Unofficial Portkey Archive

Say It by Azusena
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Say It

Azusena

Say It

A/N: I hope you guys like this I'll be posting the second chapter tomorrow or maybe even today if I get enough reviews. Thanks to my beta Trutonks for everything and thanks to all those who have reviewed my other stories and who review this one.

He pushed her up against the wall in an effort to get close to her, his
hands went to the bottom of her shirt and slid under it touching her flat stomach with his rough calloused hands. She tensed and he pulled away quickly. He didn't want to scare her again. Her eyes were wide, looking into his own, and he thought he might have seen a flicker of fear in them before it was gone just as quickly as it had come.

"I'm sorry," he blurted out.

"No, it's O.K., it's my fault. I knew it was too good to be true."

"What are you talking about?" he asked running a hand through his hair.

"I thought you might be satisfied with this for awhile." She answered
looking down at her hands.

"I just," he stopped unsure of what to say. "We don't have to do anything. I just wanted to touch you. I get caught up in the moment."

"No, it's not that," she said, "I just can't, not with you…"

"What's wrong with me, I didn't think you cared about all that. You were the one that started this whole thing." He said in an angry tone getting defensive.

"No that came out wrong," she said quickly walking over to a chair that was near them and sitting down. "It's just I thought you might have feelings for me. I thought maybe I was different than all those others girls. I thought that maybe you might want something more than just sex."

He turned around, walking away from her, an indecipherable expression on his face, and then he turned to look at her.

"I don't know what you want me to say!" He yelled, running his hands
through his hair again and again and trying not to pull it out in frustration. They had discussed this before, not under the same circumstances, of course. He didn't know what she wanted him to say.

A lone tear escaped from her eye and ran down her cheek. He turned away from her, hating that he was the reason for her pain. "We've been together for more than a year. Where is this relationship going?" She asked him, not daring to look up.

"I care about you." He said finally looking towards her.

"That's not enough. I need you to say it." She said in desperation as more tears ran down her face.

"I… I can't." he said.

"Then you don't love me," she said in a cold tone, then stood and walked out of the room.

He turned and punched the window he'd been standing by. Tears of frustration and pain came to his eyes as he brought his hand away from the shattered window, bloody and cut allover.

"Why can't I say it?" he yelled.

She slapped her hand to her mouth in an attempt to stifle a sob then slid to the floor beside the door. He wouldn't be leaving for a while she knew. She couldn't bear the thought that she was putting him through all this, but she needed to hear him say it, she needed to know.

She heard him mutter a cleaning charm as she stood up and ran down the stairs.

He healed his hand then walked the opposite way, mulling over their encounter, and trying to figure out a way to make it up to her, cursing under his breath.


-->