Unofficial Portkey Archive

Proposal Of A Lifetime by [x]Mrs_H_Potter[x]
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Proposal Of A Lifetime

[x]Mrs_H_Potter[x]

Disclaimer: I do not own the Harry Potter characters and the Harry Potter world.

"Come on Harry" I heard Dean yelling at me from the bottom of the stairs. "Graduation starts in 10 minutes" he continued. Checking I had everything that I needed, I headed downstairs to be met by Ron, Dean, Neville, Parvati, Lavender and Ginny. The three girls had identical smiles on their faces which made me slightly nervous.

"Where is Hermione?" I asked. Hermione had become my girlfriend nearly two years ago in the summer before sixth year. It had taken me all the Gryffindor courage in me to actually do it, of course a little push from Ron had also helped me. I was actually thinking of asking Hermione to marry me after we had settled down after graduation. I had been shopping a few times with Ron to find a ring and I couldn't find the perfect one. Ron didn't understand he just kept saying "anything that has a big diamond will be good enough" but not even that was perfect for m Hermione.

"Don't worry lover boy" Lavender smiled "You will see her later" she continued, making the other two giggle. Now I knew they were up to something. Hermione had told me the night before that she would meet me down in the common room before she had to leave to go and do things before the graduation ceremony. I had over slept that morning but I thought she would have at least waited.

"Come on Harry" Ron whined, dragging me down out the portrait hole and down the stairs. "We're going to be late" he yelled to the boys and girls behind us. We then began running; by the time we made it to the doors of the great hall we had two minute left before it started. Professor McGonagall shook her head at us before placing us in the order we would be accepting our certificate.

"Ok ready?" she asked. Just as I was about to pip up and say Hermione was missing, she had swung the door open and we began walking in to the Great Hall single file. I looked around frantically but still couldn't see Hermione. I saw Mr and Mrs Weasley sitting with Fred and George over to the left and Mr and Mrs Granger sitting a few chairs down from them. I looked up and saw Ginny and Luna making their way over to the houses and sitting in their seats; but still no Hermione

"Don't worry mate" Ron patted me on the shoulder as we sat down. "Hermione wouldn't miss this for anything" he smiled. I nodded in response; I knew she wouldn't miss this for the world but I was starting to wonder where she was.

"Parents, Teachers and Students" Professor Dumbledore began, as I sat back and took a deep breath. Where are you Hermione? I thought to myself.

**

It was nearing the end of the ceremony. Hermione still hadn't turned up, in fact they didn't even call her name to collect her certificate. I was now becoming very worried about her. I look at Ron and as if sensing my question, he shrugged his shoulders.

"Finally, we have a special performance for you" I looked up as Dumbledore spoke. "Will you please make welcome our Head Girl, Miss Hermione Granger" he smiled at me and walked off stage. Hermione walked past him saying something to him before making her way up. She looked absolutely breath taking. She had her hair in slight waves hanging freely down her back. She was wearing a stunning dress, it was an off white colour, hugging the top half of her body and slowly fanning out as it reached her feet.

"This song is for someone special" she smiled at me, the music started playing softly.

For all those times you stood by me
For all the truth that you made me see
For all the joy you brought to my life
For all the wrong that you made right
For every dream you made come true
For all the love I found in you
I'll be forever thankful baby
You're the one who held me up
Never let me fall
You're the one who saw me through it all

She began to sing softly. I hadn't heard anything like it. In fact I had not idea that Hermione could sing. I looked at Ron and he smiled at me, as I looked around the room I saw everyone had their eyes fixed on Hermione as she continued to sing.

You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'coz you believed
I'm everything I am
Because you loved me

I couldn't believe I was so lucky to have this woman in my life. She had the most beautiful voice and I planned on telling her when I finally got to speak to her after the ceremony. I sat back and instead of my mind running millions of miles an hour, I enjoyed the rest of the song.

You gave me wings and made me fly
You touched my hand I could touch the sky
I lost my faith, you gave it back to me
You said no star was out of reach
You stood by me and I stood tall
I had your love I had it all
I'm grateful for each day you gave me
Maybe I don't know that much
But I know this much is true
I was blessed because I was loved by you

You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'coz you believed
I'm everything I am
Because you loved me

I was so lost in her voice I didn't realize her walk off the stage and towards me. It wasn't until Neville shoved me in the shoulder and I looked over to my left that I saw her walking my direction.

You were always there for me
The tender wind that carried me
A light in the dark shining your love into my life
You've been my inspiration
Through the lies you were the truth
My world is a better place because of you

You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'coz you believed
I'm everything I am
Because you loved me

She was now standing in front of me with a smile on her face. She pulled me up by the hand and I stood before her as she finished the song.

I'm everything I am
Because you loved me

Everyone was applauding and began jumping out of their seats. For some reason Hermione looked even more nervous then relieved. I put my hand against her cheek and lifted her face so she looking at me.

"'Mione are you ok?" I asked. She nodded her head before dropping to the floor on one knew. She grabbed the microphone and put it to her lips.

"Harry Potter, I love you with all of my heart. Would you do me the honour of becoming my husband?" she said the last bit a little fast but I still managed to here what she said. As did everyone else by the gasps of shock I heard. I pulled her up so she was standing before me.

"Aren't I suppose to ask you?" I said with a serious expression. Her smile fell and I could feel her starting to shake. I pulled her into a hug and whispered into her ear. "I'm joking" I chuckled. "I would love to marry you" I whispered against her cheek. She pulled back and looked into my face before a smile graced it presence on her lips.

"I love you" I said against her lips.

"I love you too" she replied, before my lips fell onto hers and we got lost in each others senses. We didn't even notice the thunderous applause from the rest of the people in the room.

Fin