Unofficial Portkey Archive

Hot Days Result in Cold Showers by AquamarineCrystal
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Hot Days Result in Cold Showers

AquamarineCrystal

A/N: Hello everyone. Yeah, I know it's been awhile since I last posted anything. Last year, if you want to be technical. I'm really sorry about that. I always have trouble updating during the school year because I'm so busy, and I know that's really not an adequate excuse, seeing as many of the authors here have already graduated high school and college, and still find time to write in-between their busy lives full of work and family. And honestly, I really admire that. I find it amazing when someone can update on a very regular basis and I'm sure all of the author's fans really appreciate it, because I know I do.

Anyways, I know I keep on promising to update my stories quicker, and I feel terrible when I realize months have gone by and I still haven't delivered an update. And I really apologize, because I know how agonizing it can be, waiting for months and even years for an update to fanfiction you really enjoy reading.

So, for now, "Not My World" will be put on hold, but trust me, it will not have the label "Abandoned" put on it yet. I do intend to write more chapters for it in the near future. And before I post the next one, I will make sure I have at least one or two written in advance so that a quicker update will prevail. Also, I think I've already mentioned it before, but my other "supposed" multi-chaptered fic, "By Spring" I do not plan on continuing. Looking back, it was a stupid story idea, and I have no idea why I wanted to write it in the first place.

So, for now, I will continue posting one-shots throughout the summer, and hopefully some updates to "Not My World." Because I know I really have got to work on my diligence and discipline when it comes to writing stories, if I ever want to pursue a career in writing, which often runs though my mind.

So, without further ado, here is the somewhat humorous fic, "Hot Days Result in Cold Showers." (Which really has no plot, mind you.) Enjoy! (P.S. Sorry for the overly long author's note.)

Disclaimer: I do not own anything here. J.K. Rowling does!

Rating: PG-13

***

It was hot. Actually no, that was an understatement. It was sweltering hot. The boiling sun was high in the hazy sky, and a humid, sizzling mist had cast itself in the usually peaceful town of Backlid. The air was unnaturally still, as not even the faintest of breezes was present. A feeling of frustration, a result of the burning heat, no doubt, swirled around the town's buildings, making for one very unpleasant afternoon.

Naturally, almost every single resident of Backlid chose to remain in their dwellings. If the day had been even five degrees cooler, many may have ventured out and walked to the public pool, but even five minutes in today's heat led to extreme sweating and exhaustion. Thus, most opted to stay in their homes using gallons of cold water from their refrigerators and dozens of fans as a remedy.

The residents of 16 Nickoline Lane were no different than the rest of Backlid's citizens. No Mr. Harry Potter, and his fiancée, Ms. Hermione Granger, were very happy to be able to peacefully stay in their home, and not have to worry about the heat outside.

Currently, the young couple was located in their living room. Hermione was curled up on a lounge chair by the window, reading a book on the history of house elves. Harry, on the other hand, was sitting in a chair opposite Hermione, flipping through the latest edition of his favorite Quidditch magazine, The Snitch.

"Hermione?" Harry suddenly asked as he flipped a page in the magazine.

"Yes, honey?" Hermione replied, not even taking her brown eyes off of her book.

"I'm going to the kitchen to get some more water. Would you like something to drink?"

"Sure," Hermione said absently. "Water would be great."

Harry got up and made his way into their modest-sized kitchen. As he did so, he noticed how soaked his thin T-shirt was. It was amazing, he mused, how the smartest witch to ever have graduated Hogwarts, and the savior of the wizarding world could not muster up enough power to produce a cooling charm that would cover the entire house. So far, they had only mustered one that covered their living room. It appeared to be only temporary, however, seeing as Harry's shirt was now drenched. Sighing, he took it off and placed it over his shoulder. Quickly, he poured two glasses of water, placed a slice of lemon in one for Hermione, and then walked back out to the living room.

"Here, love," Harry placed the water on the small wooden table next to where Hermione was sitting. As he did so, however, he noticed something very interesting.

You see, that morning, since it was so unbelievably hot, the two picked out very thin, light-colored clothing. Harry had chosen a pair of tan shorts and a light blue t-shirt while Hermione chose a white cotton skirt that stopped five inches above her knee, and a pastel pink top. Well, her top was not a standard, regular t-shirt, like the one Harry himself was wearing. On the contrary, it was a shirt that barely covered her belly-button, and one that had a neckline that plunged so deep it showed a good amount of cleavage. It wasn't simply the shirt, however, that had Harry's rooted to the rug. No, Hermione frequently wore shirts that had a v-neck, or open neckline, as did many other women. No, what had frozen Harry was the fact that a thin line of sweat was currently trailing from her neck and rapidly heading towards the valley between her…

"Harry?" Hermione looked up with a small amount of concern to inquire as to why he suddenly had transformed into a statue. "Is everything okay?"

Harry, however, was speechless.

"Harry?" Hermione reiterated. She followed his emerald gaze until she realized it was located at her chest. A grin starting to form on her face, she let her own eyes wander to her fiancée's crotch. Awaiting there was confirmation that Harry was indeed looking at her chest. And by the looks of it, he seemed to be already thinking ahead.

With a huge smile on her face, Hermione carefully set her book aside and stood up. As Harry finally snapped out of his reverie, she reached out a hand and placed it on his cheek.

"Harry, do you find something distracting on me?" Hermione purred as she placed her other hand on his chest.

"Yes, love," Harry said. "I do."

"Oh," Hermione removed her hands and took a step back, looking deep in thought. "Maybe it's my shirt?"

With wide eyes, Harry watched as Hermione reached down and peeled of her pink shirt, which, like Harry's, was covered in sweat.

"Better?" Hermione questioned, grinning wickedly. "It has been awfully hot in here, and all it's been doing is collecting…"

Hermione found herself unable to continue, as Harry had grabbed her and immediately placed his lips upon hers.

Hermione groaned as she deepened the kiss and pushed her tongue into Harry's mouth so that it collided with his own. A raging battle between their mouths ensued as Harry ran his hands through Hermione's brown hair and she trailed her hands down his back. Bare skin grazed across bare skin as the two lovers fought to get as close to each other as possible.

"Harry," Hermione said breathily as she broke apart from Harry.

"Yes," Harry replied, panting.

"I'm still a little hot," Hermione grinned wickedly again. "Would you be so kind as to remove the other articles of clothing I still have on so I won't be?"

"Gladly," Harry eagerly nodded. "But only if you'll do the same for me."

Harry brought his hands down from Hermione's hair, until they brushed up against the back of her lacy beige bra. Without further hesitation, he unclasped it and threw it aside. After he did so, he was pleased to notice that Hermione had already unzipped his shorts and let them fall in a pool around his ankles.

Barely a minute later, and the rest of their clothing and undergarments surrounded them on the floor. Both of them rushed to join their lips in another heavy, passionate kiss. Sweat dripped off of their bodies, but it suddenly was not affiliated with the high temperature of the air.

"You know what would be a fine idea?" Harry asked has he brought a hand down and trailed it along Hermione's thigh.

"What?" Hermione moaned as she felt something sharp and hard poke into her abdomen.

"If we went into the bathroom to take a nice, cold shower…"

Harry barely had time to finish his sentence, since as soon as he said the word "shower" Hermione grabbed Harry's hand and sprinted down the hall.

And what a nice shower they enjoyed.

The End

***

A/N: Hope you liked this little one-shot, that seems to have lacked a plot. I know the title suggested something slightly different, but it was kind of like a little play on words. I know stories have probably been done like this before, but I decided to just write a little quick one anyways. Sorry, too, if it was a little unrealistic or whatever. I'm 17, and I've never even been kissed before :( Anyways, hope you still enjoyed it and I'd appreciate it if you left a review!

:)

-->