Unofficial Portkey Archive

Fate's Never Ending Cycle by husker_fan_2006
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Fate's Never Ending Cycle

husker_fan_2006

------------

Fate's Never Ending Cycle

Summary: A few months after returning from the past, the second-generation trio is off on another adventure, this time nineteen years into the future. They're grown up, thirty-six, and married off. It seems like the perfect life, but the passing of time brings some terrible things. The trio finds that the future is full of divorce, unwanted in-laws, losing jobs, and the events of the future make them wish they could go back to when they are seventeen and want to make different decisions to avoid the future they saw.

Chapter 1: Prologue

-------------

Late at night, the Gryffindor Common Room was dimly lit; the only light was from the dying fire. The room was empty except for a couple sitting in a chair in front of the fire, blanket wrapped up around them. They were sound asleep, arms wrapped around each other. The girl had raven black hair, and even though you couldn't see them, she had bright emerald eyes behind oval shaped glasses. The boy was a handsome one, with brown hair and tan skin. It was a perfect little scene, going undisturbed until someone stood over them, looking down on the scene. It was another couple; the boy had messy black hair and vivid green eyes, with a devilish grin on his face, his girlfriend, mirroring the grin, had shining blue eyes and flaming red hair, like everyone else who had the same last name as her. The girl looked at the couple in the chair.

"Aww, look at them, aren't they adorable?" she whispered.

"I know, they are, it'd be a shame if somebody woke them up," the boy said. With bigger grins at each other, the boy and girl tipped the chair backwards; just enough to wake up the two in the chair. The girl in the chair almost screamed and they both scrambled for something to grab onto, but the girl's scream was silenced by the chair thumping back to the ground. She looked up to see who tilted the chair back and glared at the other boy and girl, who just happened to be her brother and best friend.

"What the hell is the matter with you?" The redhead grinned.

"We need to talk to you."

"Couldn't you just gently shake me?" The black haired girl said.

"No, that wouldn't have been as fun." The boy in the chair stood up, pulled his girlfriend up and with one look at his girlfriend's brother, started to go to the boys' dormitories. The raven-haired boy nodded shortly at his sister's boyfriend.

"Will." Will nodded back.

"Blake." He turned to his girlfriend. "Good night Lily." Once Will had disappeared up the staircase, Lily smacked her brother on the arm.

"What is it with you?" she said fiercely. "Gosh, you're worse than Dad."

"Just looking out for my little sister," Blake said, grinning. Lily rolled her eyes.

"That's a lame excuse. It seems like you only are looking out for me when there's a boyfriend of mine to torment. Other than that, you're never there for me."

"That's not true," Blake said defensively.

"Anyway, what did you two want that was so important that you had to wake me up from one of the best sleeps I've ever had in my entire life?" With another devilish grin, the redhead pulled out a book and showed it to Lily.

"Feeling adventurous?" Lily looked at the book and recognized it immediately. It was called, Illegal Time Travel for the Rebellious. It was in that book that gave them one of the potions that brought them back in time where they almost threatened their own existence when they met their parents as seventeen year olds.

"Julia, are you crazy? You want to go back again?"

"No, not back. Forward. This time we're going to make sure we get the potion right so we go forward in time and see where we end up."

"You two are insane."

"C'mon, Lils, have some fun." Lily looked at her brother and rolled her eyes.

"Well, if you won't go along with this, Jules and I will just have to go ourselves." The two turned for the portrait hole. Lily called after them.

"Wait!" Julia and Blake stopped and turned. Lily caught up with them.

"Well, I don't condone it, but I'll be damned if I'm going to let you two go at this alone, I wouldn't want you to kill yourselves." Lily went out the portrait hole first, and Blake and Julia grinned at each other before following her.

A/n: Hey there y'all! Here's the first chapter to my sequel, hope you enjoyed it, I know it's short, but just hang in there. Maybe while you're waiting for the next one, you could write something in that little box at the bottom of the page and send it!!

Husker-fan-2006


-->