Unofficial Portkey Archive

Until The End Of Time by Phantom Keeper
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Until The End Of Time

Phantom Keeper

Until The End Of Time -

---------------

Summary: They had what could be classified as a relationship 5 years ago, that resulted in Ginny becoming pregnant. When she tried to tell Draco, she was turned away like she was his past whore. Now he's back in her life as a business partner in her restaurant, and refusing to leave Ginny and their child alone, much to her dismay.

Draco/Ginny

Future, AU

Romance, drama, (attempts at) humor

R/M for language, sexuality, possibly violence and innuendo

---------------

Prologue: Accidental Babies

Ginny Weasley. 19. Healthy as a horse. That's what she knew her chart would read as the doctor looked it over, his brow furrowed as he flipped between the pages. She twirled the hem of her shirt nervously, staring at him expectantly as she knawed at her lower lip. An inner monologue was sending out pleading vibes that he didn't confirm what she already knew. What two out of three other home tests and three out of four other doctors, wizard and muggle alike, had told her. That Ginny Weasley was 19 and healthy as a horse… save the bun in her proverbial oven.

The doctor looked up at her and smiled, "Well Miss Weasley, I have to agree with three of your other doctors. You're definitely pregnant. Due in November. Congratulations."

His smile was supposed to be reassuring; it was supposed to be what caused excitement to bubble up inside of her and consume her as the news became reality. Ginny knew all of this. He probably learned how to do it in training. But really, the only thing it caused to bubble was nausea. And it bubbled right up and into his trash bin next to his feet. This wasn't morning sickness… well, not just possibly. It was fear. Overwhelming fear that made her want to run as far and fast away as possible as 'how' kept rolling through her head in large letters. How could she be pregnant at 19? This wasn't supposed to be her life. None of it was. He certainly wasn't supposed to be the father. And that thought caused her to empty her stomach into the trash again, her nose scrunching as the smell reached her nose. She sat there for another moment longer, taking deep breaths through her mouth as she tried to gather herself together. The doctor's presence behind her was supposed to be reassuring too, she imagined. But it wasn't. Right now, she just wanted to beat him to death with his stupid clipboard, and his stupid results!

---------------

"Please! We need to speak, Draco." Ginny begged, standing at the doorway to Malfoy Manor. It'd been over a month and a half since she'd been to see him. Since he'd maliciously broke her heart. Here she stood though, attempting to share with him that in a little less than 8 months time, he'd be the father to her unborn child, her hand pressed against the door to his mansion, keeping him from slamming it in her face once more. Once upon a time, he would be dragging her inside with his mouth attached to hers before a foot even crossed the threshold. Now, he couldn't seem to get her off his property and out of his life fast enough. She didn't know what had caused the sudden cold change in the man she loved, and he ignored every inquiry she made about it.

"Get the hell off my property, Weasley, before I have you forcefully banished for trespassing!" Draco Malfoy growled, trying again to close the door in her face, but she was amazingly strong for such a small girl. He imagined it had to do with growing up with her six brothers, and for the millionth time in his life, he cursed the Weasley reproductive ability. Why couldn't she just leave? He knew he'd been successful in breaking her heart. She was supposed to hate him now, and leave him alone forever. Not hang around like a lost puppy trying to get him to talk to her.

"Draco, please! Five minutes of your time. You owe me, that much." Ginny ground through clenched teeth, hand balling into a fist against the door as she glared at him.

The sudden change between desperate and angry surprised Draco, but he masked it with his own angry glare towards her, "I told you, Weasley. I just wanted to pop the cherry of the first Weasley girl in a generation. I only kept you around for so long because you were pretty good in the sack once you learnt a few tricks. But I got bored with your body. And your personality is awfully drab, not that personality matters much to me anyways. So run along. I've got someone waiting for me upstairs." Draco drawled in a flat, bored tone as he recited the speech he gave her when he broke up with her. He even looked down at his nails and buffed them on his bare chest. He didn't hear her turn to leave, so he went for the final straw. He wordlessly conjured a sock and dug into the pocket of his pants, pulling out a few galleons. He dropped them into the sock and threw it at her, "There. You're free of the Malfoy service."

Ginny didn't understand it as she looked down at the sock in her hand. The first thing to run through her mind was that he somehow had found out in the past few days that she was pregnant, and this was his solution. It took a beat before it clicked. A sock and galleons. A piece of clothing and money. He saw her as a whore, a house elf. Someone he could use and release shortly thereafter when their presence didn't befit him any longer. Rage filled her as she realized what the objected in her hand meant. She looked up at him, pinning her harshest glare at him as her hand tightened around the sock. "You Draco Malfoy, can burn in hell for all of eternity like your father." She growled, hitting him where she knew it hurt; comparing him to his father. Then she really hit him, by whacking him hard in the arm with the galleon-filled sock. Once. Twice. Three times, before she turned and left angrily. Now she was glad that she hadn't managed to tell him that she was pregnant. She could do this without him. All she needed was her family by her side.

---------------

Telling the Weasley family hadn't been easy. Bill refused to speak to her out of disappointment. Fred and George wouldn't speak to her after she blew up at them, and then nearly blew them up. They knew not to mess with a pregnant woman and her hormones. Charlie was disappointed, but at least managed to look at her without despair rolling across his features. Percy had lectured her, and Ginny had punched him… it wasn't that he wouldn't speak to her, he just couldn't through his fat lip for awhile. Ron had been typical, threatening to murder the man that deflowered his little sister and got her pregnant in one fell swoop. Her parents… well, her mother was happy that she was starting early. However, after the momentary bliss wore off, she remembered lack of male accompaniment and the fact that her daughter wasn't so much as wearing an engagement ring, and immense disappointment became the emotion that wrought the Weasley matriarch.

Telling her few sole friends hadn't been much easier on Ginny. Hermione, who she thought was her only real female friend, had jumped into a lecture as well about not being careful enough. Ron had forcefully dragged Ginny away before she gave Hermione the same treatment that she'd gave Percy. Harry had been indifferent, much like he'd been to everything else around him since the war. Ginny supposed she took most comfort in his reaction, as opposed to everyone else's. No emotion was better than every other one that she'd encountered, including her own.

At least she hadn't been disowned. She just had to deal with the air of disappointment that seemed to amass wherever she went.

---------------

On November 12th, Silas Charles Weasley was born 9 pounds, 10 ounces to Ginevra Molly Weasley, accompanied by her brother Charles Weasley and sister-in-law Fleur Delacour-Weasley. The rest of the family was preoccupied watching Ron Weasley play Quidditch, and also lose. Charlie and Fleur had been the only ones that had responded to Ginny's labor, and left the game. Ginny instantly made a mental note to stop calling Fleur 'phlegm' as she pushed her son the size of a watermelon out of a hole the size of a very small lemon.

With no job, Ginny had to stay with her parents at the Burrow. After Silas had been born, the disappointment had dwindled away as the family came together to love their grandson and nephew respectively. Things still weren't alright with several of her brothers, due to things Ginny had exploded about during her hormonal pregnancy. "No! Do not! Silas, I said no! If you throw that…" Ginny was cut off by a goop of mushy peas slapping her in the face. The blob of green slid down her cheek, and she slowly spat out what had slipped into her mouth. She should know that it was fruitless to threaten a six month old when he couldn't even speak himself. She supposed he didn't even know what she was saying at all. She was ready to reprimand him, when her heart melted. His grey eyes twinkled with mirth as he smiled wide enough to show off the two teeth he had and the dimple in his left cheek. He bounced in his high chair and giggled happily at the sight of his mother covered in his offending baby food.

"Ginny?" Molly Weasley stuck her head into the kitchen to see what the ruckus was about. She smiled knowingly as she stared at her baby covered in her baby's food. "Sweetheart, even though you're the baby of this family, that doesn't mean you should try to eat baby food. Generally that's supposed to be for your baby."

"I'm trying! But he just won't eat it." Ginny sighed tiredly, "I haven't slept in weeks, Mum. I thought they were supposed to quiet down as the months went on." Ginny grumbled as she sulked in her chair, trying the carrots with Silas this time, "C'mon sweetie! They're good. And healthy for you too. Grow up to be like The Hulk!" Ginny said, before scrunching her face up and letting out a small growl while flexing her muscles as she pretended to 'Hulk-Out' as Ron called it. Silas loved that, and as she expected, he mimicked her, letting out his own little growl as he stretched his mouth out at the corners and raised his chubby arms above his head and shook his head back and forth. Ginny laughed and picked Silas up from the high chair. "I suppose you've had your full of vegetables today. You ate three peas, one carrot, and I'm sure you managed to swallow some of the broccoli before you spat it out at me." She said as she brushed food off her son's cheek.

"Ginny, honey?" Molly started, "I was talking to that lovely Susan Bones recently, and she told me that she owns a flat building in London." She said it nonchalantly as she began to help Ginny by cleaning up the food with her wand, "She said that there were nice, spacious flats still available. Big enough for you and Silas to live in comfortably." Molly turned to look at her bewildered daughter, and giggling grandson, "Your father and I managed to put first, last, and security on there for you. And Fred and George have given you access to their Gringotts bank so that if you need, you can borrow from then until you can get a job."

"Mum… what are you saying? Are you saying I have to leave?" Ginny asked, tears welling in her eyes as she unconsciously hugged Silas closer to her.

"Ginny… you didn't really think your father and I would let this be permanent, did you? Now, don't get me wrong dear, I love you and Silas more than life itself. You're my baby girl, and he's my grandson… but you have to be independent in order to provide for him in the future. You need to start now, before he gets older and needs more from you."

"I can't believe you're saying this! I can't believe you're kicking me out. Us out! You told all of your children that we'd have a place to stay no matter what, and when I need you the most, you're kicking me out!" Ginny's voice had grown as she spoke to her mother, and Silas began to fuss and whine as his mother's voice set off warning bells in his head that something was wrong. He tried wrapping his arms around Ginny's neck, and buried his face into her shoulder. Ginny's free hand came up to curl around the back of his head as she turned him away from her mother protectively.

"When you got pregnant, your father and I thought you'd go out and be with Silas's father. But since you haven't even told us his name, I suspected you didn't necessarily know, so we let you stay. But that has to change now, Ginny. You must leave and provide for this child on your own and stop using us as a crutch!"

Tears sprung to Ginny's eyes as her mother more-or-less called her a whore, flashing back to standing at Draco's doorway and being handed a sock with galleons in it. "Well thank you, so much, mother. Thank you for letting my son and I inconvenience you for so long. We'll be out of your hair within an hour." Ginny said as she grabbed up the baby back from the floor and slung it over her shoulder. She was walking out of the room when she paused and turned to her mother, "And for the record, I do know who the father is. The only man I've ever been with. And like you, he wants nothing to do with me or my son." Ginny growled at her mother, before adding, "And that goes in reverse. Silas and I want nothing to do with him, or you anymore." And with that, she spun on her foot and headed to pack.

---------------

Prologue out! This is rewritten, and wholly unbeat'd like all of my fics, so if there are any small errors that Word and a quick scan by my eye didn't pick up on, I apologize. The only thing that's original from the original prologue that I'd wrote, is from Ginny sitting in the kitchen on in the end, and the general idea of Ginny and Draco at Malfoy Manor. I wasn't too pleased with how I'd started this chapter a month ago sans internet, and I've decided to post this up, and reworked it. I have this, chapter 1, and half of chapter 2 done so far, so chapter 1 will be out within the next week. I'm posting this two places; Fanfiction.net and Portkey.org. If you're on Portkey, you will be able to see extra scenes in the future that are of the sexual variety. I won't tempt the FFN Gods, seeing as I've done so before, and my favorite one-shot of mine (Addicted) was removed for violating the no-sex rule.

As for the disclaimer, I do not own anything you recognize. I don't own Harry Potter, and I'm also not affiliated with JK Rowling, Scholastic Books, or anyone that produces these books, nor the movies or any of its actors. I also do not own nor am affiliated with 'The Hulk' franchise. I just added that in 'cause when I was at a baby shower last month, that was something an 11-month-old seemed to enjoy when someone would do, and he would mimic. In the future, when I add someone/thing in that is or isn't mine, I will disclaim or claim at the footer of the chapter. I'll also ramble about pointless bull that you all already know, but I have to say, I currently only have 100 dollars in IOU's and gift cards to Barnes and Noble, Walmart, and Red Lobster. Now, if you want to sue me and wish for the IOU's, and first two gift cards, I'll happily give them to you if it waves away the legal issues. But no way am I parting with the Red Lobster gift card! MINE!

Reviews are LOVED! 'Cause this is the first chaptered D/G fic that I have wrote in ages. Haunting Visions seems to be on the long road of a hiatus. I tried rewriting it, but wasn't sure it'd be well received, so figured I'd use that as another sequel and make it a trilogy as long as I didn't kill anyone important off in the end of HV, but then I ran out of stuff for the original version of HV, and was up a creek without a paddle. Anyways… REVIEW!

Oh, and on Portkey… for the love of God can someone please tell me how to change my name!?