Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Final Solution by oldfan
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Final Solution

oldfan

*The following is based on J. K. Rowlings characters, creations and world. I thank her for her graciousness in letting us, the fan fiction writers, use them. Nothing is my creation except the circumstances they play in.

Home at Last--Chapter 1

"Harry? Is that you?" yelled Hermione from the baby's room.

Hermione fastened the last snap on baby Harry's jumper. She listened carefully again and smiled. "We got him Harry. Daddy's home and we got him." She held back a giggle.

Harry James Potter Senior jumped around cursing mildly at the pain in his ankle. He knew he was not hurt badly, his pride was hurt more than anything. He kicked at his son's toys on the floor in the master bedroom. "Dang it, Hermione."

He was not really angry. He was upset that he had stuck to the same pattern four times in a row which made him predictable. Now she had figured out a way to even the score. He loved coming home to her. So much so, that a game of hide and seek had developed even he arrived. He always told her his approximate arrival time and she had to hide with baby Harry. She wasn't cheating. She had adapted, overcame and improvised. The toys simply made it impossible for him to arrive without detection.

"Hermione, you win," he said trying to lure her out of hiding. "Darn it, she's not falling for that either," he thought.

The game they played had actually started as a defense against intruders. Harry wanted Hermione to be able to hide long enough for him to come home if someone broke into the house. Now it was just a fun game of hided and seek pitting their magical skills against one another. The perimeter and inside the house were filled with charmed objects that would act as a sort of `howler' if an intruder got too close. "Okay, if that's the way you want it." So, Harry had an advantage because Hermione could not count on those magical items to warn her.

Harry went to the closet and bent down to look in his trunk. He would have sworn that he left his invisibility cloak on top. He hung his head in dejection. His wife was as devious as he was. She was probably using it to hide from him. That was a bad sign. He had won three times in a row and it certainly looked like that streak would end. "Not without a fight, Hermione Jane Potter. You still have to keep a baby quiet."

Harry took a moment to change into shorts and a tee shirt. Normally, the game was over by now. This one might take a while and he might as well get comfortable. He needed a plan.

Meanwhile, Hermione had a thing or two up her sleeve. "Harry, please. Be really good for Mommy, okay?" she whispered to her son as she put him in the playpen. Baby Harry was just ten months old, but brighter than Hermione or Harry could have ever hoped. He was normal by most standards, but it was obvious he was going to have special abilities. He could sense Harry Senior and others by simple sounds. He seemed to understand and obey his parents better than most children ever do by the time they were much older. He simply seemed able to understand language and facial expressions. Hermione still had not been able to make him be quiet when he heard his Daddy around the house. He smiled at Hermione and she shivered with delight.

She moved to the opposite side of the room from the baby and stood in the corner motionless under the invisibility cloak. Baby Harry was going to be her `howler' when Harry came to find her.

Five years at the Ministry and literally thousands of hours of practice and training had honed Harry's skills to an incredible level. He had become adept at moving silently and making himself invisible for a few seconds at a time. He could now stand perfectly still undetected for an hour or more, but movement took away from his concentration so he could only manage a few seconds. He had managed to perfect a combination of the Disillusionment Charm and the spell that charmed the invisibility cloak. Now he had to work on expanding his mind to keep both in-force while moving. He Disillusioned himself and moved silently forward. He would only use the complete invisibility spell to move across the open spaces in their rather spacious house.

He moved from room to room looking carefully for shoes or a lump in a wall that was out of place. Hermione could not do what he did yet, but she was learning. "Where can she be?" he thought. Then it dawned on him. She was hiding in the most obvious spot of all. He headed for the living room. He saw her plan almost instantly. He hated that the rules were changed for their game because it was unfair to make her have to hide and keep Harry quiet. He saw baby Harry in the playpen. Again, he was disappointed that she was using all the rules to her advantage. He would have to use the invisibility charm to get past his son who had the uncanny ability to detect him even when Disillusioned.

Hermione stood in the corner whispering, "Please Harry, help Mommy." She knew she would not see her husband until the last possible second, so her only hope was to have something give him away. If anything would, baby Harry`s excitement at seeing his father would have to work this time.

Baby Harry stood up holding the rail on the edge of the playpen facing the windows. Harry knew Hermione was in the room somewhere. She would never leave Harry in full view from the road without being able to protect him. He just had to see her first and use a tickle charm on her to win.

As luck would have it, Harry's concentration on getting around baby Harry had distracted him just enough that he hit his knee on the end table. He winced in pain, but unlike with the toys, he did not say anything. Unfortunately for Harry Senior, baby Harry turned toward him slowly tottering around the edge of the playpen still holding the rail. "Dada, dada," he said gleefully. Harry could not careless that he lost at that moment. He loved the sound of his son's voice when he said "Dada." He prepared himself for the inevitable as his son through his toy at him playfully.

"Rictusempra," cried Hermione as she pointed her wand at Harry and smiled in triumph.

Harry could not stop laughing. They had picked that charm because baby Harry seemed to laugh just as hard as they did whenever they laughed together. It was much better than scaring each other half to death. His ribs hurt from laughing after only thirty seconds or so. "You won, I give in. Make it stop," he pleaded.

Hermione had picked up baby Harry and laughed with him as they pointed to the elder Harry standing almost invisible laughing his fool head off for no apparent reason. "Rictusempra," she said removing the charm.

Harry touched his wand to his head, shivered at the feeling that charm evoked and smiled. "I knew I was in trouble when you booby trapped the bedroom," he conceded.

"You liked that, did you?" she said with baby Harry on her hip. "Mommy's going to say hi to Daddy, Harry." She put the baby back in the playpen and walked toward Harry with a sweet smile.

"I missed you. Please don't let them send you away for so long again," she pleaded. She threw her arms around his neck and hugged him.

"I missed you too," said Harry. "I promise. It won't ever be that long again." He had been gone for two months.

The trip had been brutal for both of them. Three years before, the Ministry had finally convinced British Prime Minister to join forces with it to combat the growing threat arising from the escape of several prominent Death Eaters. They were still in hiding throughout the western world. The major problem they had to address was that Severus Snape was still at-large. A year ago, the Ministry in conjunction with the British Prime Minister approached the American president with what they knew. They needed help because enormous amounts of resources were being spent investigating sightings around the United States. The time had come to partially rescind the Statue of Wizarding Secrecy with the official government in America and several other countries. There was still to be a great deal of secrecy involved to protect the general public from random magical acts. Harry was part of the international team making way for offices in America and around the world.

Harry kissed Hermione and made his way toward Harry Junior. "Hi, Harry. You know how much I missed you?" Harry took his wand and waved it silently toward the master bedroom. A moment later a shopping bag floated down the stairs and across the living room. It settled to the floor next to Harry.

"I brought something for you," said Harry. His son wriggled with delight.

Harry pulled out a great yellow giraffe from the kids' store he visited in a mall outside Chicago. He had more, but that was the first thing his hand found. He beamed that his son loved anything his Daddy gave him. The little boy hugged it. "Dada, dada."

Hermione knelt behind him rubbing his shoulders. "Your last owl said there was good news," she said. "Just wondering why you sent an owl when we talked on the phone everyday."

Harry smiled and turned back toward Hermione. "I sent an owl with that news, because it would be a constant reminder that good news was coming. If I simply said it and we moved on to a new subject, you might disregard it."

"Hermione, I'm going to be made the Ministry Head of Station in the Chicago Office; there will be the British and an American equivalent. We won't have to put up with these ghastly trips anymore, once everything is set," he said enthusiastically.

Hermione's face broke into a wide smile. "Wow, that is great news. Why couldn't you tell me on the phone?"

He kissed her and led her to the sofa. He sat down and patted his thigh for her to sit on his lap. "It seems that I was getting carried away on the phone. One of our American colleagues told the Minister that these Muggle devices were one of the biggest dangers to security. I got in a spot of trouble over it. So, I had to cool it."

"I noticed that we only talked about Harry, Hogwarts and personal stuff recently." She smiled and winked making a reference to their occasional sex talk to relieve the tension of their long separation.

"It was a really recent change, so it wasn't so bad," he said smiling in recognition. "So, how's he been? He is so big. I'm surprised that he still remembers me."

"Harry, you have to be kidding. I bring your picture out everyday and kiss it in front of him and talk to it. Besides him, you're my world. I can't forget about you, so he could never either," she said with a crinkled smile and a tear running down her face.

He was so glad for Hermione. His world had changed drastically after Professor Dumbledore was murdered. He had to become the de facto leader of the Order of the Phoenix and Dumbledore's Army, even if other adults thought they were in charge. He had been forced to repress his feelings for Ginny. He had become a robot feeling nothing. If it did not involve finding and destroying Voldemort, he found no pleasure except with her. Through it all, she offered friendship and love. Eventually, they saw their feelings for what they really were.

His eyes fogged with emotion as only Hermione could do to him. He kissed her deeply feeling the warmth of the companionship that he so desperately craved the past two months. Their passion was interrupted by Harry's giggles.

"He does that on purpose, you know," said Hermione. "If he sees me on the phone pursing my lips to send you a long distance kiss, he says `Dada' and giggles just like that."

"Yeah," said Harry incredulously. "Wow, that's one smart boy. I hope he doesn't start giggling when I ravage his mother tonight." He turned to her raising his eyebrows up and down suggestively.

"No chance of that happening, Harry," said Hermione teasing him. "Sorry." She turned away holding back a giggle.

"No, don't tell me that my timing is that bad," said Harry thinking her time of the month coincided with his return. "Rosey Palm and her five sisters are getting boring." He said with a pained smile.

"Nope, Rosie might just have to make an appearance in the shower," said Hermione as she got up and started walking toward the kitchen to keep from showing her true colors.

She couldn't hide it anymore. "I'm just kidding, honey. Mum said she would take him anytime on the day you returned home. So all I have to do is call her to make arrangements," she said.

"Wow, I thought I was going to die," he said with a smile. "You're such a tease." He looked at Harry Junior. "Well, son. As of tonight, you are no longer the biggest reason Daddy`s palms grow hair. Are you ready for a brother or sister?"

Hermione laughed. "I swear, Harry, if I get pregnant again I will make your life miserable."

"Wait on, now. You're the one who doesn't mind doing things spontaneously and refuse to let me take precautions" he retorted. "Why should I suffer?"

"Because if you do the crime, you have to do the time," she smiled. "Besides, you know how I feel. I believe as long as we are married and can afford it, we do what we do and God does what he does. Harry`s a gift, you know."

He couldn't argue with that logic. Harry picked up Harry Junior and started to walk outside. "I'm going to go outside with him for a bit, Hermione. I want to see something in the garden," he said chuckling as Hermione banged around in the kitchen.

"Do you want some iced tea or something? I've made a pitcher," she asked.

"Sure, if it's not a bother," he said. He listened to Harry babble in his ear as he carried him to the walker on the patio. He put Harry in it. He had imagined being outside with him just like this since Hermione sent him the pictures of the garden and baby Harry in the walker.

He wondered why Hermione had not asked him more about his big news. She took it in stride as if she expected it. It dawned on him that maybe Tonks had let the cat out of the bag. He would ask.

He heard the screen door open as he looked at the flower beds. He turned and saw Hermione coming toward him holding a glass of iced tea. "There you go, sweetie," she said kissing him lightly. "I can't believe you're really home."

"It is weird, isn't it? I imagined sneaking up on you and winning. That didn't happen. When I expected you to jump for joy about the news, you didn't do that either," he said quizzically.

"Harry, I'm sorry. I tried to be excited, but Tonks told me yesterday when I threatened to change her hair back to a normal color," she said with a smile. "You know that was like holding a gun to a Muggle's head."

They shared a laugh at Tonks expense. She was almost too funny with her constantly changing hair color and appearance.

"You looked so happy and then it was like, `Eh, no bid deal'," he explained.

"No, I'm excited. I think the anticipation of you coming home today made it hard to sleep a wink. Maybe I'm just too pooped to pop," she said. Little Harry giggled when she said `pop'.

"That's okay," he said taking her hand and walking around the perimeter of their backyard looking at the flowers. He let her hand go for just a second as he saw a wonderful red rose standing out from all the others. He reached down to get it. "Ouch," he said as he pricked himself on one of the thorns. "Almost got away without hurting myself." He had successfully picked the flower, but had blood running down his thumb to go with it. "This is what I came out here for…a flower for my girl."

She blushed and smiled. "Thank you, Harry. You know that you should be more careful," she said as Harry handed the rose to her.

"For my beautiful wife. Neither wind, nor rain nor dark of night nor thorns on rosebushes will keep me from my love….," he said in a corny tone.

"Aw," said Hermione taking the rose and putting Harry's thumb in her mouth. "I feel like a vampire." She giggled. "Let me go get a band aid for that and put this in some water."

Harry watched her run off toward the house and pull the screen door shut behind her. He admired her hips as they swayed. He felt a twinge of excitement at the thought of touching her naked bum. She was so cute and remarkably sexy. He never knew how difficult a two month separation could be. He had visualized her naked so many times when he first left and only last night realized how unclear that image had become. It was getting clearer again now and made him want her very badly. For the moment, he wanted nothing more than to spend time with his family. There was plenty of time for that later.

She emerged just a short time later with a band aid. "Here." She stretched it over his thumb and kissed it. "I think I might take a nap at Mum's though. You and Daddy will probably talk football and Quidditch. Just so you know, he's following Manchester United this year. Mum loves to play with Harry, so I'll just sneak off for a bit. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, sure. Are we going to cook out over there then?" asked Harry.

"We can, I suppose. Let me call her." Hermione went inside again. She came out just a moment later talking on her mobile.

"Yes, Mum. He looks good. Hopefully not from chasing any American girls," she said with a wink. "No, Mum. I'm kidding. He's not like that and you know it." She squinted and laughed silently pointing at the phone.

"Yes, we'll be over around three o'clock, maybe earlier. Daddy and Harry can cook the steaks around five. Is it okay if I take a nap while you watch Harry? I didn't sleep well."

"Yes, I'm so relieved he's home. I love you too, Mum. Give my love to Daddy. I'll be home soon," said Hermione. "Well that's that. We can pick up some steaks on the way. She has everything else we might need."

Harry spent just a moment or so more looking at the garden. The late morning July sun kept things just right. The afternoon sun was much different. It was too hot to be out for long on the patio. Harry had once considered covering it, but with the move coming there would be no point.

"Harry, come sit with me," said Hermione sitting in the chaise. She straddled it giving Harry room to slide up and lean back into her chest. He couldn't slide in too far, but it was still comfortable enough for both of them. "I really am excited. It's starting to hit me that we won't have to go through that kind of separation again. Tell me more."

"Well, I picked Chicago only because it seemed most like here. Of course it's a completely different lifestyle, but I mean the rural areas are not that far away from work. I'll be able to Apparate from where we live to a secure place in the office. So we can build a new life in a little rural spot like this. How does that sound?" he asked.

"Sounds wonderful, Harry. You know I'll be happy as long as we can be a family and spend more time together. You thought about my studies too, I'll bet," she said hopefully.

"Sure did. Chicago will be one of the biggest stations from a services standpoint. There will be a hospital and a small school for the kids. They will get a good education from both sides of it until they're ready for Hogwarts," said Harry.

"Yeah, what about American witches and wizards working there?" asked Hermione.

"A few, but most of the Americans will be FBI and other undercover police. The British contingent will appear to be just a small international business, while the undercover agents and government officials will divert most of the attention from us. The Americans want to have the right to choose who stays and goes at first. They have promised to give us diplomatic status once they see how things work. That will open up other avenues. Those details are still in negotiation."

"So when?" asked Hermione soon I hope.

"Not until next summer, but there should only be a couple more trips while we plan. If I have to go, you and Harry go with me from now on," said Harry.

Hermione's face lit up again. "Wow! A trip to America. When?" she asked excitedly.

"Probably early fall. I think around September the first. The one after that will be in the spring to find a place to live," Harry explained to Hermione's great pleasure. He made the mistake letting out an exasperated sigh a moment later.

"Okay, what now? I can tell there's more," said Hermione.

"Well, the only drawback is that I still have to go alone if there is a Death Eater sighting in the Chicago jurisdiction. Believe me if anyone is spotted, they will disappear as quickly as they appeared. I will just have to go to do interviews and collect information. Then I come right back," said Harry. "We don't want to begin a full-scale investigation and tip our hand too early. We need to have our team in place before we do that."

He saw the dejection on her face. He pushed him forward a little and got up. She went over to baby Harry and played with him ignoring Harry. Harry knew there was nothing he could say. He closed his eyes and leaned back in the lounge chair trying to let the tension subside. He hated when Hermione went silent. He knew she was not angry with him, but she knew that nothing the Ministry promised ever worked out the wau they said it would. And, often, the people in charge knew it before they made the promise. She knew that meant that he really could not promise to be back quickly if anything happened.

"Who's that?" she said. Harry looked over and saw her holding a photo of him up to their son.

"Dada, dada," said baby Harry.

"Just going back to what I know best," she said sarcastically. "Harry, I can't take this anymore. The world isn't as dangerous as it was in `98 but it's still pretty dangerous. You don't know that Snape is on our side anymore than I do. You said it yourself that he saved Malfoy and his mother. We know Draco is one those causing all the trouble. I see the fear in your eyes every time you leave us alone."

"Hermione, we have Tonks, Lupin, and countless others listening for any indication of danger. It would be nice if we could count on Ron, but he keeps things pretty professional now," said Harry.

"He's still being a prat, isn't he?" asked Hermione. "He's being as bureaucratic as Percy used to be. I knew he would be upset when I left him, then I knew it was really over when he found out about us. Now I think he is a hypocritical bastard and it just kills me." Harry understood her frustration. He felt it too sometimes.

Ron`s rejection of them as friends was understandable. Harry could never imagine how Ron could forget the image of Hermione naked with her legs over Harry's shoulders and Harry trying to tear her in two. They were not making love at that point, it was lust. It was one thing to find evidence that that he and Hermione were dating or even lovers, but to get over seeing that was unimaginable.

The only thing that made it bearable for Harry and Hermione was that they never so much as kissed or discussed dating while she was still with Ron. They had never cheated. She broke up with Ron a month before graduation and started seeing Harry at the graduation party. He supposed it was inevitable, because of the way they lived and where they lived. Harry lived alone in the Leaky Cauldron and Hermione had a flat near St. Mungo's where she had begun school the following September. So, Ron just happened by one day to see his best mate. He thought Harry was just having an afternoon delight with his some random girl or a new girlfriend. It had been Ron's fault that he saw anything. He heard the sounds and knew what was happening. He was just going to embarrass Harry and whoever he was with. He got more than he bargained for.

"Hermione, he's never going to forget what he saw. We have to just recognize that and move on. He did a lot of mean-spirited things and he paid for it," he said with a smile. "You know we're cordial now because the Ministry says we have to be or we lose our jobs. I don`t think he is as angry as he wants you to believe."

"How do guys get past their anger at the other guy, but still hold a grudge as though it was only her fault? I'll never figure that out." Her expression changed and she laughed softly. "We really had a good go of it that day though, didn't we?" she giggled. "Sometimes I feel bad for Ron. Others days, I am glad he suffered a bit because of the way he's treated me. I loved him once and you know that. I never hid that from you. I just never felt the same about him once I allowed myself to admit my true feelings for you."

"It only feels that way, Hermione. Don't think he's past it," said Harry. "He looks at it as if I tasted a forbidden fruit that should have been his. If he could have one shot at me with no repercussions, he'd do it. I guarantee that. I`m not so sure that it wouldn`t be deadly under the right circumstances."

They had gone over it a hundred times. He knew it was because she needed closure. She was vilified amongst the very people she had grown to love--the Weasley family. Harry was no longer welcome among them unless it was for Ministry business and then only for as long as it took to get the business done. No small talk and no acknowledgement passed between them. Ginny would rather spit on him than look at him, believing that Harry had cheated with Hermione too. Harry had become rather adept at changing the subject when it came to this topic. This time would be harder than most, because it meshed the past with the present.

"Well, back to the original discussion," said Harry changing the subject. "You're right I do still worry, but you proved today that you can handle yourself. I don't worry as much now as I did when you were alone and Harry was a newborn. You've come along way."

"I'm so tired of worrying, Harry. We should just go off to some distant island somewhere. We could go away and never worry again," said Hermione.

She was only partially right. The world was vast enough that they could hide. The Death Eaters were hiding from thousands of eyes now that Muggles authorities had joined the chase. Even those extra eyes were not able to gather enough information fast enough to catch them. So it stood to reason that they could do it too. "I know we could in theory, Sweetheart. You know why we can't too. It would only take one stroke of luck on their part and we could be caught completely unawares. This way, we are protected by many more people than we would be otherwise."

Harry looked at his watch. "By the way, when do we have to get ready? We need to go to the store on the way, right?"

"Yeah, I guess we should go. It'll take only a few minutes to get ready, but we could get there early. It means a longer nap for me and more time for Harry with Grandma and Grandpa," she said. "Harry, I know it's not your fault that things still might be like this from time to time. I'm sorry for being so cranky. I'll probably be in better spirits after a nap."

He realized how hard it had been for Hermione. He was sure that it had been as if she were a single mother and had a long distance boyfriend doing nothing but making demands that she keep their child safe and sending money for bills. She could only nap when the baby did and she still had to worry about bills, groceries, diapers and all the other motherly tasks. She also had the difficult task of making that all sound fun to him on the phone when he called her at one or two o'clock in the morning due to the time difference. He kissed her lovingly and tried to remember to let her vent. If anyone had a reason to be a little cranky, she did.

Later that evening, Harry was to find that she had been right. The nap made all the difference in the world. She slept from two-thirty to almost six o'clock when dinner was ready. It was already almost eight and she was her smiling, teasing self once more. There was one obstacle left that could make things a little rough. Harry Junior could rip Hermione's heart out when he cried as she left. They had made it outside without a scene.

"Harry, it's so hard hearing that. No mother likes to hear her baby cry like that," she said sniffling on the way to the car.

He rubbed her back and said, "I know, Hermione. It's not easy for me either, because it affects two people I love--you and him. He's okay though. We love him and we'll be back for him by noon tomorrow."

"Harry, you're just trying to make me feel better so Rosie gets a night off," teased Hermione.

"Maybe," he said. "And maybe I would rather that we lay a blanket out back and stargaze for awhile first. There's still a lot to discuss, a little light snogging, a bottle of wine, and whatever else we can think of. Then, I will make sure you don't walk right for a week."

"Promises, promises," she said as he got in the car.

That was exactly the way the evening went. Harry explained as much as he could about his trip. They kissed, got a little drunk and then made up for lost time in the bedroom. By three o'clock they lay side by side perspiring like they'd just finished an aerobics class.

"Wow, Harry. I thought you'd be out of practice or too quick for the first time in a while," she giggled. "That was fun."

He turned toward her and propped himself up on his elbow. "You bring out the beast…I mean best in me," he said with a wink. "Are you okay with things though? I mean the move and what it will mean for you."

"You mean that the wives need to take a more active role in the Ministry, right?" asked Hermione. "Of course, you know I would love to get more involved."

"Okay, as long as you realize there will be a lot of babysitters at times. We will be socialites there. You're not just another agent's wife. They know my name and they know of you without you being my wife. You don't know it yet, but they might make you an offer to become one of the top researchers. It might be quite taxing at times," said Harry.

"Harry, anything is better than not knowing when I'll see you," said Hermione. She brushed his hair out of his eyes. "You now the scar is really starting to fade now."

"Yeah, I noticed that too," he said. "Roll over."

"Ooh, I like the way you said that," she teased as she rolled over.

Harry slapped her bum lightly and knelt over it and began massaging her back. "How's that?"

"Umm, that's nice," she said breathlessly as he pressed harder to get deep into the muscles. "You know if you don't keep the pressure up, you'll put me to sleep with this."

"Want to hear the truth?" asked Harry.

"Sure," she giggled.

"I hope so. You need some rest and I love you. I just love touching you. I`m using it as an excuse to touch your bottom," he said softening his touch little by little.

"You are a horny, bastard Harry, but thank you. We're going to be fine. I know you worry that I'll get scared one day and run of with Harry Junior and hide," she said.

"How do you know I feel that way?" he said as his heart pounded.

"Because I know you realize I would protect Harry Junior, the way your Mum protected you. I wouldn't let you get trapped with us. You could survive if we could hide," she said crying. "I love you so much, Harry."

She turned over revealing her soft breasts and bare tummy. "Come here," she said beckoning him for a kiss as she let the tears flow.

He kissed her and a moment later she said, "Put your ear to my chest." He obeyed. "Do you remember our first kiss and snogging session?"

"Of course," he said.

"I laid down on your chest just like you are now and fell asleep listening to your heartbeat. We weren't naked like this of course, but it soothed me. I wanted to stay there forever. I want you to hear mine. It's not broken anymore, Harry. You're home," she said softly.

Harry could not speak. It would ruin the moment. He loved his wife and his son. He would die to protect them if necessary and it seemed ironic that nearly 23 years later little had changed except the names.

-->