Unofficial Portkey Archive

The One that he Pushed Away by cosmopolitan411
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The One that he Pushed Away

cosmopolitan411

Disclaimer: idea's that Rowling girl's.

--

The one that he pushed away

--

Summary: she had loved him, but he broke her heart so many times that it dissipated to a point that all she felt when it came to him was pain. He hurt her so many times and she finally got up the courage to leave him… but she did so with something of his.

--

Chapter XVII: happy?

--

Previously:

"You two should be together James!"

"Sirius, I'm done talking about this, it's for the best so just drop it," James told him as he made his way towards the stairs.

Once James reached them he stopped dead in his tracks from the question that Sirius asked him…

--

"How long can you pretend to be happy watching her and Riley together Prongs?"

James stood there, frozen, lost, unable to decide what to say, "It doesn't matter how I feel; I don't matter. I hurt her so much, you saw it, this is my chance it up to her, to finally be worthy of her."

"Well then your logic sucks."

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah," Sirius defiantly told him, "because she will never be as happy with Riley as she was with you. So in the end, she doesn't even get what she `deserves'."

"You're wrong Sirius, just let me be. Let me try," he told him with a hint of desperation in his tone before walking away.

"You won't last James, no matter how good your intentions may be," Sirius called after him.

--

Lily's office

10am

Lily and Remus sat on the floor observing the blue prints for the house in which France's minister of magic was to stay in while visiting Britain, trying to come up with a security plan.

"Ugh, I can't do this, it's like everything we try has a loophole or poorly reacts with another spell, I'm so sick of this!" Lily suddenly exclaimed.

"Calm down, we'll just take a break," Remus said in an attempt to soother her nerves.

"I'm sorry, I'm just so sick of it all."

"Let's just sit and talk, enjoy ourselves."

"Did you sleep last night?"

"Not after Harry was put to bed."

"Well now we know why you're so irritable."

They sat in silence for a while, Lily just resting on the couch and Remus staring at the artwork on her walls.

"So you and Riley?"

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Is it serious?"

"I don't know."

"Will it be?"

"Maybe."

"Must you be so monosyllabic?"

"When it annoys you this much? Of course," Lily teased him.

"What made you want to give it another go Lils?"

"If I tell you can I be sure that you won't tell anyone?"

"I promise."

"I need to finally stop being of fully giving my heart."

"And Riley won't break it?"

"Never."

"So it's safe?"

"Remus," sighed an exasperated Lily.

"What Lily? I'm being honest with you here. Yes the truth hurts, but I'd like to believe that you prefer it to me lying to you."

"Why can't you just drop it?"

"Just answer one question and I will."

"Fine."

"Do you honestly believe that Riley is the love of your life?"

"No."

"That's my point."

"But it doesn't mean that I can't be happy with him, that he can't become it."

"Stop deluding yourself Lily."

"Stop trying to force James onto me."

Remus sighed, finally seeing her point, "fine, you're right, it's not fair to you. Just tell me one more thing and I'll let you return to deluding yourself-"

"Hey!" Lily protested.

"Lily, what will you do if James finds someone to replace you with?"

"Nothing."

"Lily-"

"Remus, why can't you just let me be happy?" she snapped.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you or anything, I just thought that I was helping."

"I know, but it still hurts."

"Okay, I'll stop."

"Thank you."

--

For three weeks it went on like that, Lily dated Riley and everyone (Sirius and Remus) kept their mouths shut about their opinions regarding the relationships. Lily and Riley got closer while Sirius and Remus' ended their respective relationships, and James left the country to tour Europe with his team.

--

Marauders' residence

Saturday, 11 a.m.

"You know Riley's pretty cool," Sirius commented as he and Remus were eating lunch.

"I can't believe it; you're fraternizing with the enemy!"

"Riley's not the enemy, he's far from it and you know it."

"Still he stole-"

"He didn't steal Lily, he didn't even have to. James didn't want to try anything to get her back, it was fair game."

"So what? Now you support the Lily and Riley relationship? Are you even going to give them a nickname, oh I know, how about Lily?" Remus sarcastically quipped with a bitter tone.

"If James is too scared, then yes. Riley is a really good guy."

"Lily and James should be together."

"Sometimes you just have to let nature take its course."

"So you're just going to let Lily ride off into the sunset with Riley like in those bloody Yank pictures?"

"Sometimes you just have to stop worrying."

"Well the way I see it James is coming back tomorrow and he is still planning on leaving Lily alone and she is falling in love with Riley."

"So maybe you're right, but that can't last. It's Lily and James they are like an institution, they belong together."

"Doesn't mean that they will end up together."

"So maybe, maybe we can give it a little push Remmy."

"Naturally, at the very least we owe them that much."

--

author's note:

I am sorry to say this, but there WILL NOT be an update for a while

I do have the fic written out, but with finals this week and cheerleading practice and finally coming out with this terms lit mag I don't have time until schools out (luckily though, that will be on Wednesday and I will post a new chapter then or on Thursday)

-->