Unofficial Portkey Archive

Days of Torment by Sunset Blvd
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Days of Torment

Sunset Blvd

Prologue - The Day The World Stopped

I have to come to realize that life isn't just a game to be played when you're bored. Nor are other people's lives. Trust me when I say this because I played with other people's lives. I played with everyone's lives. Until one day someone played with my life. My life, my integrity, my soul, my heart.

My life was governed by one thing and one thing alone; the desperation to fit in and have as much fun as I could. I played with others, getting kicks out of doing so, making them think I was someone I wasn't, someone strong, invincible and immortal.

But truth be told, I'm not.

There was a point in my entire six-year façade where I actually believed what I was selling to everyone, that I was strong, I was invincible, I was immortal and most of all was untouchable by all that surround me.

Sound arrogant I know, and I probably was, but for a short time, my demons left me, the truth of my haunted past left me. I was alone, but not the kind of alone that you might fear. It was the kind of alone that you might welcome after a long day of work or school. Welcomed.

Then, near the end of my sixth year, it all came down to a screeching halt. My world froze for a few numb seconds before it all crumbled down to my feet, and I went down with it all. I spent the next three days unconscious, while a small voice in the back of my mind was shrieking to the higher powers that seemed to keep me there to just leave me and die. That's all I really wanted to do; die. From that day forth it was all I wanted to do.

A/N: Sorry for the wait for Bleeding hearts, just trying to sort out my thoughts and plan on it..Hope you like this…not sure what to evolve it into but might tie it in with Bleeding hearts…tell me what you think…love you all