Unofficial Portkey Archive

Celebrity by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Celebrity

Harrys Mistress

Okay so here's a little fluffy fic I worked on. I've been wanting to write it for awhile now and during work today I had time to do it. Things were going on too much for me to concentrate on "sleeping" and I want to make sure the next couple of updates are perfect! So I was able to write this one! It's a songfic based on Celebrity by NSYNC. A little flashback to my Nsync crazy days! Hehe. I always loved this song and thought it fit perfectly. Warning though, Ginny is not a nice person in this one. I don't think she would ever be this bad, but since I'm not a fan of her I had so much fun making her be the bad guy!

Anyway, hope you like it! Enjoy!

Celebrity

"Harry, are you even listening to me?"

"Hmm?" Harry looked up from his notes to see Ginny standing in the middle of his den, looking extremely annoyed. "What? I'm sorry Gin, did you say something?"

She huffed as she rolled her eyes. "I've been going on and on about what I should wear at the party tonight, asking for your advise and you haven't been listening."

"What party?" He asked not even caring about her dilemma.

"The party in New York," she said sitting next to him. "I told you about it. You're expected to be there. All the celebrities are."

"Ginny," he said with very little patience. "I'm not apparating overseas for some stupid party. I've got a game tomorrow." He waved his notes in front of her. "I need to study the moves of Derrek White. He's a good seeker."

"Oh come on, Harry," she said with a laugh. "You're Harry Potter. This Derrek guy doesn't stand a chance."

Harry laughed harshly. "This Derrek guy is damn good, Ginny. And what the hell does that mean? I'm Harry Potter." He gave her a disgruntled look. "I'm human for Merlin's sake, I make mistakes just as much as anybody."

"Harry, I didn't mean it like that," she cooed as she placed hand on his leg. "I just meant that you're a good seeker. Everyone knows that Harry Potter's the best seeker in the world."

"Yeah, well just because Derrek didn't happen to have a stupid prophecy about him and didn't defeat Voldemort, doesn't mean he's not a good Seeker." Harry shook his head. "Go to the party if you want to, but I'm staying here."

"But I can't get into this party without you," she whined as she snuggled up closer to him, rising her hand higher up on his thigh. "Please, baby?"

Harry grabbed her hand from his thigh and moved it off him. "I'm sorry, Ginny…I can't."

Her face turned cold as she pulled away. "Fine."

Harry sighed. "Come on, don't be mad. Why don't you stay in with me tonight? We haven't had a night at home in a long time."

"Will she be here?"

"Her name is Hermione," he snapped throwing his notes on the coffee table. "Stop calling her 'she' like she's just some girl off the street."

"You spend too much time with her, Harry," she countered back crossing her arms over her chest in a pout.

"She lives here, what do you expect?"

"Exactly my point," she said firmly. "Look Harry, I'm sure moving in with Hermione was a good idea at the time. You just graduated and the war had ended. Ron went off to marry Luna and you and I hadn't gotten together yet. Things have changed now and you should think about moving out of this place."

"Why would I do that?" Crookshanks jumped in his lap and he smiled and scratched him behind his ears. "I like it here."

"Honestly Harry, you could do so much better." She got up from the couch and walked around the small den. "I mean…the Burrow is bigger than this. Why live here when you could afford the best?"


"Just because I have a lot of money, doesn't mean I'm the kind of guy that goes and flashes it around."

Ginny let out an exasperating sigh. "All right, fine. Then move out into a simple home, then…I just don't like you living with Hermione. No girl likes the idea of their boyfriend living with another woman."

"The other woman is my best friend, Ginny." Harry shook his head as he studied her. "Let's not bring Hermione into this, she has nothing to do with it. You want me to move out and get this mansion so you could live there in luxury, is that it?"

"Of course not, I…"

"Why are you really with me?" he asked narrowing his eyes. "I mean, do you want me? Or the things I can buy you?"

Ginny's jaw dropped. "H-Harry, I…that…that's just silly!"

"If I wasn't the famous boy who lived, would you still want to be with me?" He didn't know where all this was coming from, but things started to get a little bit clearer for him. "If I didn't have the money to buy you all these expensive things…clothes, jewelry….would you still want to be my girlfriend?"

If I wasn't a celebrity
Would you be so nice to me
If I didn't have cheese like every day
Would you still wanna be with me
If I couldn't buy you diamond rings
And all those other expensive things
Would you be so into me
If I wasn't a celebrity

"How dare you!" Ginny yelled angrily as she went over to him, but jumped back when Crookshanks hissed up at her. "I…I love you, Harry. I've always loved you, you know that."

"My point exactly," Harry said carefully putting Crookshanks down so he could stand up next to her. "You've been into me before you even knew me."

"That was just a silly crush! I was just a girl!"

"I know that, but now things are different." He stepped closer until he towered over her. "I've been thinking about what makes you happy, Ginny and it isn't me. Not me alone at least. What exactly do you see when you look at me?"

Ginny opened her mouth, but then closed it not knowing what to say. "I…I can't say I know what you mean, I…you're Harry. I see my boyfriend, Harry."

"No, you see your celebrity boyfriend, Harry Potter, not Harry. Never just Harry." His eyes narrowed as he pointed a finger at her. "And I swear to god, Ginny if you call me a celebrity one more time, I'm going to be pissed off."

"But you are a celebrity, Harry!" she shot back throwing up her hands. "I know you don't like it sometimes, but it's just who you are!"

"I don't like it at all!" he shouted back. "If you know anything about me, you'd realize how much I hate being in the spotlight. Seriously, Ginny what's the deal here? I thought your crush on the famous Harry Potter was over when we started dating back in sixth year…I thought you wanted me for who I was. Am I wrong?"

She didn't say anything, just stared up at him in shock. She shook her head as she tried to form words, but nothing seemed to come out.


Lately I've been doing a little thinking 'bout the things that satisfy you
It's making me wonder 'bout the things that you see in me
I hate the way you like to say your man's a celebrity
Baby what's the deal, I thought you wanted me for me

"Talk to me Ginny, don't play these games with me," Harry said as he took her by her arms and shook her slightly. "You won't get close to me…you keep pushing me away. Not physically, but emotionally. I don't have time for these games with you, I need to know how you feel about me. About me. Not Harry Potter."

You gotta say what you mean
You gotta mean what you say
'Cause you keep pushin' me away
'Cause I ain't got no time to play, so I say

If I wasn't a celebrity
Would you be so nice to me
If I didn't have cheese like every day
Would you still wanna be with me
If I couldn't buy you diamond rings
And all those other expensive things
Would you be so into me
If I wasn't a celebrity

Celebrity, celebrity, celebrity....

"This…This is just ridiculous." Ginny grabbed her purse. "I don't have to stand here and take your accusations. I'm your girlfriend, you shouldn't treat me like this. I'll be at the Burrow and once you calm down then maybe if you apologize for your rudeness, I m just might forgive you."

She let out a high pitch sound as she flipped her hair dramatically around and stormed off. Harry winced when she slammed the door then sighed as he collapsed back on the couch, closing his eyes with his head tipped back. "She's going to give me an ulcer."

"Who is?"

Harry peeked an eye open to see Hermione walking into the den with a bag of Cheetos. "My girlfriend, that's who." He patted the cushion next to him. "Get over here so I can munch on those, too."

Hermione smiled as she plopped next to him and offered him the bag. "Ginny trouble?" she asked as he dug in for a handful.

"Yeah," he sighed as he started to snack. "I've just been noticing some things about her. I really thought she liked me for who I was…you know, not just the famous Harry Potter. I figured she got over that a long time ago."

"She never really got over it," she said shaking her head. "She'll always see you as Harry Potter."

"I knew that." He gave a little shrug and popped in another Cheeto. "Sort of. She's kind of gotten out of hand, she's not the girl I knew anymore."

"You need to talk to her." Hermione rolled the bag up and set it aside. "I mean…if you really think she's only into you because of your money and fame, then you need to find out. You don't deserve that, Harry, you need to find someone who loves you for who you are."

"That's impossible," he groaned in frustration. "I don't think a girl like that exists."

Hermione gave him a sly smile. "Sure she does." She then leaned over and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "You just have to know where to look."

Harry stared up at her blankly as she gave him a wink and stood up from the couch. "Hermione, wait…" He reached out and grabbed her hand and tugged her closer to him. "Are you saying…"

"I'm saying go and talk to her." She gave him a friendly hand squeeze. "You'll figure the rest out on your own."

Harry turned around and watched her walk out of the den and disappear down the hall to her bedroom. Did she mean herself? He knew she loved him for who he was, he never doubted that, but did she love him in that way? Did he love her that way?

He turned back around and let out a sigh. He was so confused. One minute he thought he was happy with Ginny, the next he felt like things were all wrong between them. Then Hermione goes and puts another thought into his head, something he never really thought much about. Hermione was his best friend. She was always his best friend, he never thought of her as anything else.

He loved her. Of course he loved her, how could he not? She was always there for him from the very beginning. Out of everyone he knew, Harry always seemed to be comfortable around her. He was able to tell Hermione anything. He always thought it was just because she was his truest and best friend, but what if it was something more? What if they were meant for something more then just best friends?

He shook his head as he stood up. "I can't think about that right now," he told himself as he grabbed his cloak and made his way out of the flat. He needed to square things with Ginny once and for all.

XXX

Ginny was at the Burrow like she said she would be. He found her in her room, lounging on her bed like she was the bloody queen of England. She was filing her nails and didn't even look up when he walked in. "Well, that was quick." She paused and blew on her nails. "You can start apologizing anytime now."

"I didn't come to apologize." Harry slammed the door causing her to jump in alarm. "I came to set things straight."

Ginny scowled. "If you didn't come to apologize then get out."

"I don't think so," he said as he folded his arms across his chest. "Sorry I interrupted your very important nail filing. Glad you're having a good time living it up as my boyfriend and all."

Ginny rolled her eyes. "Oh please, this is getting a little out of hand, Harry."

"Is it?" He shook his head. "I don't think so. You know, I'm a whole lot less rich since I've dated you. Always buying things, spending my money left and right."

"It's not like you don't have it to spend, Harry," Ginny sighed as she got up from the bed and sauntered over to him. "Five thousand galleons is like a penny to you. If your not going to spend money on your girlfriend, then who else?"

"Ginny, I don't mind buying things for my girlfriend every once and awhile. I also would understand maybe if you had a job…if you did something with your life other than sit around doing your nails. You haven't worked a hard day in your life, Ginny! Get your shit together, I'm not going to take care of you anymore."

I'm glad that you are having a good time livin' the life that I've laid out for me
Constantly splurging, spending my money on everything you see
It would be different if you had something
Maybe like a J-O-B
You need to get your thing together, yeah

Ginny's face softened and the tears appeared. "Harry, please," she begged softly as she tried to reach out for him, but Harry backed off. "I…I love you, it isn't about your fame, I promise."

"Oh come off it, Ginny!" he yelled so loudly Ginny's eyes widened in fright. "You are so full of it! Stop lying, you know it is, you know that's all you see in me. If I was just some average guy on the street, you wouldn't have given me a second look."

You gotta stop runnin' games, sayin'
It ain't about my fame
'Cause you know if things weren't this way
You'd be gone a long time ago, so I say

If I wasn't a celebrity
Would you be so nice to me
If I didn't have cheese like every day
Would you still wanna be with me
If I couldn't buy you diamond rings
And all those other expensive things
Would you be so into me
If I wasn't a celebrity

"Harry, that's not true," she said shaking her head. "I've been there for you…I fought with you at the final battle. I…I just want to spend a normal happy life with you."

"If you really loved me, Ginny, you should try to show me that it's not about who I am. It's all lies. Your tears, your pleas…it's just a plan to try to fool me. It's worked…for the year we've been together, you definitely fooled me. But not anymore."

Ginny shook her head. "No. You have to believe me, I know you love me, Harry. We're too good together, there's no one else better for you than me."

Hermione's face flashed in his mind and he felt his heart actually skip a beat. "Yes," he said as he started to smile. "Yes there is."

Ginny placed a hand over her mouth looking at him in shock. "What?" she whispered.

"She had been there all along." He laughed as he gave a slight shrug. "She loves me. She loves me for me. What else can a guy ask for?"

"Harry…you can't…" She turned away placing her hand on her forehead as if she was confused. "You can't mean Hermione."

"Of course I mean Hermione," he said now laughing so hard he had to bend over. "Oh man, am I stupid. There she was right in front of my nose."

"Harry please," she said going over to him and shaking him. "Snap out of it, you can't do this to me. I need you too much."

"You don't need me," Harry said grabbing her hands and giving them a pat. "Just find some sucker with money and your golden." He then kissed her cheek and grinned at her stunned face. "See ya."

If you really loved me, you'd try and show me that it ain't even about my name
But you try to use me, you lie to fool me
So it can never be the same
So now I'm leaving you behind
I've found somebody who can love me for me
And that's all I need, yeah

Harry rushed back to his flat as quickly as possible, flying through the door and throwing his cloak on the floor as he ran back to the bedrooms. He didn't even knock when he got to Hermione's room, he just let himself in not caring if she would get mad.

She was on the bed reading a book. She looked up, smiled, and he was lost. She had his heart. She always did.

"Harry, are you okay?"

"Yeah," he said as he continued to look at her. His heart was practically racing.

"Did you talk to Ginny?"

"Yeah."

"Did you figure things out?"

"Yeah."

Hermione let out a laugh. "Can you say or do anything but say 'yeah'?"

Harry went over to the edge of the bed, crawling up until his body loomed above his. He took her book away from her hands tossing it aside, before he leaned down and pressed his lips to hers. She let out a high pitch sound from the back of her throat and then sighed and her whole body went slack. He kissed her softly, nibbling at her lips before gliding his tongue deep into her mouth.

Harry pulled away slightly, their lips inches apart as their warm breath collided. "Yeah," he said finally answering her question.

Hermione smiled slowly. "That's good," she said reaching up to cup his face with her hands. "Our future conversations will be a lot more interesting."

He smiled and then kissed her again, this time a little longer and a little bit faster. He let his weight press her down in the mattress as he ran his mouth down her neck. "Hermione?" he whispered against his ear."

Hermione arched against him as her fingers got lost in his hair. "Yes?"

He lifted his head and looked down at her. "If I wasn't a celebrity…"

If I wasn't a celebrity
Would you be so nice to me
If I didn't have cheese like every day
Would you still wanna be with me
If I couldn't buy you diamond rings
And all those other expensive things
Would you be so into me
If I wasn't a celebrity

Hermione placed her fingers over his mouth before he could finish. "Don't ever call yourself that horrible word again." She cupped his chin and lifted her head up off the pillow for a kiss. "You're not a celebrity. Not to me at least."

Harry's eyes softened. "Hermione…I love you." He gave her sweet short kisses over and over again. "So much."

"I love you, too." She wrapped her arms around him tight as he nuzzled against her soft neck. "All of you."

"That's all I need." He kissed her neck then rested his forehead against hers. "What do you want, Hermione?"

"You," she whispered touching his cheek. "Just you."

Harry grinned. "Perfect answer."

Their lips met and all was well in the life of Harry Potter.