Unofficial Portkey Archive

Babies by I Heart Harry
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Babies

I Heart Harry

A/N: Hey guys, here's a short one shot I did in late December. WARNING: People may seem a little out of character because when I originally wrote this, it was a fanfic of the anime series called Naruto. I just tweaked it a bit to make it fit the Harry Potter universe, enjoy!

Oh, and for those of you who are reading Sleeping Beauty, don't worry I have the next chapter done. I'm just waiting for my beta to get back to me with the changes he made!

Babies

"Mummy, where do babies come from?"

Hermione Potter choked on her tea as the six-year old boy stared up at her with wide emerald eyes. Hermione wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and set the teacup down on the table. "You already know, Jacob. Babies come from a Mummy's tummy."

Jacob sat down beside his mother and tugged on her sleeve, "But how do they get there?" he asked impatiently, making a face. Hermione stifled a giggle. He looked so much like his father when he pouted like that.

"Hmm, well when a man and woman are married -"

"But Ginny has a baby in her tummy and she isn't married," Jacob said, cutting Hermione off.

"Oh, um okay let me rephrase that. When a man and a woman are in love, they do something and that allows them to have a baby." She said, fidgeting slightly.

Jacob frowned but seemed to accept his mother's answer. Hermione let out a breath and picked up her teacup again. Why did Jacob suddenly want to know where babies came from? Hermione had a feeling that a certain red head had something to do with it. `Ronald, I am going to kill you.'

"What do they have to do?" Jacob asked.

The door opened as Harry walked into the room. Hermione thanked the gods as the little boys attention turned to his father, "Daddy!" Jacob yelled. Getting up, Jacob ran over to Harry and threw himself on him.

"Hey, Jacob." Harry wrapped his arms around him.

Hermione got up and put her teacup in the kitchen sink. She walked over to Harry and gave him a kiss, "Welcome home, love."

Harry smirked. "Ew, Mummy that's gross!" Jacob whined scrunching up his face in disgust. Hermione laughed and ruffled his black hair. For the next couple of hours, it seemed as if Jacob had forgotten his curiosity about how babies were formed as he helped his mother prepare dinner as well as telling his father all about his day at school. Hermione was glad for that, she didn't know how respond to his question, feeling he was too young to learn about sex.

After dinner, Harry excused himself to go into his office to finish some paper work. Hermione was doing the dishes and Jacob was coloring at the table, "Mummy you never told me what you have to do to make a baby." The hyperactive child perked up.

Hermione inwardly groaned as she put the last of the dishes away. "They make love," she finally said, turning around to look at her son, who had a confused look on his face.

"Make love?" Jacob tilted his head, "How do you do that?"

Hermione bit her lip, racking her brains on how to explain it to him She thought of an idea. She smiled sweetly as she walked over to Jacob and placed her hands on his shoulders, "You know, it would be better if you asked Daddy about this. I'm sure he would be delighted to answer your questions, Jacob."

"Really?" Jacob's eyes widened and lit up with hope.

"Daaaaaaaaaaaaaadddyyyy!!! " He called out to his father. He scrambled off the chair and ran out of the kitchen.

"Harry is going to kill me," Even with that thought, Hermione couldn't help but giggle.

*****

Harry looked up from the file he was reading when the door opened and Jacob ran into his office. "Daddy?" He questioned, walking around Harry's desk, hopping onto his lap.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked, closing the file.

"I have a question for you." Jacob said with a serious look on his face, "How do you make love?"

"M-make love?" Harry sputtered, his handsome face turning red, "W-why do you want to know how to make, make - do that?"

"Mummy said that's how babies are made." Jacob said frowning, "She said that you would want to tell me."

"She did, did she?" Harry murmured. He sighed, and ran a hand through his black hair, knowing Hermione made that excuse just so she could get out of telling their son what making love is. "Why do you want to know how babies are made?"

"Me and Jr. and Amy were having a snowball fight today and then Auntie Luna walked by and I was going to throw a snowball at her because last year we had this really, really cool snowball fight but then Amy said not to because Auntie Luna has a baby in her tummy," Jacob paused to take a breath. "Then Jr. said that he knew where babies came from and I said I did too and he said I didn't and I said he had to tell me but he said I have to tell him first but I know he just wants to steal my answer." He grumbled a bit.

Harry looked at his son with his eyebrows raised. Jr. and Amy were Ron and Luna's two children, and best friends with his son. "So, you want to know how babies are made because of that?" he asked.

"Yes!" Jacob nodded vigorously.

"Well…" Harry's eyes darted around the room, trying to think of a way to get out of this situation. His wife was so going to pay for this later on, "We men have these special seeds and women have special eggs. When two people make love, special seeds go into a woman. Sometimes, the special seeds meet the eggs and a baby is formed."

"Oh," Jacob nodded, "You and Mummy should make love. I want a sister!"

"What?" Harry felt his face heat up again, "Jacob -"

"Hey! You can do it tonight!" Jacob said excitedly, "If you do, can I watch?"

"No!"

"Why not?" Jacob pouted, disappointed at his father's answer.

"It's a private thing, Jacob." Harry said quickly.

"How do the seeds get into the Mummy? Does she swallow them?"

"Oh, look. It's way past your bedtime." Harry said hurriedly, looking at the clock. He picked Jacob up, and walked out of the office, "It's time for bed."

"But-"


"Bed!" Jacob pouted but said nothing as Harry kept walking until he met Hermione, and handed him over to her. He then walked into their bedroom. The paperwork would have to wait until tomorrow.

****

Harry had changed into his pajamas and was plotting his revenge on Hermione as she walked into the bedroom. She gave an apologetic smile, "I didn't know what to say to him." Was all she said.

He glared at her, as she began to change into her nightgown, "So you shipped him off to me."

"You're a guy, I thought you'd be able to handle explaining it to him better," she grabbed a brush on the bedside table and began to brush her hair, "How about this, if we ever have a little girl I can be the one to explain it to her. Fair?"

Harry thought for a moment, remembering what Jacob had said earlier. "You and Mummy should make love. I want a sister!"

Harry smirked as he remembered his son's words. He got up, took the brush from Hermione and wrapped his arms around her, resting his chin on her shoulder, "Our son said something very interesting though." He murmured, kissing Hermione's neck.

"Mmm, and what was that?" Hermione sighed, leaning back into Harry.

"He said he wants us to make love so he can have a little sister." Harry nibbled on her neck and pulled away from her. He grabbed her hand and led her to the bed.

"He did, did he?" Hermione laughed.

"Wouldn't want to disappoint him, would we?" Harry grinned as his eyes darkened with lust as he lay back on the bed, pulling Hermione with him.

"No, we wouldn't." Hermione murmured. She smirked back at Harry, kissing him passionately.

-->