Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Final Revalation by hooobajube
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Final Revalation

hooobajube

"Oh my god, what have I done?" Harry's mind screamed. "What… Have… I … Done?" Harry stared at Ginny who's face was red and her cheeks puffed out with anger. She was so angry her eyes had started popping out of her head, they were red and puffy, and made her look like a pissed off mudskipper. They were standing in a deserted room at the top of the stairs of number twelve gimmauld place. The argument had actually started at the bottom of the stairs. It had started all over an extended hug between himself and Hermione. All he was doing was thanking her for basically calming him down from a vivid dream, a nightmare is more what Harry would have called it.

He had been having more and more of them lately since they had started hunting for the final horcux. Hermione's room just happened to be in the bath from Harry's room to the kitchen she would hear him and follow him to make him tea and listen to whatever was bugging him. It just so happened Ginny woke up and wanted a drink this night and walked in on Harry and Hermione's embrace. Ginny let out an audible huff that made Harry and Hermione jump apart. They turned just in time to see a patch of red hair retreat down the hall.

"No." Harry said turning back to look at Hermione. He felt a twinge in his throat some where near his adams apple. He had been getting that lately when ever he looked at her. He didn't know what it was but something about Hermione caused it. He continued his sentence. "It can't, I'll be back." Harry pressed his hand gently on her lower back where his hand had been resting.

"Ginny?" Harry called down the hall following her down the hall. Ginny stopped at the stairs, she kept her back to him. She mumbled something at the bottom of her voice. Harry didn't quite hear what she said, he placed a hand on her shoulder, She jerked away from under his hand.

"What was that?" Ginny pointed down the hall into the kitchen where Hermione was still standing, staring dumbfounded through the doorway. "WHAT WAS THAT?" Ginny screamed.

"What was what?" Harry asked honestly not knowing what was wrong.

"You and Hermione snogging all over the kitchen." Ginny fumed.

"Snogging? SNOGGING?" Harry's voice had started to rise. "You actually think that was what we were doing?" Harry finished. He was now pointing down the hall. Hermione was looking petrified framed by the doorway. Ginny began to nod. Her eyes began streaming with tears.

"Y-Yes, that is what I think." Ginny began to sob and all Harry could do was stare at her. He had no idea why she was freaking out. The weren't getting back together, and after spending so much time with her he wasn't planning on it either and he thought that she understood that.

What would it matter even if I had, witch I wasn't, we aren't together." Harry finished. He got a little pang in his gut as he saw the look on Ginny's ever paling face. She looked as if Harry had smacked her open handed on the cheek. She made another huffing noise and turned on her heal and began to march noisily up the stairs.

"Ginny? Wait, I didn't mean it like that…Wait!" Harry called after her rapidly retreating back. Harry cast a worried look at Hermione. He mouthed "Now what?" Hermione just shrugged "I don't know." Harry know he should have left it alone, he should have just let her be, let her calm down and talk to her tomorrow, but no he couldn't, he wanted

this over now.

Harry took the stairs two at a time and followed the tuft of red hair that disappeared in a deserted room at the top of the stairs. He turned to follow her but got a door to the nose. His eyes began to water as he grabbed the bridge of his nose. "Dinny, open de door, we deed to dalk." Harry pounded on the door.

"NO!" Ginny yelled from the sound of her voice Harry could tell she wasn't anywhere neer the door. "You just don't get it." She hollered again.

"Din, I amb ondly donna ask one morde dime." Harry said pounding on the door harder this time. "Opend da door!"

"NO!!!" She screamed.

"FINE!!!" Harry yelled back. Ginny almost thought for one second she won, and that Harry was walking away. Suddenly the door burst in an flew off the hinges. Ginny screamed as she dodged the flying door. Harry was standing in the doorway still bracing is aching nose.

"I told you." He said. "Now, tell me exactly what I don't get." He asked. He thought if he was any angrier he would have steam coming out of his ears. He took another step toward her. Ginny took a step back and bumped in to the wall.

"I thought I still had a chance." Ginny said her voice much quieter than it was two seconds ago. "Harry you made me feel..." Harry was so furious right now she didn't let her finish.

"Feel... Feel what?" He took a deep breath. "That you still had a chance, that I would come running back to you, that we would get married and have the perfect life together." His hands were balled in tight fists at his sides. He had them squeezed so tightly his knuckles had been turning white. He watched as Ginny's eyes began to leak tears even more dramatically than they had before. She to also looked like she was becoming very angry.

"Well I must have thought wrong." Ginny said taking a step toward him again. "I must have been an Idiot to think you would ever love me again. Now that your in love with Hermione."

The words came out of him so fast he was not even capable of stopping them even if he wanted to, he didn't even have a chance to think about the words before they left his lips. The way he was yelling scared himself along with Ginny.

"Love? Again?" He half laughed half sobbed . "GINNY I COULD NEVER LOVE YOU AGAIN, I WAS NEVER IN LOVE WITH YOU." His mind caught what he was about to say but he just didn't seem to want to stop the words. "I have always loved..."

"No, I I can't say it but its true. NO, no, I will not admit it." Harry's mind screamed but be fore he could stop him self

"Hermione." Escaped his lips. He heard a little gasp from out side the door.

"Oh my god, what have I done..."

Ginny looked utterly furious but also like a child that had just woke up Christmas morning to no presents. Harry recognized this face easily. Ginny straightened herself up wiping angrily at the tears that continued to flow down her red cheeks.

"Ginny I am..." Harry began tentatively.

"Just don't." She paused for a moment and just looked at him contemplating what she should do. The words that came from her mouth next came so calm and soft you would have never known that she had been in one of the worst screaming matches in all of her or Harry's memory only moments ago.

"I-I am leaving for the Burrow tomorrow." She paused for a moment and looked to the side. "And seeing as you are my brothers best friend. " She returned to look at him. Anger burned, with a fire brighter than any flame he had ever seen, behind her eyes even though her voice wouldn't give her up. "I will be seeing you around ." Her voice faltered as she left the room, each word drenched and dripping with acid and hate. "Good-bye Harry."

Ginny walked through the door to see Hermione standing with her back against the wall outside of the room and her hands over her mouth and tears streaming down her cheeks. She didn't even look at Ginny when she spoke. The acid laced words came out almost like daggers ripping through the air.

"I honestly don't see what your crying about. He loves you." and with that she walked down the stairs to her room. Hermione jumped as she slammed the door behind her. Hermione stood there for a very long time contemplating whether she should go back to her room or comfort Harry. Finally she turned and walked in to the room.

She stopped and stared at him for a moment. She didn't know exactly what to say. Harry just stood there in the middle of the empty room. His bare chest heaving in the moon light and his hands now in the pockets of his plaid flannel pants.

"Harry." Hermione said very slowly and cautiously. "did you mean it?" Hermione paused playing momentarily with the tie of her sweat pants. "because if you said it out of anger I would.."

"Yes." Harry took a few step toward her and placed his hands on her shoulders. He could feel the straps of her tank top under his fingers. "Yes I do. I just don't think I actually believed it till now. He traced small circles with his thumbs. "Hermione, I love you and I always have."

Hermione looked up into his eyes, she couldn't fight it anymore. She knew she had always loved him to. It was love that kept her getting up every night to comfort him. It was love that caused her to follow Him up here to finally hear the words that she had waited three years to hear.

"Harry.." His named had just escaped her lips when His were pressed gently against hers. Her eyes fluttered closed and she could have sworn she saw every star of the constellations floating before her. Harry felt Hermione's body giving off jolts of electricity coming from her body and sparks between their lips.

When their brains screamed for oxygen they pulled apart. Back in to the loving embrace they shared in the kitchen They stood there for a very long time just wrapped in each others arms looking deeply in to each others eyes. The moonlight playing on each others faces.

"Stay with me forever Harry." Hermione said knowing what finding the last horcux meant.

"Always" Harry said placing another gentle kiss on her lips.