Unofficial Portkey Archive

Reawakening by alayneni
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Reawakening

alayneni

Title - Reawakening

Summary: An ancient evil has regained consciousness and is trying to manipulate prominent figures to release himself from his bondage. Meanwhile, our favourite characters are forced to adopt three children into their lives. Hhr, DG, RLL, Remus/Tonks

Prologue

10,000 years ago

Violent winds ripped through a large plain blowing dust, grass, large boulders and trees into the air. Dark clouds with heavy rain and thunder accompanied many tornadoes that swept through the plain further destroying it. In the very middle of this hectic scene, three people were viciously fighting. Two young adults fought for the side of the light while one older man fought to bring darkness to the planet.

"Soriah, the stone you must put it in place." The young boy called out to his female companion. Soriah was trying to complete the circle of stones they had made around their evil companion. The stones each had a rune carved into them and once they were placed in the correct formation and order they would prove to be a very powerful force.

"Yes Yoro, I am trying but he is too strong. He has summoned the power of the wind. I can't get close enough to place the stone," replied Soriah.

"You must try. If we fail all is lost." Yoro said as he turned his attention to his enemy.

"Viveck!" He called, hoping to draw Viveck's full attention towards him so that Soriah could complete the stone formation.

"What you pitiful little creature. You can't stop me. I have discovered the ultimate force!" He sneered at him.

Yoro waved his staff and cast a series of successive curses at Viveck. The old man repelled the curses easily and rebounded with deadlier magic.

"Your magic isn't strong enough, you pathetic fool." Viveck said.

Soriah was still trying to place the final stone in place. She had three feet to go but the wind was holding her back. She threw all her weight forward and she still couldn't muster enough strength to move on. She glanced to the side and noticed a small rabbit sheltering behind a large rock that had fallen on the ground. The wind was blowing around the rock and Soriah immediately got an idea.

Soriah conjured a large rock in front of the final setting. The rock broke the wind enough for her to move forward. Viveck's full attention was trained on Yoro and he hadn't noticed her progression. Soriah was just about to put the stone in place when she sensed Viveck's gaze on her. He threw a curse at her and she leapt forward to put the stone in place and then ducked at the last minute behind the rock. The rock shattered throwing smaller pieces into the air.

Yoro couldn't see what happened to Soriah after the rock exploded but he realised that she managed to get the stone in place and he quickly chanted the spell to seal Viveck's magic into the stone circle.

Viveck tried to throw a curse at Yoro but was unsuccessful, his magic had been sealed. Yoro stunned him and he collapsed on the floor. Soriah limped over to Yoro and they both collapsed in the circle.

After the evil magic was sealed in the stones the clouds went away and the wind died down to reveal a beautiful sunny day. An elderly figure began making his way onto the plain. The figure used his walking stick to move through the debris scattered about the once grassy field. The man stopped when he came upon the two young adults lying in the circle of stones. They were both breathing heavily and staring up at the sky.

"Is it over grandfather?" The young man asked

"For now." The elderly figure answered.

Present day

Somewhere in the underbelly of one of the great muggle cities, a mother sat with her three young children. She appeared to be homeless and living in a cardboard box. People walked the streets oblivious to the presence of the woman and her children. The mother was feeding her youngest child when her eyes rolled back into her head and a black mist surrounded her. She started to speak in an ancient language and she seemed to be reciting the same four lines over and over. The woman collapsed and her children rushed to her side. When she finally awoke she disappeared into thin air with her children. Passer-bys were completely oblivious to the scene that unfolded just a few moments earlier.

At the same time half way across the planet a small rat scurried through an ancient temple deep underground. After avoiding many traps and wards the rat arrived at a solid door marked with ancient runes. The rat transformed into the form of a man and kneeled in front of the door.

"Master, you summoned."

"I have found the seer. Follow my instructions and retrieve her. She alone posses the knowledge to break the ancient magic holding me." A voice in his head commanded.

"As you wish my lord," responded his loyal subject. The man transformed back into the rat and left the temple in search of the one his Master needed.

_____________________________________________________________________

An: Thanks for reading. This is just the prologue. The chapters are longer.


-->