Unofficial Portkey Archive

Home Is Where Your Heart Is by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Home Is Where Your Heart Is

Harry85

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter. What, you think if I did we would have such pairings at the end? *rolls eyes*

A/N: This is an NC17 one shot, the high rating version on of another one of the one shots in my collection "Where Deathly Hallows Could have turned Harmonian"

Home Is Where Your Heart Is

The empty words could not disguise the fact that his parents' mouldering remains lay beneath snow and stone, indifferent, unknowing. And tears came before he could stop them, boiling hot then instantly freezing on his face, and what was the point in wiping them off, or pretending? He let them fall, his lips pressed hard together, looking down at the thick snow hiding form his eyes the place where the last of Lily and James lay, bone snow, surely, or dust, not knowing or caring that their living son stood so near, his heart beating alive because of their sacrifice and close to wishing, at this moment, that he was sleeping under the snow with them.

Hermione had taken his hand again, and was gripping it tightly. He could not look at her, but returned the pressure, now taking deep, sharp gulps of the night air, trying to steady himself, trying to regain control. He should have brought something to give them, and he ahd not thought of it, and every plant in the graveyard was leafless or frozen. But Hermione raised her wand, moved it in a circle through the air and a wreath of Christmas roses blossomed before them. Harry caught it and laid it on his parents' grave.

As soon as he stood up, he wanted to leave: he did not think he could stand another moment there. He put his arm around Hermione's shoulders, and she put hers around his waist, and they turned in silence and walked away through the snow, past Dumbledore's mother and sister, back towards the dark church and the out-of-sight kissing gate.

Harry was more than glad that Hermione was the one with him at the moment. He could have come with Ron, but it would have not been the same. For example, the redhead would have not known how to conjure those flowers, he thought with a sad smile. And he wouldn't have come here with Ginny. She was his ex girlfriend, and he still liked her, but there were things he would never share with her. No, Hermione was the only one that could always understand him, the only one who could always support him in his most emotional moments.

It had to be her, and only her, to be with him when he was visiting his parents' grave. It wouldn't have felt right, otherwise.

He instinctively pulled her closer, and she was surprised at the gesture, but said nothing. Honestly, it felt good to walk with Harry that way. And after they ahd grown slightly apart the previous year, she thought having some time with him, only the two of them, wasn't bad too. Ron's departure had given them the chance to form again that bond so unique, and that others could not understand, that had always kept them side by side through the years, not matter what.

It was time for them to leave, it was dangerous to be there. Probably, Voldemort knew they would come, and was on the watch, so they needed to be careful. Leading him toward the countryside out of the village, Hermione suddenly felt him pull her in another direction.

He was heading to a mass of ruins that had to be his parents' old house.

As they reached the old, rusted gate, Harry placed an hand on it, and stopped. Hermione knew he was trying not to, but tears were flowing on his face, and she gently wiped them away.

"It's been here" he whispered, and she knew he was referring to the night his parents were dead. You could see the blasted away upper floor, and her heart went out to him. She couldn't imagine how hard this must be for him.

"Harry" she started softly. "We should go"

"No, I want to stay here for the night" he said, finally looking at her. She opened her mouth to protest, but he placed a finger on her lips. She trembled at the contact.

"Hermione, I know it's dangerous. Believe me, I know. But I feel I have to, I feel it's right to do it"

Looking in his eyes, she immediately knew this was as important for him as visiting their grave had been, so she relented.

"Ok, we'll stay for the night" she said, smiling up at him. He grinned, and pulled her to him. She almost yelped out of surprise, and then laughed when she landed on his chest.

He chuckled too. "You're the best" he said softly, kissing the top of her head.

Her cheeks were now a bright pink, and not for the cold air. Not only, at least. "I try" she said, almost too low to be heard, but Harry did, and nodded. Then, they proceeded to open the gate, it was not a difficult task, and entered what remained of the house.

For once they did not need the tent to shelter them for the night, as the lower floor was still ok. There were holes in the ceiling, but it could do. After placing the usual charms to prevent them to be noticed, Harry wanted to visit his parents' room.

"You go" Hermione said to him, and smiled, gesturing for him to go up the stairs. "I'll stay here"

"No" he protested. "No, Hermione. I want you to come with me" he said, he didn't know why it was so important for him that she was by his side, but he felt he needed her to.

She took the hand he had offered her, and entwined their fingers together, giving it a slight squeeze that he returned. Harry took a deep breath, and then he started climbing upstairs, step after step.

Once he entered the room, he noticed it was still quite in good conditions. The ceiling had been completely blasted way, as well as one of the walls, but the floor was still intact, and he could see his parents' bed, and part of a small library. There were things scattered on the floor, and Hermione kneeled to look at them.

Under the bed, she found an old picture.

"Harry, look at this" she said, showing it to him. The picture showed a tiny Harry in Lily's arms, and James hugging her from behind. They were all waving at the camera, smiling.

Harry stared at the photograph in awe, and then it happened. He felt a rush of sadness envelope him, and he let himself fall on the bed, still staring at the picture, while his sobs filled the room. Hermione sat near him, and hugged him tightly, whispering soothing words in his ear.

It took him some minutes, but finally he regained control of himself. He smiled weakly at Hermione.

"See, I knew I needed you to visit this room" he said, attempting a joke. She smiled back, and squeezed his hand.

"I'll always be here at your side, Harry, you know that"

"I know, and I thank you for that" he said, serious. Then they walked back downstairs, and prepared themselves something to eat. Harry must admit with practice she was getting better and better at cooking.

"You know, this is actually really good" he said, complimenting her.

"Thanks" she said, a faint blush creeping to her cheeks. "Too bad Ron doesn't appreciate it" she muttered, but Harry heard her.

He wondered fleetingly if maybe Hermione was attracted to Ron, and it made him feel strangely queasy.

After that, they readied themselves to sleep. As they slipped into their sleeping bags, Harry smiled one last time at Hermione, who returned the gesture, before taking off his glasses.

But as the night progressed, Harry woke up with a start. He felt his scar prickling madly, and he saw Voldemort, wandering between the cottages of Godric's Hollow, and he was filled with that strange sense of purpose, of slight cheer, that always preceded his killing of someone.

"Hermione!" he screamed. She woke up suddenly.

"He's coming" he said matter-of-factly, standing up and taking his wand. "He knows we are here"

Hermione gasped, and grabbed her wand too. Mere moments later, the front door was blasted away.

"Potter" the snake-like voice hissed. "We meet again" the Dark Lord snarled.

"Riddle" Harry said, glaring at his nemesis.

"Don't you dare call me with that name!" the Dark Lord hissed angrily. Then he raised his wand. "Nice little friend you have here, Potter" he said, looking at Hermione. "Too bad she's a Mudblood, or she could have been fun in bed"

Harry was fuming, but didn't dare to make the first move.

"Crucio!" he heard Voldemort scream, and suddenly Hermione was on the ground, writhing in pain. Voldemort cackled madly, while Harry was filled with pure hatred for the killer of his parents.

"I won't let you hurt her!" he cried, his green eyes dark with rage. And then it happened. His wand moved of his own volition, and a streak of blue light interrupted the Cruciatus Curse.

The Dark Lord growled in frustration.

"You are going to lead all the ones you love to death, Potter" he hissed, then Harry heard a slithering sound. Turning, he saw Nagini move toward Hermione, but he was quicker. Rolling on the floor, he grabbed her and moved out of the snake's reach.

"Enough! You're going to die now Potter, with your Mudblood girlfriend" Voldemort shouted, and then he cast the Killing Curse.

"Avada Kedavra!"

Harry waited for death to take him, looking in Hermione's eyes serenely, while she was panicking. He held her in his arms and was content of dying with her eyes as the last thing he saw. He understood now, why he felt so connected to her, but it was too late. He had wasted his chance to show her how much he cared for her, how much he loved her, and she would never know.

Then, he felt everything going dark, and guessed he was dead.

Some time later, he felt someone touching him, and then a drop of liquid fall on his face. He couldn't understand, if he was dead he should not feel anything…

He tried opening his eyes, but he couldn't do it. The light was too strong, and Harry felt his head exploding.

"Harry" he could hear someone calling him, and he thought curious that the voice was so similar to Hermione's. He made another attempt at opening his eyes, and this time he managed it.

He looked around, and was surprised to see he was still in his parents' house. He couldn't look more though, because a mane of bushy brown hair enveloped him, and two arms hugged him so tight that air was becoming a problem.

"You're alive!" Hermione sobbed, staining his shirt with her tears. "You're alive!"

He pushed her back slightly, to look at her face, and she was horrible. Her eyes were puffy and bloodshot, her face was stained by tears that had by now dried on her skin.

"What's happened?"

"I don't know, the Killing Curse hit you and you went rigid, I thought you were dead, but there was bright light enveloping the two of us. Neither Voldemort or the snake could reach through it, so they left. Oh, Harry…" she said, nestling her head on his chest.

He rubbed her back soothingly, and let her cry. "I'm ok, Hermione. I'm with you" he said, smiling slightly, and she chuckled through her tears.

Then, she leaned in, and their faces were dangerously near now. He gulped, and soon her lips met his own in a chaste kiss, sweet, gentle, and yet full of meaning.

Harry kissed her back, deepening the kiss, running his tongue on her lower lip asking for entrance. She eagerly complied, and their tongues met for the first time. It was like the universe ahd exploded inside him, he felt filled by warmth, and happiness, and he knew not even all the Dementors of the world could made him feel sad now. He had never experienced something this powerful and raw before, and what he thought to be haven before, kissing Ginny, was now lame and pale in comparison.

Hermione, too, had never felt this complete, and if she was tricking herself into thinking being with Ron could make her happy, this proved her wrong. She knew she would never experience something like that with someone who was not Harry.

Their kiss grew heated, and Harry started caressing her sides, almost grazing the sides of her breasts. She buried her hands in his hair, pulling him even closer, attacking his mouth fiercely, not holding back, and he did the same. He loved the feeling of her hair in his hands, and kept stroking it gently now and then, but the dance their tongues were making was nothing gentle. It was passionate, hot, and needing.

After a while, they broke the contact, for lack of air. Their lips were swollen, their eyes filled with happiness for having found each other.

"Hermione…"he started, she silenced him with a kiss. She knew he wanted to ask her if she regretted it, but she didn't and was going to show him that. She led him upstairs through their kiss, and into his parents' bedroom, and finally on the bed.

He felt a flame ignite in his very core, and couldn't help kissing her hungrily. He wanted to touch her everywhere, and as their kiss become more and more passionate, he started unbuttoning her blouse. She smiled at him seductively, and did the same with his shirt, pushing then it off his broad shoulders.

"My, we're becoming quite hunky, Mr. Potter" she huskily said, trailing kisses along his chest, and making him shiver. He caressed her back, and felt the clasp of her bra under his fingers. Harry started fumbling with it, but couldn't get it open. Hermione giggled, and took care of it herself, letting the piece of cloth slid down her arms. Harry was left looking at her bare chest, and he was mesmerized by it. Then they removed their pants and underwear, lying there, naked, for the other to see.

Hermione felt his gaze and blushed, fighting the urge to cover herself.

"You're beautiful" he said, with such intensity that it made her insides melt, and a warmness set between her thighs. He traced feather-like caresses on her shoulders, slowly moving down her arms, then moving to her belly. He took his time going back up to her stomach and then he moved to the valley between her breasts. Her nipples were hard, standing, and she felt her arousal grow moment after moment. He kissed her on her neck, moving down toward her chest, and she moaned, fisting his hair in her hands. He cupped her breasts, and marvelled at how well they fit into his hands. He kneaded her nipples with his thumb, before taking one in his mouth. She arched her back so that she pressed her body more into him, and her sucked on it, then he grazed it lightly with his teeth, sending new waves of pleasure through her body.

As he was doing that, he slid one hand between her legs, cupping her center, and finding her already wet for him. It made him eve more aroused to know he had that effect on her, and he started exploring the bush of hair that covered her most precious place. Finally finding it, he slowly slid one finger inside, and she gave a gasp.

"Harry" she gulped, and he kissed her hard, pouring all his newly found love for her in it, while slipping another finger into her slit. She arched again, pushing so that his fingers were now buried deep into her. He found her clit, and started rubbing it, with his thumb, and sheer pleasure rippled through her as her first orgasm hit her hard.

She was thrashing on the bed in pleasure, gripping the old sheets, as Harry traced light kisses on her abdomen, till his head settled between her legs. She could feel his hot breath on her sex, and even that aroused her so much. He then started sucking on her little nub, and Hermione really felt she was going to die, and to die happy. She pushed his head so that she kept him there, and he started lapping at her wetness, and plunging his tongue inside her.

She closed her eyes shut, and a loud scream filled the room as she came for the second time. As she regained her breath, he moved up again, and kissed her. She could taste herself on his lips, and soon their tongues started a frenzied dance, as she slid one hand down to grab his erection. He held his breath when he felt her soft skin closing around his shaft, and kept kissing her as she stroked him.

Soon, he started grunting out of pleasure, and she gave him a wicked smile, before moving down. She smeared the first drops of pre-cum on his tip, with her thumb, and then started increasing the rhythm of her strokes. Soon enough, he called to her.

"Hermione, I'm coming!" he managed to choke out, and she licked her lips, then with a swirl of her tongue she licked the head of his cock. He was in heaven, but that was just the beginning. She started licking his whole length, one hand going to cup his balls, before she took him into her mouth, starting to bob her head up and down. He knew he would shoot his load soon, and gripped the sheets as he came, a primal grunt leaving his throat. Hermione swallowed drop after drop of his cum, and felt her own excitement rebuild. She touched herself as she kissed him, and that was enough to have him going again. He was hard in few moments.

"I need to be inside you" he huskily said, and she grinned. She cast the Protection Charm, feeling for the first time its typical warmth spread in her abdomen.

Then she guided him there, and with a swift movement, impaled herself on him. There was strong pain as he broke through her womanhood, but it quickly subsided, as the feeling of him inside her body filled her. She started riding him, he had his hands on her hips and accompanied her movements with thrusts of his own.

He felt she fitted him perfectly. She was tight, and he could feel her muscles squeezing him. He growled in satisfaction, and kept pushing in and out of her. Then, interrupting the rhythm for a moment, he rolled both of them over, so that now he was over her. He resumed his thrusts, and she thrashed on the bed, fisting the sheets in the process, her mind numb with the overload of sensations flooding through her.

She could feel another orgasm building, and from his grunts she guessed he was near the edge too.

"Come with me" she purred to him, then placed both hands on his cheeks and claimed his lips in an hungry kiss, that neither broke till both came, at the same moment, shreds of pure pleasure piercing through both of their bodies.

Then, he collapsed on top of her.

As he rolled over, and slipped out of her cunt, he pulled her close with an arm, and she sighed happily. She nestled with her head on his chest, their legs still tangled, and his arm keeping her there.

"You're amazing" he said softly. "I don't think I can live without you"

"Neither can I, Harry. Neither can I" she said, sleepy.

Harry now knew that wherever he would go, he would feel at home if only she was with him.

As sleep took him, he remembered something he had once been told by Dumbledore. "Home is where your heart is" and he couldn't help smiling, now recognizing how true that statement was.

-->