Unofficial Portkey Archive

Who Is Who by [x]Mrs_H_Potter[x]
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Who Is Who

[x]Mrs_H_Potter[x]

This is a challenge I took up on the forums. Please R&R

Disclaimer: I do not own the Harry Potter characters and the Harry Potter world.


Today has got to be one of the worst days of my life. Here I am sitting in my house with my two gorgeous girls. The only problem is, I can't tell who is who. Let me start from the beginning.

After leaving Hogwarts I realized that I was in love with my best friend Hermione Granger. After contemplating how to ask to ask her, I plucked up the courage do so. In my opinion it was the best thing I could have done. I was the happiest man alive. Just over 2 years of being together I asked her to marry me. She said yes of course and we had a beautiful spring wedding out in the Weasley's backyard. I will remember that day for the rest of my life.

9 months after our wedding night I was the proud father of beautiful identical twin girls; McKenzie Jane and Lily Faith. The both of them were a handful but they are the best thing that has happened to me, apart from Hermione of course. At first Hermione had a hard time telling them apart but then the mothers instinct which Mrs Weasley talked about kicked in.

Now back to the reason I was having the worst day of my life. Ginny; who was now married to Draco had decided to take my wife out for a day of pampering. She hadn't been out of the house since the girls were born. She was reluctant at first but I finally convinced her, the girls would be fine with me. Boy I couldn't have been more wrong.


Just after Hermione left by floo to Malfoy manor the girls woke up. I got them up and dressed, in the clothes she had set out the night before, to make sure I knew who was who. All was going well; I had flooed Ron and asked him to come over for a while seeing as his wife Luna had gone with Ginny and Hermione. I had walked out of the room for a split second and when I came back the girls were covered in floo powder which I had left sitting on the table after speaking with Ron.

I ran them a bath and by the time Ron had got here they were all clean, which is where you have just come in. Seeing as I undressed the girls for the bath (well obviously), I couldn't remember which one was which. Ron had suggested I call Hermione and ask her how she tells them apart but seeing as it was her day off I didn't want to bother her. So Ron and I are now sitting on the couch staring at the twins.

"Maybe we could take them into their room and they will go to their normal beds" Ron spoke up, making me jump. It sounded like a good idea, hopefully it would work. I grabbed McKenzie and Ron grabbed Lily; or was it the other way around, and took them into the room and put them on the floor. They both headed off in the direction of their beds, that until they spotted their toys in the corner of the room.

"Damn, almost" Ron chuckled. How could he be laughing at a time like this?

"It isn't funny" I retorted, he nodded his head, still trying to hold back laughter. "What time did the girls say they would be back?" I asked, hoping it would stop his laughing. Ron looked at his watch and then back at me with a stricken look on his face.

"About half an hour" he replied. I looked at him then at the girls who were now playing with the dollies. This was going to be a disaster. I scrambled into the lounge room and grabbed a coin before running back into the bedroom, where Ron was watching the girls.

"Heads mean the one on the right is McKenzie, tails means she is Lily ok?" I asked. Ron held back his laugh and nodded his head, obviously afraid if he opened his mouth he wouldn't be able to say much. I flipped the coin and it landed on heads. "Ok so she is McKenzie" I spoke, pointing at the one on the right.

"But what if they moved, after you flipped the coin" Ron questioned. I looked at him, he couldn't be serious?

"Ok so maybe this wasn't the most full proof thing, but what else could be do?" I sighed. Ron patted me on the back and looked at the girls.

"Just tell Hermione the truth" he smiled. I nodded in response it would be the only way that I could tell the girls apart.


About 10 minutes later. Ron had left and the girls were dressed; one with a pink top and white shorts and the other with a purple top and grey shorts. Even though he had no idea which was which he was nearly one-hundred percent sure he had got their clothes right. He sat on the lounge waiting for Hermione to come home when it hit him. The twins were both staring at him, looking closely he noticed McKenzie had green eyes, just like his and Lily had brown eyes just like Hermione. He jumped up off the lounge and scoped the two girls into his arms, spinning them around in circles. He was so happy he had finally figured it out that he didn't notice Hermione step through the fire place.

"What are you so happy about?" she giggled, watching Harry with the twins.

"Oh nothing" he replied, putting the girls on the floor and engulfing her in a hug. "Ron just told me that the canons won" he said, putting on his best fake smile. Hermione nodded, trying to contain her laughter but failed. "What?" he asked looking slightly offended.

"Just, you don't care much for the canons" she laughed as he began to pout. "So I guess you figured it out?" she asked. He looked at her smiling at him. God he loved this women so much.

"Figured out what?" he asked, challenging her.

"That the girls have different eye colours" she said in her 'I can't believe you didn't notice' tone. Harry glanced at her and then at the twins before a small smile erupted on his face. As soon as Hermione saw it she ran with all her might. She knew this game all to well.

Fin

AN: This is my first fic I have posted on the Portkey website, so I hope you enjoyed it