Unofficial Portkey Archive

Lost Love by spacegal
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Lost Love

spacegal

Title: Lost Love

Rating: G

Disclaimer: I own nothing, JK Rowlings owns Harry Potter and Co; I own Jessica Blackwell

Summary: After the final war with Voldemort, Jessica has big news for the gang, someone has left the Wizarding world due to heartbreak; can they bring him back?

Warning: One shot, sequel should be up shortly.

Author Notes: Hey everyone, I'm back, sorry for the delay, the site wouldn't work well with me for a while.

Chapter: Losing him.

A dark brown hair girl with deep blue eyes looked around the Great Hall with sadness lingering in her eyes. How could he ask her to do this? How could he do this to her? She was furious yet upset at the same time, she had lost someone who was like a brother to her.

She remembered when she came to Hogwart in her sixth year, she was so confused and lost then she met him. He, readily, accepted into his group and they had become close like brothers and sisters. She could go to him whenever she needed him for help, but now, he was gone and she didn't know if she would ever see him again. Jessica Blackwell looked around the Great Hall, her eye catching on some couples as she looked around.

She saw Ginny in a deep green dress dancing with Draco, who was wearing a black tuxedo with a green tie. They both were the most surprising couple out of everyone. Ron had lost his temper when he found about them two but Harry was the most accepting, he had made friends with Draco after they had came back to school in their sixth year and understood them two.

Hermione and Ron had gotten together during their sixth year summer and was still together much to the disgust of Jessica, they just didn't seem right together and she hated it, they weren't really surprising to the school but most of the students were muttering to each other how different Hermione had become since going out with Ron.

Hermione had on a deep red dress that she had received for her Christmas from Ron, but what she didn't know that a mystery admirer had given her dress and Ron just lied to get the praise. Ron had on a blue tuxedo as well and wore a deep red tie.

Luna was wearing a sliver dress, which made her more of an angel while Neville; her partner was wearing a black tuxedo with a sliver tie.

Everyone was having fun that Voldemort was dead that they did not notice that someone was missing from the hall, she shook her head in disgust, anger rising in her blood as tears welled up in her eyes.

"Is there something wrong Miss Blackwell?" a voice asked, she turned around and smiled slightly when she saw Professor Dumbledore standing there in his deep purple robes, looking wise as always.

"Not really Professor. I guess I'm just kinda annoyed," Jessica muttered as she wrapped a hand around her black dress.

"Why would you be annoyed? This is a great day after all," He asked and Jessica snorted.

"Yeah a great day for everyone else and that's only because they're bloody blind!" she snapped. She closed her eyes in attempt to calm herself down. "I'm sorry, I did not mean to take my temper out on you," She apologises but Dumbledore just waved it off.

"Nonsense, you obviously have a good reason to be upset and I can help you know," He stated.

"Sorry Prof, but no one can help me," She replied; she walked over to the punch table, leaving Professor Dumbledore confused.

Jessica sighed once more as she picked up a glass; she looked at it then gently raised it to air slightly.

"Good Luck Harry, I hope to god that you'll find what you are looking for," She whispered to herself, wiping away a lone tear.

Hermione and Ron came up, laughing at something that Ron had said, Ginny, Draco, Neville, and Luna came up as well, they all smiled at Jessica, who turned her back on them, refusing to look at them after what they had done.

"Jessica, are you okay?" Hermione asked as she placed a hand on Jessica's shoulder only for the girl to shrug it off.

"Don't touch me," She snarled, looking at Hermione with a death glare, startling everyone.

"What's your problem?" Ron demanded as he pulled his girlfriend into a hug and Jessica shook her head, laughing hollowly.

"Nothing at all, everything is just so peachy!" Jessica snapped out sarcastically. For some reason everyone, was beginning to sense the tension in the group and started to watch with interest.

"Listen I'm sorry that you are upset but there is no need to take it out on me," Hermione quietly stated.

"No reason? No reason!" Jessica screeched. By now everyone was watching, the music had slowed down and everyone could hear what was going on.

"Calm down, we're sorry that your date never turned up," Ron snapped and Jessica shook her head as she took a step back.

"I never had a date for this damn ball in first place and I'm not upset about that!" Jessica snapped, confusing everyone.

"Then what's your problem?" Ginny asked.

"My problem is that you all are so fucking blind! That's my problem!" Jessica shouted.

"Excuse me?" Luna asked for everyone.

"You noticed that I don't have a date but you haven't even noticed that there someone missing!" Jessica explained; she crossed her arms across her chest, waiting for it to hit them.

"Oh my god, Harry isn't here!" Professor McGonagall gasped out.

Ron, Hermione, Luna, Ginny, Draco, and Neville looked around the place and realised that she was right.

"Bingo, give the lady a prize!" Jessica remarked, aggravated.

"Where is he?" Draco asked.

"He left; he left the entire wizardly world and went into the muggle world!" Jessica shouted, tears falling from her eyes.

"You love him don't you?" Luna asked and Jessica laughed as she wiped her tears away.

"Of course I love him! He's like a brother to me, I'm not in love with him!" she snapped.

"Why?" Hermione asked and Jessica shook her head.

"Because you've been so fucking blind! He's in love but that girl doesn't love him at all!" Jessica remarked.

"Who is he in love with?" Ron demanded, his eyes flashing dangerously.

"You know, he loves her so much that he's willingly left this world so she could have a happy life with the one she loves. I completely admire him for that but because of that girl, I have lost the one person who was there for me when I needed him and a brother!" she sobbed out, continuing as if she never heard Ron in the first place.

"Who is she?" everyone demanded, Jessica straightened up and walked over to Hermione.

"Wanna know? Take a look in the damn mirror!" Jessica snapped at Hermione with a cold glare. Hermione gasped in shock while everyone was stunned.

"Me?" Hermione asked and Jessica laughed.

"Yes you! He's been in love with you since sixth year summer but you went out with this prat!" Jessica explained pointing at Ron.

"Watch it missies!" Ron warned. Jessica and Ron had never gotten along, he hated the fact that she came along and was Harry's new best friend, she was a threat to the trio but Harry didn't care, he cared about Jessica too much to let her be along.

"Remember the dress that Ron 'gave' you for your Christmas?" Jessica asked, mockingly, Hermione nodded. "Wasn't Ron it all, it was Harry! Harry overheard you talking to Ginny that you didn't have a dress so he asked me where he could find a dress; I gave him the location of the shop. He waited till you left for you prefect's rounds and gave the box to me so I could leave it on your bed," Jessica explained, Hermione to Ron.

"Tell me she's lying, tell me that you really did give me the dress and weren't lying," Hermione asked.

"What dress size is she?" Jessica injected.

"A ten," Ron replied, confidently.

"Wrong buddy, she's a seven," Jessica exclaimed.

Hermione looked at Ron with betrayal in her eyes.

"You lied to me! You told me that you bought me this dress when all along it was from Harry!" Hermione snapped.

Ginny turned to Jessica.

"Where is Harry?" Ginny asked; everyone looked at her.

"I don't know, all he told me that he was leaving as he couldn't handle it anymore and he was going to change his image when he left. For all I know, he could be anywhere in the world right now. Looking like someone else," Jessica remarked with a shrug.

"We need to find him," Hermione said and Jessica shook her head.

"Sorry, but you know how good Harry is at hiding. There is no way you are going to find him and I'm not helping you," Jessica remarked.

"Why not? You love him like a brother…" Luna started.

"I'm not letting his heart get broken again, I have seen him heart broken too many times that I'm not going to let it happen again," interrupted Jessica, heatedly.

"You don't have any say in what we have to do; you don't know him like we know him," Hermione remarked and Jessica laughed.

"Oh sorry, I have been hanging around with the guy for the last two years while you two were too busy with each other," Jessica remarked sarcastically to her and shook her head. "He told me that once you found out, he didn't want you to look for him. He doesn't want your pity and he most definitely didn't want to hear your excuses of why you couldn't love him back," Jessica explained.

"I need to see him," Hermione begged but Jessica wasn't cooling down.

"Tough, you should have thought of that before you pulled away from him in the beginning."

"What do you mean?" Hermione asked.

"You were never there for at him at all! I was the one who he went to when he had a nightmare! I was the one who helped him on his homework! I was there for him whenever he was upset because his heart was broken!" Jessica exclaimed. "You were too busy shagging Ron to take any notice!" Jessica snapped, causing Hermione to look at her confused while Ron's eyes widen.

"What?" Hermione demanded and Jessica rolled her eyes.

"Do you really need me to give you the blow by blow of how you have sex? Ron was telling Harry practically every night how you were a wild animal in bed and all that crap." Jessica snapped out then her mouth snapped shut once she saw Hermione's eyes filled with shock and anger and it hit her. "You never had sex with Ron did you?" Jessica asked. Hermione turned to Ron with tears in her eyes.

"Hermione…" Ron started but cut off when Hermione slapped him across the face.

"How dare you! How dare you tell lies to Harry!" Hermione breathed out angrily.

"Why would you tell Harry that you slept with Hermione when you haven't?" Jessica asked, confused. He turned to her.

"I knew about Harry's feeling and was desperate to change them," Ron explained and there was a sharp intake of breath as the crowd was shocked.

"So you decided to make her out as a slut so that Harry would be disgusted with her?" Jessica demanded, Ron nodded and Jessica scoffed. "Thank god that I told Harry that you were obviously just bragging, making it seem like you had sex when you haven't," Jessica snapped and Hermione turned to her with hope in her eyes.

"He doesn't believe that Ron and I have had sex," Hermione asked.

"No, he doesn't, I told him that guys tends to brag about shagging girls when they haven't, they just want to be seen better and there was no way that you had sex because you didn't tell any of the girls about it and girls tend to talk about it too," Jessica assured.

"I need to see him!" Hermione pleaded.

"No way! I don't care what you say but I don't know where he is and even if I did, I wouldn't tell you," Jessica snapped and walked out of the Great Hall, out into the dark night.

She walked over to the lake and looked into it. "I'm so sorry Harry. I didn't mean to spill it all out but I was just so angry and upset!" Jessica sobbed.

"Jessica?" a female voice asked, Jessica spun around and rolled her eyes then turned back to the lake.

"What do you want now Hermione?" she asked bitterly.

"You really blame me don't you?" she asked.

"Yes! For a smart witch you are certainly dense when it comes to Harry, especially when he loves you! Hagrid knew that he loved you! It was so obvious in the way he looked at you, his eyes lights up and when ever someone mention your name, he just relaxes." Jessica explained, remembering. "You were the reason why he killed Voldemort. Voldemort threatened to kill you and Harry just lost it. All of his love for you poured into the anger and fear of losing you; he killed Voldemort just like that," Jessica explained with a snap of her fingers then turned around to see that tears were falling down Hermione's cheek. "And you broke his heart," She sighed with a shake of her head. "Just let him go. He loved you enough to let you be happy with the one person that you loved; now it times that you to let go. Don't hold on what might have been because you have lost the chance."

Music started up inside the Great Hall and Jessica smiled sadly, when the song hit her.

In your arms I can still feel the way you/ Want me when you hold me

I can still here the words you whispered/When you told me

I can stay right here forever in your arms

"You know, this was his favourite song, it was how he felt when you held him in your arms," Jessica whispered as she walked past Hermione. She stopped. "Even though the door is closed, some times a window is left open, if you know where to find it," Jessica hinted cryptically before walking off, leaving Hermione to her thoughts.

And there ain't no way-/I'm letting you go now

And there ain't no way-/And there ain't no how

I'll never see that day…/Cause I'm keeping you

Forever and for always/We will be together for all of our days

Wanna wake up every/Morning to your sweet face - always

Mmmm baby/In your heart - I can still here

A beat for every time you kiss me/And when we're apart

I can feel your love for me in your heart.

And there ain't no way-/I'm letting you go now

And there ain't no way-/And there ain't no how

I'll never see that day…/Cause I'm keeping you

Forever and for always/We will be together for all of our days

Wanna wake up every/Morning to your sweet face - always

(I wanna wake up every morning)

In your eyes - ( I can still see/the look of the one) I can still see

the look of the one who really loves me

(I can still feel the way that you want)

the one who wouldn't put anything /else in the world above me

(I can still see love for me) I can/still see love for me in your eyes

(I can still see the love)

And there ain't no way-/I'm letting you go now

And there ain't no way-/And there ain't no how

I'll never see that day…/Cause I'm keeping you

Forever and for always/We will be together for all of our days

Wanna wake up every/Morning to your sweet face - always

Cause I'm keeping you/ Forever and for always

We will be together for all of our days

Wanna wake up every/Morning to your sweet face - always

I'm keeping you forever and for always/ I'm in your arms

Hermione sat down on the rock, looking out into the lake, sobbing her heart out for the loss of Harry. Too late, she found out that she loved him and she had already lost him, maybe for good then Jessica's words hit her.

'Even though the door is closed, some times a window is left open, if you know where to find it,'

She stood up with a renewed determinedness. She was going to find Harry and god helps anyone who got in her way.

The End.

Sequel should be up soon, depending on how long I want to make it.