Unofficial Portkey Archive

Accidentally Married by ladylaughalot
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Accidentally Married

ladylaughalot

A/N ~ I know I've already got two in progress fics that I've haven't updated in far too long but it's Scout's birthday and she asked so nicely… Happy Birthday Scout

Accidentally Married

It had barely been a month since Harry had faced Voldemort for the final time and walked away the victor but already life was moving on. Tomorrow would be their graduation ceremony and final day at Hogwarts and Harry couldn't think about it without getting a lump in his throat. He knew that he was lucky to be graduating at all but he still couldn't help feeling a sense of loss, it was all ending and nothing would ever be the same again. Hermione had noticed his feelings and suggested a walk around the lake. It was getting late and the sun was setting but things were a lot safer now that Voldemort was gone, so he had agreed.

They walked out of the castle and headed towards the lake holding hands, the feel of Hermione's soft warm hand in his never failed to make him feel better. It still felt slightly surreal to him that they were dating, they'd been friends for so long, but when it had come time for him to face Voldemort he found he just couldn't do it without telling Hermione how much she meant to him first. To his utter amazement she had thrown her arms around him and admitted that she felt the same way. They kissed for the first time, there in the corridor outside the chamber where Tom Riddle was hiding, and Harry had felt that he could have died happy. Hermione had other ideas and wouldn't let him go until he promised not to give up no matter what. It was a promise that ended up saving his life.

Now as they walked side by side in the fading light looking up at the old castle they had spent so much time in together Harry couldn't help but feel extremely lucky and utterly sad at the same time.

`You know I'm really going to miss this place.' He said finally.

`I know Harry, home is where the heart is and Hogwarts has been your home.' Hermione replied squeezing his hand gently.

Harry stopped to look at her in the half light of the early evening, a gentle breeze played with her hair and the last rays of sunlight caressed her skin giving her a luminous glow.

Harry took both of her hands in his and faced her smiling slightly, `If that's true then my home isn't Hogwarts.'

Hermione frowned, `then where is it? The Burrow?' she asked confused.

Harry smiled a little more broadly then, `no, it's wherever you happen to be.'

Hermione's frown melted and she smiled at him, her eyes sparkling in the early twilight, `I feel the same way about you.'

`I mean it Hermione,' Harry said more earnestly now, `I know we haven't been together as a couple for very long, but I love you so much that I don't know what I'd do without you. You've saved my life so many times and you've always been there for me whenever I needed you for anything. Being with you is incredible and I'll do anything I can to make you happy for the rest of my life.'

Hermione was a little surprised by his declaration, but she could tell that he meant every word and she could sense that he needed to know that she felt the same way too. `I love you too Harry, I think I've loved you since I first met you. You were so sweet and kind, and every year I've watched you get kinder and braver and I've loved you a little more. I know that without you the last seven years would have been empty and meaningless and that the next seven would be the same. You've already made me happier than I ever thought I could be and I'll do anything I can to make you happy for the rest of my life.' She finished, stealing his words with a small smile.

Harry wrapped her in a fierce hug and kissed her deeply, Hermione returned his kisses with enthusiasm and neither of them noticed the soft white glow that briefly surrounded them. By the time they broke their kiss the glow had faded into the cool night air, but even if it was still there they may not have noticed. Harry spread his cloak on the ground and they lay back looking at the stars. Hermione rested her head on Harry's chest and he put his arm around her waist, they lay there for a few moments just enjoying the crisp night air and each other's company. Hermione rolled onto her stomach and leaned further across Harry's chest to stroke his hair. Harry smiled up at her, she leaned down and kissed him and he kissed her back.

Their kisses became more and more heated and when Hermione reached underneath Harry's shirt he couldn't take any more. He rolled her over onto her back and pushed himself between her legs. She opened willingly for him and began to grind into him. They had done a little more than kiss a few times but things had never gotten this far before and Harry didn't want to do anything that she would regret. With the greatest difficulty in the world he pulled away from her slightly. Hermione missed his heat immediately and opened her eyes to look directly into his, they were dark with desire but she also saw concern there.

`What's wrong?' she whispered hoarsely

`I love you Hermione and I don't want to do anything that you'll regret later, but if we keep this up I may not be able to stop.'

Hermione felt her heart swell with love for this man who cared about her so much, `We're not going to do anything I'll regret Harry, I love you and I know you'd never do anything to hurt me.'

Harry felt his throat constrict, `are you sure Hermione?'

`It's a beautiful night, our last at Hogwarts, and I'm with the man I love who loves me, what more could I ask for?'

`I…' Harry began, but Hermione cut him off, `Just kiss me Harry'

So he did, and they spent the night together under the stars.

***

The next morning when they woke up the sun was shining and the birds were chirping. Hermione woke up slowly amazed that they had actually fallen asleep under the stars the night before. She looked at her watch to check the time, the graduation ceremony started at ten and she had a lot to do before then.

`Oh Merlin! Harry get up! Quickly! Now!' she demanded as she searched, panicked, for her shoes.

`What's going on?' Harry asked, he felt groggy and his head hurt a bit from sleeping on the hard ground without a pillow.

`We're going to be late! That's what's going on!' she found her shoes and jammed them onto her feet.

`What time is it?' He asked sitting up and rubbing his head.

`It's 9:30, and I've got to go, I love you!' and she dashed off back up to the school.

Harry sat on the ground rubbing his head and smiling, she said she loves me, he thought a silly grin on his face despite the pain in his head. Then he remembered what else she'd said, `shit it's 9:30!' he exclaimed. He jumped up, pushed on his shoes, grabbed his cloak and dashed off back up to the castle.

When he finally got back to his dormitory Ron was already dressed and ready to head off to the great hall for the ceremony.

`You're cutting it a bit fine, aren't you?' He yelled at Harry as he dashed into the bathrooms.

`I forgot the time!' Harry called as he splashed water on his face and brushed the little bits of grass out of his hair. Ron looked around the doorway at him.

`I saw Hermione dash through the common room a few minutes ago. She had twigs and crap in her hair too… I suppose you forgot the time together did you.' He asked with a grin.

`Sod off.' Harry muttered pulling on a fresh set of robes and feeling his face burn.

Ron's grinned broadened, `I thought so, but don't worry I won't press for details… what was it like?'

`I thought you weren't going to press for details.' Harry said pulling on his tie and attempting to straighten it.

`I'm not, I'm just messing with your head.'

`Well stop it, I'm not in the mood.' Harry snapped turning away from the mirror and pulling his shoes back on.

`I bet you weren't saying that last night.' Ron quipped.

`You're just loving this, aren't you?' Harry snapped annoyed as he strode out of the dormitory and headed toward the great hall at top speed.

`You bet, this is the most fun I've had in ages.' Ron called after him as they jogged through the corridors.

`Well you can just bloody stop it, you wouldn't want Hermione to hear you.' Harry said panting as he stopped to push open the doors to the great hall.

Ron looked around nervously as they entered, `she's up on stage to give her valedictorian speech, she's not going to hear me.'

`Right well you can bloody stop it anyway or I'll start talking about what you haven't done with Luna.' Ron went silent a bright red blush creeping up his neck. Harry glanced over at him and gave him a smug smile.

`Piss off.' Ron hissed at him but both boys grinned.

It turned out that they had arrived just in time, just as they took their seats Professor McGonagall stepped up to the podium and the hall quietened. The diploma's were handed out with a Professor McGonagall saying a few words about each student before calling their name and handing out their diploma. By the time the speeches started Harry felt that he'd spent the best part of his life at the interminably long graduation ceremony. Finally Hermione approached the podium to give her valedictorians speech. Harry had helped her practice her speech and knew it so well he could have said it with her and he knew, as well as his own name, her final line which was to be `Finally I'd like to thank my good friend Harry Potter, without whom I would not be standing here today.' He was desperately looking forward to that final line, because it signalled the end of the ceremony and the beginning of some serious celebration.

She was getting towards the end of her speech now, he knew it, then finally he heard the beginnings of her final line.

`Finally,' she said and paused meeting his eyes across the crowd, `I'd like to thank my hus..' she stopped choking a little. `Sorry' she said and took a sip of water. She did another little cough this time as though to clear her throat, `I'd like to thank my hus..' she stopped and took a step back from the microphone to clear her throat more forcefully. Professor McGonagall walked over and laid a hand on Hermione's shoulder looking concerned. They spoke for a few seconds Hermione seemed to be explaining something and looked confused. Professor McGonagall looked confused for a moment too and then startled and spoke quickly to Hermione. Hermione looked horrified for a moment, looked down and then she simply crumpled to the floor in a dead faint.

Harry was up out of his chair and striding for the stage before she'd even hit the ground a million questions swirling through his mind. What was happening? Why had Hermione fainted like that? Why had she been choking? Then a question occurred to him that almost stopped him in his tracks. What had she nearly said instead of good friend? It was just as this question occurred to him that he noticed it, on the third finger of his left hand was a gold wedding band. He had just reached the stage when he saw it and he saw quite clearly a matching band on Hermione's finger. Suddenly he knew why she had feinted and looking into Professor McGonagall's eyes, he knew that he had a lot of explaining to do.

***

Yes I know another H/Hr get married under strange circumstances fic from me… what can I say, I love them. please leave a review.


-->