Unofficial Portkey Archive

A Lesson From Luna by Eternal Love LJ
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

A Lesson From Luna

Eternal Love LJ

Disclaimer: I don't own Ron or Luna. Did you think I did?

-xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox-.-xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox-.-xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox-

A Lesson From Luna

By: Eternal Love LJ

-xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox-.-xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox-.-xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox-

I don't even know how I ended up alone with the girl in the first place. I'm not a big fan of girls that have hair down to their ass and I'm not that big of a fan of girls that need some mental help. But other than that, Luna did help us in the Department of Mysteries. I guess it's not that bad that I'm with Luna. Maybe it is bad that my wand is on the other end of the door. It might also be a problem that Luna accidentally left her wand at her bedside. Who the hell leaves their wand next to their bed? That's like leaving your shoes by the door when you're heading outside. No one does that. Well, I guess that Luna does, but she does need some mental help, so maybe it's okay that she did that. I guess to her it was like leaving a light on by accident or like forgetting to feed your pet. Which really isn't all that great of a metaphor, because then the dog could die of starvation. Maybe Luna is against animal activists.

Wait, maybe it's me who needs the mental help.

"Ronald?" said Luna's voice. "Do you have a spare sock with you?"

I turned to Luna and gave her a weird look. "Who carries around an extra sock?"

"Well, I usually do," said Luna. "But I must be off today."

"Yeah, you left your wand in your dorm," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Oh, no. I do that all the time," she said, smiling. "But there will come a day in your life when you realize that your wand is not nearly as precious as your socks, Mr. Weasley."

"Why would I ever need my sock more than my- never mind. I don't need to be having this conversation."

"Oh, yes you do, Ronald," Luna said. "You need to learn at least one new thing each day. Today I learned that you have no knowledge of the uses of socks. What have you learned today?"

"Umm," I said, trying to think. "I learned to always have my wand at hand, because you never know when you're going to get shoved and locked into a closet with Luna Lovegood."

"Oh! That means I've learned two new things today. I've learned that you have a lack of need for socks, and I should carry around my wand just incase you need it."

I almost let myself smile, but shook it off. "Do you have a copy of the Quibbler or something? I need a good laugh."

"I could make you laugh, Ronald," she smiled. "I'm quite funny when I need to be."

"Are you really?" I asked. "I've never seen you be funny."

"Well, you usually hog all the funniness. You with your baboon backside jokes!" Luna said, laughing at the fond memory.

"That was a long time ago, Luna. I've matured since then," I replied.

"Yeah, sure," Luna said, still laughing. "You've dated that horrible Lavender girl."

I looked down at Luna with a frown on my face. "She was not a horrible girl. She taught me a lot."

"More than one thing a day?" Luna asked. "Because if that's true, then you did learn a lot from her."

"Well, I mean, she wasn't all that bright, but I'm sure I could think of at least ten things that she taught me," I replied.

"Ten things about school? Or ten things about the anatomy of a woman?" Luna asked.

I opened my mouth to respond, but then closed it again. Why did she have to be so damn forward? "Sure, she taught me a couple good lessons about women, but it's not like that's all we did while we were dating."

"Okay," Luna agreed. "What else did you do?"

"We did homework together once or twice," I said.

"Why did you break up, Ronald?" Luna asked. "If she taught you so much."

"She thought that I was cheating on her," I cringed.

"Oh, right. With Hermione," Luna nodded. "What a silly girl. Everyone knew that you liked me!"

If I had a drink in my mouth, I would have spit it onto her face in shock. "What!?"

"You like me, of course!" Luna said. "I realized that I liked you too after I went on that little date with Harry. He didn't seem very interested."

Ron remembered back onto Slughorn's Christmas party. "Hermione was supposed to take me to that."

"Does it make you mad that she didn't?" Luna asked.

"No, not really."

"Well, I would think that it would because we could have talked. I'm sure that Hermione wouldn't have minded! And I would have loved to talk to you," Luna smiled.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes! Oh, Ronald, I love talking to you right now! You're such a great talker," she said.

For some reason, I really liked it that Luna thought I was a good talker. Maybe it was just because no one had ever told me that before. "I didn't know I was a good talker."

"Oh! You have learn something from me," Luna said, ecstatic.

"I guess I have," I smiled.

"Isn't it fun to learn things from people that you care about?" Luna asked.

"I guess it is," I said.

"You have so much to learn, Ronald. I can teach you," Luna said.

"Well, we're locked in this effing closet. So I guess you can start now," I said, leaning back against the wall.

"Oh! What a good idea!" Luna said. "Where do you want me to start?"

"Why don't you tell me about love, Luna. Love," I said, letting my eyes closed.

"What a great topic, Ronald! Not only are you a good talker, but also you have great ideas! Well, when it comes to love, I think that in current times, it's tossed around too lightly. I bet you and Lavender were telling each other that you loved them by the second week!"

"Yeah, we were," I said, opening my eyes.

"Well, that's wrong," Luna said firmly. "You can only tell someone that you love them when you really mean it. Like right now, I could tell you that I love you and you would have to believe me because I do."

"You love me? Come on, Luna, we haven't even really talked that much," I said.

"Talking doesn't matter. You might be good at it, but you can tell a lot about a person by how they stand. how they walk, how they use their hands on conversation. You have a lot of spunk, Ronald, and I like that. You have a nice walk, and I like nice things. Plus, you hold yourself with just enough confidence that you look approachable. But you look just scared enough to be absolutely adorable!"

"I'm not adorable!" I said.

"In a manly way, of course," Luna said, smiling.

"That's an oxymoron. You can't be adorably manly."

"And why not?" Luna asked.

"Because you're either manly or . . . feminine."

"Fine. You're femininely adorable."

"No! I'm not adorable!"

"But you are feminine," Luna said, smiling.

"Fine, maybe you are a little funny, Luna, but that doesn't change the fact that you cannot be manly and . . . cute at the same time."

"I didn't say anything about cute," Luna said. "But you are kind of cute when you're mad."

"I give up," I said.

"Well, you seemed to have learned something else!" Luna smiled. "That you can be manly adorable!"

"I never said that- whatever. Yes, I learned something new, my dearest Luna."

"And I just learned that you're a very sweat manly man," Luna said.

"I'm not even going to start with you on that one."

"And there you go. You learned to just go with what's right, and Luna is what's right right now," Luna said.

"Don't talk in third person."

"But Luna wants to," she smiled.

"But Ronald hates it," I said, taking a step towards her.

"I think that I want Ronald to kiss me," Luna said, taking a step towards me.

I pause for a second. "Go with what's right, Ronald," she said.

I looked in her eyes and slowly brought my hand up to her cheek. "You are kind of pretty . . ."

"And you're a very cute manly man," she smiled.

I slowly brought my lips to hers and learned that she was right. Right now, Luna is what's right, and I need to go with what's right.

I wonder what else I can learn . . .

-xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox-.-xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox-.-xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox-

A/n: I mostly wanted to do a little Ron/Luna because it would be the hundredth on the site, but I thought that this was pretty cute. Leave a review! Thanks!


-->