Unofficial Portkey Archive

My Bloody Valentine by Waterlilly
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

My Bloody Valentine

Waterlilly

A/N: I don't own any of the characters or the song. Credit goes to J.K. Rowling and Good Charlotte. And I hate Good Charlotte by the way, but I love this song!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Oh, my love

Please don't cry

I'll wash my bloody hands and

We'll start a new life

I ripped out

His throat

And called you on the telephone

To take off

My disguise

Just in time to hear you cry when you

Mourn the death of your bloody Valentine

The night he died

You mourn the death of your bloody Valentine

One last time

"Ginny," he called from the fireplace.

He heard her and turned his head to see her crying at her dining room table.

"What's wrong?"

Ginny looked up at him with tears running down her cheeks, "Can you just come over?"

"Anything, Ginny."

In the next moment he had apparated into her dining room. He sat down beside her and put his arms around her, "What's going on?"

"They found him . . . in his house. He's . . . someone killed him . . . " she sobbed into his chest.

Oh, my love

Please don't cry

I'll wash my bloody hands and

We'll start a new life

I don't know much at all

And I don't know wrong from right

All I know is that I love you tonight

Tonight . . .

"Don't cry, Ginny. It's going to be okay."

Ginny looked up at him, "But I loved him. I don't know what I'm going to do!"

"I'll help you. I'd do anything for you."

She laid her head back down on his chest.

"Thank you."

"Do you want to go?"

She nodded, "Help me apparate, I don't think I can."

"Are you gonna be okay if we go?"

"I don't know, but I need to go."

He nodded and hugged her to him as he apparated them to his house.

There was police and

Flashing lights

The rain came down so hard that night and the

Headlines read

A lover died

No telltale heart was left to find when you . . .

They apparated in front of Grimmauld Place and aurors were everywhere. Rain was pouring, making Ginny's hair stick to her face and her teeth chatter.

"Miss Weasley, are you all right to be here," an Auror asked while walking briskly toward her.

Ginny avoided the question by asking one of her own, "Where is he? Have they . . . taken him yet?"

"Yes, they have. I'm so sorry, you wouldn't have wanted to see it anyway. Maybe you should head back home."

Ginny nodded and the Auror walked away while they apparated back to her apartment.

"Will you stay . . . I don't want to be alone."

"Sure, Ginny. Anything. Do you want me to sleep on the couch?"

"That would be best. I'll grab you a pillow and a blanket."

He nodded and watched her walk into the living room closet. She brought him the pillow and blanket and he laid them on the couch, "Are you ready for bed, Gin?"

Ginny nodded, "If I need you, will you come?"

"Of course."

Ginny walked like a zombie into her room. She laid down on her back and just stared at the ceiling for what seemed like hours.

The next thing she knew, something was prodding her awake, "Hey, Gin. Are you okay?"

"As good as I can be, what time is it?"

"It's only ten."

"Has the Daily Prophet come yet?"

He nodded.

She got up and when into the kitchen where he had already made her blueberry pancakes, her favorite. She tried to smile, but couldn't.

She sat down and looked at the headline, "Love of the Wizarding World Dies."

"I can't read it," she said, pushing it away.

He nodded understandingly, "Do you want some syrup? I got blueberry, your favorite."

"I can't eat."

He looked disappointed, but nodded all the same.

Tears started to slowly run down her cheeks.

You mourn the death of your bloody Valentine

The night he died

You mourn the death of your bloody Valentine

One last time

Oh, my love

Please don't cry

I'll wash my bloody hands and

We'll start a new life

I don't know much at all

And I don't know wrong from right

All I know is that I love you tonight

Tonight . . .

"Oh Ginny, please don't cry again. It's okay. We can start over."

"What are you talking about?"

"We can start over, Ginny. Make a new life, to get over Harry."

"I don't understand."

"I love you, Ginny. Don't you understand that?"

"You love me?"

"Yes Ginny, I have been in love with you for so long, but I didn't do anything because you were in love with Harry."

"And now you want me to start a new life with you? Just like that? Like Harry meant nothing at all?"

"No, Ginny. We'll take it slow, give you some time to heal."

"No romance yet?"

"It's up to you how fast we move, or if we move at all. I love you, Ginny. I don't want to lose

you."

"I'm not over him yet. I just want to know why this happened to him. Who would've done this?"

He looked down at his feet, remembering what he had done that night . . .

He dropped you off, I followed him home

Then I, I stood outside his bedroom window

Standing over him, he begged me not to do

What I knew I had to do cause I'm so in love with you

~*~

"Goodnight, Gin. I'll see you in the morning."

"Ok, Harry. I love you."

He leaned forward and kissed her, "I love you, too."

Harry began to walk back to Grimauld Place, enjoying the cool night air, thinking about Ginny.

He had no idea someone was following him.

He bounded up his stairs jubilantly and entered his home and went into the kitchen to put away his leftovers from his date. Something outside his window caught his eye. He was about to go back out onto his porch when the very man that was staring into his window shoved him back inside.

"Expelliarmus," he said quietly, and Harry's wand soared into the attacker's hand.

"What are you doing," Harry bellowed at him.

"I love her," the man stated simply, but his eyes were full of hatred and rage.

"Please don't do this, if you kill me, you can never have her. If -"

"But if I don't kill you, I still won't have her. I have a better chance this way."

Harry held up his hand in a defensive motion, "Draco, think about what you're doing!"

"Trust me, Harry, I've thought about it. Millions of times have I planned your murder but didn't go through with it. Not this time. This time I will do it, and I will get Ginny."

Before Harry could say anything else, Draco raised Harry's wand and muttered, "Avada Kedavra."

~*~

Oh, my love

Please don't cry

I'll wash my bloody hands and

We'll start a new life

I don't know much at all

I don't know wrong from right

All I know is that I love you tonight

Tonight

Draco looked back up at Ginny. She was still crying. He got up, walked over to her and picked her up bride- style. He took her to the couch and sat down, holding her.

He was patting her hair as she cried.

He whispered in her ear, "I'll never leave you, Ginny. I love you."

She nodded into his chest, and soon she quit crying. She was ready to get over it, ready to start fresh.


-->