do not own anything here. J.K. Rowling does!

Rating: PG-13

P.S. No Half-Blood-Prince spoilers here. I prefer to think that book never happened most of the time.

**

Spring. Such a simple, poignant word. It may only consist of only one short syllable but the actual meaning behind it is that of the season it represents. It's not quite winter, and it's not quite summer. Just as the word is not quite cold, but also not quite warm.

It's the season of renewal, the season of change. Nature that has been dead for nearly six months suddenly "springs" to life to participate in summer. Bursts of green flow out of tree branches and strings of color sprout out of the ground in forms of flowers. Animals others thought were lost slowly creep out of hiding while birds soar through the sky in symmetrical formations once again.

I've always loved the season of spring. Ever since I was a little girl, I would always yearn for the leaves to jump out of their buds on the trees, and for the flowers to spring up from the ground. During the long, cold winter, I would covet for the warm sunny weather to replace the harsh ice winds.

When I came to Hogwarts, of course, none of these feelings changed. I would still pray for spring to come as soon as possible, even if I did not always express this wish to my friends. They just interpreted my sudden enthusiastic behavior as one related to the upcoming exams.

Now, as I cram by body into my Head Girl's dormitory window seat, I stare out into the picturesque landscape of the castle grounds, secretly marveling at the way the young tree leaves are swaying gently in the wind, and the sparkling blue color of the lake in the distance as the sun beats down on it.

Suddenly the creaking of my bedroom door brings me out of my spring-induced trance. Whipping my head around, I smile as I notice who the intruder is.

"Hey Harry," I greet my best friend, dubbed the "Boy-Who-Saved" by the media just two months ago when he finally defeated Lord Voldemort. Of course, to me, he will always remain just Harry.

"Hey," the Head Boy replies as he turns around briefly to close the door behind him.

"Here," I pat the space next to me. "Come sit down."

"Thanks," Harry mutters as he does just that.

We sit in silence for a few minutes, lost in our own thoughts. I can't tell for once what he's mulling over, but I know perfectly well what's running through my mind.

Ever since fifth year, I've started to feel something for my raven-haired best friend. Before, I thought my feelings of affection were aimed at Ron, who I know for I fact fancies me. Anger raged through me during the Yule Ball when he didn't ask me right away and instead tried to use me as a last resort. That night, I ran to my dormitory in tears, asking myself why Ron had to be such an idiot and why couldn't he have asked me, like I wanted him to.

For the next year, while I watched Ron give out hints that he felt something for me, I told myself that I felt the same way. At first, it was quite easy, for I truly believed he was the one for me. But as time went on, it became more difficult to convince myself that I reciprocated his feelings. For, my heart seemed to be suddenly yearning for another.

Every time Harry walked into the room, my heart would give a little jump. Every time he was near me, my mind became just a little jumbled and my heart would speed up. And every time his hand, or leg, would some in contact with mine, my skin would prickle.

So, you could just imagine what I felt right now.

Seriously, I don't know what brought on these newfound feelings for Harry. Of course, it could be that he has a kinder heart than anyone I know. Or that he has grown quite handsome with his unruly jet black hair, sparkling emerald green eyes, and tall, lean frame. Or maybe still, it could be that despite my practically non-existent social status, my bookworm image, plain appearance, and feelings to stand up for things everyone else thinks are stupid, he still remains loyal to me. Frankly, though, I can't see why.

I am brought out of my musings, though, when I feel warmth surround my hand. Looking down, I realize that the source of the heat is Harry's own hand.

Slowly, I bring up my confused eyes to meet Harry's ones. Cocking my head to the side, I realize that Harry almost seems nervous about something.

"Fancy taking a walk outside?" Harry asks with a small smile.

I nod as we rise simultaneously. On an impulse, I move my hand so that my fingers lock themselves around his. This seems to reassure Harry slightly, and together, we walk through the dormitory and the rest of the castle, until we are outside in the beautiful spring day. No one else is really out yet, for it is still fairly early in the morning. The sun only rose about an hour ago.

Hands still entwined, we head over to the lake, where I notice patches of miniscule pink and purple petals dotting the border. Flashes of electric blue and sunshine yellow are also mixed in randomly.

A light breeze lifts my bushy brown locks into the air. I look over and can't help the butterflies in my stomach as I notice the wind playing with Harry's thick black hair, too.

Looking straight ahead again, I let a small sigh escape my lips. "It's such a beautiful day, isn't it?"

"Yeah, it is," Harry's eyes move around, taking in the breath-taking sights of spring. He turns his head to the side and they land on me.

"Just like you."

I freeze mid-step. Did I hear him right? He couldn't have just said that…..He wouldn't have just said…..it isn't possible…..I was beautiful?

Shaking my head, I face him so that my eyes are gazing right into his. "What?"

"You're beautiful."

Slowly, Harry is moving his face closer to mine. Time seems to cease as I tilt my head ever so slightly to the side. Harry's hand, the one that isn't holding mine, comes up to softly touch the back of my head as a miracle happens and Harry kisses me.

My eyes flutter close as I enjoy the feel of Harry's lips on mine. The kiss is soft and delicate, yet still filled with a touch of passion. After what can only be a few seconds of him kissing me, I very willingly start to kiss him back.

Suddenly, the light kiss is turning into something more. It is now filled with desperate pleads for more and a strong sense of yearning. His tongue quickly licks my lip and I greedily open my mouth, happily allowing him to enter.

We are exploring each others mouths, we are tasting each other. In mere seconds we have moved from that chastise first kiss to one that most don't experience until they are together for a very long time. Our hands have long since separated and are now tangling themselves in each other's hair, or rubbing comforting patterns on each other's backs.

Is it possible to kiss forever without breathing? Because that's what it feels like we are doing. How long have we been together like this, educating ourselves on the contents of the other's mouth and lips? Has it been five minutes? Five hours? Five days? Five years? I can not tell for time no longer seems to exist.

Finally, though, we do part, keeping our arms around each other's wastes'. Gasping and breathing heavily, my chocolate brown eyes lock with Harry's emerald orbs. Smiling vaguely, I ask, "What just happened?"

"I dunno," Harry said. "But I think we just kissed."

"Yeah, I think so too," my smile grows wider. "Do you really think I'm beautiful?"

Grinning too, Harry nods.

I shake my head in disbelief, all the while still smiling. "But I'm so plain, and so boring."

"No you're not." Harry brings a hand up to touch my cheek. "You're the most beautiful woman I know."

I blush. "But look at me, and my obsession with studying and house-elf rights, and…"

Harry cuts me off with his mouth meeting mine. Gasping again, I allow myself to get lost in the kiss.

When we come up for air again, Harry looks at me with a serious look on his face.

"Hermione, all of those things, - your enthusiastic approach to school work, your willingness to stand up for something when no one else will - they are all reasons why I love you."

Shocked, I become speechless. Blinking, to try to get out of my stupor I whisper, "What?"

"Hermione, I love you."

"You, y-you d-do?" I stutter.

Harry nods, and by looking into his eyes, I can tell that his words are genuine.

"I," a smile once again graces my features. "I love you too."

Grinning, Harry leans in for a third kiss.

"I think," I say when the kiss is complete. "It would be a good idea if we head up back to our common room."

Harry is perplexed for a moment, until he looks around and notices flocks of other students heading down from the castle to take advantage of the warm spring day. Clasping our hands together, we start to run back to the school.

Once safely back in our Head dormitory, we race up to my bedroom. Once locked in, we immediately join our lips together in another passionate kiss.

My hands tangle themselves in Harry's locks as his hands wander the full length of my back. Our tongues engage themselves in a ferocious battle.

When our mouths separate, Harry moves his lips to my ear where he gently starts nibbling. I moan slightly as I move my hands from his hair to his back.

Slowly and gently, or hands and mouths are moving to places we never dreamed of them touching. (Well, maybe I had had a few dreams in the past…) At first, we were shy but eventually we turned bold and daring.

Suddenly, his shirt is on the floor, as is mine. Both of our pants quickly follows them, along with our shoes and socks. Before we know it, we were standing before each other in our underwear. But before long, that is gone too.

Later on, I found myself doing some thinking. I could not believe that we had gone from friends, to a little something more, and then to lovers in a mere couple of hours. Has that ever happened before?

Oh well, I guess it's just another reason why I'll always love spring.

The End

**

A/N: Well, there you go. A short little plot-less one-shot that was a product of my boredom, and love of spring. Hope you enjoyed and please review ;-)


-->