Unofficial Portkey Archive

Just a Twinkle by MysticalMacaw
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Just a Twinkle

MysticalMacaw

*A/N: This is a little story I started a long time ago and subsequently forgot about. I'm finishing because I am bored and realized how annoying it is to leave a fic unfinished. Hope its ok, I've gone back and tried to fix any mistakes I could and added on to places where I had blatantly been lazy before. Please read and review.*

*Disclaimer: Per usual, I don't own this, not that creative…..*

*Just a Twinkle*

"Jaaaammes…." Lily moaned as she was ravaged by the effects of the powerful climax that was rippling through her. She was completely incapacitated, fixated in the bliss of the sensations that had taken over her. James was also in the throws of a powerful climax, which only intensified by the seductive and needing moan of his wife under him.

After the sensations left them, neither was able to move. They were completely exhausted; any extraneous movement seemed harder than usual. With great effort, James rolled to the side of his wife and quickly fell asleep. Lily, taking one last glance at her sleeping husband, smiled before following suit and drifting off to sleep.

*~*~* Four weeks later*~*~*

"You're WHAT?" James said excitedly. He wasn't sure, but he believed that his wife, his gorgeous wife, had just told him that they were expecting their first child.

"Pregnant, James, we're going be parents. You and I are going to be parents. Can you believe it?" Lily said, excitedly.

She had found out earlier that day after going to the healer. She had been feeling ill for the past couple of weeks and wanted to be checked out. When none of the tests showed any kind of malady, the healer had one last test to run and when she did, the results came back positive. The reason Lily had felt so ill for the past few weeks was because she was a month pregnant with her first child.

"I can't believe this! I am so…so…excited. And that doesn't even explain half of what I am feeling right now!" James gushed, reaching out for his wife, who had become so much more beautiful to him in the past ten minutes than anything else he had ever seen. Putting his head to his wife's still flat abdomen, he whispered softly into her, "I don't know if you can hear this or not, but I want you to know, even now, how much we love you and can't wait to meet you. We just love you so much."

Lily began to tear up, but was soon consumed by a completely different sensation - nausea. She bolted from James, who was still leaning up against her, causing him to almost fall on the floor, and ran for the bathroom. James, bewildered, soon felt the importance of the announcement sink in. He knew that the next few months were not going to be easy for Lily or for him as well.

As he usually did before all of his Quidditch matches and anything tough he had to face, he said a silent prayer to his grandmother. He knew she could hear him and would help in any way she could.

"Help me out here, Grandma. Help me help Lily as best as I can. Help me be a good father to this baby. I need your help. I love them both so much."

Thanking her in his head, he got up and made his way to the bathroom door.


"Honey, are you ok? Do you want me to get you something?" he asked, concerned.

"No, I'll be ok. Just give me a minute or two, could you? I'll be right out." Lily said. She hated being sick. All she ever wanted when she was sick like this was her mother. Yet, she knew that she was the one going to be the mother and being sick like this would pass. "It still sucks for right now." She thought in her head. Washing her face for one last time, she opened the door and went to find James.

She found him in the spare room, just down the hall from their own. He was staring at the blank walls intently, as if he were painting in his head, planning all the colors and borders, trying to make it perfect. Wrapping her arm around his middle, she leaned her head on his shoulder.
"What are you thinking?" she asked him softly.
"Oh, just about all the memories that are going to be made in this room. The good ones and the not-so good ones. We're going to change diapers in here, read stories in here, pull all-nighters in here, and sing lullabies in here, all the things that our parents did for us, even though we didn't know it." He responded dreamily. There was a dopey smile on his face that made Lily love him even more than she could have imagined.

"I know what you mean. I never expected this feeling of absolute unconditional love. It's almost overwhelming, the idea that we are going to be the parenting, rather than just the parented. This little child will depend on us and only us, and for some reason, that is the most amazing feeling in the world. To be honest, I am just a little afraid, what happens if we screw up? It won't just affect us, but our child as well. That is truly terrifying." Lily told him. She felt him pull her a little closer to him as he kissed the top of her head and said,

"What was that line from Shakespeare? Oh yeah, 'The course of true love never did run smooth.' I guess that's what we're going to find out. I hope that we remember all these things we've said when he or she is a teenager and driving us up a wall!"

Lily had to laugh. James always came up with something humorous to say, even in the most serious of times. Sometimes it was annoying, but then again, sometimes it was just the right thing to say.

"We're gonna be parents. Still can't believe it." He said, breathlessly.

Lily's eyes grew big and she tensed. How could she have forgotten?

"What's wrong" asked James, noticing his wife's sudden tension.

"Just that. I forgot to call my parents." Lily said. "I have to go do that, James. They will never forgive me if I just sprung it on them" She rushed out of the room and down the stair to call her parents - leaving James bewildered and alone.

*A/N: Well, there it is. The first chapter. Sorry it's short, but as some chapters usually do, it wrote itself. Please read and review!!!*