Unofficial Portkey Archive

Ain't No Mountain High Enough by MissLexi
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Ain't No Mountain High Enough

MissLexi

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter and I don't own the music. I do own video footage of my friends doing karaoke, and that my friends, is priceless.

Thanks to Terri, super-beta, and Cindy, for the challenge. Hugs!

Ain't No Mountain High Enough
Ain't no valley low enough
Ain't no river wide enough
To keep me from getting to you babe.

Harry let out a soft moan and laid his head down on the table. He heard a soft chuckle before he felt the soft touch of his wife's fingers in his hair.

"It isn't that bad, Harry. Come one now. Sit up and face it like a man."

Harry lifted his head and glared at his wife before replying, "Hermione, you are the one that insisted we come tonight, I didn't ask for this torture. Wasn't it enough that I suffered at the hands of Voldemort all those years? Why do you have to put me through more?"

Hermione just laughed. "We are spending time with our friends, Harry. I don't know how you could call it torture."

"I don't know how you could call it entertainment either, Hermione."

Hermione wrapped her arms around his shoulders and leaned over to give him a soft kiss on the mouth. Harry sighed happily and pulled her closer to him, holding her tightly and deepening the kiss.

"Hey, mate, some of us don't want to see you with your tongue down each other's throats."

Harry pulled back to glare at his best friend, Ron.

"Some of us don't want to hear that caterwauling that you and Luna were doing either, Ron, but you don't see us casting a silencing spell on you. What on earth made you choose Ain't No Mountain High Enough?"

Luna smiled at Harry as she came up beside Ron and wrapped an arm around him.

"Some people's strengths do lie in different areas, Harry. I believe you are right in saying that singing isn't Ronald's."

Ron shot a surprised look at his wife. "But you always told me you love my singing, Luna. I got up there and sang that for you!"

Luna brushed a light kiss over Ron's lips before replying, "I do love your singing, Ronald. That doesn't mean you are any good at it."

Ron just stood there in shock as his wife and two best friends laughed at him.

Harry stood up and handed Ron a pint of ale and pulled his wife up next to him. "I love you, Hermione, more than life itself. But you will never, ever get me to come to karaoke with you again."

Hermione grinned at him, "Does this mean that you aren't going to sing for me?" With a laugh, she ran toward the door, eager to get away before Harry could come to his senses and tickle her.

Harry just stood there shocked for a moment, while Ron and Luna laughed at him, before running after her, "You are such a witch!"


-->