Unofficial Portkey Archive

What Is Love? by d&gforever
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

What Is Love?

d&gforever

Author's note: I've been trying to update weekly but during the next three months I will only be updating once every two weeks.

Payback Is a Bitch

------******-------

"Truly Narcissa, it isn't a problem. I want you to stay in the main house with us," Ginny explained.

"No, No. I've had the elves readying the guesthouse since Wednesday. Your family needs its privacy and I need time to think about matters. It is better this way." Narcissa smiled as she headed out the patio doors for the guesthouse at Black Hall. "Ginerva ran along and show Draco your remodeled rooms. I'll take the children with me for a time."

The couple watched Narcissa walk towards the guesthouse carrying the baby and with three little blond wizards on her heels.

"This is ridiculous! Make her stay in the main house, Draco!" Ginny hissed.

He chuckled, "I've never been able to make my mother do anything. It's best if we don't try."

"She can't stay in the guesthouse. She needs family support at a time like this."

He pulled his wife close and pointed to the group. "What makes you think she doesn't have it?" Draco kissed her cheek. "She thinks she's being helpful by staying in the guesthouse. She won't be lonely there."

She giggled, "You're right." She turned him to the stairs. "I've got a surprise for you."

They walked up the stairs towards their sitting room. They were having a number of rooms remodeled while removing the hidden passageways. Ginny's chambers were the first on the list. He noticed the location of the door to their shared sitting room had changed. It appeared that his bedchamber now had its own. He did his best to hide his disappointment. He thought everything was going so well between them. What would make her do that, he wondered.

She pulled him into the sitting room. It looked very much like it had before, without hesitating, she tugged him into her bedchamber. It reminded him of their room at the beach house. It was light and airy. The large bed was the focal point. It sat on a six-inch high platform, which was four feet longer than the bed and eight feet wider. Curtains surrounded it for additional privacy when needed. She opened up the new French doors that led to a new balcony and turned to him.

"We can eat breakfast out here, have a peaceful dinner or snuggle under the stars," she said with great excitement. She floated happily around the room showing him her new addictions. They walked into the connecting nursery and she showed him it hadn't changed. Although it had, it didn't attach to his bedchamber any longer.

He loved how happy her new room made her, though he couldn't help but feel sorry for himself. It wasn't that her room was now twice the size of his. She was closing him out. What had he done? As his mind ran through recent events, she showed him to bathrooms. One had the normal bathroom things plus a whirlpool tub large enough for the whole family. The other was a standard bath with a shower.

"Draco, are you listening to me?" she asked as she tapped her feet impatiently.

"I'm sorry, Love. It's beautiful."

She smiled, "I know that. I designed it. What I need to know is which bathroom would you like to store your daily care products in. I thought you'd want the one with the shower. That's what you use at the beach house."

He shook his head thinking he wasn't hearing correctly. "What did you say, love?"

She sighed, "For Merlin's sake, Draco. It's not that hard of a decision." She walked out of the bathroom to the two dressing rooms doors. "I guess you'd rather have the dressing room on the right side." She opened the door to each room. "They're the same size but I can have your things moved if you want. How could I have forgotten how picky you are?" she said slightly disgusted.

He looked into the room to the left, seeing his clothing he smirked and pulled her into his arms. "Are you sure you want to share chambers again?"

"Of course, I love you. Why wouldn't I want you with me?" She kissed his nose.

"I'll store my things in the bath with the shower." He kissed her softly on the lips. "I love you. Thank you."

She kissed him tenderly back. "If you're a bad wizard, I can still send you to a guestroom."

"Oh, I'll be good." He smirked before kissing her passionately. The sound of two little voices stopped them.

"One, two, three," Serpens started to count.

"We can't count this time. Grandmother needs them," Cam said. "Daddy! Mummy! Thuban's sick!"

------********------

Thuban lay on his bed while Narcissa placed her wand to his forehead. Draco, Ginny, Cam and Serpens entered the room.

"I'm just tired, Grandmother," the little wizard argued.

"You are more than merely tired," Narcissa replied looking at the end of her wand and then Ginny. "He has a fever of thirty-nine point six."

Ginny walked to his dressing room and retrieved nightclothes. Draco led the other boys out of the room.

"Come on you blokes," he whispered, "before they decide to put us all in bed and give us Pepper-up as a preventative." Without questioning their father, the boys raced from the room. Draco went to his eldest's bedside and kissed his forehead noting that the boy was hot. "Be a good boy for Mummy and Grandmother." He turned to his wife. "I'll floo his healer, Gin." She nodded and he left the room.

Draco was showing the children's healer into the room by the time she and Narcissa had managed to get a protesting Thuban into his pajamas. In their almost seven years of marriage Ginny had grown accustom to the prompt attention of Healers.

"Hello, Healer Carmichael," Ginny said.

"Hello, Mrs. Malfoy," he replied while taking seat on the bed next to Thuban. "Does your throat hurt, Thuban?" The boy nodded. "Open your mouth wide and show me your tongue please, little one." The healer shook his head. "You spent a large amount of time in Muggle Paris?"

"Yes, we did," Ginny answered.

He took a bottle out of his bag. "He has Strep throat, very common amongst Muggles. Give him the potion every hour for the next three hours. He'll been fine by tomorrow. I'll want to check the other boys to be safe. Let's start with Leo."

--------******--------

"I can be dressed in five minutes, Mother," said Draco.

"Don't be ridiculous. You need to stay here and help Ginerva with the children," Narcissa said.

"You don't have to go, Mother. Everyone knows what happened, no need to worry about appearances. Father will do his best to talk you into return to the Manor."

She kissed his cheek. "I'll be fine. I've been handling your father since I was fourteen years old."

Draco could tell by the look in her eyes that she missed her husband and longer to be with him, again. "Ginny and I will understand, Mother. If you go back to him, it won't change our feelings or decisions. You will always be welcome here and welcome to visit the children."

Narcissa lovingly smiled at her only child before Apparating into Lucius' office at Malfoy International.

Lucius' voice cracked, "You're alluring and gorgeous as always, dearest."

"Thank you, Lucius," she replied in a slightly cold tone.

"No, thank you for attending tonight's ball with me, Narcissa."

"We must keep up appearances, Lucius. It may impact the family business if I did not attend, especially with Draco and Ginny unavailable this evening."

"Why are they not attending?"

"Thuban is ill," she answered.

An extremely worried look became visible on his face. "What is wrong with Thuban?"

"Don't worry Lucius, the healer has already seen to him. He has a fever and a sore throat. The other boys are fine," Narcissa answered.

"Sumtin!" Lucius bellowed. The small house elf appeared and bowed low to his master. "Have the kitchen elves made a large batch of my great-great grandmother's chicken soup. Get a case of lime and blue raspberry ice-lollys and some cherry and orange also. Deliver it to Black Hall immediately." The elf bowed and disappeared.

--------**********---------

A troop of Malfoy Manor elves arrived at Black Hall loaded down with chicken soup and ice-lollys. Serpens and Cam danced merrily in the entryway. Their grandfather had not left them out because their weren't ill. There were cherry flavored ice-lollies, Cam's favorite, and orange flavored, Serpens' favorite.

After calculating there was enough soup to feed her entire family for a week, Ginny had Tipsy and Nan take her two boys into the dining room for some. She also told the elves to give the boys each an ice-lolly after they had finished. A bowl of soup was placed on a tray along with a lime and blue-raspberry ice-lolly and Ginny took it up to her eldest.

Draco was reading a story to the little boy when she came into the room. Both inhaled the delicious aroma of the famous soup.

"I didn't know you had the recipe for that," Draco said as he licked his lips.

"I don't. Thuban, your grandfather sent this for you," Ginny said with a smile.

The boy sat up as Ginny placed the tray in front of him. There were only three good things about being sick. First, you got a lot of extra love from everyone, second this chicken soup and third ice-lollys. Thuban was smiled broadly as the tray was placed in front of him.

"I'll watch him, Draco." She kissed her husband's cheek then whispered, "He sent extra soup. It's downstairs waiting for you."

-------*******-------

Narcissa and Lucius glided across the ballroom. He held her close, slightly rubbing her lower back. "I've missed you, Cissy. I love you more than life itself. I regret treating Ginevra so poorly. It will not happen again."

She looked up into the eyes of her lover. "I've never doubted your love for me. That is not what I'm questioning; I'm having a difficult time dealing with your actions." Her eyes teared and she took a deep breath to steady herself. "I have supported you through many difficult times. I did this because I always believed you thought you were doing what was needed to keep your family safe. What you did to Ginevra was not out of love for your family but a selfish man's act."

He removed his handkerchief and wiped away her tears. "I didn't mean for that man to attack her."

"I know that, Lucius. Although you hoped, she would be unfaithful, which would cause Draco to move back into the Manor with the children. I miss sneaking into their bedchambers and kissing their sweet little foreheads every night also, but they are not our children. They are Ginevra and Draco's."

He inhaled and held back the tears threatening to fill his eyes. "I was terrified of losing them. Yet that is what my actions have caused. I cannot lose you too, Narcissa. What do I need to do to win you back?"

She kissed his cheek. "Prove to me, you are the loving man I married. Help our son be happy in his marriage."

-------*******-------

Draco sat in his study looking into a Pensieve, so lost in his thoughts that he didn't notice Ginny sitting next to him until she kissed his cheek.

"What memory are you looking at?" she asked.

He turned to her. "Would you be willing to watch my memory from the night Harry died? There are a number of things puzzling me about that night."

She held him close and nodded.

"I need your help, Gin. You have to watch it closely. Mainly focus on Harry, Lupin, and the sky, not me and my father. Can you do that?"

She nodded again and they leaned into the Pensieve together.

-------Pensieve memory April 1999-------

Lucius sat on the forest floor cradling his only child. "Hold on Draco. The healers are coming. I love you. I should have never put you through this."

The Draco standing next to Ginny made her look away from the Malfoy wizards in the memory and at Harry Potter.

He had his wand in his hand and preformed the counter- curse, healing himself. Remus Lupin ran up to the young wizard blocking him from everyone's view.

"Why?" said the puzzled and weak voice of Harry Potter.

The forest was quiet for a short time before a healer approached Lupin. "Why didn't you heal his wound?" he hissed. A jet of light came from his wand. "I believe he's lost too much blood." After a couple of more light flashes a whispered, "He's died," was heard.

Draco prompted Ginny to look into the sky. She saw a full moon.

------- End Pensieve memory April 1999-------

Draco hugged Ginny as they sat on the settee. "Ginny. Greyback was still alive then."

She looked at Draco. "The moon was full, even with wolfsbane Remus wouldn't have been able to function." She placed her hand over her mouth. "That wasn't Lupin. And whoever it was killed Harry."

"I believe so. The question now is whom do we tell? If it leaks out that you and I supplied this information our family could be in great danger."

-------*******-------

Narcissa ran her hand through the long blond hair of the wizard's head, which lay, between her bare breasts. It had been an enchanting evening from beginning to end. Lucius hadn't behaved that way since well, the night she had given him her innocence so many years ago. The memory flooded her mind.

They had planned on waiting until their wedding night but were carried away after Bella's wedding reception. The next thing she knew they lay naked in an unused bedroom in an unused wing of Malfoy Manor. They were so lost in their love that no pain relief potion was used and Lucius had forgotten to perform an anti-conception charm. After the first couple of minutes, the pain had disappeared and she felt a great bliss. They remained there until the morning making love through the night.

At the time, she felt lucky Bella had gotten married in February. She was able to lie to her mother and say she went back to Hogwarts that evening. The lie caught up with her six weeks later. She was sure he wouldn't answer her owl. Malfoys never married the whores they impregnated and the child she carried would not be considered the heir because it was conceived without Lucius using Pervalidus Potion.

He shocked her by coming to Hogsmeade that weekend. He told her of his plans for them to elope the next one. He had located a healer who would lie about the baby's due date and say it was premature when it was born. Lucius Malfoy had to love her. His father would disown him if this lie were discovered. It was a lucky thing she miscarried on their train ride to Germany and they didn't have to go through with the elopement. He held her close the whole time, both mourning their lost. He promised her they would have a house full of children one day.

Narcissa miscarried four more times in their first five years marriage. Lucius' father tried to pressure him into divorcing her. The inability of a witch to carry a child to term was the only grounds for divorce in the wizarding world. He refused and stood by his wife. Narcissa believed the gods blessed them with Draco because of his commitment to her for he was born nine months after Lucius refused to divorce her. She was on bed rest the entire pregnancy but her only child was more than worth it. She miscarried two more times after Draco so they stopped trying for her house full of children.

Narcissa stopped daydreaming and shook her head free of those thoughts. She loved Lucius and he loved her. She would be moving back into his home, their home, one day, but not today. The wizard had not paid for his mistake. Because of his idiocy, their house would never again ring with children's laughter. She scooted out from under the sleeping wizard and started looking for her clothes.

He thought she was going to the bathroom but when she made no moved for it, he sat up in the bed and turned on the lights.

"Thank you. I was having a ghastly time locating my knickers. Thought, I was going to have to leave them," she said as she put the knickers on under her dress. She walked over to the side of the bed and kissed him. "I really need to be going."

He grabbed her arm. "We just…"

She put her finger to his lips. "I enjoyed myself very much. A witch has needs you know. Now be a good wizard and let go of my arm or I won't come back for another visit."

He released her and she Disapparated.

"Damn! Damn! Damn!" he cursed. "That didn't go as planned. Having her for one night only makes me want her more."

-------*******-------

"Ginevra, what did you do?" Draco raised a questioning brow to his wife as she came out of her brothers' Quidditch locker room.

"I placed the anti-cushioning charm on my brothers' brooms, a payback for the Lust Potion," she smirked.

"That's all?" he questioned.

She kissed him. "Of course." She walked away.

"I don't believe you. You're wearing Thuban's 'I've just done something very very bad and I hope you don't find out what it is Daddy' look."

She giggled at him and kept on walking.

"Move aside, Malfoy," Charlie said playfully as he and his brothers walked up to the locker room.

"Ginny's still upset about the Lust Potion. She was just in there. I know she did something…." Draco started.

George messed Draco's hair. "Don't you worry your pretty little head about it."

"We know all of Ginny's tricks," Fred said.

Draco walked away, "Well, I warned you."

Michael Corners' Clippers, the Weasley's minus one as Draco thought of them, where on the pitch when his team the 'Fly Flames', a name Cam had given them, entered. Miles was their keeper, with Richard, Blaise, and Ginny the chasers, Crabbe and Goyle the beaters, and Draco the seeker. For the Clippers, Ron was the keeper, with Bill, Michael and Seamus the chasers, the twins the beaters and Charlie the seeker.

The crowd was small being it was a preseason game and the Weasley boys' witches were out of town for the weekend. Pansy, Millicent and Daphne sat in the north stands with Draco and Ginny's four boys. While Parvati, her children and other family members of the Clippers sat in the south stands.

Serpens' frowned at first when he saw whom his father was paired against, but when the game started all was forgotten. The snitch made an early appearance; Draco and Charlie were neck and neck as they passed the boys, bumping into each other for position. Serpens screamed, "KNOCK HIM OFF HIS BROOM, DADDY!" as they passed.

Draco spotted a Bludger hit at him by George and ran into Charlie to avoid being hit causing both of them to lose sight of the Snitch.

"That really hurt!" Charlie yelled.

"Well, blame your brother, he hit the damn Bludger," Draco replied.

"Not that. What Serpens said as we passed."

Draco chuckled and grinned, "Well, that proves it. Even with all your dragons you're only second best." He flew off and the redhead followed.

As they went by, Ginny made an outstanding move and scored on Ron. Bill looked over at his nephews' and nearly fell off his broom. The three older boys were standing up wiggling their hips in some kind of a celebration dance. They had magically enhanced the volume of their voices and everyone could clearly hear.

"M. U. M. M. Y., Mummy, Mummy that's our cry. Go Mummy. DO IT AGAIN!"

Ginny had the Quaffle and another goal in no time, much to the delight of her three young sons who were dancing once again. It was clear that if Charlie didn't get the snitch they were doomed.

The small female redhead had the Quaffle again and was only stopped by the Bludger, Fred hit at her head. She ducked in time but lost the Quaffle. The three little blond boys hissed and Thuban chucked a candy wrapper at Fred when he passed next.

"Don't you dare hit a Bludger at my mummy, again! Or I'll tell Grandma on you!" Thuban yelled.

Fred playfully stuck his tongue out at the boy. Who cared about winning, teasing his nephews was going to be great fun. He spun around and looked for his twin. "George, did you see what Thuban threw at me?"

"Yep, but did you see their bum dance when Ginny scored? Watch!" his twin said.

Ginny put the Quaffle through the hoop, again. The little blond wizards cheered, "M. U. M.M.Y., Mummy, Mummy that's our cry. Go Mummy. DO IT AGAIN!" They then did a dance rotating their hips and ended it by shaking their bums in Ron's direction.

Fred grabbed his broom tightly as he laughed. "Merlin, help us! What a secret weapon!"

"It's a family act, alright."

George pointed to the Bludger. "Let's go tease, Thuban."

The twins flew on each side of Ginny knocking a Bludger back and forth. They stuck their tongues out each time they passed Thuban whom pelted them with candy. Noticing the assault on his wife, Draco flew into the fray, grabbing George's bat hand before he could hit the Bludger.

"You made me miss my volley, Malfoy!" George said indignantly.

"Now we have to chase the Bludger down again," Fred interjected before the pair flew away.

Draco smiled at his wife who sneered back at him. "What, Ginny?"

"Draco, get your arse up there and find the Snitch. I can handle myself and the twins."

"But, Love…"

"Draco Malfoy, if you don't go catch the Snitch you'll be sleeping in the guestroom until your birthday!" Ginny yelled.

The look on her face informed him of her sincerity. With that small bit of incentive, Draco flew high into the sky in search of the golden winged ball and the twins returned to flying on each side of Ginny volleying the Bludger in front of her.

The blond wizard wasn't flying long before he heard his second born calling out.

"Vif! Vif! Vif!" Cam screamed as he pointed to the western sky.

Draco looked where the boy pointed and saw the golden snitch. He was behind it in moments with Charlie on his tail.

"What a Slytherin trick, having your son say the French word for Snitch," Charlie chuckled.

"He learned to do that on his own," Draco replied as his fingers wrapped around the Snitch ending the game with the 'Fly Flames' winning by a score of two hundred to twenty.

While Corner cursed at the twins for their play, Thuban ran up to his uncles. "I want my beans back."

Fred popped one in his mouth. "You threw them at us."

"They're ours now," his twin said eating one too.

Thuban giggled, "That's O.K. I stuck them up my nose before I throw them."

"Thuban," Draco tried to say in a scolding tone but a chuckle escaped.

The little wizard giggled. "I was only joking."

The twins exhaled in disgust, "Say it isn't so, Thuban. We love boogey flavored beans."

Ginny encountered the group. "Don't you encourage him!" She looked at her husband. "Your son was throwing things at them every time they passed."

"They were trying to make a Bludger hit you. I had to protect you. You're my mummy!" The little wizard proudly stuck out his chest.

She rolled her eyes at the boy. "I can take care of myself." She turned to her brothers and placed her hands on her hips. "You two need to stop encouraging him. I know you lot forced us to fly in front of him accidentally-on-purpose."

"Calm down, Ginny," Fred said.

"Yes, you're acting as if someone had been hitting a Bludger at you for the last thirty minutes," George said with a straight face.

"Besides we should be the ones upset."

"Nice try with the cushioning charm, Ginny," George chuckled.

"But you can't get the best of us," said his twin.

Ginny rolled her eyes and huffed at her brothers.

"Where is your sense of humor, Ginny?" Fred said.

"I think she lost it," Thuban offered. "She didn't laugh when I changed the Muggle Magician's trick. You told me she thought it was funny when you did it, but she"

Draco stopped his son from finishing and handed him two galleons. "Go back to Aunt Pansy. You and your brothers can each have a small fizzy drink." Thuban smiled. "I said small and I mean it."

"Yes, Daddy." He skipped happily down the path.

She snarled at her twin brothers, "You put the idea of Muggle bating into…"

"Calm down, Ginny," Charlie said. "They didn't mean for Thuban to do it. Mum already turned on them for it. Come along you blokes before Ginny uninvites you to her home." The three want into the locker room.

Draco turned to his wife changing the subject effortlessly. "I thought we were going to the new sports pub?"

"Feel free to go, although I'm not taking the boys in pubs anymore. The language in those places is appalling. I've invited my brothers to Black Hall along with our team." She kissed his cheek and handed him her broom. "Take my broom home for me, please. I'm going to collect the boys and go home to shower."

Ginny had disappeared into the stands when Ron roared out of the locker room in only a towel.

"Where the bloody hell is she, Malfoy? Or was it your idea?" he spat.

"Get back in here, Ron!" Bill yelled. "It's not that bad and I'm sure Draco had nothing to do with it."

"What's going on?" Draco questioned.

"Your wench!" Ron stated.

The blond wizard stepped forward so he was eye to eye with the redhead. "Don't call her that!"

"She hexed are brooms, Malfoy!"

"She removed the cushioning charm," Draco answered.

"Like hell. She hexed them so it appeared that she only removed the cushioning charm. Her hex caused them to splinter and impale us pain free. We have splinters in our di….."

Bill pulled his brother back into the locker room. Draco looked at the eldest Weasley brother with skepticism. "She didn't." Bill nodded and the Draco's hands went down in front of himself covering his special member in great sympathy. "I'm so sorry, if I had known."

"I know, Draco. No wizard would do this to another. They were pain free going in but they are starting to hurt like hell."

"I'll go find her, Bill. I'm sure there's a counter curse."

-------*******-------

Bella and Cam ran through the forest at Black Hall. When they got to the large black tree he placed his hand on it, "Exhibeo" Cam said, and the Quidditch pitch appeared in front of them. He ran around the pitch and then back into his aunt's arms.

"I love this place," he said. "Mummy brings us here two or three times each week. She used the pitch to train. She's the best chaser."

"This is a pitch for only the most noble wizards and witches to use, Cygnus," Bella said.

"Mummy is noble."

"Your mother is a common street rat."

"She is not," he answered lightly.

The older witch sat in a chair and placed the boy on her lap. "Cygnus, you know a lot about horses don't you?"

The boy nodded.

"You know what a wizarding breeding mare is correct?"

He shook his head.

"Well, wizards take a mare that is only good for having calves and give her a potion so none of her traits are passed on to her babies. Then they mate her with a perfect male to get perfect new baby horses."

She hugged the little boy. "Well, that is what you mother is. She is merely a breeding witch needed only to carry your father's perfect babies."

"She is not," he cried. "Daddy loves her. We just happen to look like Daddy."

"No, there was a potion used. You are no more her child than any other witch walking down Diagon Alley."

He scratched her face, spit at her, and kicked her shins while climbing out of her lap. "I hate you! I hate you!" he screamed as he ran out of the pitch and towards the grand house. "You're a mean old witch. I'm not going to play with you again until you can say nice things about my mummy. I love her lots more than I could ever love you."

"Cygnus, come back!" She ran after the boy not able to see him but following his footsteps. The black haired witch knew the boy had turned the corner and stopped. She was guessing he was hiding so she spoke before she turned. "Come now, Cygnus. I will take you back to the guesthouse. You will feel better…"

Words failed her after making the turn and coming face to face with her nephew. Draco was holding the boy on his hip as Cam cried into his shoulder.

"I will allow you to still attend my family's parties and events but you are no longer welcome to freely visit my children. If you speak ill of my wife at those events you will no longer be welcome there either. Do you understand me?" the blond wizard demanded.

"Draco, I was…."

"Do you understand, Aunt Bella?" he said firmly.

"Yes, Draco."

"You must not argue with any of our guests at the parties either. The Lupin and Tonks families will be attending Serpens' birthday and Leo's christening; this includes your sister Andromeda," he informed her.

"I have no sister named Andromeda," Bella stated. "Although I will treat all of your guests with respect." She bowed her head at the blond wizard before Disapparating.

-------*******-------

Lucius sat at his desk in his Manor study, a number of photo albums open in front of him and a bottle of fire whiskey in his right hand. The wizard's face appeared weathered, tired and worn, a strange contrast to his normally handsome appearance. His white blond hair looked wind blow, he was unsteady as he turned a page of an album and grinned at the three little white blond wizards looking back at him.

An old house elf Apparated in front of the wizard's desk. "Master, I is sorry but Ms. Bellatrix be here."

The blond wizard put the bottle of fire whiskey back in its place, downed a potion, cleared his desk of albums, combed his hair, and placed a cheering charm on himself. "Show her in."

Moments later the house elf opened the door and showed a disheveled Bellatrix into the room. "Lucius, we need to do something. It's gone too far. Draco is mad, under an ancient spell or something. We need to get the children away from the Muggle lovers. There is too much at risk."

Lucius stared at the witch in front of him. She was crazed. He hadn't seen her this way since her escape from Azkaban. She removed two glass spheres from her pocket and placed them on his desk.

"I haven't shared these with anyone. The Dark Lord would have increased his attempts to kill Draco had he heard them," she stated.

She placed her wand on the first sphere revealing the prophecy within.

"For seven generations, his house will have only one child, a son. His blood is the purest. His family is noble. He will stop a war and take no credit. He will marry below him in the eyes of many. Her family is poor but her blood has pure has his. She is the seventh child and only witch born to this family in seven generations.

Their second son will be the heir of his paternal grandmother's house, he will have powers that no other wizard can equal."

Bella looked into the eyes of her brother-in-law. "That prophecy is about Cygnus. We have already seen the boy's powers." She placed her wand on the second ball.

"Two rivaling families will be joined by a forced marriage. The sons of this union will rule our world."

"That prophecy is about your grandsons, Lucius. We cannot let the future leaders of our world be raised by Muggle lovers. We must work together and remove Ginevra from their lives."

Lucius smirked at the witch showing her to a chair. "Let's discuss our options."

-------*******-------

Draco walked onto the patio at Black Hall, Ginny's brothers and his mates where drinking meade and discussing the latest Professional Quidditch teams results. The witches were on the other side of patio chatting about wedding plans.

He walked over and kissed his wife's cheek. "They're sound asleep, love."

"Thank you, Draco." She returned his kiss then quickly went back to her conversation with the other witches.

The blond wizard smirked as he approached the table of men. Not only was it entertaining to see four former Slytherins having a friendly debate with five former Gryffindors, it was a sight to see the Weasley brothers each with a cold butter beer between their legs to ease the pain from the splinter removal. Ginny had assured each the pain would disappear in another eight hours.

Her payback to them had been perfectly timed. Each of their girlfriends, wife in Bill's case, was out of town for the evening, so their discomfort didn't impact their partners. She informed them it could have been worse. Fleur had told her to perform the charm when the witches were in town because inflation in that area caused an increase in pain. Bill was grateful that his sister hadn't listened to his wife. Fleur was still furious with him over the Lust Potion. She would have likely pranced around their bedroom all night in a sexy teddy to punish him.

"Malfoy, you're worse than our mum," said Fred.

"We were just starting to have fun with Thuban. Why'd you have to put him to bed?" asked his twin.

"I'll let him stay up as long as you like next time as long as you take him home with you and deal with him the next day," Draco offered.

Bill chuckled, "Is Thuban a little cranky when he doesn't get enough sleep, Malfoy?!"

"A little is an understatement. Think of dealing with Ginny on one of her bad days, add in dealing with Draco on one of his, and then double it," Blaise injected.

"He can't be that bad?" Charlie stated in disbelief.

"He is! The trick is to figure out how to get him back to sleep on those days," Draco said.

"Well, if that's the case make sure he gets plenty of rest Tuesday night," said one twin.

"We don't need Thuban in a bad mood when we've working with potions Wednesday," George added.

"Who said my son would be helping you make potions Wednesday?" Ginny asked impatiently. She had come over to the wizards table to see if they needed anything.

"I was going to take him, love," Draco said.

"You husband doesn't trust us, Gin!" Fred stated resentfully.

"He wants to make sure we are capable potion brewers before Thuban can come on his own," injected George.

She smiled at her husband. "You're thinking of letting the boys spend time alone with their uncles?"

"I think it's time." He pulled her onto his lap. "I also think it's time to let your parents watch them."

She kissed him.

"Stop that, Ginny. We really don't want to see it," Ron snarled.

-------*******-------

Draco was reviewing contracts when there was a knock at his door. "Enter."

Lucius walked into the room and his son hissed slightly. "I need to discuss a couple of very important matters with you."

"Sit," Draco snarled.

"I'm certain that one of Serpens' birthday wishes tomorrow will be a day in the office with you. I have planned to remain away for the entire day so you may fulfill his request," Lucius stated his voice laden with pain. He passed a card to Draco. "I have explained my absence to the child in this card. I understand I have no one to blame but myself for missing his special day. Although, we need to make sure the child knows he is not to blame and that I still love him deeply for his good not mine."

The young wizard smiled at his father, "I agree."

Lucius swallowed hard and braced himself. "Now, for more grave news; your Aunt is mad. Like the Dark Lord she believes in the prophecies and she thinks they pertain to your children. She has cursed Ginevra's dragon bracelet to remove her magical powers. She approached me last night to help her with her plans."

The older wizard leaned forward and looked into his son's eyes. "What do you wish me to do, Draco? How can I best assist you in protecting your family?"

The younger wizard ran a hand through his hair. He was perplexed to say the least. Was his father trying to help him or was this part of the plan to harm his wife and/or steal his children?