Unofficial Portkey Archive

When Love is Lost by dontcare89
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

When Love is Lost

dontcare89

Disclaimer: I'm not JK Rowling, just a girl with a passion for writing

Author's Note: This is rated PG13 for some heavy language. This is my first story I'm posting on Portkey! I hope everyone likes it!

<<~~~**()**~~~>>

When Ginny finally got home from "shopping" at one in the afternoon, Draco was waiting for her in a lonely chair in a dark corner of their bedroom. Next to him on the coffee table were three empty shot glasses and an envelope facing down. In his hand were photographs, which he had a tight grip on. He looked disheveled; like he had just been crying and didn't have the energy to wash his face anew.

Ginny placed her pocketbook on her bed and gave a small gasp when she saw him in the corner.

"You scared me," she said quietly. She went over to him and was leaning down to give him a kiss when he turned his head. She stood up with a bewildered look on her face.

"Where have you been?" He asked quietly while looking at the floor.

"I told you, I was going shopping."

"No…where were you?"

"You mean what shops? Well I browsed through one dress shop…"

Draco quickly interrupted her, "No. No more lies. Where were you?"

Although Draco missed it, for one fleeting moment there was a look of fright in his wife's eyes. She hid it rather well though, and looked over to the coffee table. When she saw the shot glasses, she shook her head.

"You must be drunk, dear," she started slowly, "you know you get emotional when you have too much to drink. Why don't you go lie down in bed?"

Draco shook his head and said gruffly, "Then I should have gotten drunk more often, maybe I would have listened to my emotions better when I thought something was wrong."

Ginny could no longer hide the fear in her eyes, "What do you mean?"

"Ok, different question," Draco said carefully, "how long?"

"Honey, what do you mean?"

"How long?" He repeated calmly.

"How long what?"

Draco threw the pictures that were in his hand onto the table. They were taken in muggle film so they weren't moving. Most of the pictures landed face down, except for one; it was a picture of Ginny and Harry Potter kissing passionately, his body pressing hers into the side of a building right next to a front door that Ginny recognized to be Harry's.

"How…long…have you been fucking him?" Draco asked in a dangerously low whisper.

Ginny's eyes were filled with trepidation and Draco could see them welling up with tears.

"Draco…no, I love you."

"Damn it Gin!" Draco exploded as he stood from his chair so he was now towering over her; "I said no more God damn lies!"

Ginny quivered in his shadow she kept muttering small phrases like "no" and "you don't understand".

Draco took a deep breath before looking into his wife's eyes, "Please Gin…how long?"

Very slowly, she muttered through her tears, "almost a year."

"Merlin!" Draco exclaimed. He sat down on the edge of their bed. As he ran his fingers through his hair he could here her sob.

"No," he finally said five minutes later, "When exactly did this start?"

She took a moment to think about this before saying, "Last year in September."

Draco took a minute to digest this when a realization hit him hard.

"Oh God Gin," he said miserably, "Not when I was on my business trip?"

Ginny started crying even harder, which Draco took as a "yes".

"Oh God Gin, oh God," Draco mumbled more to himself then at her, "you know why I went on that trip! I didn't want to leave you but if I went on that trip I was guaranteed a bonus at the company! You encouraged me to go on that trip! God, is that why you wanted me to go?"

"No, no, Draco no!" Ginny fell to her knees and grasped onto his, "Never, I was just so lonely, you were gone the whole week! Harry and I never planned to meet or anything! I was at a café and he was walking by. We started talking and decided to keep in touch. Later that week he invited me over to his house when Hermione was out and we…well"

"So you forgot how to close you're legs?" Draco said cruelly, "because now that I think about it, you've kept them closed to me since I got back from that trip!"

Ginny kept crying, sometimes even gasping for breath. Finally, Draco rose from the bed and walked out of the bedroom. Ginny quickly followed him to the living room where he was collecting his cloak from the closet.

"W-w-where are you g-g-going?" she asked unsteadily.

"To my parent's house," he replied simply, "I can hear their `I-told-you-so's already."

And with one swift turn, Ginny was left alone in their apartment. After grabbing her cloak, it only took one more quick turn until she was standing in the back yard of the Burrow.

<<~~~**()**~~~>>

A/N: This chapter was pretty much setting you up for the good stuff which I will be posting soon! Please review!


-->