Unofficial Portkey Archive

Slayer Serendipity by Yeah, that girl.
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Slayer Serendipity

Yeah, that girl.

Disclaimer: Yet again...not mine...at least the characters. But yeah...okay.

Summary: Another example of how much I would rather live in my "delusions" than canon. Yeah...okay, like I said, I started this a couple of months ago, and am not really sure about in what direction I'm going to take it. In Potterland, it's set in the summer right after the sixth book. In Buffy verse...it's...after Surprise...but before Graduation...yeah. They know Angel is cursed, but he hasn't yet left Sunnydale. Yup. Anyways, I probably need a beta for this...so...if you're interested email me at: cenas_fave_chick@yahoo.com...kay? Kay. Review please!

Hermione walked throught the park, composing her latest letter to Harry in her mind. It was near dark, but she wasn't worried. She was in the U.S. after all. A nice little town in California called Sunnydale. The Order had originally been worried about her traversing to another country with Voldemort free and all, but she and her parents were staying in a summer house with all of the proper protection and anti-apparition spells. She'd even gotten her own owl, hopefully one that would not be recognizable. She herself had been slightly worried about leaving Harry and Ron by themselves when there was so much research on horcruxes they could be doing. Well, that and the fact that she had also left Harry in Grimauld Place with Ginny. She wondered if he was thinking about her; what she was doing, who she was with...These thoughts would probably be more likely to come from Ron...at least they would have been a couple of months ago. Now, he was wrapped around Luna Lovegood's little finger, which greatly amused Harry and Hermione. So, Ron's with Luna, and Harry's probably with Ginny...and I have no one...she thought sadly to herself. With a sigh, she went back to the letter. Dear Harry--no--just Harry comma. Hello, how are you? No, too...lame. Hmm...

All of a sudden something leaped in front of her and she screamed involuntarily. With the realization that the ridged-faced, fanged, creature, in front of her was a vampire, she quickly pulled her want out of her pocket, at the same time that a blonde girl in a red blouse, black mini skirt, and black leather coat, jumped out from the same place the vampire had come. Hermione quickly stunned the vampire causing it to fall back onto the stake the blonde girl was holding. She watched with wide eyes as the vampire turned to dust.

'Wow,' Hermione said softly.

She and the blonde each looked up and said, simultaneously, "How'd you do that?"

Each laughed nervously.

'I'm Buffy,' she girl said to her, holding out her hand.

'I'm Hermione.' 'How'd you do that, seriously?' Buffy asked, looking at her slightly suspiciously,"you waved that--stick and it just froze.'

Hermione also froze. She'd hoped that the gir--Buffy, hadn't seen that. She contemplated lying but then decided the better of it. There was something different Buffy, the same as there was something different about her, herself. So she told her.

'I'm a witch. It was magic.'

Buffy reacted differently than she expected. Instead of the shock or confusion she expected, Buffy seemed to actually relax...as if she were relieved.

'Oh.'

'Oh?'

'I was afraid you were a demon or something.'

'Demon? Me? No no no. I'm just a witch.' Hermione paused for a minute. 'Wait, vampires? Witches? Demons? How do you know about all of this?'

'Oh,' Buffy said yet again,'It's my job. I'm a vampire slayer.'

'Oh wow. And are these things all over the United States?'

'Kinda. But mostly here.'

'Wow,' Hermione murmured,'And I thought I was getting away from it all.'

'Wait,' Buffy said, quickly,'what?'

'Oh. There's stuff like this where I live too.'

'And where exactly is this?'

'Britain. There's actually a war about to start where my best friend Harry will have to face off against a homicidal maniac who's been trying to kill him since he was one year old, complete with werewolves, dark wizards, maybe even vampires. Wait, why am I telling you this?'

'Maybe you feel I can help you.'

'Do you honestly think you can?'

'Maybe. Hermione, I think it's time for you to meet Giles.'

All thoughts of Harry and Ginny were driven out of Hermione's mind as she and Buffy began to walk out of the park.

-->