Unofficial Portkey Archive

Your Challenge by Eternal Love LJ
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Your Challenge

Eternal Love LJ

Disclaimer: Who cares, it's not mine and we all know it.

To Be Named

By: Eternal Love LJ

"Bloody hell, Evans! Has the thought ever crossed your mind that I actually like you?" I said heatedly in her face.

Her cheeks were red from either embarrassment or anger, I couldn't tell. Probably anger. Her fists were clenched by her sides and she was giving me her famous death glare that I always seem to be on the receiving end of.

"Hah! An insensitive git like you is incapable of such feelings," she spat.

Dammit, she smelt like strawberries.

"Don't talk about things you don't understand, Evans," I said just as forcefully.

"Things I don't understand? Understand? What the hell are playing at? I've watched you be an idiot for the past six years! I think I could tell by now what type of person you are!"

"How do you expect to know me if you're always turning me down and being bitchy?" I asked, stepping closer to her.

"Bitchy? You call me a bitch, and tomorrow you'll ask me out again, wondering why I turned you down!" she also stepped closer.

"Maybe I won't ask you out . . . ever again!" I said, taking another step closer. If she stepped closer, our noses would touch.

"You think that's bad news on my end? Hell, I've been wanting you to say that for the past five years!" she said, her tone became a little happier.

"I'm the insensitive one? Do you even care about me?" I asked, a little hurt.

"I don't have to worry about your feelings, Potter. You always get what you want. I'm proud to say that I never gave in to your childish antics!" she said, and she spun around on her heals and stormed up the Girl's Dormitory stairs.

I groaned and threw myself down on the sofa in front of the fire next to Sirius.

"Wow, that was harsh," he said, daring to give me a glance. "Here, why don't we go down to Hogsmeade tonight, maybe get drunk, go to Honeydukes?"

"Yeah . . . drunk sounds good," I grunted.

"Go get Moony and Wormtail," Sirius said, leaning back on the sofa and checking out a group of fifth year girls.

I walked up the stairs to out dorm and went over to my bed.

"Moony! Wormtail! We're going to Hogsmeade!" I called, searching for the Invisibility Cloak and Marauder's Map.

"We went two nights ago!" Remus complained, but came out of the bathroom to get ready anyways.

"Where's Wormtail?" I asked, finding the map.

"I'm not going," I heard a bundle of blankets over in his bed say.

"Why not? Under the weather, Wormtail?" I asked, going over to his bed and jumping on it.

"I just don't want to go. I'm tired and Full Moon's this week, so I want to get some rest."

"Don't remind me," Remus said. "Well, getting drunk does sound good."

"Doesn't it?" I said happily, my spirits rising even more.

"Let's go," Remus said, "Bye Wormtail."

"Urg," I heard.

We walked down the stairs happily and had to pull Sirius away from a fifth year girl that he had started making out with.

"But- but she was cute!" Sirius complained as he looked over his shoulder and blew her a kiss. She blushed. We walked out of the Portrait Hole.

"Get. Drunk. Now," was all I said.

"Why do you want to get drunk so badly, Prongs?" Remus asked.

"He got in a huge, like gigantic fight with Evans," Sirius said happily.

"Pads, shut up. It wasn't that big," I said, trying to brush it off.

"You called her bitchy!" Sirius said.

"So? I was merely putting the truth out there!"

"If she's so bitchy, let her go," said Sirius.

"Oh! Padfoot! How dare you!" I said, putting my hand over my heart.

"Would you two shut up? Slughorn's coming!" Remus said, looking down at the map.

We rushed behind a statue of two House Elves holding a tray and looking up at their master.

"Fleming might be an asset . . . Potter's quite rich . . . and that Sirius Black comes from a respected family . . . Powell has some good connections. . . ." Slughorn muttered as he walked by.

"Did he say Potter and Black?" I asked, watching him retreat down the hall.

"Yeah . . . probably wants us to join the Slug-Club. I wouldn't if my life depended on it, especially after he called my family 'respectable'," Sirius shuddered.

"Evans is in the Slug-Club. I'd join," I smiled.

"You really have it for this girl, don't you?" said Remus as we emerged from behind the statue.

"Who the hell wouldn't? She had the gorgeous red hair, and those perfect bright green eyes that could turn ol' Voldie on-"

"James," Remus said sternly.

"What?" I said, holding my hands up in defense.

"She's very pretty, but 'Voldie'?" he said, laughing.

Sirius was off in his own world humming 'Boys Just Wanna Have Sex', which he made up himself.

"Yes, Voldie," I said proudly.

"Does anyone take him seriously?" asked Remus.

"My family does," Sirius said dreamily.

"We know that," I said.

"Dumbledore does," said Remus, "and Snape . . ."

"All the Slytherin's do."

"No . . . Tilly Travers-"

"She's a whore," Sirius said happily.

"How would you know?" Remus asked.

"She was pretty good . . . but if you wanna bang a Slytherin . . . hell, you gotta do Gerianne Rufford!" he still sounded rather dreamy.

"But . . . I thought you were into Brook Cleaver?" Remus said, giving him a weird look.

"Naw," Sirius said, waving his hand, "right now, I'm all about Sadie!"

"Emerson?" Remus asked, appalled.

"What other Sadie do we know?"

"Who the hell was the fifth year you were making out in there?" I asked.

"Callie Green. But she's probably only good for a good snog," Sirius said.

"You didn't want to leave her," I smirked.

"What about you, Jamie? Fancy anyone besides Evans?" Sirius teased.

"Not too much," I said, grimacing.

"Who?" he asked.

"Umm . . . well, her name is Lily, and-"

"Prongs, come on!" Sirius said, smiling and pushing him.

"Laura Madley is pretty hot," Remus said.

"Why the restriction of girls in our year? We should do what Pads does. At least he looks at the other girls," I mumbled.

"But the girls in our year are the hottest!" Remus said.

We reached the fourth floor and quickly found the mirror, which lead directly to Zonko's. It was their favorite passageway to use.

"Personally, I don't like the flower names," Sirius said. "No offense to Lily, or anything, but I mean, come on! I have a Narcissa in my family, and there are three flower names in our year! Hyacinth, Ivy, and Lily!"

"Ivy isn't really a flower name, though," Remus said.

"What's the difference?" asked Sirius.

"I think Lily's a wonderful name," I smiled.

"What's her middle name?" asked Sirius.

"Dakota," I said.

"Lily Dakota Evans?" asked Remus.

"Yeah . . . and her sister's name is Petunia."

"More flower names!" Sirius mumbled.

"You stalk her, Potter," Remus said, laughing.

"I do not! I just have a mild fascination with her!" I fought.

"Mild?" Remus asked.

"What about you and Nalanie Savage?" I asked. Remus blushed.

"We- I- nothing," he said truthfully.

"Yeah, spill, Lupin," Sirius said happily.

"Well . . . I haven't asked her out or anything . . . you know how I am about that stuff. Anyways, I like-"

"But, hell, mate, you're the 'untouchable' Marauder! All the girl's dig you!" Sirius said, clapping him on the back. "And I have to say that all these transformations work wonders for your muscles-"

"Are you queer or something, Pads?" Remus shook his head.

"Eh," he said, shaking his head, "I could go either way." He smiled evilly.

"Ew!" Remus said. I started laughing. I knew he was serious, but it was funny.

"Don't get me wrong, girl's rock my world. All I'm saying is a man once in a while-"

"Okay, okay, stop there!" Remus said, holding up his hand.

"Why? Who would you want?" I asked.

"Diggory . . . I wouldn't mind you, either, Prongs," Sirius winked at me. I laughed.

"Aww, leaving Snape out?" I asked. He smiled.

"But never to forget Peter!" he said. We all laughed. Peter's never had a date in all the time we've been here, which is 6 years.

"Hey, Moony, do you still fancy Emmy?" I asked.

"Reynolds?"

"Yes, Reynolds. You know perfectly well who I'm talking about," I said.

"She's hot," Sirius said.

"Ah hah, no," I said, disapproving. "You get Sadie, I get Lily, and Moony gets Emmy."

"What about Blair?" Remus asked.

"Blair's too sexy for all of us," Sirius said happily.

"Then why don't you go for Blair instead of Sadie?" I asked.

"I dunno," he shrugged. "Blair has a boyfriend."

"Who?" Remus asked.

"Keagan Stebbins," Sirius said as we turned left as the passageway curved.

"Ew! He's . . . nasty. He's like the Hufflepuff Peter!" Remus shivered.

"And I thought you valued your friends," I laughed.

"I do . . . but Peter-"

"We get yah, mate," Sirius smiled.

"You should totally go for Blair," I said, "I'd probably like her if Lily wasn't here."

"Hey . . . did I ever go out with Nalanie?" Sirius asked.

"Yeah . . . third year, I think," Remus replied.

"That means she's off-limits, Remus. You're stuck with Emmy!" Sirius said triumphantly.

"Oh, what a tragedy," Remus rolled his eyes, but smiled.

"Hey . . . none of us have ever dated a Gryffie girl in our year," I said thoughtfully.

"Prongs, Voldie was bad enough-" Remus started.

"Hey, you're right!" Sirius said, matching his tone.

"We should make a goal this year to get a Gryffie girl under our arm," I said happily.

"Not a bet?" Sirius pouted.

"No," I said firmly, "because then if they find out, they'll break it off, or if it hasn't started, we'll just lose anyways."

"Finally starting to get it, eh Prongie?" Remus said happily.

"A little," I smiled.

We reached the end of the tunnel and entered Zonko's.

"Beatrice, nice to see you!" Sirius said, walking past an elderly man. He glared at Sirius.

"It's Bernie!" he said angrily.

"Oh, Beatrice, there's no reason for anger, here," Sirius said calmly.

"If you don't stop calling me that, I'll tell Dumbledore you use that secret passageway of yours . . ." he grumbled.

"Oh, no you wouldn't," Sirius said happily. We exited the shop and walked around the little village for a while.

"Should we go to Hogs Head or Three Broomsticks?" I asked.

"Well . . . Three Broomsticks has that chick Rosemerta, but Hogs Head will give us the shots for free," Sirius contemplated.

"Hogs Head, then we'll have a lesser chance of getting caught," Remus said.

"Living on the edge, are we?" Sirius asked him, putting an arm around Remus's shoulders. "You know, you wouldn't be too bad either, Moony."

'Ew!" Remus said, shoving him off.

"Hey, that hurt, Moony," Sirius said in mock-distress.

"Maybe I should be the designated Map Holder," Remus said cautiously.

"What the hell is that?" I asked.

"The person who stays sober and makes sure you two don't make a fool of yourselves."

"No! Moony, getting drunk is the fun part!" Sirius said.

"I know, but-"

"Moony, live a little," I said, patting him on the back.

It was the first week back at Hogwarts for our seventh year and he's already showing signs of hesitation for rule breaking.

"Fine," he said.

We walked into Hogs Head and sat down in front of the bar tender.

"Dumbledore, get me a drink!" Sirius said loudly.

"Hmm," he grunted, "what kind tonight?"

"Firewhisky, and lots of it," I said happily.

"And, Black, don't all me Dumbledore, that's what everyone calls my brother," he said lazily.

"Either Dumbledore or Abby," Sirius said, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Aberforth," he said sternly, "or no free drinks."

"Fine . . . Aberforth," Sirius said, half angry, half sarcastic.

He slammed three shots down on the counter and went back to whipping a dirty glass with a dirty rag.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"ABBY!" Sirius shouted, laughing. "Abby, haha, what time is it?"

"HAHA!" I said, smacking my hand down on the counter.

"It's 1:30," he grunted.

"What the fuck is a thirty?" Remus asked, laughing.

"Who the fuck knows?" Sirius said, grinning ear to ear.

"You should go back to the school," Aberforth said.

"School? Oh- that place with girls?" Sirius asked.

"And they're all waiting for you," Aberforth said, pushing them out the door.

"Do you think Lily is waiting for me?" I asked.

"I bet she's naked for you," Sirius said.

"All hot and sexy," Remus said, grinning happily.

"Who?" I asked.

"Emmy!" Remus said.

"No, Blair!"

"Are Blair and Emmy sisters?" I asked.

"No! Blair is an only child!" Sirius said, opening the door to Zonko's.

"Blair rhymes with hair," Remus said.

"Lily rhymes with silly, and billy, and killy, and nilly, and willy, and filly-"

"Prongs, shut up," Sirius said.

Somehow we all got in the passageway and headed for Hogwarts.

"Do you guys know how beautiful Lily is?" I asked. "Her hair is so perfect. So red. Her eyes are so green. They're like . . . a frog. Or a toad. And her hair. It's perfect. It shines like the sun and it smells like strawberries-"

"Prongs, you smell her hair?" Sirius asked.

"No, but I just smell it, you know?"

"No," Remus said, wobbling a little.

"What does Emmy smell like?" I asked.

"Like chocolate and cinnamon," Remus grinned lazily.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"Because I do," he said proudly.

"Hey, guys, what does it mean when your stomach starts to hurt and your head spins?" Sirius asked, clutching his stomach.

"It sometimes means that you're going to throw up," Remus said. "And I think I'm-" He threw up all over the dirt wall.

"Ew! Moony, that's nasty," I said. "It's going to make me-" I threw up right next to him.

"Aww," Sirius said in pain, and copied us and threw on the other wall.

"Ew! It smells!" I said, and started running away. Well, I tried to run. It was more of a wobbly power-walk.

"You smell, Potter," Sirius said, laughing.

"You wanna go?" I asked, turning around.

"Yeah! I'll take you down!" he said. He tired to punch my shoulder, but missed and punched the air.

"Idiot!" I said, and pulled his hair.

"You fight like a girl!"

"I'm doing better than you!"

"That's because you had less whisky than I did!"

"How the fuck do you know?" I asked, letting his hair go.

"I don't," he said, totally blown away at the concept.

"You guys need to stop fighting," Remus said. He sounded like he just woke up.

"Or maybe we'll just fight you!" Sirius said.

"I have werewolf-like reflexes," Remus said, "Grr!"

"Haha, Moony growled at us!" I said, laughing.

"Hey, Prongs, didn't you have pat- pon- tap- pati- patrol tonight?" Remus asked.

"FUCK!" I said, smacking my head against the wall.

"What?" Sirius asked, patting me on the back. "We can get through this. We just need to follow our hearts."

"You don't understand, Pads! I let Lily down! I- I can't- no!" I said, putting my face in my hands.

"Prongs, you're way over reacting," Remus said. "You just need to tell her- tell her-" and he passed out.

"Tell her what?" I said, falling to my knees. "What?"

"He's right," Sirius said, "you are over reacting."

"Do we have classes tomorrow?" I asked.

"No, first weekend of the year," Sirius said. That was one good thing about Sirius. Sober or drunk as hell he knew when the weekends were because that's when he gets to be with girls.

"Good, then I can talk to Lily."

"How are we going to get him back?" Sirius asked.

"Um, out wands?" I asked.

"Wands can't hold up people!" Sirius said.

"Oh, right," I said. "Hmm."

"Should we leave him here?"

"No, he trusts us," I said.

"Okay . . . should we use a charm or something?" Sirius asked.

"Pads, I know you have charm, but Moony made it very clear today that he's straight."

"No! A charm like Wickflit taught us," Sirius said, annoyed.

"Isn't it Fenwick?" I asked.

"No! It's Wickflit! Now, what's that spell we learned in first year?" he asked.

"The one Lily did first try?" I asked excitedly.

"Only you would know, Prongs," Sirius said.

"Windfarmiun Lemiova?" I asked.

"No . . . has less m's in it."

"Oh! I remember!" I took out my wand and pointed it at Remus," Wingardium Leviosa!"

"Prongs, brilliant!" Sirius said.

I floated him all the way back to the Common Room and up to the dorm.

"Shite, I left all my school stuff in the Common Room," I said as I lowered Remus onto his bed. "I'll be right back."

"Okay," Sirius said, changing into his pajamas and going into the bathroom at the same time. I wasn't surprised to hear a thump as I went back into the Common Room.

"Potter," I heard a voice say as I found my bag next to the sofa by the fire.

"That's 'm name," I said, not turning around. I picked up the bag and looked over at where the sound came from.

It was Evans.

In silk pajamas.

Shite.

"Erm. Evans! How nice to see you . . ." I said, my hand going to my hair.

"Why the hell weren't you at patrol?" she asked. "I should report you for this."

"Well, you see, Evans I was-"

"I don't want to know, Potter. I don't care where you were, I just want to know why you weren't where you were supposed to be," she said, putting her hands on her hips.

That sentence was too complicated for me at the moment.

"Sure," I said.

"Where were you?"

"Hogsmeade," I blurted out. I closed my eyes, waiting for the blow.

"And why on earth were you at Hogsmeade when it's not a Hogsmeade weekend?" Lily asked.

"Because . . . it's my mother's birthday-"

"Don't lie, Potter, it'll only make it worse," she snarled.

"Fine, I went to get drunk," I said, looking at the ground.

"And you succeeded, nonetheless?" she said.

"Evans, please, I'm so, so sorry!" I said, pleading.

"What, you think I'm going to forgive you?" she asked.

"Oh, I bet it was so hard walking around the school patrolling, wasn't it, Evans? You didn't even care I wasn't there. Hell, you probably didn't want me there. I bet you were happy I wasn't there. You're just here to make me feel like crap and to prove to Dumbledore that I'm not fit for Head Boy. Well, guess what, Evans, I've talked to him, my Mum's owled him, it's not a mistake, I'm Head Boy, and I'm a Marauder, and I suck at this, okay? So right now, I need to sleep, because I'm damn tired, and I don't want to deal with you right now, and I have a headache."

I stormed up the stairs and Evans just shook her head and went back to bed.

I took a quick five-minute shower and brushed my teeth and put my clean, warm pajamas on and climbed into my welcoming bed, trying not to think about Lily.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Moony, Padfoot, Prongs!" Peter screamed, trying to wake us up.

"Wormtail, shut the bloody hell up and let us go back to bed," Sirius grumbled. I heard a distant thump of something being thrown.

"It's 1 o'clock, you guys! Thank god it's Saturday, or you'd have missed all your classes!" Peter exclaimed, throwing open my drapes. I growled and closed them again.

"Like we haven't done that before," I said.

"How's Moony?" Sirius asked.

"Dunno," Peter shrugged his shoulders.

"Check on him, arse hole!" Sirius yelled. Peter jumped and walked over to Remus's bed nervously.

"Wormtail, what the hell? I'm sleeping here!" Remus moaned.

"Good, he's alive," Sirius said unenthusiastically.

"Urg, my head hurts," whined Remus.

"You passed out in the middle of the passageway last night," I told him.

"I did?" Remus said, trying to remember.

"After we all puked our brains out," Sirius said.

"You guys are idiots," Peter grumbled before heading out of the dorm.

"How did I get back here?" asked Remus.

"We floated you back. I'm surprised I even remembered that spell existed," I said.

"I suggested we use magic," Sirius grinned.

"How do you even remember?" Remus asked, groaning.

"We have skill," Sirius said, getting out of bed.

Remus groaned again and got out of bed, so I decided I should too. We all trudged into the bathroom and brushed our teeth and hair. Well, I didn't really brush my hair, only a little.

"I'm not going to lunch," Sirius said, "If I do, I'll throw up again."

We stared at him with huge eyes.

'What?" he asked.

"Sirius. Black. You just said you didn't, did not, want food," I said, my mouth hanging open.

"Yeah," he said. "Oh! I mean- let's go eat!"

"We can't anyway," Remus said, "It's past lunch."

"I'm going outside," I said, "nice for Quidditch."

"Yeah, it is. I'll go," Sirius said, perking up. "Prongs, when are we having try-outs?"

"Umm . . . next week, I think," I said, putting on some deodorant.

"What do we need this year?" he asked.

"A Chaser and a Seeker."

"That should be hard to find," Sirius said glumly.

"Not with me as captain!" I smiled.

"Captain Potter doesn't sound right," Remus shook his head.

"Oh, shut up, Moony," I said, ruffling his hair.

"Let's go," Sirius said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We raced to the Broom Shed next to the Gryffindor (Gryffie) Locker Rooms. I won, no surprise there.

"No fair!" Sirius shouted, smacking against the shed.

"Yes, fair! I won and I didn't cheat this time!" I said, beaming, out of breath.

"But that's only because there were people outside today!" Sirius tried to defend himself.

"We shouldn't do that anyway," I said. "Let's get the brooms."

"Beaters rule!" Sirius shouted, throwing his hands up in the air.

"No! Chasers are the best!" I said, matching his volume.

"YOU ALL SUCK!" Lily Evans's voice screamed from the stands. Girl's giggling could be heard.

"That's not nice, darling!" I shouted back.

"DON'T CALL ME THAT, YOU GIT!" she shouted.

"Who's she with?" Sirius asked excitedly.

"Umm . . . Emmy . . . Blair . . . Sadie-"

"BLAIR!" Sirius screamed, "WANNA COME TO HOGSMEADE WITH ME NEXT TRIP?"

"HELL NO!" she screamed back. I could see Lily high-five her.

"What's their problem?" Sirius asked. "We're hot!"

"Damn sexy," I smiled.

I mounted my broom and flew over to them, Sirius right behind me. You could say we had another race.

"I so won that time!" Sirius said.

"No! You just got off your broom faster than-"

"You guys are so childish," Sadie said, smiling.

"Why, thank you, my lady," Sirius said.

"Potter, if you don't come to patrol tonight, I swear, I'll-"

"Don't worry, Evans, I'll be there," I assured her.

"Just reminding you."

"You know, it's great to have an agenda with you, Evans. I think we should fill it up more-"

"Potter, I will not go out with you!" she growled.

"Aww, but we're Heads this year. We'll be together no matter what!" I said happily.

"Yeah, and Lilsie wants to be on the team," Emmy grinned. Lily looked at her and shoved her.

"You do?" I asked, beaming. "Are you any good? I've never seen you fly before!"

"She's awesome. She came over my house during the summer and played with us," Blair said.

"She kicked ass," Sadie exclaimed.

"Shut up!" Lily said, not blushing at all.

"We're having try-outs sometime next week," I said.

"I don't think so, Potter."

"Aww, there's no harm in trying!"

"But seeing as you're captain-"

"But we're on the team," Blair said. Blair was the other Beater, and Sadie was a Chaser.

"Yes, the team has way too many seventh years. I can't imagine how hard it'll be next year for the new captain-" Lily said, trying to make up an excuse.

"But we're not going to be here," I pointed out.

"You're so heartless!" Lily said.

"What? Because I want good players on my team?"

"Urg! You only care about yourself!"

"Lily-" Emmy said.

"No I don't!" I said, cutting Emmy off.

"Whom else do you care about, hah? Whom would you die for?" she demanded.

"All the Marauders, my family, all 100 something people in it, and you," I said angrily.

"Hah! You wouldn't give your life for me! Yeah right," she said.

"Evans, you shouldn't judge people before you get to know them."

"You cannot give me a lecture on who I can and can't yell at! You- you go around hexing random little kids, not even thinking about them, how scared it makes them, we're the older kids, we have to set examples, and you don't know them, but you hex, hex, then anyway! Who gives a flying fuck who the hell they are? They just pissed me off, so I think I'll make their head three times bigger than they normally are! Illegally! Then, I'll deny it and blame it on Snape! How does that sound, Potter? I don't understand how you could have even been in the running for Head Boy! You disgust me! With your stupid hair and stupid Quidditch and your stupid pranks! You think you're so cool, so awesome, when you're actually one of the worst people here! I don't know why people like you, but they do, Potter, and I'm sane knowing that I, Lily Dakota Evans, haven't fallen for your childish games! You know what? Don't come to patrol tonight, because if you do, I'll just blast you into-"

"LILY!" Emmy screamed, "Silencio!"

Her face was red with anger and she looked like she was about to kill somebody. Sirius and Blair were backing away from her and Sadie was trying to help Emmy.

"We're sorry," Emmy said, but Lily pulled her hair and shook her head frantically, signaling to take it back, "I'm sorry."

"Should I go to patrol tonight?" I asked, shocked.

"Yeah, go," Emmy assured me. "It's only 2 o'clock, she'll have time to cool down."

"O-okay," I said, looking at Lily in the eye.

It was like she was screaming at me, 'I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU!'

They left, dragging a kicking Lily behind them.

"I take it back," Sirius said, "That was way more major than yesterday."

A/n: Okay, so I have a challenge for all you cool people out there. GIVE ME A GOOD NAME! I've had this document on my computer for a long time and I just found it and I have no idea what to name this story! So please leave a review telling me your thoughts on the first chapter and give me some ideas on what I should name this! Thank you guys! Love you all!


-->