Unofficial Portkey Archive

Mine by [x]Mrs_H_Potter[x]
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Mine

[x]Mrs_H_Potter[x]

AN: This is my first story with a love scene in it, so I hope it is written well. Please R&R

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Harry Potter characters or the Harry Potter world.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hermione tucks the covers up around the sleeping Belle and says softly. "Sweet dreams my precious Belle." She feels Harry's arms close around her. She leans back against him, relishing the feel of his warm embrace. Harry rests his head against hers and says in a low voice near her ear.

"I think our daughter has enjoyed our undivided attention." Hermione nods, hugging his arms to her.

"Yes, she has...as long as we weren't disagreeing, that is."

"Hey, I thought we made a pact this afternoon not to talk about anything unpleasant." He reminds her.

"We did and I won't say another word about it."

"Good, because I have a surprise for you." She turns in his arms and looks up at him in the dim light.

"A surprise for me?" He nods.

"Um hmm." He grins as his hand slides down her arm and he captures her hand in his. "Come into my parlour said the spider to the fly."

Hermione laughs softly as he leads her around the blanket strung up again as a curtain. Soft candlelight glows from over a dozen candles placed around the area of the fireplace. Spread out before it are the quilts. On the far side of the quilts is an old metal pail filled with snow - a bottle of champagne nestled in the centre of it. Next to the pail, two glasses. He leads her to the quilts and they sink down upon them, sitting facing each other. Harry reaches behind the stack of wood piled up next to the fireplace and produces a small vase containing a single red tulip and presents it to her with a tender smile, his gaze is as soft as a caress.

"For you; Hermione."

"How did you manage to find this in all that snow?" Hermione asks, her voice filled with wonder as she touches the red petals with her fingertip.

"There was a small area in back of the cabin that wasn't drifted over with snow and in the centre, peeking up, was this single flower. It had survived everything Mother Nature had thrown at it. I knew it was a symbol, Hermione. A symbol of our love - a love that has survived all the odds. Nothing will ever come between us again. We were meant to be together. The storm that brought us here, the wonderful time we've had with our daughter, the way we made love last night and now, this symbol of spring and new hope - it's all proof of that." Warm moisture fills her eyes, her voice a husky whisper.

"Thank you."

Harry reaches over and catches the lone tear that slides down her cheek with his fingertip.

"Come on, Hermione, that wasn't suppose to make you cry."

"I know but you have a special way of touching me so." Harry leans closer and says just before capturing her lips in an infinitely tender kiss.

"As you do me, Hermione."

At last, reluctantly, they part a few inches. Harry runs his fingertip along the smooth line of her jaw.

"There is something I want to ask you."

"All right." When he doesn't speak right away, she prompts him softly. "Harry?"

Harry takes both of her hands in his and turns them over and raises them to his lips, planting a warm kiss in each palm. He looks up at her. His eyes fill with a sudden vulnerability as they search her face and she wasn't surprised to hear his words echo her own thoughts.

"Hermione, we both know that there is a lot that needs to be resolved before we can be together openly. After we leave here and return to London, we aren't going to have any moments like this for quite some time. Just the thought of not being able to touch you or hold you in my arms again until then, is already killing me and I don't want to leave here without our making a commitment to each other." He pauses only a moment then continues. "Will you marry me, Hermione?"

The tears that had been forming slip down her cheeks as she nods her head.

"Yes, Harry, I will marry you." He brushes the tears from her cheeks.

"I have one more surprise for you, Hermione." He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small jeweller's box. He opens it to reveal a teardrop diamond surrounded by emeralds. Hermione's breathe catches in her throat.

"Oh Harry, it's...beautiful but when..."

He takes the ring out of the box and raises her left hand and slips it on her ring finger as he says.

"I bought this for you right after you first came back to London. I never had the chance to give it to you, so I've been saving it all these years. I knew when the time came that we would be together again, this would be your engagement ring."

Her heart overflows with her love for him.

"Oh Harry." She moves into his arms. She had a burning desire, an aching need for another kiss. Harry senses it immediately and crushes her to him and presses his mouth to hers, kissing her devouringly. Hermione's hand threads through his thick hair and pulls him closer, as if she couldn't get enough of his kiss, of the warmth of his tongue mingling with hers and caressing the inner recesses of her mouth.

Harry raises his lips from hers and brushes a gentle kiss across her forehead, his eyes are moist with tears and his voice is thick and unsteady.

"You are the only person that has ever made me feel so complete and so alive. I can't even begin to tell you how much I love you, Hermione." She places her fingers on his lips.

"Shh! You don't have to, I already know because I love you that much too." He captures her fingers and kisses them, then smiles and says.

"How about a glass of champagne to celebrate?" Trying to keep the disappointment from her voice - she'd been hoping for more.

"Just champagne, Harry?"

Harry's smile widens to a grin as he reaches past her and dips his hand into the old pail. Instead of the bottle of champagne like she had been expecting, Harry pulls his hand back to reveal a mound of snow and before she can react, he reaches for the neckline of her sweater and drops the handful of snow down the front of it.

"That should cool you off for a few minutes." Hermione gasps and jumps back at the shock of the cold wet snow on her warm skin. Harry leans over and licks a spot of melting snow from her neck. "Can't have you cooled off too much."

"I'm going to get you for that." She promises him. Harry laughs and reaches past her again. Hermione moves out of harm's way until she realizes it wasn't the snow he was after this time. He opens the champagne and pours them each a glass and then hands one to her. He picks up his glass.

"To us and our future together with our family." Hermione touches her glass to his and repeats softly.

"To us and our future together with our family."

Their arms entwine and they drink the champagne until their glasses are empty. Harry tosses his glass in the fireplace and then takes hers and does the same. He pushes her down on the quilts and covers her body with his, his voice a velvet murmur.

"Now about that promise to get me back...." His last words were smothered on her lips.

All thoughts of paying him back vanish the moment his mouth touches hers. As Hermione's lips part on a soft breath, Harry's warm tongue plunges into her mouth sending ripples of desire racing through her. She could feel the heat of his body course down the entire length of hers and she knew she wouldn't be able to wait for the preliminaries, she wanted him now.

She slips her hands under his shirt and rakes her nails lightly down his smooth back, down over the rough material of his jeans, grasping his buttocks and pulling him closer to her. He trembles in response and lifts his mouth from hers to look at her. She was a glowing image of fire, passion and love and he wanted her now.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hermione lies back down upon the quilts and pulls Harry down with her. The feel of his rough skin upon hers, exalts her and she rises to meet him as their bodies become one. Her body melts against his and her world fills with only him as they find the tempo that binds their bodies together. The hot tide of passion rages through both of them; Hermione's breath escapes in long surrendering moans, Harry whispers her name on a harsh, ragged breath as they reach a shared ecstasy.

As their breathing slowly returns to normal, Harry's arms close around Hermione and rolls onto his back, their bodies never breaking contact. His hand gently strokes her back, still moist from the heat of their lovemaking, as he says contentedly, a thread of amusement in his voice.

"I could stay undercover like this forever" Hermione lifts her head from his chest to look at him.

"I don't think this is what Abe had in mind." Harry grins.

"What he doesn't know won't hurt him." He runs his fingertip along her lips. "Have I told you lately how beautiful you are and how very much I love you?" She folds her arms on his chest and rests her chin on them.

"Yes, but you can keep telling me. I like hearing you say it." His fingertips move to stroke her cheek and her jaw.

"I'm going to find ways to tell you that even when we can't be together like this. I want to be in your every waking thought and your every dream, just as you will be in mine."

Another AN: This story is a PWP. It is pretty much a one-shot I thought of while I was watching TV one day. I know there are a lot of things that aren't really explained like the undercover bit and Belle, but I just wanted this to be mainly about Harry and Hermione. Hopefully you all enjoyed it.