Unofficial Portkey Archive

A Drunken Mistake by kinesthetic
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

A Drunken Mistake

kinesthetic

HELLO.

Anyway.

Disclaimer: Everything you recognize from the books is JKR's. Anything you don't is mine. If you see something here that you've seen before, please tell me. I don't want to plagiarize and I might have read something and then forgotten it isn't mind.

This is my first R rated fic. And my first one-shot. My first fanfic in general. So yup. Tell me what you think. (=

If enough people say so, I might add an epilogue.

-x-

"Mmmm." Lily sighed as she moved over in her bed, not quite anxious to wake up yet. She had a pounding headache, and every movement made it worse. She did not even feel like opening her eyes. If she were this lazy, it had to be the weekend. Otherwise, she would have been up right with the sun al… what was this? There was something around her waist. It weren't bed sheets for she couldn't feel any of those.

What had she done last night?

Lily never slept without some sort of covering. She didn't want to catch even the slightest cold, especially now, in her seventh year. What with examinations coming up soon, she couldn't afford it.

She racked her brain, trying to recall what she had done. She usually never got headaches, unless she was stressed about something. And that wasn't the case here, was it? No, she wasn't stressed. Another thought crossed her mind, but she discarded it immediately. She wouldn't have been foolish enough to go and get drunk.

And then she remembered.

Everything.

"Come on Lily! It's a Friday. We just had a huge test in Charms. Can't you just let steam off like a normal person instead of studying more?" Breanne huffed, tugging on the sleeve of Lily's blouse.

"Bree, sneaking out to the Hogs Head and getting drunk isn't exactly my idea of letting off steam." Lily replied, not looking up from her Potions textbook. "Besides, aren't Sirius and James going? I'm sure you won't feel lonely. They do tend to flirt with anything that moves."

Bree groaned. "Lilyyy! That's exactly why I need you there. I can't handle both of them at once. And if you're there, Potter'll be too busy trying to get his hand in your skirt to care that I'm there."

Lily rolled her eyes. "Thanks for that, Bree. Now I really want to go."

"Then come!"

"Why don't you ask Andrew or Leslie to go with you? I'm sure they won't mind sneaking out for a drink."

"Stop calling it that! We're not sneaking out. We're just taking a break from school." Bree grinned. "And if you come, I promise I won't tell Potter about the time you muttered his name while sleeping."

Lily glared at her. "It was a nightmare."

Before the two could argue any more, the portrait hole swung open, and a small clutter of people entered, among whom were three of the marauders. James wandered over at once, with a cocky grin plastered to his face.

"Hullo there Evans. Are you coming too?"

"No Potter. I'm not. For your information, I don't fancy getting stoned and then caught." Lily didn't bother looking at him.

"Geez, Evans. Ever relaxed a little? You know, it might actually do you good to get drunk. Loosen up. Stop being such a prude."

"Excuse me?" Lily glared at him.

Bree rolled her eyes as she sat down. Wonderful. Now they'd be here ages while Potter and Lily fought.

"What right do you have calling me name? I'm a prude because I won't go out with you? Because I won't be irresponsible? Need I remind you, Potter, that you are Head Boy. You're supposed to be setting an example, not leading a group of students to a pub to get drunk. And you're calling me a prude because I won't join you? You know what Potter? Let's see how fun your little outing is."

She turned around to face Bree. "I'll be ready in ten minutes. Wait for me." Then she turned around to James again. "You needn't you git."

Yes, Lily did remember that part. But what had happened after? She had remembered searching for an appropriate outfit and then Bree had come up.

"Lily, I thought you said ten minutes. It doesn't take you this long to get dressed in the morning. What's the matter?" Bree flopped down on Lily's bed, eyeing the pile of clothing Lily had flung out of her trunk with wonder.

"Merlin Lil, did you make that mess? Who would have thought. So, what are you wearing?"

Lily groaned. "Bree, I don't know. I thought I'd just throw on a skirt and a sweater, but I want to show Potter that I'm not a frigid bitch as he seems to think I am. I'm going to make him eat his words."

Bree blinked. "Aren't you taking this a little out of hand Lil? He's Potter. He says stupid things. They don't usually bother you. What's wrong?"

Shrugging, Lily turned back to her trunk. "I don't know. Just help me pick something out, okay?" She rummaged through her trunk to look for something that even slightly seemed un Lily like.

Bree stood up. "You know what? I think I might have something for you. It's small on me now, but since you have a smaller frame than me anyway, it might fit you." The blonde turned away to walk to her own trunk. She dug straight to the bottom and quickly found what she was looking for.

"Ah, here we are. Try it on."

Lily glanced down at the clothes she was now holding.

"Bree, I don't know if you've noticed or not, but this shirt is missing its back."

"Lil! I know there isn't a back. It's a halter top. Surely being a muggle born you've heard of one. They are muggle clothing, you know."

"Of course I know. But you can't expect me to wear this! I'll come off as some sort of … scarlet woman!"

"Isn't that what you want though? Show Potter that he's completely wrong about you? And it doesn't even matter. There isn't anyone there you would really care about anyway. And no one will know."

Lily groaned. "I suppose. Although I do think that Potter might change his mind from me being frigid to just ready to jump in the sack with him."

She had worn Bree's clothes. And her friend had been right. The clothes had fit Lily perfectly. The halter top was snug and fit nicely on her curvy figure. The black knee length skirt was just the thing to go with the top.

She had felt naked.

Well, fuck.

James watched in fascination as Lily descended from the stairs, her step hesitant, looking somewhat… shy. Wouldn't he just love to rip that flimsy top off her and…

"Ready?" She enquired, looking at the group. A couple of people stood and as did James, extending his hand towards Lily.

"Please, Potter." She said looking at him in disdain. "Just because I'm going along, it doesn't mean that I am ready to talk to you with friendly intent."

James smiled at her and shrugged as if to say "Oh well, at least I tried."

What had happened next? She remembered climbing into some portrait hole and entering a dark tunnel which Potter insisted lead Hogsmeade. And he had been right. Minutes later, they had arrived.

"Potter, saying you're helping me through does not give you an excuse to feel up my arse." Lily glared at him, although he probably couldn't see it in the darkness. They were in the cellar of Honeydukes and it was pitch black. Lily felt her way around, looking for a light switch before realizing foolishly that this was not a muggle store and that she had a wand.

"Lumos," said Potter's voice and Lily was startled to see how close he was to her.

Quickly moving away, she asked, "How do we get out? Won't the store be locked?"

Sirius spoke up. "Merlin's balls Lily! It's barely past nine. They're still open. We'll sneak out one by one so it won't look suspicious."

This plan was carried out and soon everyone was standing outside the Hog's Head.

She had gotten a Firewhiskey, much too timid to try any of the other drinks. The alcohol went straight to her head and she remembered promising herself she wouldn't have any more when someone thrust another one in her hand. She also remembered talking nicely with Sirius, flirting with the Ravenclaw Quidditch Captain and then…

Lily's head jerked as she woke up. Her head was buzzing and there was a half full bottle of something in her hand. The lights had dimmed and the… where was everyone?

Starting to panic, Lily glanced around quickly before her eyes came to rest on James. He was sitting across from her, looking down at his bottle. Lily giggled. Why, Jamesie looked quite dashing tonight. His rumpled hair didn't annoy her the slightest bit and the way his shirt was casually unbuttoned was kind of sexy.

Hearing her laugh, he looked up. "You're awake? Everyone left to return to the castle and I volunteered to wait with you."

He had helped her up when she felt slightly tipsy. Just slightly. Apparently she wasn't a person that could carry alcohol well. He had held her arm, as he had led her back to Honeydukes, and Lily couldn't recall ever trying to get out of his grasp. They hadn't talked; just walked in silence. He had quietly opened a window around at the back of Honeydukes, and the two had slipped in.

James closed the window, before turning around to face where he thought Lily was. "Lumos," he muttered. He saw her standing a couple of feet from him, trying to balance on one leg.

"Evans, what are you doing?"

Giggling, she told him. "I'm not quite balanced on two feet. Thought I'd try with one." Her arms flailed about as she tried to keep steady.

Looking at her bemusedly, James moved forward to stabilize her. Merlin, who would have thought Lily Evans would ever act like this?

"Alright, Evans, let's go."

Lily tried to keep from leaning back against his chest as he led her towards the cellar. His hot breath played with the few loose tendrils of hair around her ear, and she could feel his heartbeat. Would it really be so terrible to just turn around and…

"Here we are. Careful now, the steps are steep."

Lily brushed the fantasy away from her mind and swept it into the deepest recesses of her brain. What was she thinking? With Potter?

The two walked silently through the tunnel, James' wand lighting up the way.

He had helped her as she climbed back into the castle corridor. Not even once did he try to do anything. Perhaps he was being a gentleman because she was drunk, or maybe he had had too much to drink as well, though he didn't even show it slightly. They had been walking to the common room when…

"James?" Lily said softly, as they approached the Fat Lady.

"Yes?"

"Thanks."

James turned around to face her. "It was my pleasure, Evans." He gave her the nicest smile Lily had ever seen on him and her resolve to not do anything melted. Leaning forward, she kissed him.

He pulled away at once. "Lily, you're drunk. You're going to regret this in the morning. Let's not."

The little voice in his head was calling him all kinds of stupid.

"But…"

He cupped her face and tilted it towards him. "I don't want you to regret it Lily." He repeated.

"James." Her voice was firm. "Kiss me."

Again, her lips were on his and this time, he didn't resist. He was after all, only human.

Pushing her up against a nearby wall, he thrust his knee between her legs and his tongue explored her mouth. Lily moaned as her arms went around his neck, clutching at the hair there. Her legs rose to wrap around his waist, as their tongue played with each other's.

His voice was husky as they came up for air. "Merlin, Lily. This isn't right."

Without replying, Lily disentangled herself from him and taking hold of his hand, starting leading him towards the common room.

James wasn't quite sure what was going on .Was she cross at him?

The Fat Lady had been mad at being disturbed so late. She had swung open and revealed the empty common room. With mounting horror, Lily remembered what had happened next.

She led him towards the boys' dormitories, walking steadily before coming to stop in front of his.

"Lily, what are you doing?"

"Shhh."

She had known which one his bed was. Walking him towards it, she quickly moved the bed hangings, and pushed him onto the bed before closing the curtains around them, and casting a silencing spell.

Before James knew what happened, her clothes were gone and Lily Evans, Head Girl, was in front of him in her bra. She straddled his lap, kissing him hungrily while her hands worked busily at his buttons.

He never had the chance to protest.

Soon, naked limbs were entangled in bed sheets as James dropped little kisses on her jaw, sucked on the pulse point on her neck, whilst his hands busily roamed over her body. Lily moaned her under him, gasping as he made love to her breasts with his fingers. Then his mouth moved further down, placing soft kisses on her belly, skipped the core of her womanhood and moving to the insides of her thighs.

And then his mouth was on her, kissing, sucking, probing. She gasped with ecstasy clutching the bed sheets tightly in her white knuckled hands.

"James, please." She begged, moving under him mercilessly.

Lily's eyes shot open in dismay. She had lost her virginity to…

"Morning Evans," his voice greeted her ears. Turning around in dread, her eyes rested on a completely naked Potter.

"Had a nice sleep?"

She screamed.

-x-

So, what did you think? One more chapter perhaps? REVIEW.

-->