Unofficial Portkey Archive

Revelations by madhu893
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Revelations

madhu893

Date: October 30

Title: Revelations

Disclaimer: J.K. Rowling owns nothing except the idea. She owns the characters, background and idea. The plot, however, it mine. I thought of this and it doesn't really follow her book too much. BUT I don't plan to make any money or fame off of it.

It was the one thing I would regret. She was the one thing I would regret. The auburn-haired goddess who haunted my dreams. But, who could forget? Who could forget the way someone can have you look twice and most ungracefully fall off a flight of stairs? Who could forget a creature who will steal your breath with just one smile? It wasn't even a good smile. I've definitely seen more charming ones. Yet, I could not forget.

I still regret.

I still regret not sleeping that night just to think of her in the morning. I still regret searching through the dense crowds for a hint of that Irish beauty. But why? Because she loved me back?

"It'll only be for a summer." She said to me. "Our first and last summer apart."

Yeah, one summer alright. But will I see her again? Will I see her after that summer? The thing is, we were both seventeen and just graduated. She had high hopes of being a healer. I wanted to become an auror. There was a rising dark power in our world. They called him Lord Voldemort. We used to joke around because we knew we were safe. "Voldy would never find the Order of Phoenix."

We couldn't have been more wrong. Things could have gone smoothly and we could have had a great life together with our one-year-old, raven-haired son. Oh yes, we had a son 3 years after getting married. He didn't have a name. I, being the humble husband, let her name him. She, being an indecisive woman, hadn't thought of the perfect name. It had to be perfect.

"We can't give him a name that can have some silly childhood nickname brought from it. Then, when he gets older, society will scorn him and adopt that nickname. We also cannot have a name too girly, prissy, long, short, common, uncommon or even too good," said my wife. Did I tell you her name? Yes, she's the same one I fell in love with during school. Lily. Lily Evans-Potter.

Anyway, we could've moved to Glasgow like I proposed. But, Lily wanted to be with her parents for the last few days of their lives. She wanted them to see their grandchild. It was no use, they perished around October 20th, bless them. Glasgow was out of question then. We were stuck in Hiding. Godric's Hollow. That `Voldemort' I mentioned earlier had us on the top of his hit list. I knew it. She knew it. We just didn't want to mention it around Harry.

It was quite absurd, really, seeing as though he's just a baby and can't understand a word anyway. We would grimly saunter around the house and do our domestic deeds. The oddest thing. It was as if we were just waiting for our day to come round. It was maddening. I felt utterly hopeless not being able to do anything. I called a good friend, Sirius Black, to come on Halloween and take Harry to a safe place. That's what we decided to name him, you know. Harry. Harry Potter. Lily was weeping today. Not because of death, both of us aren't scared of that. No, because we had to leave him and we'd never see him again. Never see what kind of man he would grow up to be. It'd be absolutely dreadful if he became one of those working types with no social life.

I mean, it's not as if we're some primitive family that all has the Black Plague flying around or something. We should've had choices. We deserved to have choices! But no, the Order couldn't do anything. We stayed in hiding and Lily is wondering when Lord Voldemort will strike.

I'm writing in you today, dear Diary, only because I hope my son reads this. I shall give you to Sirius when he gets here tomorrow night, but I just wanted to write this. Maybe I should write a note to dear Harry, that would be sensible, wouldn't it? Here it goes

My Son,

Hello. I'm not sure you'll read this, but I'll probably be long gone when you are reading. There's not much to say to you just that your mother and I have always loved you. I'll give you some guidelines for school and such.

I suspect Sirius will play the role of your father since he is your godfather, but I don't want you to be like him. When you are 7-10 try not to be a lady's man like Mr. Black. Be a geek and develop some want to study. Go to Hogwarts, the finest wizard's institution in the world, I say. You'll have a reputation for mischief, I presume. Sorry about that. You don't have to get sorted into Gryffindor, just not Slytherin. No matter, just try any make the house Quidditch team in your seven years there. I was the Chaser and it did me well. I expect Sirius to teach you Quidditch, he was a good Beater. I don't really have anymore life goals. Have lots of crushes and play lots of tricks on people.

It shows growth. Now, Harry, whatever you do, I don't want you to want to have vengeance. We didn't want to put you in any harm. We love you. I know I'm being quite abrupt, but I would rather you live your own life.

I hope you marry and have great kids; maybe you'll even become the Minister of Magic. I wouldn't like it very much, but it's a highly respectable job. I sound like an old kook, but I'm really not. I hope Sirius treats you well. Stay safe, find out the true meaning of life.

With Love and Admiration,

Your Father (and Mother Lily Evans-Potter),

James Potter

A/N- I'm sure you all guessed that Harry never got the letter. Yes, if you noticed he wrote this on October 30, the night before it all happened. Remember Rowling said Sirius came to get Harry, but Hagrid asked if he could use his motorcycle and do it instead? Well, I made up that Sirius came because he was supposed to come and was notified earlier to take him. Fits in, though. But, Voldemort came before Sirius and…well…you know the rest.

I suspect (if this actually ever happened. Which I'm 100% positive it didn't) that in the Seventh book Harry would find the diary in Godric's Hollow. Yeah. In my version of the seventh book.

Hope you enjoyed it. More of the serious part of Harry Potter. The one that ties to the real world better. Not all fanfiction it a slice of cold, chocolate cheesecake. I like to bring out the duller, more grim tones.

The idea popped into my head. Think about it.


-->