Unofficial Portkey Archive

Vanilla's Secret by snoopy_pie
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Vanilla's Secret

snoopy_pie

This was a response to a challenge I did. It isn't finished yet but I hope to finish it soon. Thanks for reading and as always none of it is mine and I make no money on it. Hope you enjoy!

Manda


Basic Overview
of Challenge from Azalea:

Harry and Hermione are a couple, either just dating or engaged (it's up to you), and they decide to go on a summer vacation together. On one very hot summer day during their vacation, they decide to get some ice-cream. Hermione wants to get a chocolate/strawberry ice-cream, but Harry tells her to try something different for once. Reluctantly agreeing, Hermione allows him to pick for the both of them, and she'll wait for him at the beach.

After a few minutes, Harry comes back with vanilla ice-cream for both of them. Of course, Hermione is surprised, and asks Harry about whatever happened to the different flavor they were supposed to get. Harry protests and explains why he got vanilla.


Chapter One

Hermione bit her bottom lip worriedly as she scanned the little book that Harry had brought over to her flat earlier that morning. It was Saturday evening and the small pamphlet was creased and worn from an entire day of being read over and over again. Hermione's brown eyes flashed upward to see anxious green eyes dazzling at her from across the kitchen table. This decision needed to be made, but it made her stomach flip upside down just thinking about it. Was it too soon? Just what exactly did he expect once they got there? What did she expect to happen? It was all very overwhelming and it made her feel a little light headed just looking at the beautiful hotel that overlooked a gorgeous white sand beach and it had a sparkling Olympic size pool…with a double helix slide no less.

"Harry, I'm not sure… I mean it is a huge step don't you think?" Hermione almost giggled from his expression of complete disappointment but he recovered quickly.

"Hermione, you trust me don't you?" Harry gave her a sheepish grin and she could tell he was nervous because he started rambling on and on. "I mean Ron would probably be going with us if he didn't have to work that week. It's not like I am trying to seduce you." Oddly enough he shifted uncomfortably in his seat before smiling at her hopefully. "Well, you know I do enjoy being with you and I wouldn't say no to…well I mean I would never do anything to make you uncomfortable. You know that."

Hermione eyed him suspiciously and couldn't help but wonder if Ron's sudden change in work schedules wasn't somehow contrived and she dropped her eyes to the pamphlet once again. She was trying to keep her heart from pounding but the thought of being alone with Harry for an entire week was very tempting. They had begun dating exclusively about 3 months ago and so far things couldn't be better but their relationship was still very young and neither of them seemed to want to rush things. This vacation might very well jumpstart the passion that always seemed to simmer below the surface. Hermione sometimes thought they were afraid of ruining the beautiful friendship they had. Occasionally she thought of stopping things before they got too serious, but something always stopped her no matter how dangerous it all seemed. The way he looked at her lately made her want to drown in those dreamy eyes and she almost always inevitably ended up in his arms. He was always very passionate which left no doubt to his physical attraction to her but something down deep inside made her think that she was just to plain for "The" Harry Potter. This thought always stopped her from taking things to the next level. Perhaps this was their chance to see if they were truly meant to be together. Pushing some errant locks of hair out of her face she sit back against the hard wood of the chair and gave him a shy smile before nodding excitedly.

"Okay Harry lets do it! When do we leave?"

Harry brought both his hands down on the table with a crack and pulled one arm close to his body and almost shouted an emphatic "YES!" Hermione giggled when he pulled her out of the chair and wrapped his arms around her and excitedly spun her around. Hermione wasn't entirely sure the dizziness she experienced was enough to require assistance, but it was a lovely excuse to cling onto him a little longer.

"You're going to love Hawaii Hermione!" Harry's enthusiasm was infectious and soon they were laughing and giggling nervously as they both realized they were about to have their first vacation as a couple.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The plans were made, their bags were packed, the reservations were confirmed…twice and Hermione was a nervous wreak. Harry had just left her flat after explaining excitedly that he would pick her up about 6 am so they could go have breakfast before leaving for the airport. They decided to do things the muggle way in order to keep a low profile. Harry still had crazies following him hoping for a story on the young hero. He had lingered a little longer at her flat than usual kissing and touching her at every opportunity until she had to almost shoo him away. When he at last stood on her doorstep he wrapped his arms around her and gently teased the nape of her neck with his lips making her shiver. He didn't kiss her but when he raised his emerald green eyes to hers she saw a hunger there that made her turn scarlet. He very softly caressed her cheek before winking at her and apparating away with a loud popping noise. Oh boy what had she gotten herself into? She was very nervous about this vacation because as time passed she was certain she was falling in love with him and that was dangerous for her heart.

She was excited about the trip, but there was this small tickle of a thought that had implanted itself in the back of her mind. What if Harry wanted this vacation to liven their relationship up a bit? What if he didn't like her plainness or her total lack of fiery passion? She could think of a couple of young ladies who would fit that particular bill perfectly and she wrinkled up her nose in disgust. She had decided earlier that week that there was no way she was going to be plain on this vacation. She was going to show Harry a side of her that would prove to him that she was just as thrilling and just as exhilarating as any of those other girls he had dated in the past. Hermione Granger was going to knock his socks off with how sporty she was going to be on this trip. She wasn't even taking any books with her!

Later that evening while Hermione was dreaming about a certain green eyed wizard, Harry Potter was lying wide awake in his bed staring at his bedroom ceiling. He was hoping and praying that Hermione wouldn't back out of their trip at the last minute. He had gotten the vibe that she was extremely nervous but for the life of him he couldn't figure out why. Of course he was attracted to her and loved touching her exquisite body but that didn't mean he didn't have self control. He was finding it increasingly difficult to leave her every evening though, and he often found himself dreaming of what it would be like to move their snogging to her lovely bedroom. He imagined swooping her up in his very capable arms and whisking her away for a night of unbelievable passion and his daydreams were getting quite detailed. Harry had never felt this way about anyone he had ever dated and the fact that it was Hermione who made him feel this way was sometimes very frightening. Women were always falling all over themselves to snag the "chosen one" for an evening and for awhile Harry enjoyed that aspect of his fame immensely. However, that soon got old and he began hoping for something more meaningful. He hadn't told Hermione yet but he was certain he loved her and he planned on telling her when the time was right.

Hermione had been unwittingly the standard that he held every woman he had ever dated to. Even though he saw her most every day his nights were extremely lonely and his arms ached to hold her close. He loved how simple and natural his relationship was with Hermione. There was no need to impress her or keep her interest by going nuts with Quiditch or trying to be adventurous when he really only wanted someone to share his life with. He enjoyed the peaceful evenings they spent together and he absolutely loved the moments when she would be reading quietly while he watched television; their legs intertwined. There was no reason to chatter away at each other if they didn't have much to say. It seemed perfectly fine to cuddle up with her on the couch after dinner to just enjoy each other's company. They had fallen asleep like that a few times and Harry had awakened to just look at her while she slept. Yes, life with Hermione Granger was sweet and completely tranquil, something Harry treasured more than anything. He smiled to himself as he drifted off to sleep with images of her floating through his mind comforting and loving him as only she could.


-->