Unofficial Portkey Archive

Bed of Roses by seleene_paris
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Bed of Roses

seleene_paris

Bed of Roses

By: S'Eleene Paris torres_01@yahoo.com

Rated: PG (Rated K for fanfiction.net)

Pairings: Harry Potter/ Hermione Granger (minor pairings Viktor Krum/ Hermione Granger; Harry Potter/ Cho Chang)

Synopsis: This story is based upon the film by the same name. This is also an alternate universe. It's a romantic story of two complete strangers thrown together by a chance glancing into a window and a mysterious delivery.

Spoiler warning: Since this story is an alternate universe there is no need for a spoiler warning.

Disclaimer: J.K. Rowling owns all lefts, rights and snitches belonging to the Harry Potter Universe. The movie Bed of Roses and its storyline belong to the parent film company it belongs to. I DO NOT OWN EITHER COPYRIGHTED FOREMENTIONED PARTIES. I AM USING THEM FOR NON-PROFIT SO I CAN USE THEM WITH OUT THE DIRECT CONSENT OF THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS. The only thing I do own either I would be freaking rich that's for sure. "Merchandizing, Merchandizing that is where the REAL money from the movie is made."-Mel Brooks from the movie Spaceballs. If either copyright holder wants to sue me, I would more than happy to share the only thing I do own…my debt.

God bless,

S'Eleene Paris

*****

Prologue

"So you see, Mr. Olivander, investing in this opportunity could only benefit your shop. You would only be opening to a whole new market in America." Hermione Granger concluded as she sat in front of the greatest wand maker of the age; if not of all time.

Mr. Olivander reclined in his office at the back of his shop in Diagon Alley. His antique black walnut desk overtook every other piece of furniture in the room. He went through the pages of the presentation again and deep in Hermione's stomach knew he was stalling. Stalling was never a good indicator of a good ending to an investment pitch. "When did you make Vice President of Investment Affairs at Gringotts?"

Her heart sank a little. Chit-chat was another delay tactic. "Two months ago," she admitted, "but it's because it is my first deal, I know it so well. If you want to go over the strategy plan once more…"

"There is no need." Olivander snapped the binder shut. "I am in."

Hermione's eyes went wide. "You're in?"

The ancient man smiled at her. "That would be what I said."

Hermione gathered her briefcase and then turned to her client. She offered him her hand. "Thank you for your time. I will have my secretary have the paper work on your desk by Monday."

A knock interrupted them and Olivander's apprentice, Amethyst Leeds poked her head into the door. "Mr. "Olivander, there is a floo out here for Ms. Granger."

"Thank you, Ami." Mr. Olivander stood up and escorted her out where the fire place was.

Before she looked into the green flames, she knew who it was. "Hello, Viktor."

"I just checked your muggle post office box since you haven't checked it in about a month and there is a letter here from a law firm called Hymens and Robertson." Deep with in her soul, she knew what the letter contained. She had allowed him to read any official looking documents such since he was practically living with her. "I opened the letter to see what they wanted and it says here they have death certificates for a Julia and Darren Punckle. They had labeled you next of kin. Do you know anything about…?"

Her face went white as a sheet and her body shook, threatening to give under her. As she listened to her boyfriend giving her the bad news, Mr. Olivander stayed close by to make sure she didn't collapse. "Viktor, I can't talk here. I'll give you a floo when I get back to my place."

"Alright," He said in his thick Bulgarian accent. "I'll see you later then."

"Is everything alright?" Mr. Olivander asked her once she turned to face him.

"Yes, everything is fine." She straightened her robes and put her straight professional face on. She offered her hand again to shake his. "Again, I'll make sure my secretary has the paperwork on your desk by Monday. Good evening, Mr. Olivander."

"Good day, Ms. Granger." Mr. Olivander watched as she left his store.

When she appeared at home, it was dark outside as it was in her flat. The sun had long ago put itself away and the full moon shined through the open window onto her fish bowl. Hermione flicked her light to her flat on with her wand and greeted her fish with some food, "Hi, Merlin. Are you hungry?"

Once she made it over to the fish bowl, she realized her pet was swimming upside down. With the range of the emotions she had experienced that day, the death of her pet pushed her over the edge of control. She shook with grief as tears spilled from her eyes.

Unbeknownst to her, a man with emerald green eyes watched her from the street below.

*****

-->