Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Truth by Liz21
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Truth

Liz21

Title: Witch Wish
Author: Liz21
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: None.
Disclaimer: This story is based on characters and situations created and owned by JK Rowling, various publishers including but not limited to Bloomsbury Books, Scholastic Books and Raincoast Books, and Warner Bros., Inc. No money is being made and no copyright or trademark infringement is intended.


Notes: I'm back! I've been out of the fanfic world for far too long. This, and Witch Wish, were for a contest on live journal. You can read other D/G stories at http://community.livejournal.com/ginnylovesdraco/

I'm currently working on a D/G novel as well, which is pretty exciting.
Summary: After all that happens, only the truth can affect her the most.

The Truth

She arrived on his doorstep on Monday, two days after he looked at the catalog, and one day after he paid. She was more expensive then the other brides, but to him, she was well worth the money. He knew her family had all died in the war, and he could only imagine that a mail-order bride service was more tempting to her than starvation.

She was neither shocked, nor upset that it was he who bought her. She simply walked inside his large manor, soaked from the rain, clutching a single, ragged bag in her hands. He didn't greet her, or try to make her feel welcomed. He just left a house-elf with her and went off to work, no questions asked or answered.

Draco Malfoy wasn't the type of man to explain himself, not even to his new bride, Ginny Weasley.

~*~

It was Tuesday morning when Ginny awoke to birds chirping outside her window. She got up to go to the restroom, when she felt an invisible tug pull her from her navel to outside the door. Unwillingly, she followed and found herself going down the hallway and past many rooms. She stopped outside a pair of double doors, and without knocking, she walked in.

The room was dark, the window shades pulled tightly to block out any light, but she could see a lump in the bed. Someone was sleeping in it. She tried to walk out quietly, having no idea why she was here, but once again her body lured her forward and before she knew it, she was sitting on the empty side of the bed.

Draco lay next to her, his blonde hair messy from sleep. To Ginny, he looked much older than his twenty-two years, and much more innocent than she wanted to believe. He was shirtless, and bottom less for all she knew, but black silk sheets came to rest below his navel. He still had the build of a seeker, and Ginny felt her body move closer to him.

She shifted closer to him, but he didn't wake up. She thought his breathing changed, but he didn't open up an eye. Her breathing, though, quickened as she ducked her head and drew her lips closely to his pink ones. She didn't know why, but she had the feeling that she should kiss him.

She was a centimeter away from doing so when Draco opened his gray eyes, and stared into her brown ones. He had an otherwise calm expression, considering she was so close to his face.

"Is this the side effect the manual talked about?" he asked casually.

Ginny stared from his eyes to his lips. "It appears so," Ginny said. "You know the longer you wait to marry me and sleep with me, the worse the urge to have you will get."

He didn't move. "Are you a virgin?"

"Yes."

"You and Potter never did it?"

"Almost, but he died, didn't he?"

Draco was silent. She didn't move. "We'll get married tomorrow. Do you think you can wait that long?"

She nodded, making her hair brush his face. She had to concentrate, but she was able to pull herself away from him and walked out of this room without another word.

~*~

Wednesday night came quickly without one sighting of Draco. Ginny only left her room for a fitting for a wedding dress. It was extravagant, flowing, and the purest white she had ever seen-oddly she didn't expect anything else from Draco. She was informed by a house-elf that the wedding would take place in the garden at dusk, and to please be ready.

She was led by the same house-elf out of the drawing room, where she waited in her white gown and veil, and walked down the hallway and out the back door. Past a long, stone pathway and under an arch of roses stood Draco, in a black dress gown, and next to him an older looking wizard.

The ceremony was quick, but quite beautiful under the starry sky. The older wizard took out his wand, and united the two with magic, yellow circles glowing above their heads before diminishing. With his command, Draco moved Ginny's veil back and softly kissed her.

His lips were as soft as her wedding gown, and were as sweet as the roses above them. He was gentle with her, and cupped her cheeks with his hand. It was a quick kiss, but left a print on her lips that she couldn't get rid of even while they walked back towards the house together, hand in hand.

They walked up to his room, making no stops. He didn't carry her through the door, which Ginny was grateful for. He simply opened the door for her, and closed it after he got in.

Ginny looked around his room, having a clear view this time. It was full of black and green, and the bed was huge. She busied herself with examining an antique hairbrush on his dresser, while she saw Draco undo his dress gown in the corner of her eye.

She froze, seeing his naked chest, telling herself she knew this was coming next. She numbly took off her veil, earrings and necklace that Draco gave her from his dead mother. She just pulled off her white gloves when she felt hands on her shoulders.

"Do you want to know why I bought you?" Draco whispered into her ear.

Ginny took a deep breath and turned around. "No," she said as she slowly unzipped the side of her dress. "Not yet."

The dress pooled down to her feet, admitting a gasp from Draco as his eyes scanned her. She wasn't wearing any underwear. He too was naked, his member poking into her stomach, before he took her hand and lead her to the bed.

Ginny settled herself down in the middle of the bed and closed her eyes as Draco settled himself on top of her. She was waiting for pain when she heard a light chuckle. She opened her eyes to see a smile on his face.

"Please don't look like that," he said. "Like I'm going to hurt you." He pushed her hair out of her eyes.

"But you will, won't you?" she asked. "The hurt, its unavoidable."

Draco stared at her then slowly nodded. "Not purposely, though. I won't do that to you, Ginevra."

He leaned down and kissed her softly, almost a whisper of a kiss, of a promise that Ginny couldn't grasp to understand. He dug one hand into her hair, the other supported his weight above her. The kiss quickened with time, and soon Ginny wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer to her. A moan escaped her mouth as he opened his mouth to hers and their tongues touched. A warm want rushed through her body as he nipped her bottom lip.

Her fingers scanned his naked chest as he bent down and nipped at her neck, leaving a trail of red marks that his warm breath touched. She altogether stopped breathing when he took a nipple into his mouth.

"Draco!" she gasped, her body crouching up as he lavishly took in the other one. Her fingernails trailed on his back, leaving him growl. He pushed himself off her chest and lowered himself down to her stomach, licking it softly, trailing kisses from her navel to her inner thigh.

"You're wet," he muttered randomly before he sunk two fingers deep into her, curling them as her body trembled. She let out a cry as his thump brushed her clit, making her shudder.

"Please," she whispered as her breathing grew heavier. Draco withdrew his fingers, and making sure she was watching them, licked them clean. Her mouth dropped open and before Draco could move she sat up and grabbed him, pulling him down onto her and kissed him hungrily.

She tasted herself on his lips, which greatly excited her. Draco moaned as she grabbed his bare arse, pulling him so close her erection was poking her painfully in her thigh. "Please," she muttered into his ear.

He nodded before he shifted himself into position, and looking her in the eyes, he swiftly entered her.

Ginny gasped in pain, but Draco silenced her with a kiss as his body stood still. He only moved when, still kissing each other, Ginny moved her own hips into his. Draco withdrew and moved back in her again, quickening his stride with each thrust, and after the first two, Ginny moaned with pleasure again. She felt a knot tightening in her stomach as he pushed deeper into her, feeling like it was going to burst at any moment. She stared up into his hazed eyes; his face was forming a blanket of sweat as he moved on top of her. He took his hand and shoved it between them, finding her sweet spot, and didn't let go of it until Ginny cried out in climax.

He shortly followed her, falling on top of her as they both breathed deeply. She allowed his heavy weight to rest for a moment before he slowly rolled off her, leaving both their sweaty bodies with nothing to cover them up.

He rolled onto his side facing her and draped an arm over her belly, pulling her close to him. She nestled close, seeking comfort and sleep.

~*~

He woke her up Thursday morning with his head between her legs, lapping greedily at her as her fingers grabbed onto the sheets for support. She tried to speak her approval, but found she could only form words when her orgasm washed over her so greatly she was certain she swore.

He chuckled at her as he lifted himself off and greeted her with a kiss. "Quite a mouth you have on you," he said before he pushed himself off the bed and grabbed a robe.

Her face burnt as red as her hair, but she said nothing and found a smaller, silk white robe next to his, which she took. She quickly tied it around her body, suddenly feeling embarrassed at her naked state. When the robe was secure, she looked up, and saw Draco staring, but he said nothing and lead the way down the stairs for breakfast.

They didn't speak as they ate, but Ginny found it was a comfortable silence, and took to looking at the huge diamond ring on her finger between bites of her cereal. "I'm afraid to take a bath with this thing," she said quite seriously. "I'm afraid it will drown me."

Draco smiled at her, got up from his seat, and took her hand, leading her back up the stairs. "Well, then I'll just have to join you to keep you safe," he said as they walked into the bathroom together hand in hand.

~*~

After countless adventures in the bed, in the shower, and even on the dining room table, Ginny didn't have a chance to think straight until Friday night. She was lying next to Draco in bed; they just had another round and he was still gathering strength.

"Why?" she asked so suddenly it made him jump.

He picked himself off her lap. "Why what?" he asked as he pushed back his wet hair.

She looked at him. "Why did you buy me? Why are you being nice? Why are you acting like-"

"Like there's something more going on?" he asked as he sat next to her. He studied her for a moment. "Are you sure you want to know?"

She paused. "Will it hurt…the answer? Will it hurt me? I-I don't know if I can take any more of that right now."

He bent over and kissed her lightly. "The truth always hurts, Ginevra."

She broke his eye contact and settled into bed. "Then I don't want to know," she said. He settled next to her and she wrapped his own arm around her. "Not yet."

~*~

He said it was rare for him to go into the office on Saturdays, but he had to for several hours, and that he wanted her to be naked and on his bed when he got home. She threw a pillow at him and laughed as he left. She walked around the huge manor, not having much time to explore, and found herself at the far end of her and Draco's wing.

She opened a door to what she guessed was a study. There was a deep, mahogany desk in the center of the room, with dozens of bookcases and glass cases surrounding it. A fireplace stood at one end of the room and a large bowl with liquid stood at the next. Ignoring the bowl, she went to the desk and sat in the high back chair, suddenly wondering what a day in Draco Malfoy's life would be like.

She couldn't resist but put her feet on top of his parchment covered desk, knowing the sight of it would send Draco over the edge. She idly played with her thumbs as she looked around at broomsticks mantled on the wall. Deciding after a moment of boredom that being Draco wasn't all that exciting, she dragged her feet off his table when her left foot knocked a book over.

She quickly got to her knees and picked it up, and making sure she didn't drop anything else, she put it back on the desk. She made to leave when she glanced at the book, and despite knowing she shouldn't look, she did.

It was a journal, she discovered. She looked at the date-it was from Draco's seventh year. She skimmed through the sheets and was going to put it back when her own name caught her eye.

November 3,

She's like an obsession. Something I want, but can't have. Father says the Weasley's are all filthy, but to me, Ginevra is something I must have. I want to touch her-I want to make her mine. I want-

Ginny slammed the book shut, her breathing growing rapidly. Not knowing what to do, she ran from the study, leaving the book wide open on the desk.

~*~

She hid in a spare room until Sunday morning, surprised that Draco didn't search for her. She only left when her stomach growled so loudly with hunger, she knew she could no longer ignore it. She slowly quietly walked down the stairs and into the dining room, where she froze. Draco was already sitting at the table.

She sat at the table across from him without saying a word, but looked at his face. He seemed angry. She was halfway through her pancakes before he spoke sharply.

"So now you know."

Ginny dropped her fork in shock. She wanted to leave-she couldn't breathe. She quickly got up from her seat, but Draco was quicker and grabbed her arm from leaving.

"Let go of me, you stalker!" she yelled.

His grip tightened. "You have to understand," he said quickly. "I was different then-its not like that anymore."

"So you don't deny it then?" she asked angrily. "How long, Malfoy? How long did you watch me and want to own me?"

He stared at her, silent, and finally let go of her arm. She itched to slap him, but left the room instead.

~*~

He found her crying over a picture of her dead family on Monday in the library. She jumped when he sat next to her, but she didn't move.

"Do you miss them?" he asked, already knowing the answer.

She nodded slowly as she wiped her face. "It just happened so quickly," she whispered. She looked at him. "Though I'm sure you knew about it beforehand, didn't you?"

She glanced at his left forearm at his Dark Mark, something Draco knew she saw when he was naked with her. "Yes," he said steadily.

She set down the picture. "Why then?" she asked. "If you fancied me so much, why didn't you help me?"

He slowly moved his hand towards her, and brushed a piece of hair behind her ear. "You're still alive, aren't you?'

~*~

Ginny awoke on Tuesday morning with Draco's arm around her body once more. She blinked her tired eyes-too many dreams permitted her from any real sleep.

She turned over and stared Draco in the face, settling with the idea that he did look more peaceful in his sleep. She continued to look at her husband in her face, going over the emotions of what had happened the past week, the past year, really ever since she knew him. She tried to remember of their school years and search for any clues of his secret, but found none. She tried to remember the night of her family's death, and why she was spared, and saw it all.

Her fingers played with his hair. Draco sighed and held onto her tighter. In the end, he got what he wanted after all and she found herself grateful for it.